Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

I'm so stressed.. I can't post here for about 5 days now T___T but heeey I'm back <3

So Junyeol updates- CJeS confirms Taxi Driver (working title) <3 He'll be a university student in Gwangju :D It'll revolve around the Gwangju Uprising in the 80s and korean movie like <May 18> would be a good backgrounder of what you want to expect from their plot :D

Lucky Romance - WOWWWWW no one saw it coming really.. the specs are real. We're gonna die from Je Suho's geniusness and snarkiness i guess <3

Glory Day - wooooooow I watched it and I have no words.. he evolves in every character he had depicted since his first project o__o how can his characters be so varied and distinct?! yeokshi.. our Actor Ryu Jun Yeol. O_O I can't wait for everything he has to offer!

Happy May everyone! D-21 to Je Suho <3

Media preview

• Like 14

i dont know but he's already into the character of je suho during the photoshoot (where the 4 of them above)..the way he loosened up the glasses and the way he look at the other way and still looked unhappy is the character of snarky suho lol

• Like 4

cQV3aUv.jpg

Youth Over Flowers Episode 7 subbed by ReplyF4 (Junesubs x Eyes On RYU)
Visit us at 
http://replyf4.blogspot.com ^^

Dailymotion: Part 1, Part 2
Full subbed video: Mega

--------

So hello! This is the final episode of Youth Over Flowers in Africa :)
Thank you so much for your support (and patience) :D
Hope our lovely boys continue to soar high and touch lives through their work.
We hope watching their youthful trip changed you for the better, just like how Africa taught them a lot of things.:D
Thank you for your support! See you around! ^^

Until the next,
ReplyF4

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, EMM! said:

Youth Over Flowers Episode 7 subbed by ReplyF4 (Junesubs x Eyes On RYU)
Visit us at 
http://replyf4.blogspot.com ^^

Dailymotion: Part 1, Part 2
Full subbed video: Mega

--------

So hello! This is the final episode of Youth Over Flowers in Africa :)
Thank you so much for your support (and patience) :D
Hope our lovely boys continue to soar high and touch lives through their work.
We hope watching their youthful trip changed you for the better, just like how Africa taught them a lot of things.:D
Thank you for your support! See you around! ^^

Until the next,
ReplyF4

Thank you so much for your hard work ReplyF4 Team :blush:  !!! God bless you for sharing this love!!

• Like 4

This is a tiny bit of witness testimonial about what happened in Gwangju Uprising. Long post ahead!

May 18, 1980: An eyewitness account of the Gwangju Massacre

May 19, 2015
A paratrooper clubs a man arrested during anti-government demonstrations in Gwangju on 20 May 1980.
SHARES

It was May of 1980, and Na Byung-un didn’t realize that he was about to become a part of history. Working at a Billiards hall in Gwangju, and attending nighttime classes to prepare for a university entrance exam, he’d become acutely aware of the creeping increase in government control over the past several years.

At that time, “the dictatorship was the worst,” he remembers with a forlorn look in his eyes. Na was a survivor of one of the most brutal incidents in modern South Korean history: The Gwangju Democratic Uprising, also known as the Gwangju Massacre.

C0A8CA3C000001226ED7EC30000B448_P2Strolling along the glittering streets of almost any major city center, it is easy to forget that in a not-so-distant past, South Korea was a desperately poor country under a dictatorial military regime.

Before the gleaming rows of cafes serving up 6,000 won ($5.5) fancy lattes, fields of rice stretched as far as the eye could see; before flashy K-Pop concerts, there were military juntas and martial law.

In those days, South Korea’s GDP per capita was just under $4,000 per person, or less than one-sixth than that of the United States, according to World Bank data. As a country with few natural resources recovered from Japanese colonization, it struggled to find its footing politically, economically, and socially.

This was especially true in Gwangju, a city nestled in the one of the poorest regions of South Korea, agricultural South Jeolla Province.

Na Byung-un

Na Byung-un

“People were very, very poor, and they led miserable lives.” Na recalls. “They didn’t even have one dollar.”

In addition to poverty, a thick fog of fear had descended upon the peninsula. In a country where speaking out against the government could land you in prison, few people dared disturb the peace.

According to Na, there was a rumor that those who criticized the government would be kidnapped and murdered in secret. For many, freedom was the only thing they had left, a precious commodity not to be risked without very good reason.

In October of 1979, dictator Park Chung-hee was assassinated, and the Korean people harbored a faint glimmer of hope that it would signify a new era of democracy. However, that hope was short-lived, as a military coup, led by Chun Doo-hwan, seized control.

One of the priorities of this new regime was to stamp out any emerging signs of dissidence, and keep Korea clenched tightly in the military’s iron grip.

Na recounts, “People had been uprising and protesting against dictatorship continuously under Park Chung-hee and Chun Doo-hwan. They put innocent people into prison and oppressed the masses by force of arms. So people all rose up. It was the uprising of the public.”

On May 18, 1980, martial law was expanded throughout South Korea. Universities were shut down and political speech banned. Protests began breaking out around the country.

