[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

I read tons of comments in dramabeans and youtube saying Junghwan is being a jerk for making the confession as a joke. smh. can't they see how he smirked when DS kept looking at the door every time someone came in?? JH thought DS is already in love with someone else, which is Taek, and in that scene he decided to end his first love and giving up the girl. are people actually expect him to end his first love without saying anything to the girl? that would be even more crazy and frustrating!!

also, JH would be a jerk if he ended that confession without the "is this enough" line. because in his mind, he thought DS is in love with Taek, and he also know Taek is in love with her. why would he confessed and say it was for real?! of course he thought he will ruin others' relationship by confessing for real. that's why he finished it with "is this enough?", he didn't say it was a joke but he wanted the friends to see that confession as a joke and let it pass, he wanted to end his first love silently on his own.

I'm sorry. idk where to rant about this except this thread. JH doesn't deserve to be called a jerk after all the things he has done. 

3 hours ago, Adwina Oltariani said:

This is a long shot.. but do you think DR and SW are laughing it off just to ease the awkwardness? I mean.. how can they NOT feel JH's sincerity in that confession?

And I very much love how awkward these fools afterwards. Ha! Their story is far from over!

CYaLUTGUwAA6GxH.png

CYaLUddUoAEcDwx.png

CYaLUAPUEAAAkCA.png

Adwina, I thought the same! It seemed to me that SW definitely caught on to the fact that JH was being sincere so that's why he shushed DR. Like you said, I think they laughed it off as a joke to ease the awkwardness and tension but I can totally see SW and DR alone after and being like "What the ....I  think that bastard (JH)was totally serious! Omo"

Can't wait for DS' pov! I think we will see all of DS reactions in flashbacks to confirm she likes JH too.  

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, Kelly86 said:

First, he breaks our hearts in a fictional drama and now he got HURT lol before I saw the part about him being ok MY HEART dropped and I said to myself I QUIT this life lol. My own life is fine, I am happy. My reply 88 life is a mess and depressing omg :vicx: putting it into words suck! 

At least I know now.....if I want a peaceful life don't watch the next reply series NO MATTER what so what if I miss out on a good drama its still better then all the trauma and tension NOW ahha! 

Don't worry guys, since a long time ago my GUT has been telling me its JH but there is just that 1% shred of FEAR of a lame plot twist.

You know, I told myself I wouldn't watch before the series ended but then I read the recaps for ep 1 and then there was no going back...if you find out how to stop yourself do let me know too :bawling:

• Like 7

In ep2, DS talked to the boys when she was going to school wearing BR's jacket.

I realize she talked about different things to JH, SW and Taek.

She asked JH how does she look.

She asked SW what does he think of her jacket.

She did not talk about her appearance/clothes when she was talking to Taek.

We know the 'jacket' part is also to bring out the Sunbora love line but she could have asked how does she look and he can specifically point out her jacket. Also, the contrast between asking JH & SW questions related to how she look while talking about different things to Taek. I think she asked JH and SW about her appearance because she was 'crushing' on SW and she is also in love with JH. 

• Like 16

20 minutes ago, janeadelaine said:

I read tons of comments in dramabeans and youtube saying Junghwan is being a jerk for making the confession as a joke. smh. can't they see how he smirked when DS kept looking at the door every time someone came in?? JH thought DS is already in love with someone else, which is Taek, and in that scene he decided to end his first love and giving up the girl. are people actually expect him to end his first love without saying anything to the girl? that would be even more crazy and frustrating!!

also, JH would be a jerk if he ended that confession without the "is this enough" line. because in his mind, he thought DS is in love with Taek, and he also know Taek is in love with her. why would he confessed and say it was for real?! of course he thought he will ruin others' relationship by confessing for real. that's why he finished it with "is this enough?", he didn't say it was a joke but he wanted the friends to see that confession as a joke and let it pass, he wanted to end his first love silently on his own.

I'm sorry. idk where to rant about this except this thread. JH doesn't deserve to be called a jerk after all the things he has done. 

That is the very reason , he had that breakdown in the car after seeing Taek and DS at the concert.... He must have thought / misconstrued the obvious of DS liking TK and hence she must have called him at the Concert....Similar to how in the past DS misconstrued the whole "pink shirt" incident when JB oppa wore it to his date with MK.

Btw, thank you for bringing this topic about ppl labeling JH as a "jerk " or even a "coward" at times. Yes ! I , myself neither like the manner in which the confession was made...but JH is certainly nothing but BRAVE to put his heart out even though he thinks he has lost everything through the faltering timings. And, I'm so tired of even reading sentences like " I wanted JH to be the husband , but TK is the hubby "....OR..." the hopes of JH being the husband are falling..." especially when I see them in THIS thread..... If these were posted on MT (general dais) I would not even bother as everyone has the right to voice their opinions..... But seriously, do not troll in here. If you have a constructive critique...then SURE write will all your might...but just do not go around in THIS thread condemning JH as a character or the fact how he has "lost the game"..... Coz' I do not know how long can I maintain my calm on this....

