Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

2 hours ago, EMM! said:

Read this interview with caution.
Miran's words are very biased and straight forward.
But it's not because of hate or for bashing, we should understand that Junghwan was her son for more than 7 months. Their mom-son relationship in the series are deeper than we can imagine. :)

But i love how she said to Junyeol that they should all move on and look forward to new projects. They had fun and reaaaally had a great time with R88, but it's not gonna be forever! Such a sunbae really.. I love Miran so much!

------

[TRANS] 160129 Ra Mi Ran’s Interview (with mentions of Ryu Jun Yeol)
To share, please go to: http://eyesonryu.tumblr.com/post/138327620510

(omitted parts not related to Ryu Jun Yeol / Kim Junghwan

Source: Sports Chosun
Translations by Eyes on RYU | eyesonryu.tumblr.com
Please do not translate to other languages or re-post without our permission.
Don’t forget to credit Eyes on RYU!
Thank you! 

Your on-screen son, was not chosen as Deoksun’s husband. As his on-screen Mother I think you must feel regretful.

> Sigh~ It really did hurt my heart. During the final stage (of the drama), why should he keep leaving to Sacheon. When I said to Junghwan “please drive safely”, I kept tearing up. I feel really sad when I look at Junghwan. He keeps his first love hidden for all throughout and it just ended. I wonder how would it be if the confession scene is treated like real confession. To be honest, Taek also isn’t really husband material, don’t you think, he only knows Baduk and also drinks medicine. Though I adore Bogumie, but Junghwan is my precious son, so I was more upset for him.

Did you give some advice to broken hearted Ryu Jun Yeol to comfort him?

> Even after the confession scene, we (actors) thought that there might be twist, so we didn’t lose hope, but Junghwan already folded his feelings earlier. “I think this is the end”, he said while being very upset.  So I told to Junghwan, “However, R88’s bubble will burst soon, so don’t fall too deep and come move on quickly.” In real life too, I told him this kind of advice, though it is hurtful and upsetting, he should think about his next project, so it’s important to move on fast.

How did you feel when you heard about Ryu Jun Yeol and Ahn Jaehong are chosen to be your sons?

> On my first meeting with the director he said to me, “You have two sons, but because they’re not handsome sons, just don’t expect too much.” So I jokingly replied to him, “if they’re not handsome and young actors, I won’t do this.” (laugh) But when I saw them for the first time I said, “they take after me”, that’s how much we look alike. It’s true that they’re not handsome but because they take after me, I can’t say anything. (laugh) Although they’re not handsome, yet the more you look at these two guys, they are very charming. When you fall for not-so-good-looking man, you have nothing to say. Many people has fallen for them and it might be hard to move on from them.

The most memorable scene?

> Every scene is memorable, but the most memorable one is the passport scene where Miran doesn’t know how to read the (English) alphabet spelling. That time all the feelings I couldn’t think of all came up to me. And also, on first episode, when Junghwan goes straight to his room without say anything to Mom, because I have a son in real life so I was really upset.

——– this part  is from another source, Sports Chosun omitted this on their article

Source: Ilgan Sports

The interviewer asked how Kim family story ended.

> All I know is that we moved to Pangyo. Kim Sunggyun character is known to have a good foresight. He sees ahead more than Dongil. We might be living grandly in Pangyo. The end story of Junghwan is what I regret the most. Jungbongie might have lived happily with Miok but I’m curious about Junghwan. If we moved to Pangyo with Deoksun’s family, maybe someday Miran gets to know about Junghwan’s feelings and I would like to ask this to Deoksun. “Why did you do that to my son, why did you refuse him.“

Gaahh @EMM! thanks for translating this bit right here! Even if you made me an emotional wreck in the afternoon at a public place right now! 

I wanted to cry out.. "eommaaaaaaaa~~~!!" and runs to her arms right now! 

The force of bond between the Kim family in the drama and in real life is so strong.. They truly have become the characters they are in the drama. If it was just 'work' they would have just commented "yeah it's a bummer.." but reading the interview made me realize they have really became one with their characters and everything that goes along with it. Ra Miran surely did not have to comfort JunYeol and hoped for a twist if emotionally she's not attached to her role as a mother and as Junghwan & Jung Bong's mother. 

See, its just so nice to have a sunbae with such strong character like Ra Miran, she'll be taking Ahn Jae Hong and Ryu Jun Yeol along her way, defend them all the way (even if its biased). Jun Yeol is really heading for a good start now.. His first TV drama is a hit, his character is loved by many (I can't even imagine the support for Junghwan being this scale), he's up to a more high profile project with Jo In Sung etc this summer. 

I just hope he doesn't get type casted as that 'tsundere' guy but takes more diverse roles.

• Like 18

3 hours ago, EMM! said:

But it's not because of hate or for bashing, we should understand that Junghwan was her son for more than 7 months. Their mom-son relationship in the series are deeper than we can imagine. :)

But i love how she said to Junyeol that they should all move on and look forward to new projects. They had fun and reaaaally had a great time with R88, but it's not gonna be forever! Such a sunbae really.. I love Miran so much!

------

(omitted parts not related to Ryu Jun Yeol / Kim Junghwan)

Source: Sports Chosun
Translations by Eyes on RYU | eyesonryu.tumblr.com
Please do not translate to other languages or re-post without our permission.
Don’t forget to credit Eyes on RYU!
Thank you! 

~~~

How did you feel when you heard about Ryu Jun Yeol and Ahn Jaehong are chosen to be your sons?

> On my first meeting with the director he said to me, “You have two sons, but because they’re not handsome sons, just don’t expect too much.” So I jokingly replied to him, “if they’re not handsome and young actors, I won’t do this.” (laugh) But when I saw them for the first time I said, “they take after me”, that’s how much we look alike. It’s true that they’re not handsome but because they take after me, I can’t say anything. (laugh) Although they’re not handsome, yet the more you look at these two guys, they are very charming. When you fall for not-so-good-looking man, you have nothing to say. Many people has fallen for them and it might be hard to move on from them.

Miran omma :heart::heart::heart:

I think it's the same for every actor/actress. They have every right to say their opinion based on what they experience. And it's not intended to bash or hate any character (or worse, any area life actor). Who loves Kim brothers more than Miran omma? 

EMM, I sincerely wish the people in Eyes on Ryu team will meet RJY FOR REAL :D:D:D Not just meeting for a handshake or some quick pictures, but having a conversation with him (plus you get to take tons of pictures).You totally deserve it! on the cheesiest tone, I think fanbased translators are like guardian angels. You are doing exactly what he always says, "share to love". Mhihihi, excuse my cheesiness...

• Like 13

“Why did you do that to my son, why did you refuse him.“

Yes momma bear we all want to know this LOL. I enjoyed reading RMR's interview, it's kind of a bittersweet feeling to know that much of the cast thought he would be the husband too and were kind of surprised/disheartened that he was not. I love the close relationship she seems to have with RJY. I'm sure being int he same agency helped them to get closer and it's nice to see/read the support that they have for one another. Now I really can't wait to watch Taxi Tuesday and see our RJY interacting with LDH and the moms. Man he's so loved in Korea right now. I hope this means we get more interviews, pictorials, and hopefully more variety. I would kill to see him on 'Happy Together' (even though I'm still upset they changed the format and made it such a sausage fest) or Running Man. 

• Like 24

Annyeong everyone!! 

As always, I'm on lurking spree on many korean news outlet to find news about Oppa, luckily, I found two articles:

This one I think is about his upcoming Fan meeting: http://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_201601301440085683

And another one, I think this one is about him joining good agency like CJes : http://www.dailian.co.kr/news/view/551746/?sc=naverhttp://www.dailian.co.kr/news/view/551746/?sc=naver

I hope our amazing translators could trans this for us ^_^! That would be all for now, I will continue finding new stuff and post in here, ppyong!

6 hours ago, EMM! said:

------

Thanks Emm! Thank you for always sharing great stuff about oppa! We appreciate all your hard work :heart:

• Like 13

5 hours ago, iloveenglishsubs said:

Miran omma :heart::heart::heart:

I think it's the same for every actor/actress. They have every right to say their opinion based on what they experience. And it's not intended to bash or hate any character (or worse, any area life actor). Who loves Kim brothers more than Miran omma? 

EMM, I sincerely wish the people in Eyes on Ryu team will meet RJY FOR REAL :D:D:D Not just meeting for a handshake or some quick pictures, but having a conversation with him (plus you get to take tons of pictures).You totally deserve it! on the cheesiest tone, I think fanbased translators are like guardian angels. You are doing exactly what he always says, "share to love". Mhihihi, excuse my cheesiness...

Hahahaha! Well.. that's a crazy idea! XDDDDD

We wish nothing more than just making people happy and making more people understand and love Junyeol in every update <3
To be acknowledged is something we really don't give concern about.. we just do what we do because we love him and that's really all XD

We are pretty easy to please.. even tweets like "thanks eor" make our day really hahahaah we sometimes talk late at night talking about your comments and the feeling of bliss? appreciation? content? just comes to us.. Nothing really can top that feeling.. 

Hmm as being your guardian angels.. that's a bit too much? Maybe.. fairy god mothers? HAHAHAAHAHAHA

Also, I'm just half of EoR hahaha my other half is lurking here in soompi too.. she's the one doing all these lovely translations <3
(YES THIS IS A LOVE SHOUT-OUT TO YOU UNNIE HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA)

I feel sorry for her at times, because I can only do so much.. I feel bad having to link her to another article, another video, another update for translations hahahaha! If only I can do more... T_________T /tears

So yeah! I hope everyone be more patient with us.. we get tons of asks and tweets regarding subs.. and it's saddens me that we have to ignore it because we really have so much in our schedule XDDDD We're only two guys.. XD

But fret not! All of your requests are somewhere in our schedule! We didn't think he'll be this busy after Reply 1988 (we actually thought he'll take a vacation and just spend all his money in India hahahahaa) but yeah XDDD

We'll do our best, slowly and in our own pace, to give all the goodies you need in order to be deeper and deeper in love with our Junyeolie! n_n

• Like 19

2 hours ago, littledonita said:

Oh man, I've just finished watching Socialphobia. That's one good movie!

RJY is so adorkable I wanna reach inside the screen and pinch those cheeks :blush:

i also watched socialphobia today! yeah it's a good movie!

Yangge totally different with junghwan! always giggles when yangge show up kkkkk~

Can't wait to see RJY acting in No Tomorrow & Glory Day!

• Like 9

Guest wizengamot

I'm just watching Socialphobia now on dramanice. Thanks for the subs *bows*

I can;t believe Yangge and JH is one hahahahaha!!!

Whatever quietness JH had was definitely thrown away by Yangge. Even RJY having a bubbly character is loveable. I thought that it's because of his tsundere role but nope, he can have different character and we will love him all the same :)