[Drama 2016] Yeah, That's How It Is 그래, 그런거야 | 对,就是那样 | SBS @8.45pm KST

-jade-

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sergel02, what about  Se Hee's situation are you lost about? As far as I understand it, the majority of her family is in the dark about Hyun Woo's son.  The only people who know about him is her parents, and now, So Hee.  Se Hee is an absolute gem, after finding out about JH, she forgave HW and decided to embrace JH.  Even her mother recognizes SH's beautiful, open heart, and has vowed to be more like her daughter and embrace JH, too. This is why I watch this drama, for their true to life characters and its depiction of the family hierarchy in Korea.  Very interesting, don't you think? The only obnoxious characters to me in this drama are Na Young's mother and Yuri, but they are both being tamed as the drama goes along! Thank Goodness, as we are nearing the end of it!!! :)

I love k family drama they always teach you good things like culture,respect and family. However I gotta admit that I dislike Yuri character the most because she lack common sense but at time she adorable.I love the youngest couple the most but why didn't they show Nayoung wedding  . I can't wait for ep 52 I wish joon back his wife up a little and he shouldn't put too much time in his business I kinda feel bad for his wife.

• 2 weeks later...

I started watching this am thoroughly surprised how much I am enjoying it. I dislike the over the top makjang from another weekend drama I recently dropped Happy Home and this has been a breath of fresh air. No mean mother in laws and in spite of the general silliness of Yu Ri I enjoy her comic moments. I loved it when she washed the saucer and dropped it in the sink and went "oh thank goodness it did not break" and See Hyun's mother had an incredulous look on her face. I know she was very annoying when she kept bothering the poor cousin but I can see she really loved him but her mother was the forcing her to do things. I know I might end up disliking her foolish behaviour but she is making me laugh.

I have loved Kim Hae Sook since "Life is Beautiful" and I see she is quite sullen here and I understand her life is quite hard actually but like in "Life is Beautiful" she gets along with her mum in law. I notice Nam Gyu-Ri is here too she was in "Life is Beautiful" too. I am just at episode 12 so not very far in and I find I am curious about their lives and I notice that See Hyun and Yu Ri have actually slept together which is not like most prime time Korean dramas. I am also very curious to find out if Ji Sun and Soo Hee finds someone too.

I also enjoy watching Hye Kyung's continuously "I cannot believe" this look at Yu Ri's mum . The grandmother is the step mother of the two older brothers and only See Hyun's father is her son but the two older brothers seem to care about her so much. Lots of love in the family really nice touch.

Does anyone know the theme at the end of the drama what is that music called . It's played on the the harmonica I think the instrument.

On 8/17/2016 at 1:28 PM, hyall said:

On 8/17/2016 at 1:28 PM, hyall said:

I have loved Kim Hae Sook since "Life is Beautiful" and I see she is quite sullen here and I understand her life is quite hard actually but like in "Life is Beautiful" she gets along with her mum in law. I notice Nam Gyu-Ri is here too she was in "Life is Beautiful" too.

"Life is Beautiful" is one of the top 3 of my favorite Korean dramas.  The other two are "Secret Love Affair" and "Surgeon Bong Dal Hee".  I Last posted on "Yes, That's All There Is" in April but I've been watching every weekend. I've developed a bit of immunity to the  flaws of some of the characters, (much as the family members have). However, it was a relief when the wife of second son, Kyung Ho,  finally came to life. She demanded a divorce,  kicked him out of the house and then berated his brothers for never intervening when Kyung Ho's abusive behavior toward her took place in front of them.

I am watching episode 27 and I loved how Yu Ri spoke to her mother and what she described living in the family was like. I think even though she is very childish but her expression and explanation of the family really brought home why she loved being part of it. Her mother was clueless. When she described living with her mother had something always empty in her heart. The wonder is that no matter how spoilt she was she was always very happy and gets over being upset very quickly and was willing to learn. I liked that about her and I think that the grandparents do love her.

I am also very fed up with See Hee's treatment of her husband. He was in  high school and while I agree he was wrong to hide it from her the way she is treating him is overboard. She should just leave him.

As for Kyung Ho he is pretty abusive verbally but his wife does manipulate him too. I like Soo Hee a lot she is really cute.

What a finale! At least with the subs I found out that Myung Ran really did divorce him, and I'm amazed that she allowed him to keep living in the apartment, considering her distaste of him. Wouldn't he still be yelling at her?

It was so sad when harabouji died, and halmoni lost her mind. She was such a strong, spirited woman.....to see her like that made me so, so sad. It was a wonderful drama, so sad to see it go. It was nice to share in their lives, see how normal they were! :))

What a weak end to this drama! I thought it was 60 episodes. I must have missed the announcement that it had been shortened to 54 episodes -- if there was an announcement!  It seemed liked the production company was told about the cut off in the middle of episode 54.  The first half of 54 was at the same leisurely pace but the last half looked like it was haphazardly put together.

I love this drama even though the ending was rushed. Watching this drama makes me think about my parents. We usually only think about ourselves and did not realise what our parents would feel or think. For example, when Hye Kyung suggested that Yu Ri lives with them for a year, almost everyone in the family thought that she suggested that so that the wedding will be off. The main reason is because she wants Yu Ri to get along with everyone since she will be a part of the family. Although she disliked her son's choice, she decided not to be the evil mother who is willing to broke off her son's relationship. My favourite couple in this drama is So Hee and Joon Woo. It is surely hard to find someone that you can talk everything with and comfortable with. 

This drama has ended. In my opinion, the loyal audiences of this drama must be wanting more than the ending we watched. But, that's how life is. Life must go on. Let's appreciate our family and loved ones while we can. :D

I'm upset because I have been robbed!  I've been robbed because this drama was supposed to be 60 eps long but it got cut short WHY!  So much story to tell and then a rushed 10minute or less ending but not just to the ep but the whole drama. :crazy::cry:.  Honestly though I will miss everyone of the characters and have decided the ending that I wanted in my head for the characters based on the writer trajectory had she been given the other 6eps to work with.  All in all, I LOVED THIS DRAMA and I'm sad to see its end.  Anyone ready for Our GapSoon?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived