[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

2 hours ago, parkangel said:

Lol... Writer nim must so confused. 

I am very sorry, but I think she needs to know that the unimportant umbrella scene is also shown in the Reply 1988 official calendar, along with bus scene. While they just put 1 picture of DS TK.a>a>

I know right, Writer-nim must misplaced her script somewhere in ep.18...

Then again, I don't mind the shippings and posts to defend shippings on either sides. But her posts are just beyond stretching and reaching.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rameennoodles said:

totally agree with everything you said! i guess you could LWJ is technically the god of the drama as she has all the control of the characters and the story lol. like you said i've noticed there's a reoccurring motif of fate in all of the reply series', specifically when it comes to the main couple so i definitely share your feelings about fate again playing a role in this season. 

and aw thank you so much! it means a lot to me <3 

no worries! i'm so glad that i'm not the only one whose gone through something like this. at least it helped us understand the situation jh and ds are in right now a little bit better if that's any consolation lol. you're on point with this drama being too realistic i think that's why it hurts even more to watch jh and ds in pain bc it is a reality that any one of us could be experiencing/have experienced 

Yes yes yes!!! Which is why I understand Jh's pain and feel so sad for him because it really is not easy forgetting someone you liked for so long and it is not as if you could forget even if you wanted to or tried your hardest to do so. In the end even if JH doesn't end up with DS she will always be someone in his memories and will never be forgotten even if feelings have faded. So in a sense I want to live vicariously through JH and see him fulfil his love hahahahaha. Poor boy. I need a Junghwan too ;) 

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, naruto89 said:

been a silent lurker for a while now as well ...annyeong chingu deul 

so, i have a lot to say about this drama. first off all,  as someone who has been watching korean/chinese/taiwanese/japanese dramas for more than 10years ( + years of being a filmmaker myself ) i decided to put my input in:

#1) in the world of film, the main protagonist (which I argue is junghwan) must go through a progression of more and more obstacles in order for the final catharsis to be that much more impactful. 

and all i can say is that it is clear that the script writer is building up the story to a final climax that ends with the catharsis that will be our main leads finding each other despite cruel fate or better yet,  "timing" 

#2) unless the writer decides to abandon EVERY rule in film, EVERY RULE in writing.... then there is no way that our protagonist will not have a well deserved pay-off. 

Can't you see that Taek is actually the antagonist to our protagonist? and therefore, it makes no logical sense to give the antagonist a pay-off by the conclusion of this drama. Not to say that our antagonist is necessarily evil per se, but that his ultimate purpose is an obstacle to our protagonist. 

YES! you are so right, it's there. It's in the logic of the story. 

An antagonist doesn't have to be evil. Taek character is the obstacle of JH and DS love. An obstacle wrapped in nice and beautiful package. Who wouldn't love him. Every parents dream of a child like him, every women want a husband like him. Although he has his faults, TK is kind, famous, successful, handsome, rich, women adore him. In real life, we may easily fall in love with a guy like him. That's the reason he is the right obstacle to test JH and DS. And, that is also the reason we are so worried right now. Because we actually see, if we were DS, we could fall in love with TK too. 

However, since the beginning this has been JH and DS story. The foundation that they lay is to "push" JH and DS together.

• Like 22

I'm such a coward!! I could've just posted all the song translations in the MT, but I cringed every time I skimmed through some *ahem* posts. I'm one of those with low tolerance for BS (and standing firm on who's the husband is, because there's no question about it). Like Forrest and Jenny, JH and DS will come back to each other again (LOL at the feather). Which brings me to the song I've translated next by Byun Jin Sup, crooned over the dang traffic light scene. 

Here goes Byun Jin Sup's Come to Me Again.

Would you come back to me again?
You wandered away, not knowing that I love you.
Although we’re not in the same space in the beginning,
as winter's gone, you can just have to come to me in spring.

It was a long night, thinking about the time we separated
My heart has been pacing towards you,
Why did I hesitate so? 
(Gah, why Jung Hwan-ah!? 왜!!?)
Please don’t turn back and look,
even though we’ve had more days together than apart. 

You can come to me now, just as you are

P.S. I do wonder if SW Lee just put a list of sad songs together, and then starts writing to them? 

