[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Everyone in the cast did well! Just as when a drama flopped it is not the lead's fault. Everyone from director, props, writer, music, minor and major roles all put in their best. I'm sure the casts will continue to work hard to maintain their good work. The beauty is they are enjoying while they r filming. And hopefully the positive vibes come out of the tv screen to the Korean audience too! 

• Like 16

omg im so happy.... thanks god the rating is very daebak....i cant even believe it's doubled......

this is miracle....even universe support this drama....congrats for all the casts....

i cant even describe my feeling right now, because it's feel so good, very happy, joy and grateful, hope the rating for next episodes will increase more and more...

im happy because all casts deserve this, they will shooting with more confidence with this happy news and bring the best to entertain us.

congrats bogum ah...im  such a proud noona fan. 

• Like 12

Lee Young is a sadistic type that you can't easily ignore and i feel so pity and funny in the same way with Raon because she is typical that Lee Young likes to bully in funny way  :D

The owner and the puppy xD 

i can't even imagine what will Raon do in the beginning of episode 4 when Lee Young tells her about who is he xD 

• Like 9

High jump in the ratings is the product of strong opening episodes, balanced, but not boring, instead keeps you intrigued, and by now, viewers are starting to root for the characters. And it has managed to maintain that balance in EP 3. Ratings will only go up from here on out, despite competition, it is just hard to drop this gem. While we enjoy watching all the pretties, you WILL manage to look passed that because the story in itself reels you in. 

I cannot help but love Ra On in this episode. I thought her ghost writing job was just so she can earn money, because the first episode somehow gave me the impression that she is one of those characters who would likely do anything for money, but I was wrong because she really puts her heart into whatever she does, be it ghost writing or delivering letters to the King. She is thoughtful and caring. Also, apologising when she knows she is wrong is a strong suit. 

Lee Yeong, on the other hand, I do not want to say manipulative, but is good at predicting people's responses to situations, at least in the court or those around him (except for Ra On, though), but his prejudice against his father made him misunderstand him, and I am glad that's over and will not be dragged on. He is smart and thinks ahead. But despite what he shows to others, he, too, is caring and thoughtful, just like Ra On. I really like seeing similarities between my OTP. ;-P 

Few tender moments, too, between Lee Yeong and "step mom", I really like those parts. Politics will only go dirtier from now on, since Lee Yeong is now regent, but I am ready to get frustrated with the politics as it is to be expected. We are seeing more sides to the leads, they are slowly being fleshed out, I like it. 

• Like 21

I've been hearing some talk in other drama forums that it only got high ratings because all the doctors viewers had nothing to do and just moved to MDBC. Although that may be small part of it, MDBC earned those ratings. The hard work the cast and production crew has put into this drama is the true reason why Moonlight is getting these kind of ratings. They've made a fresh enjoyable drama, and it makes me feel sad that some people think that it doesn't deserve these ratings. 

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, chocolatepie said:

A drama success or failure does not depends on only 1 or 2 person. As much as i'm a PBG fan, i have to say that the jump in the rating is due to the plot(storyline) and the whole cast(including the backstage crew). Any area lacking will affect the drama.. so please don't post unnecessary comments that it is because of PBG. KYJ is well known as a good actress at her young age and this has been mentioned a few times. We also can't deny jinyoung fan base either.  The veteran actors/actresses also contributed to the drama with their natural acting.. without everyone's effort, this drama will not be at this present stage.

Another thing thou, not to be a wet blanket, its still a bit too early to say that MDBC will win. ML is only at 2nd episode, just like MDBC, their rating can jump at episode 3 too. So its better to monitor closely for another few episodes. Whether ML will see a jump in their rating or not will depends on the overall( plot/acting,etc).  

My 2 cuties deserved the limelight at this moment... but i'm foresee PBG agency asking for high price for fan meet after this drama ends (like how they did with SJK). 

I agree. Last night's rating's were pleasantly surprising (To us, at least) , but it is too early to tell on who will come out the winner.  We have to consider that MDBC aired a special episode 1 hour earlier, which could have caused the massive draw in views.

• Like 11

First of all, congratulations to MDBC for doubling their rating. I feel very happy for them. But at the same time, this rating war is affecting the way we enjoy dramas. I watched ML too last night since MDBC with subs will only be shown today on KBSW. Each drama has its strength. And like chocolatepie mentioned, it's still too early to say MDBC will win the rating game. Episode 2 of ML shows increased rating of 2%. So, yeah, I'm happy but I'm being cautious too. Don't want to start any fanwar.

