Because of the ban on TV back then, it feels extra good to see JY on TV T.T. Baby steps and I believe one day you two will be on TV every week!!!

Mark this 2nd October 2017!!!!!!!!!!

Its my friend and Nara screaming LOL

Spoiler

JY studio weibo update

Spoiler

006u6uFmgy1fk46xwpp6wj31kw11xnpi.jpg

006u6uFmgy1fk486legs9j31kw11x7wm.jpg

006u6uFmgy1fk486lago9j31kw11xe85.jpg

• Like 8

Hi guys! (Welcome newcomers!)

so while listening to JY's version of Red bean. I couldnt help but notice of him singing Shangkou (伤口)instead of wen rou (温柔). So JY singing 醒著亲吻的伤口 instead of 醒著亲吻的温柔。lol, it could just be his accent or forgetting the lyrics, but I think this is like ZZ's case during Shanghai concert of Shangyin fanmeet and his Light concerts of 海 instead of 爱 or 瑜洲 instead of the actual lyrics。idk, I couldn just be hearing it, but help on this. The song is on a repeat with JY's voice. Ugh, I really missed his singing. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 1blankstare said:

Hi guys! (Welcome newcomers!)

so while listening to JY's version of Red bean. I couldnt help but notice of him singing Shangkou (伤口)instead of wen rou (温柔). So JY singing 醒著亲吻的伤口 instead of 醒著亲吻的温柔。lol, it could just be his accent or forgetting the lyrics, but I think this is like ZZ's case during Shanghai concert of Shangyin fanmeet and his Light concerts of 海 instead of 爱 or 瑜洲 instead of the actual lyrics。idk, I couldn just be hearing it, but help on this. The song is on a repeat with JY's voice. Ugh, I really missed his singing. 

I didn't pay close attention to the lyrics JY was singing so i'll have to check lol. But there is no way that ZZ accidently sang hai instead of ai, and yuzhou instead of universe, he did it over and over again in every concert basically. There's videos that have been posted somewhere here where it shows every single time he's done it. And he often kind of smiles before he does it too. Plus there's times where he doesn't do it so you know he isn't mispronouncing it normally. When he sang dust with his mom for mothers day he obviously pronounced it the way it was written and said ai instead. 

ZZ is definitely giving us candy on all those occasions, its not a mistake lol. Trust me please!!!! This is something that bz have been trying to deny for ages unsuccessfully lol.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ghettomilkshake said:

omg i just realised the similarities with the novel and with him wearing white and all he really does look like he's attending a wedding as the groom brb gonna cry  :bawling:

honestly imo i feel like jy always had alot of singing potential and if he had the same amt of training/practice zz had he would have been a more successful singer ? I personally prefer his singing to zz's bc his voice got this unique refreshing tone, his range is potentially bigger than zz's and he's able to convey his emotions through singing very well? 

vocally wise zz isn't the strongest in the industry but his specialty lies in being an all-rounded star: singer-songwriter, dancer, able to play multiple instruments & sing at the same time (mainly guitar) and yeah i think u re right zz's vibrato isn't very well developed and alot of times he has some difficulty in belting (esp high notes due to lack of vibrato) like in his new song 'leave me alone' he went a little flat at the end in one of the live performances

however his lower notes are very stable and rich and he can easily switch to falsetto :)

my fav performances of zz i've seen so far are probably his simple acoustic covers of 十年 (ten years) & 什么男人 (what kind of man) and i feel that his voice is better suited & utilised for such songs 

[Ok, this is a REALLY long post so i'll put most of it under a spoiler]

Well, i think a lot of ppl kind of think that too. I think that JY does have a very beautiful voice that is really quite unique. Initially ppl often said that ZZ couldn't sing etc (which i don't think is true, he is not a bad singer), i mean i think ppl did compare the both of them, there were a lot of ppl badmouthing ZZ at the time with stuff like this. And ZZ totally heard it and kind of referred to it in one of the award ceremonies. I think ZZ just tried his best and at the time he also didn't sing in a way that was as natural for him i think. Sometimes he would sing the songs in the way that the original singer sang it, so it wasn't the best way for him to sing for his voice. Now he's singing his own songs and in his own kind of way which sounds better. I think ZZ sounds great when he sings dust and surprisingly during the shanghai concert he sounded really good singing its my life. Like i think i like the way he sang it better than bon jovi lol. It was really surprising actually (ignoring the english pronounciation). 

