[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Hello everyone, i decided to join this thread even though my english is bad

after time jump i can't imagine the husband is taek, not bcs i love junghwan but taek personality doesn't change at all. Husband personality literally screaming Junghwan.

And DS... What did you do writer-nim? She was likeable up until ep 18.. And now...

Edited by tiSung
  • Like 7

I will accept that DS has feelings for TK. It's a drama, anything can happen but as least do it sooner so we can see more progression of characters. Why are they completely milking the possibility of JH being the husband until the very end? Then boom, NOPE SORRY SUCKS, TRICKED YA. Like what? I should be studying guys but I am so heated and fired up for this right now, it's not even possible for me to concentrate. I wouldn't say I'm mad, I'm just like WT................................................................................

explain-yourself.jpg

• Like 17

GUYS I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING.

If uri Jun Yeol has a kissing scene on this drama, then it'd be his first kissing scene EVER. *dirty mind*

I just wanna see him kiss someone he loves and being loved by that someone as much as he loved Deok Sun. He deserves better than Deok Sun tho. I just hope he gets married in ep 20 and live happily ever after, even if Deok Sun is not the one he's gonna end up with.

#TEAMJUNGHWANWITHWHOEVERTHEGIRLIS.

• Like 7

This is the official tvN yt channel, right? Even they say "어남택 Hyeri's husband is Park Bogum" with the kiss video (below) so it seems official? I was shipping DS-JH before but DS-Taek is cool too.

Spoiler

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scout said:

This is the official tvN yt channel, right? Even they say "어남택 Hyeri's husband is Park Bogum" with the kiss video (below) so it seems official? I was shipping DS-JH before but DS-Taek is cool too.

Reveal hidden contents

Ikr. It's so frustratimg tbh. Even Hyeri herself said goodbye to JH. :(

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, balladblue said:

I am still trying to process this. Nothing makes sense yet. There are just so many loose threads. 

It's fine if LWJ wanted to try a different theme this time love story-wise, but to give no indication of that until the episode before the finale?? It's emotional whiplash and I just cannot come to terms with ep 19 yet. 

Yes, Deoksun seemed to have an interest in Taek. But richard simmons why did she not start something sooner with him yet?? With Junghwan and Sunwoo before him, she was shown to be proactive. If Deoksun has liked him since the time they first kissed in 1989, am I really to believe homegirl would wait five richard simmons years?? And still she wasn't the one who initiated, Taek did. Just.... what?????????? Deoksun, can you hear me? Was that really you in Episode 19??? 

Furthermore, WHAT ABOUT ALL THE TIMES SHE RECIPROCATED HIS INTEREST. Was that really just to show US how close he was??? Our boy didn't even know he had a chance (he thought them meeting early on the bus was an accident, but we know the truth). WHY richard simmons WRITE DS AS HAVING INTEREST IN HIM IF NOT ONLY TO TROLL US. I don't think the pain would be so bad if we hadn't seen Deoksun liking him back, but she did. The fact that he might never know is killing me. 

And all that RICH EMOTIONAL PAY OFF. All that potential!!!!!! So crushing, so overwhelming. The pain comes in waves and I haven't eaten all day and I legit feel like I'm experiencing a break up. I don't richard simmons care. I feel so cheated and betrayed by the trust I placed in the writer. If this is where you wanted the story to go, then please, you and I both know there was a better way to execute it without putting us and especially Junghwan through the emotional wringer since episode 10. ALL of this just to prolong the husband hunt??? 

I still enjoy your writing, Lee WooJung. Your families are the best, and your protagonists are the best (I still think Junghwan is the main lead, even if Deoksun does not choose him). But the writing in episode 19 just feels off and I cannot reconcile it with the rest of the show. 

I need to get all my feels out. I am still holding out hope. Call me delusional. Hope is what I live for, not disappointed hopes and the devastating defeat of unrealized first loves. 

*sigh*  I don't even think writernim tried something new. You see there's parallelism from the previous Reply. Again, we might be getting trolled like R94 but still it's so unforgivable. It's just that them got so worn out and no idea how to catch up with the pressure. Or if anything happened with the actors (sched conflicts and such) within the ny break that leave the show no choice to come up with what they have as it is now. My mind can only justify this mess like that.

• Like 4

Ok i have to ask here also coz i already did on tvn reply acc on twitter and evrywhere else. Why the richard simmons did they reveal who is husband one ep before finale???? They never richard simmons did that before! Not in 97 not in 94 but in 88!  WTF

the-kraken_medium.gif

• Like 7

I will 101% accept the results if its DongRyong. 

C'mon PD-nim you make DS like SW,JH and TK and left DR all alone

PD-nim you are being too harsh to DR and JH in this series

Applaud Shi-won and Na-jung for fighting for the one they really like.

They are being obvious in this series that they like Park bo gum

C'mon let make Duk-Ryeong loveline :wub: it wouldn't matter anymore since they already make DS like 3 of her friends.

• Like 11

I feel like crap but I am still on #Team1% 

And even if that doesn't work I am forever on Jung Hwan's team. Because he was the better choice. Because him and DS could have had an epic love story. Because he loved DS more than anything else in this world. Because Jung Hwan is a sacrificer, a man who believes in everyone else being happy even if it brings him immense pain. I am not expecting any major Jung Hwan tomorrow but for me his character is one that I will treasure for years. 

Even if he did not get DS, he gained a place in all of our hearts and Korea's hearts as the man who should have been DS' husband. 

I feel like screaming and crying and want to lie down and sleep for a month but I won't. Instead, I will treasure the +600 pages of love on this thread, all of you chingus, and the gem I found in RJY and Jung Hwan.

Jung Hwan deserved so much more than what he got. JH-DS deserved so much more than what they got. 

I don't know if I will watch Reply ever again but for me, Episodes 1-14 of Reply 1988 will remain a sweet memory and this ship is one I will cherish for a long time. 

Let us all wait and see what happens tomorrow chingus but remember, even if he isn't the husband, Jung Hwan is the most incredible character in the series. 

Love you all <3

• Like 14