Edited by misshoggy
had a mistranslation for the last verse, make the song even more tragic.
  • Like 18

14 minutes ago, balladblue said:

@Vannyah M So I checked ep 13 and squinted reaaaally hard to find a feather, and this is what I found: 

15 minutes ago, balladblue said:

@Vannyah M So I checked ep 13 and squinted reaaaally hard to find a feather, and this is what I found: 

McazvFS.gif

*goat sound* Yeah... I don't know what I was expecting either.  But hey! There's the feather of fate. Kudos to the original person for catching it because I totally would have missed it if I wasn't intentionally looking for it.

*goat sound* Yeah... I don't know what I was expecting either.  But hey! There's the feather of fate. Kudos to the original person for catching it because I totally would have missed it if I wasn't intentionally looking for it.

For me its the color green (chair) and the yellow bus sign ^^

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, rameennoodles said:

totally agree with everything you said! i guess you could LWJ is technically the god of the drama as she has all the control of the characters and the story lol. like you said i've noticed there's a reoccurring motif of fate in all of the reply series', specifically when it comes to the main couple so i definitely share your feelings about fate again playing a role in this season. 

and aw thank you so much! it means a lot to me <3 

no worries! i'm so glad that i'm not the only one whose gone through something like this. at least it helped us understand the situation jh and ds are in right now a little bit better if that's any consolation lol. you're on point with this drama being too realistic i think that's why it hurts even more to watch jh and ds in pain bc it is a reality that any one of us could be experiencing/have experienced 

7 minutes ago, mojobobo said:

Yes yes yes!!! Which is why I understand Jh's pain and feel so sad for him because it really is not easy forgetting someone you liked for so long and it is not as if you could forget even if you wanted to or tried your hardest to do so. In the end even if JH doesn't end up with DS she will always be someone in his memories and will never be forgotten even if feelings have faded. So in a sense I want to live vicariously through JH and see him fulfil his love hahahahaha. Poor boy. I need a Junghwan too ;) 

tumblr_m834b76K5Z1r3vs6r.gif

OMG, I've been there before too, I stuck with the same guy for most part of my college years. Like JH, I tried and failed, but I didn't move on for years. :rolleyes: So I guess, as ridiculous as it seemed, Reply series always keeping things real.

• Like 9

I am freakin AMAZED! Whole gang is related to characters from Snoopy (JH). SW is Charlie Brown, DS Lucy, DR is Linus, JJ is Sally Brown.I just dont know who is TK. There are 3 more characters and i can relate 1 to TK but i`m not that sure. I cant believe how everything has a meaning and how deep writers went. :w00t:

"Snoopy's father is said to have lived in Florida, and he wears glasses and has a mustache. Snoopy's mother looks like a female version of Snoopy"

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, misshoggy said:

I'm such a coward!! I could've just posted all the song translations in the MT, but I cringed every time I skimmed through some *ahem* posts. I'm one of those with low tolerance for BS (and standing firm on who's the husband is, because there's no question about it). Like Forrest and Jenny, JH and DS will come back to each other again (LOL at the feather). Which brings me to the song I've translated next by Byun Jin Sup, crooned over the dang traffic light scene. 

Why did I hesitate so? 

You wandered, not knowing that I love you.

P.S. I do wonder if SW Lee just put a list of sad songs together, and then starts writing to them? 

I believe Lee Woo Jung would call them "inspiration" for How to Milk a Million Teardrops :D

1 minute ago, Vannyah M said:

I am freakin AMAZED! Whole gang is related to characters from Snoopy. SW is Charlie Brown, DS Lucy, DR is Linus, JJ is Sally Brown.I just dont know who is TK. There are 3 more characters and i can relate 1 to TK but i`m not that sure. I cant believe how everything has a meaning and how deep writers went. :w00t:

WOW thank you for pointing that out ahhahaa!! I was still wondering what the relevance was!

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, misshoggy said:

Why did I hesitate so? 

You wandered, not knowing that I love you.

Thank you. Sorry to cut your post.

This song is so lovely, someone please make an JH DS mv using this song.

• Like 4

fyuh.....i thought i will need to read another 10 pages again after woke up this morning...but only read 4-5 pages..hehe

1 hour ago, honeywell said:

JH in uniform!  WOW.  We need to see him in uniform again.  One episode is not enough.  The Kim's family welcoming him home was so lovely.  Did Papa Kim just wipe Jh's face with toilet paper?  I hope he wasn't using it.  

YES,,,we need more ofc, i episode isnt enough.. i need to see JH with uniform again..and another uniform when he is on his jet plane.. want for once seeing him on cockpit at his fighter jet plane... (OMG even song triplet, daehan minguk manse looks so good in that uniform..i hope i can see JH in that uniform though a bit doubt about it).

the welcoming was so lovely and how proud they are to their maknae member. LOL..i hope the toilet paper still clean too..hahahahaha .....kim jung hwan ssi....pilseung(salute).

@rameennoodles  wah...your story...thanks for sharing..i enjoy reading it.. Even i the real world what meant to be together will be together in the end though fate and timing isnt on our side for along time. They will find a way to be together for sure. and this is just a drama right?so for they will be together in the end though so many they must take a cruel and difficult way (its kind frustrating for viewers but so many drama did the same thing about fate and timing,..but in the end they will be together). Now its up to LWJ if she really meant to makes both of them being couple in the end she will makes a way for them in the middle of cruel way that she already wrote. (ofc they will...the writer wont wasted so many time to build up JH story from beginning just to dumped him in the end..such a waste of time). For sure everything JH did will be paid out in the end.

3 hours ago, Chizawa95 said:

[+1,164, -28] While watching this, I was so satisfied watching Yoojung sunbae do something in 3 episodes that Jungpal still hasn't been able to do in 18 episodes... totally made up for the frustration I felt all weekend ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+1,197, -24] Junghwan-ah... learn from this ㅜㅜ

Knetz so frustration with Reply i think.. even they are still mention Junghwan from the other drama article.. I think Knetz in Team Junghwan.. same like the way they support Trash in R94. When R94 ongoing.. from the beginning Knetz also mention that The Husband is Trash. I backread again all knetz comment.. so i hope writternim dont change her mind because knetz also mention Junghwan is the husband from earlier ep. 

the level of netizen frustration as big as international viewers..in other drama article they still bring out JH name..hahahahahahaha. JH dont need to learn from yoo jung sunbae..he already has jungbong hyung on his side that only need 3-4 episodes too to confess to MI ok...hehehe, if he get and advice from JB hyung and learn faster...he already being a couple with DS.. But the writer didnt want this way, i am just grateful JH still confess in ep 18..with beautifully..huhuhuhu (cant stop crying every time i re playing this scene..and it worse because im on my periode...aissshhhh)

ps:if DS and TK really dated after that concert...wah...this writer really makes DS like 3 of 4 of her friends??aigooo...isnt it too much?aigoo..molla...mollaaa...  will i get to see the preview today?at this hour last week i already got the preview..but now???i need previewwww...huhuhuhu

• Like 7

Urgh! Even though I live in US, I still update lots of things in Vietnamese on FB. So I went to the AM98's Vietnamese fan page to see if I could meet any JH-DS shipper just like us and what I saw was they have a major TK-DS shipper there and one of the "most-liked' comment hurts my eyes as richard simmons. 10_003.gif
This is what she said (I'm going to translate from Vietnamese), sr if I messed up the grammar. >.<
WARNING! 

Spoiler

1. In the last episode, writer-nim had explained everything about JH (second male lead): from how he used to love DS. At first, he was mad because the red lights slowed him down to be with DS at LSH's concert. Then, he realized it was all his fault from being hesitated and left DS. Obviously, writer-nim resolved the problem but team JH loves him so much and can't except the truth.  TK did nothing wrong, he loved DS and always fought for his love. JH loved DS when they were younger, so did TK. JH took a step back because of Tk, so did him. "I'm a man who loves her and you're my best buddy. I gave you A CHANCE and had to cry in the hotel but you didn't use that opportunity and let some random dudes dated with innocent DS. Ok! I'll be the one who will protect her.

2. At the beginning, while TK was drinking his milk, DS said she couldn't wait to get marry him when he all grew up. Just like NJ in AM94 said: "I have one oppa and my dream is to marry him".

3. If people said TK is just baby and needs DS's protection, we should look at how TK takes after his dad. A man can be a little bit doltish but it's even better if he's honest and love a woman. Morover, TK is not totally a baby, he protected DS from being by the ball, followed and protected her from the pervert.