Spoiler

I really love ZZ's voice when he sings high notes, although i do notice when he goes a little flat, but usually its not the high notes he is flat on (i think "fun" was really hard for him to sing live). And for live performances i will often listen to other singers as well so i can get a sense of how everyone sounds from the equipment, microphone pick up etc. (beware! Sometimes if you listen to the official broadcast, he might sound flat at times, like when he sang leave me alone, but if you listen to the fan cams he isn't flat). At least in the last award ceremony where he sang leave me alone, he sounded really good. Like there were older and more popular singers more known for their singing that didn't sound as steady and true to recording as him (which was kind of surprising.. but everyone has days where they are more off or had less warm up i guess..). And i think you will notice that he actually sounds better on fancams than from live streams or recordings from the official broadcast. So its likely that he sounds better live. I think this might be true for JY as well, although to a lesser extent? It just cannot pick up all the sounds sufficiently, there's some kind of muffling that occurs when it gets picked up by the mic and processed. Its probably worse for live streams because they also block out noise from the audience and that probably cancels out some of the lower tones. 

JY has always had a voice that chinese ppl kind of like, i think its a little bit like faye wong, not because they actually sound alike, but because you kind of listen for the quality/uniqueness of the sound rather than the volume (not sure about JY's range right now). They can sing at half their power and still sound good although i don't think faye wong sounds the way she used to anymore. JY just has to practice i think (especially his high notes).. Cause i don't think he is as good with the pitches and the keys, but this is typical for a lot of singers, so not anything surprising. Initially i'm sure that the companies picked up on JY's talent right away.. I think you could kind of tell that the entertainment industry made their choice between JY and ZZ in the beginning and they basically picked JY.

JY was able to do more mainstream shows and stuff partly because of that. But it wasn't easy for JY in the beginning either, he did show his support for his role in addicted and didn't just deny everything so i think he may have lost some opportunities from that as well. If you look at some outlets they would probably suggest that JY has a more natural talent for acting than ZZ too, but this really varies depending on the person. Like everyone said during interviews JY didn't have a background in acting but he was able to pick things up very fast. He can act very naturally, but for him i think he really has to get into the role in order to do it.. That's probably his biggest problem, which i'm sure he will be able to learn. I think it will be interesting when his movies come out..

I wonder a little bit about the vibrato for ZZ lol. Cause i don't remember learning how to sing vibrato? You just kind of imitate what you hear.. I'm just wondering if its the sort of thing that you kind of do or you don't. I'm not sure, i think we'd need to ask a professional or something lol. But i think that vibrato isn't always necessary, its more like a style of singing than anything. When i sing his songs with vibrato it sounds so western all of a sudden lol, although that could just be my accent.

• Like 5

I just updated this spoiler on another post but i think its worth posting here so ppl can see it. I swear i will stop posting today after this lol.

Spoiler

Apparently October 3rd is the day GH and BLY got married in the novel! Only 2 days away from the day of the fashion show and ZZ showing up in all white and on a bike........... For all the ppl that read the novel........... ZZ has already made the wedding happen on his end. X____X Did BLY wear all white in the novel too? Or is that just ZZ lol.

• Like 5

Hi All:  This popped up on my phone and I don't know if it's already been posted.  I don't know how to post things -- so I'm just submitting it as a "reply" - so sorry.

https://youtu.be/ByCHwiNjgoo

If this is already up, please pardon -- will do better :-)  Looks like a Givenchy highlights with Zhou Zhou commenting.  He looks and sounds great!

• Like 4

ZZ studio weibo update

ZZ looks so happy catching.....ducks :lol:

005SXUepgy1fk578isspxj31uo18gnpe.jpg

Happy Meow!!

005SXUepgy1fk579n1nksj31uo18gx6q.jpg 

Spoiler

005SXUepgy1fk5786bgvqj318g1tnhdv.jpg 

005SXUepgy1fk57a1dn7oj318g1uo1kz.jpg

005SXUepgy1fk57agion4j31uo18g7wj.jpg

005SXUepgy1fk57b96yv1j32p81st1l2.jpg

005SXUepgy1fk578txnsej318g1uob2a.jpg

005SXUepgy1fk57991jdpj318g1uou0y.jpg

005SXUepgy1fk577pkailj31uo18gkjm.jpg

Cr 胡燚爵

So many ladies haha

Next to ZZ in front is BAZAAR lady (she knows JY). Behind Zz is Fan Bingbing. On the left in front is Tao Liu - actress. I don't know the lady behind :) 

005BhIqOly1fk575jj5nsj31400mi7bl.jpg 

Spoiler

005BhIqOly1fk575j3brxj31400qowlr.jpg

• Like 7

JY today - its raining in Thailand

Cr Gyoza

DLMqUqkUEAA2VPu.jpg

DLMqUqnVYAA5zzk.jpg

DLMlXuSUEAA81oX.jpg

DLMlXuRVAAAphGr.jpg

DLMlXuYV4AAPVq0.jpg

DLMlXuWV4AEryXu.jpg

ZZ - Super ELLE interview

Translated by 北辰星拱008

In Budapest, I went to shop some rice to cook by self, but be difficult to find a store to sell rice, we found it in Chinatown. in Paris, I recommend "Golden Snail" restaurant , its snail is delicious, also serve quickly,it is uneasy to find a Paris restaurant serving quickly.

