[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

I'm usually a silent reader than active commenter but the whole drama twist in general, the real husband revealing in specific, makes me want to write something. Yes writer-nim shows us too much JH's POV and too little Taek's POV ( not mentioning TK-DS's moments, chemistry barely exist ) which misleading us to believe JH is the husband. But tbh I somehow kind of prefer this ending ( if the writer gives JH a perfect-for-him wife in today ep )

Let me explain. Since the beginning I'm in love with JH, about DS...meh...not so much feeling, but JH loves DS and I want him to be happy so I support JH-DS cp (just supporter not shipper, the only cp I ship in 1988 is Sunbora). After the ep showing DS starts liking JH bc he's into her (just the way she liked SW after her frds told her so), I get annoyed. I really really really hate that script detail, JH's love is pure, unconditional and f**king deep, he's also a caring, understanding, and protective true man; he deserves a girl who truly loves him, who can "read" his sofl warming heart to comfort him to be by his side,...to be his harbor !!!!!!! So in my mind " writer-nim, unless you makes DS that type of girl, don't make him the husband. There's no way this DS deserves JH." Then the timing quotes and confession in ep 18 makes my heart bled, but at the same time satisfied. He confessed not to get the girl, he confessed just to say it ( like finally literally say it, not keep it inside anymore ) to face his true feeling in order to let go and move on.  I love that the writer didn't make my beloved JH's life a misery. He accepted his fault, cried then stood up right after, he knows how to control his life. 

"Let today be the day you learn the grace of letting go and the power of moving on" "When you finally let go of the past something better comes along". Writer-nim gives JH the girl he deserves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

===================================

So sr you guys for my untidy, babble-like comment. I'm too emotional right now =))))))

• Like 13

All I want for JH now is for him to have a happy ending. Who cares about who DS ends up with, as long as we get a proper ending or JH, then I wont complain. Maybe if they give a proper explanation of how he got over his love for DS, then I'll be satisfied. Oh, and I really do hope they explain about the pink shirt. What happened to that pink shirt? JH brought it with him to 사천 and then what? Did he just throw it away? I just dont get why they put a strong emphasis on showing the pink shirt and in the end they just forget about it. 
Writer-nim, please, I beg you, please dont make such a well writen character get a shitty ending. PLEASE. Ok thats all

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I NEED THE LAST EPISODE SO I CAN FULLY LET GO....IT ISN'T FAR...I CAN'T.....I CAN'T STOP CRYING....OH GOD WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALL...SHE'LL NEVER KNOW AND NEITHER WILL HE WHAT ONE TRULY FELT FOR THE OTHER......I AM DYING....I CAN'T.....I DON'T WANT TO FEEL THIS ANYMORE....WAEEE BUT DID IT ALL REALLY MEAN NOTHING.....THE BUS...THE GLOVES..THE PINK SHIRT.....THE BEDROOM SCENE.....THE DON'T GO....WAS IT ALL FOR NOT.....NOOOOOOO.....WHY DID THEY GIVE US ALL OF THAT IF IT WAS FOR NOTHING.....OH DRAMA GODS IT HURTS........WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHWY WHWY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHWY WHWY WHY WHY WHWY WHY WHY WHWY WHY WHY WHY WHY THE ALLEY SCENE OH LORD MAKE IT STOP...

I feel your pain you know. We all do. We're all struggling to come to terms with this because it feels like a real tragedy. It's just that the writer pulled one on us by suddenly throwing all development of episodes 1-16 up in the air and writing a new drama from ep 17 onwards. I'm pretty sure she did this for the shock value and that the designated husband was JH all along. The ratings were already through the roof so it wasn't like the drama would fail at this point. So she utilized that creative freedom to give us a highly illogical turning point. This ending feels false and valueless and the emotions are not registering at all. But here's the good thing. This drama still remains Kim Jung Hwan's story, a story about his failed first love and how it gave him the most valuable coming-of-age lesson in life. His character underwent the greatest development in the story and he has secured a place in the hearts of millions of viewers worldwide. He will never be forgotten. Right now in my books he trumps even Bidam in Queen Seon Deok. Isn't that better than being a forgettable husband who got the girl in the end but failed to evoke such strong sentiments?