Approximately 50 students, who were blocked from entering the Chonnam National University campus, began protesting. In response, paratroopers were dispatched, and began violently beating the student protesters.

img_37177_1382901_2-e1432016204175.jpg?r

Some protesters responded by wielding sticks and throwing rocks to defend themselves from the excessive force. The military shot back by assaulting men, women, and children, regardless of age, whether they were protesting or not.

Over the next few days, the protests grew exponentially. Taxi drivers formed a brigade and drove to the Provincial Office, where they blocked the military from assaulting citizens, and transported injured people to hospitals.

Some drivers were pulled from their cars and beaten or killed.

“All Gwangju citizens were involved in the protests, because all of us were together as one. Everyone thought we had to stand against injustice,” says Na. “Even the police were on our side. They changed into normal clothes at night and joined us.”

The government’s response grew even more violent and oppressive. Transportation and communication in and out of Gwangju were cut off, effectively isolating the city from the rest of the country.

The government labeled Gwangju residents as Communists and North Korea sympathizers, and referred to the pro-democracy marches as riots. Citizens were trapped inside the city, and military blockades prevented civilians from getting in or out.

Residents of other regions of South Korea had no idea what was going on in Gwangju. On May 21, protesters took over the Provincial Office, and the military opened fire on civilians.

PYH2010010105960001300_P2

Na himself was attacked by airborne troops while he was working on the second floor of the billiards hall. He was bashed repeatedly with a baton, and dragged to the ground floor, where soldiers tried to load him into a military truck.

However, while the troops were trying to force him inside, some students began angrily throwing stones at them. Distracted, they began chasing the students. At that moment, Na recalls, “Some people appeared and helped to pass me over a wall, where the troops couldn’t see me. Some women protected me. That is why I am now alive.”

The protests continued daily in Gwangju, and spread to surrounding cities, including Mokpo, Naju, Hwasun, and Haenam until May 27. In the early morning on that date, the military violently stormed the city, using tanks and helicopters to reclaim the Provincial Office.

170836237According to the May 18 Memorial Foundation, during those ten days 154 people were killed, 74 went missing, and 4,141, including Na, were injured. Other sources, however, place the numbers even higher, and according to the UNESCO Memory of the World Register, 102 more people died later from their injuries.

Life never went back to normal for Na. He returned to his hometown of Naju, where he lived with his family and focused on his recovery. He quit school, instead deciding that he would make money to support his family. However, he knows that his involvement in this movement was not in vain.

“Because of Gwangju’s May 18 democratization movement, Korea became more democratic. It served as a momentum to bring justice to all in the world,” he noted.

Na believes that the government’s response to these protests was intended to spark feelings of regionalism, since a divided populace would be easier to control. He shares some final advice with us. “Regionalism,” he says, “is the center of corruption.”

He explained that regionalism must never happen in any country, because it makes life hard for everyone.

“The nation should watch the government, and the government should care for the nation. When the government does something wrong, people should criticize them,” Na points out.

Special thanks to Na Deok-myeong and Kim Nam-yi for their translations.

http://www.koreaobserver.com/may-18th-1980-an-eyewitness-account-of-gwangju-massacre-28666/

Spoiler

• Like 8

It's so sad just reading from one survivor. But every country especially the Democratic once experience the same thing. It needs a lot of hero to created a democracy. And As reference I want to watch movie May 18 to see another POV of this history .

• Like 3

https://twitter.com/EyesOnRYU/status/728180363034419200/video/1

Get to know the cast and the characters of Lucky Romance <3
And of course... see Junyeolie in specs O--<--<

WATCH THE VIDEO HERE: http://dailymotion.com/eyesonryu

dEHtOEy.jpg

-----------

15 hours ago, vyvy730 said:

[♡] Eyes On RYU International messagebook for #RyuJunYeol #류준열
우리도 당신께 위안이되어 주고싶습니다 (Let us also be your comfort) <3 

I'm wondering if my message is in the book or not LOL :w00t:

cre: EOR

I personally layout your message to Junyeol, Vy! Don't worry it's there hahahahaah!<3

• Like 13

On 5/4/2016 at 3:46 PM, vyvy730 said:

[♡] Eyes On RYU International messagebook for #RyuJunYeol #류준열
우리도 당신께 위안이되어 주고싶습니다 (Let us also be your comfort) <3 

I'm wondering if my message is in the book or not LOL :w00t:

cre: EOR

Me too. Here's hoping he does some live FB vid or something in ref to it! 

Also bring on hot nerd Yeolie...I am emotionally and physically ready for it. LOL :wub:

Can May 25th get here already?!:D

• Like 6

@EMM! Daebak! Thank you chingu ah~! ;) 

@tenilove97 I completely forgot what I've written haha. And yes it would make my day if he makes a reaction video of that message book :) Dang! Now I realize how much I miss my boo :sweatingbullets:

tumblr_o0pw3wAkk11uic76wo6_r1_400.gif

Just few more weeks and I can see his smile *like this* in his first "male-lead" drama...Enough with being a cameo.... 

• Like 5