I'm wishing only the best for MDBC. OTP + their sidekicks are too adorable. And it's funny that PD inserts some old man jokes, haha! I don't really understand the jokes but I still feel it's funny. Perhaps, old man jokes is the in thing now in SK :D

BTW, to PGM fans, don't forget to watch 1N2D. He's a guest and I could understand if people say he is the nicest person they've ever met.

MDBC, hwaiting!!

• Like 9

Just now, iasd123 said:

I've been hearing some talk in other drama forums that it only got high ratings because all the doctors viewers moved to MDBC. Although that may be small part of it, MDBC earned those ratings. The hard work the cast and production crew has put into this drama is the true reason why Moonlight is getting these kind of ratings. They've made a fresh enjoyable drama, and it makes me feel sad that some people think that it doesn't deserve these ratings. 

Honestly, for me, there is nothing wrong with saying that Doctors viewers moved to watching Moonlight. They chose Moonlight period, and that is great! But, yes, it is funny that some are attributing a show's success to another when it is but a natural consequence, since one show has ended (and very few people will drop a show they have been watching religiously, in its final week), so of course, people are going to be watching a new one, and it just so happens, that people are choosing to watch Moonlight.

Do not mind what some people think about the ratings, it will make you enjoy the drama less, and that's not good. 

• Like 15

Funny how for some, we cannot enjoy BOTH dramas. It must be one or the other. Honestly both may be sageuks but the plot is different, the protaganists are different. If you were in the mood for a heavier saguek, it's ML. If you want something lighter (with palace intrigue thrown in as well), go for Moonlight. 

image_zpswjt45m15.jpeg

PS. Since there are now two Moons on Mondays and Tuesdays - what do we call ourselves....LOL...

• Like 23

I screencapped a scene of our Prince crying and it broke my heart. But now, I will like to use it as tears of happiness!! I am so happy that ratings are almost doubled since its last episode! Good job to the whole Moonlight Drawn by Clouds team! Keep up the awesome work!!!!!!

P.S. We are reaching 100th page soon! Woohoo!!

MDBC2.jpg

• Like 13

Thanks a lot dear @honeywell i never read about that curse before hahah. 

I love Eun Ji in Sassy Go Go by the way. But i never watch drama based on rating. But high rating will adds on the happiness.

@Chocolatepie dear. I think none of us is think that the rating jumps merely becoz of PBG (still his ahjumma fans though). 

Kim Yoo Jung is really such a great actress. I watch a lot of Sageuk and been following KYJ works so far and she is stellar.

As for Jin Young i only know him as an Idol, member of B1A4 so he should have big enough fan base on teens age range.

Chae So Bin and Kwak Dong Yeon, i've been watching some of their previous works, and they're a decent actors. CSB could deliver the nice and even hatefull character well. She's some kind of antagonist that we can't hate.

And the story is solid. I love a drama that heavy enough but not too difficult to enjoy. As for directing and other aspect I can judge, i don't even credible to judge. But they looks beautiful to watch. 

Already download the rival drama and not watching it yet. I'm going to diggest the cuteness overload in moonlight first.....

• Like 14

Episode 4 Text Preview

Episode 4: After the show ends

The Crown Prince Lee Yeong (Park Bo Gum) has been placed in charge of the  the King’s upcoming fortieth birthday and the Qing Dynasty envoys group…
Lee Yeong calls over prostitutes from all over the country and personally choreographs the dance!
The ministers initially feel disdain but on the other hand, after looking at the performance they feel threatened.
On the King’s fortieth birthday, Ae Shim who was supposed to perform the solo dance suddenly disappeared…

c/o

https://parisonheavens.wordpress.com/tag/moonlight-drawn-by-clouds/

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, honeywell said:

Episode 4 Text Preview

Episode 4: After the show ends

The Crown Prince Lee Yeong (Park Bo Gum) has been placed in charge of the  the King’s upcoming fortieth birthday and the Qing Dynasty envoys group…
Lee Yeong calls over prostitutes from all over the country and personally choreographs the dance!
The ministers initially feel disdain but on the other hand, after looking at the performance they feel threatened.
On the King’s fortieth birthday, Ae Shim who was supposed to perform the solo dance suddenly disappeared…

c/o

https://parisonheavens.wordpress.com/tag/moonlight-drawn-by-clouds/

Chances are it is Yujung's dance time. But she did not really dance too much in her Inkigayo days.

• Like 6