• Like 13

Honestly DR and SW are idiots if they haven't caught on yet. But I believe that JH is such an introverted and secretive guy I think it is not too far-fetched for them not to have any inkling of his feelings AT ALL.

Btw this might be off-topic but does it seem awfully unfair that JB-Man Ok and SW-BR break up in ep 17 and get back together in ep 18? I mean just a 1-ep separation after dating for many episodes. This is nothing compared to the pain, separation and angst they put our main couple through. :angry:

• Like 12

@mellayella Just my opinion but I think they seriously took it as a joke ofc only after JH said are you satisfied to DR before THAT yes they def. bought it....I saw a sigh of relief in both of them the min "they thought it was a joke". Not that they don't want that for JH but because they are also well aware of Taeks situation they just prob thought if this is real what do we do? No one wants to lose a good friend over that stuff just like Taek/Jh took it. But it has def open their eyes to the possibility of it being true. If they start observing their buddy well I think in no time they will start to suspect if it was real after all. 

@mojobobo ikr someone save us give us a solution! :tears: for 88 I'm already in too deep but for the next series I can avoid it till the end bc I'll remember how much pain I am in now so that fear will stop me from starting.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, fictionista said:

Honestly DR and SW are idiots if they haven't caught on yet. But I believe that JH is such an introverted and secretive guy I think it is not too far-fetched for them not to have any inkling of his feelings AT ALL.

Btw this might be off-topic but does it seem awfully unfair that JB-Man Ok and SW-BR break up in ep 17 and get back together in ep 18? I mean just a 1-ep separation after dating for many episodes. This is nothing compared to the pain, separation and angst they put our main couple through. :angry:

I put it down to JH doing things in such a low key when no one is seeing manner for DS that it is almost impossible to notice. It wouldn't occur to SW and DR naturally to notice his eyes since everyone knows JH and DS pretty much always bicker with each other. But I agree if they paid more attention, they would have started to suspect something. 

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, papulichan said:

And, I'm so tired of even reading sentences like " I wanted JH to be the husband , but TK is the hubby "....OR..." the hopes of JH being the husband are falling..." especially when I see them in THIS thread..... Even though I notice new shippers in the thread

As for me it irritates me this new trend of saying "I'm temjunghwan but TK is the husband".... really claiming to be teamjh. Why can't they just say TK is the husband without hiding behind and using teamjh. They are not real teamjh. Even though I notice new shippers in the thread they always show's doubt about being the husband but they never say TK is the husband they are just doubting JH being the husband.

• Like 18

Hello Chingus!

Like many of you, I can't wait for Friday to come!

I've been thinking a lot about Jung Hwan, about what took him so long to confess! I guess most of you think so too, other than Taek, JH may think it is not fair to make Deok Sun wait for him while he goes away for training. Similar to Bora who went away and parted with Sunwoo.  

I really want them to be together! I've gotten so invested in this, far more than expected. Let's continue to support them!

• Like 12

Right on #teamjunghwan has doubts but it does not mean we literally can't see JH has husband anymore that makes no sense were the ones so invested in him/his journey we see more then what meets the eye when it comes to JH. Taek fans can argue like wise but the fact that we doubt is bc were not the script writer and we cant determine the ending bc there can always be a twist, even if it's too late for a twist its the writers story so she can do it if she wanted. 

But #teamjunghwan is also strong, OUR faith will never disappear TILL the final moment.

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, debieg said:

As for me it irritates me this new trend of saying "I'm temjunghwan but TK is the husband".... really claiming to be teamjh. Why can't they just say TK is the husband without hiding behind and using teamjh. They are not real teamjh. Even though I notice new shipper in this thread, those real shippirs when coming here always show's doubt about being the husband but they never say TK is the husband they are just doubting about JH being the husband. 

EXACTLY !! Doubting  the prospects of JH being the husband is bound to happen at some point coz' of those gimmicky twists and turns.( at times even I , myself have doubted JH being the endgame...especially just a couple days ago)....BUT, consistently repeating the sentence "I am team JH but I know TK is the endgame" is getting quite obnoxious....especially when I see such post in this thread..... Btw, I have NEVER seen any post like " I want TK to be the hubby , but I know JH is the endgame"....NEVER read a post like that ANYWHERE !! and, that speaks volumes about the shippers in this thread !!

• Like 12

RJY's lips are pretty thick hehe so I can't wait to see his lips in action during the kissing scene with Hyeri omg I can already feel hot from imagining it HAHAHA FANS SELF