I'm far away in south Asia but here's an internet hug for you. Things will only get better from here on. We'll see RJY in something else soon enough. :) Cheer up, girl.

• Like 10

Guys, just go and read dramabeans recap, I was so low after livestreaming yesterday but now I feel much better after recapping the whole episode in girlfriday's POV... there were lots of fun family moments even yesterday which actually pulled me deeper into this show... I love JH for being such a great son which is very rare in reality...

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I think they gonna kick me out the bar i keep crying and yelling an it's just...why....i can't i  was so hyped and i kept the hope since ep 10...I FEEL SO CHEATED...THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ALCHOHOL IN THE WORLD TO MAKE UP FOR THESE FEELS....

Honey ....I'm sending you hugs and more hugs... , Just empty your head, don't think at all.
Try to accept it the way it is. No reason needed, because sometimes things happened beyond reasons. We just have to accepted it. :(

• Like 7

If that was what they intended to do, then they should have given the confession scene at least in episode 16 and given more time for TK-DS to have more development in their love story.  And given Uri Jung Hwan, the selfless man another girl who deserves him.

For me, it's like Han Kang (49 days) all over again, not getting a well deserved happy ending. 

• Like 12

IT'S REALLY KILLING ME THAT WE DID'T GET ONE richard simmons KISS!!! NOT A richard simmons ONE! I ACCEPT EVERYTHING BUT NOT EVEN A richard simmons KISS!!! I HOPE THE WRITERS AND THE TEAM CHOKE ON THEIR richard simmons WATERS!!! NOT A richard simmons KISS.....EVERY SINGLE SECOND MALE OR MALE LEAD OF THIS FRANCHISE GETS A KISS BUT NOT US...ARE YOU richard simmons KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW...I JUST...CHILDBONG GOT TWO, TWO richard simmons KISSES AND HERE I SIT NOT ONE....RYU JOO YEOL'S GLOURIOU'S LIPS GONE TO WASTE....richard simmons THEM FOR REAL...

• Like 17

One thing I am thinking right now, (Oh, wait I am long time lurker, it's my first time to post my thought here since I am too heartbroken. Lol. Hi everyone ~) is that Deoksun is yet to find the love that she has never felt. I mean, she had always beem the second option. She wants to feel love, so she might have tricked herself that she loves Taek in a romantic way but the truth is she just want to feel loved. Remember when she kept on complaining about no one loves her? She gave up her "love" for Junghwan because of Junghwan's mildang. They might use this Taek-Deoksun dating to give Deoksun a realization of "I was only inlove with the idea of falling inlove, I was never inlove with Taek" it might sound delusional but, trust me. It happens in real life and in between friends, coz it happened in our group of friends. And everything seems still fine. Not everyone has their life figured out yet.

I am already an adult but still I haven't figured out my life and just go with the flow. Pathetic, but there are times, life is hard to figure out. And the easiest way to find life is to go with the flow, just like what Deoksun is doing.

But if Taek is the end game. I just can't understand it. It's like they stiched a blue fabric with the red one. It is just too weird and too loosely told

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, snowy21 said:

Are you ok? pls don't get yourself drunk over this drama.. not worth it.. you are making us worried for u, my dear!! 

@MrsSoJiSub

chingu, @snowy21 is right.

It s only a drama. Forget about  it log off from soompi and tell your friends to keep you busy so you ll not think about this.

Instead of focusing at the ending think what a great character this writer gave us.