Spoiler

• Like 7

Pick me!!! :lol:

Cr 宇宙无敌村花酱

Spoiler

006uFhxGly1fk59y3zi2kg30f00qo7wi.gif 

006uFhxGly1fk59y0xbadg30f00qohdx.gif 

Like Whale like Meow :lol:

Cr gade_ka, 洲坑里的狮子 and 许Jerry的黄Tom

Spoiler

bf6ffe38ly1fk54svzeoej20ir0xc77z.jpg

bf6ffe38ly1fk54szwmvnj20is0xcwja.jpg 

Edit:

Cr 海因平行世界官博  

YZ saw this manip before. Not this drawing but the actual manip their face in these outfits. Countryside YZ :lol:

Spoiler

0067XMgEgy1fk5bfggvv0j30p40zkjtr.jpg 

@1blankstare yes, my friend translated them for me. Very bad cursing about JY that I don't think its allowed to post in soompi. These no brains and hearts crazy people are hopeless....  

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

@crystalclear18 you misunderstood my post. I already knew about ZZ's intentionally changing the lyrics, even during the Shanghai fanmeet of Shangyin. I'm talking about JY here, not ZZ. I'm alluding that he, JY, could have made a taolu moment here like ZZ. Or JY forgot the lyrics or his accent was coming out. But I'd like to think he didn't make a mistake, tho so it could only mean he did it with an intent like ZZ did. 

@bearology curious. Do you know what the other Chinese only ZZ fans are saying? Smh, these people don't have anything better to do.

Edit: Okay got the context. Really, these vapid and abysmal people, to attack other human beings. As if they're not human at all. 

• Like 8

ZZ weibo update

我的国庆“假期”是在巴黎认识新朋友~见见老朋友~唱唱歌~拍拍照
祝祖国生日快乐!  
祝大家中秋节快乐! 工作让我快乐!我继续去拍戏了

Translated by Ryokise

My national day "holiday" is meeting new friends in Paris~ meeting old friends~ sing songs~ take photos
Wishing my country happy birthday!
Wishing everyone a happy mid-autumn festival!
Working makes me happy! I'm gonna continue with the filming

6b202cedgy1fk5e6m44vpj21910u0kgc.jpg

Spoiler

6b202cedgy1fk5e63ddk0j21xg2w61l1.jpg

6b202cedgy1fk5e6dz0wvj21910u0x29.jpg

6b202cedgy1fk5e4357hkj218g1uoqv5.jpg

6b202cedgy1fk5e4axiuyj20zg1h6dwv.jpg

6b202cedgy1fk5e4lv5laj21uo18g4qq.jpg

6b202cedgy1fk5e4zi725j21uo18gkjm.jpg

6b202cedgy1fk5e3puchwj218g1uo1kz.jpg

6b202cedgy1fk5e5gfa68j21uo18g7wj.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@1blankstare tbh i am pretty sure it's just jy accidentally forgettin the lyrics and mixing it up with the earlier lines bc '伤口' was also sung in the first line '熬成缠绵的伤口' & anyways '醒著亲吻的伤口' translates to the injury of a waking kiss which doesnt make much sense?? :mellow:

@crystalclear18 I definitely believe zz can sing it's just that belting isn't his forte & yes i agree he always manage to nail 'dust' live and i like his 'walk slowly' performances as well 

i feel like it's weird for ppl to compare both of their singing last year bc at that point zz definitely is a better singer for me. zz was already pretty well trained back then while jy had rather little proper singing experience so he often sounded pitchy and off beat. im not sure about jy's range either but now he seems to have a bigger range than zz to me bc he transit to high notes quite smoothly & effortlessly

Acting wise jy did have alot more talent for someone with no prior experience & background but we all know guhai is very similar to jy's own personality whereas BLY is the opposite of zz's personality so i feel it's quite unfair to compare (btw can't wait for their new shows to come out i miss their acting so much)

old candy bc im very extra :/

Spoiler

speaking of 'it's my life' it reminded me of that old video of zz in middle school performing that song with his band in class and how everyone said it's fated bc the blackboard behind him had the words 'da hai ah da hai' on it (sorry i just had to bring in yuzhou whenever :rolleyes:

it's really been decided by the universe (yuzhou) hehe

btw in which song & scenario did zz purposely change the original lyrics to yuzhou?! (my newbie self must have missed it :ph34r:)

• Like 8