I am proud for JH .He is the son I want to have .

see you all in few hours chingus

• Like 10

I THINK I HAVE FINALLY REACHED THE STAGE OF ANGER. I AM NOT ANGRY AT THE CHARACTERS OR ACOTRS. NOPE IT IS ALL ON THE WRITER...I ACCEPT WHAT IS BUT OH LORD HOW WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN HERE EARLIER AND HOW I WOULD BE SO MUCH MORE ACCEPTING AND NOT ONE richard simmons KISS, ARE YOU richard simmons ME...NOT A SINGLE richard simmons KISSS...MAY ALL HER WORKS AND PROJECTS FROM HER ON OUT FLOP HARDER THAN A FISH OUT OF WATER LOL MAY ALL THE KFAMDOM HATE FALL ON HER SHOULDERS...MAY THE RATINGS FOR THE LAST EPISODE TANK HANDER THAN ANYTHING ON TVN TANKED BEFORE...NOT ONE richard simmons KISS....

• Like 19

Irrational, sexist, angry words ahead by a 640 page lurker, who experienced her first drama-death today after ep 19.

A part of me died after today's episode, much like how Boromir died in Lord of the Rings (my death really starts at 1:17  part of this clip). The writer, Lee Woo Jung, appears first at the 1:17 mark and then you get a real good look at her by the 1:33 mark.

Back to my point: I know this is going to be a really F'd up/sexist thing to say, but I'm sorry not sorry - this is how irrational/irate Lee Woo Jung has made me today: as much as I wanted JH/DS to be the OTP, I now quite frankly don't even want JH to get TK's sloppy, used seconds (omg I said it - I am the devil incarnate - please lay down your arrows DS fans). So the 1% miracle I was hoping for, can kiss my irrational behind that actually ships a rational script.

If by the end of ep 20 DS doesn't give JH closure - a reciprocation to his sincerity - and all she ends up giving him in return to his confession was that pathetic/patronizing smile at the bar/restaurant, then BYE FELICIA.

I wasn't always this nasty, I swear.

• Like 19

So I'm back chingus...

As promised, I watched ep 19 as it is.. i did not tried to over analyze or over analyze the flow of the story. So, after the kiss scene, I think...oh richard simmons..this is it...this is really is it...this is what I've been afraid of since last night...the endgame is TK...I thought to my self..

So I say, Okay, now I'm ready..I'm ready to see the story based on TK' POV. i'm ready to see how he strugled for 6 yeArs to hold his feelings toward DS. i'm ready to see how and when his love started. i'm ready to see the cute, shy moments ( that feeling when your love is so near yet you always did not had the chance to show it. I'm ready to see the flashbacks based on TK's point of view. I'm even ready to see their dating scenes...........................but NOTHING

I don't know what to feel..I felt like a was betrayed big time...not because the story is saying that he is the husband...but I was soo pissed off because of the whole episode itself...It is just so off...so rushed anD definitelty was not able to convince an inch on me.

I came to reliazed, all the supposedly sCenes after the supposedly husband confirmation were not shown.

Chingus, it was JH who had shown those to us..IT WAS HIM...for the last 17 episodes...How he came to reliazed his feelings toward DK..his cute moments together with his crush that eventually turned into a blossoming love to his childhood friend. His sacrifies...his silent agonies, tears.....those chingus...THoSE...those are what I'm asking for last night's episode....but Nothing....that I almost want to flip the table.. ( take note...I'm at work right now), and I'm really ready to punch anyone on their face if they will ask what's happening with me....hayyyyyyyyys

So, i will end my long rant here....

I will still watch the Last epIsode....I know, there iS somethiNg between the lines that writernim want to show us...I know, tonight's episode will bring a BiG surprise to all of us....and I'm 100% sure of that...

i've said this before chingus....Be positive...

OUR SHIP IS SMOOTHLY SAILING ALL THIS TIME

#TEAM JUNGHWAN

• Like 10

now i hope junghwan really gave the pink shirt to jungbong, that way at least he deserve an ounch of this richard simmons. i hope we will see junghwan happiness in the next episode, with a new girl (god let her be someone very pretty, sexy, and famous) who is a million times better than deoksun. i wish they dedicated the last episode to junghwan's new love (let them have at least a kiss, just a kiss, jeaball) and the other family. i can't accept if the last episode is filled with DSxTK, i can't stand to see deoksun or taekie face anymore. gosh, i never hate drama character this much!

well, with Taek as endgame, no one would dare to understimate the next reply husband hunt anymore... if the writer can pull this kind of ending for deoksun, i won't be surprise if in the next installment we will have the heroine to marry a complete stranger she met by the last episode, and let the main guy suffered till the end (or die). it has been hours since last episode, and i'm still hella mad. i'm not even sad a bit, just anger and annoyance. 

i can't deny that the husband hunt was one of the most appealing charm of the reply series. but it resulting the show to drag the misery till the end. if it was a usual drama, they will had junghwan gave up 5 episodes ago,  met someone new or fall in love with another side character and have a love story he won. 

• Like 9

I got a little upset reading Taek shipper comments tbh. :sweatingbullets: So many things they say to why Junghwan definitely could not be the husband just makes me go crazy. I don't think I'll be able to go to sleep because of this episode. I keep seeing comments like Junghwan being the husband is too cliche, but if the story was mainly told in Taek's perspective and we got to see more into his mind and he still ended up with deoksun, would that not be cliche as well? I really wish I could stay neutral but I can't help it XD. I'm grasping on to that .0000000000001% of hope for no reason as of now but I still seem to be unable to wrap my head around this. Either way I still am excited to watch the last episode and I did enjoy the drama. 

I really am speechless. I have a lot I want to say about what is going on but I have no idea how to formulate my thoughts into a post that makes sense. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, rameennoodles said:

GUYS WE'LL NEVER GET TO SEE KIM SAJANG AND SUNG SAJANG BECOME IN LAWS 

THE MORE I THINK ABOUT THE STUFF WE'RE GOING TO MISS THE MORE UPSET I GET why can't this show end already and put a stop to my misery

oh no OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO READING THIS MADE MY HEART PLUMMET AGAIN

the excitement when JH's dad would find out they're together and they'd do their handshake and JH could smile and laugh at it openly and DS would laugh at look over at him and they'd just gaze at each other grinning stupidly with knowning eyes SERIOUSLY THIS RE-FREAKED ME OUT.

IT SHOULD BE JH AND DS WHO MEET IN FRONT OF THE GATE OF THEIR SHARED HOUSE - THE PLACE THEY MET FOR YEARS AND THEY SHOULD BE THE ONES CUDDLING NOT RANDOM richard simmons COUPLING TK-DS. THEY SHOULD RIDE A BUS TOGETHER EXCEPT THIS TIME DS GETS TO SNUGGLE INTO JH'S BODY FOR SUPPORT AND NOT CARE WHO'S WATCHING

THEY SHOULD PLAY FIGHT TICKLE AND IT SHOULD TURN INTO SOMETHING STEAMY

THEY SHOULD SMILE INTO EACH OTHERS EYES AND JUST HAVE  THEIR ADORABLE BICKERING THAT GOES STRAIGHT INTO FLIRTING

DS SHOULD WEAR HIS GRADUATION RING WHILE THEY CUDDLE AND JH IS WEARING HIS PINK SHIRT AND HIS HEAD RESTS ON HERS AND SHE LIES IN HIS ARMS SAFE AND CONTENT

THEY SHOULD WATCH THE STARS TOGETHER AND SMILE BECAUSE THEY DON'T NEED ANY WISHES BECAUSE THEY'RE TOGETHER

I don't know what to do with all the rage and anguish...

• Like 12

What upsets me is people are/were bashing JH's character. UM ok, like at least JH isn't a psycho who goes around grabbing girls arms and forcing them to like him. I AM SORRY TO SAY FOR ALL THE HATERS THAT THERE ARE GUYS THAT EXISTS LIKE HIM IN THE WORLD SO DEAL WITH IT. Jh's character is a good friend to the general population but it takes ONE SPECIAL GIRL to deserve that whole package of goodness.

He's a sentimental guy with feelings that he can't express. He learned from them, matured and moved on like A REAL MAN. Girl, I'm done. bye

55697903.jpg

• Like 9