4. Many things have unsolved and the kiss is an example. DS acted nonchalant to make TK thougth that was just a dream and not to make he felt embarrassed. However, that was real.  And PD didn't let viewers see how TK came to DS at the concert, he was breathing so hard because he RAN to DS and not drove like JH. 

5. The entire story about love is for TK and DS. They were meant to left behind at the beach, he gave DS his coat, they kissed..And Jung pal is just the one who stands outside the story from the beginning to the end .

6. DS loves TK and they may show their love to each other after the concert. 

Yes! my mom and my teachers always say that I need to respect the other's opinions, we all have different perspectives. But mian, I just can't....Her opinion made me laughed so hard, can't believe I had to read it TWICE. image.gif *poop*

f416ab873c3dccd7fe403907ae1d9219.384x216 

EDIT: I guess that is the 2nd place I really need to avoid beside the MT LMAO! 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, balladblue said:

Ha ha ha! Are you serious?? I find it hard to believe that it was intentional. Was that really a feather? Not a piece of trash or something? I am just amazed at how carefully fans are watching this drama. This reminds me of an article I was reading today. Off topic and please avoid if you haven't seen the Star Wars movie.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, phadungpon said:

Don't know if anyone post yet but i seen someone post on Twitter about the Husband is smoking 

What something they go to buy ? Maybe a Cigarettes 

And i think that why he said the sanbae is nice guy when SW ask him and JH answer he doesn;t smoke and when he see TK smoke in the rooftop of ep.17 he said (i'm not sure) TK bad guys maybe because JH is smoke too then he think the people who is smoke is the bad guys

i really want to see your image, but i can't but but but i want to see it chingu, can you post it again with another site? Please? Jeabal :(:(:(

3 hours ago, Vannyah M said:

Ok guys i have to share this maybe i`m just being crazy. But i really think that this is foreshadowing.look at those lyrics:wub: JH`s sooooooooo not done with DS . ( i already am sure that he is the husband but this is just to kill little bug that awakes in me once in a while)

Chingu i see it too, and until now i'm confused about DS cry, I know she cry because she disappointed her mother, when you see JH came and DS cry, he want approach DS but he saw TK call DS and then JH going home and then she with TK and TK sleep in her shoulder she cry too right? 

so in my delulu mind(kekeke) what if, DS cry and then see JH first (i remember she looking up and then she cry hiding her face) and then TK call her and sleep in her shoulder, after that she cry again(why? i think because JH doesn't approach her), and then we hear the JH house door close. *delulu mind*:phew:

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, nicegirl99 said:

[단독]'응팔', 덕선 결혼식 촬영中.."어남택 vs 어남류 철통보안"

Reply 1988 DS's Wedding in filming..."hubbyTK vs hubbyRyu  Fully Secured"

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=018&aid=0003448856

Wow...simple recap...nothing special in the content, juz saying they are shooting the wedding scene today which means the Husband is confirmed already, but the crew is very cautious about the security to avoid leaking out of spoiler.

Anyway, for me, it's always  어남류  어남류  어남류  어남류.

DAEBAK!!! This probably means they are filming Ep 20 already so hopefully they won't have to do a mad rush to finish up. And yes,어남류  어남류  어남류  어남류!!!

5 minutes ago, leekyuphii said:

fyuh.....i thought i will need to read another 10 pages again after woke up this morning...but only read 4-5 pages..hehe

YES,,,we need more ofc, i episode isnt enough.. i need to see JH with uniform again..and another uniform when he is on his jet plane.. want for once seeing him on cockpit at his fighter jet plane... (OMG even song triplet, daehan minguk manse looks so good in that uniform..i hope i can see JH in that uniform though a bit doubt about it).

the welcoming was so lovely and how proud they are to their maknae member. LOL..i hope the toilet paper still clean too..hahahahaha .....kim jung hwan ssi....pilseung(salute).

Hopefully at the wedding JH will be wearing his ceremonial uniform???? :w00t::w00t::w00t::wub::wub::wub:

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, Vannyah M said:

I am freakin AMAZED! Whole gang is related to characters from Snoopy. SW is Charlie Brown, DS Lucy, DR is Linus, JJ is Sally Brown.I just dont know who is TK. There are 3 more characters and i can relate 1 to TK but i`m not that sure. I cant believe how everything has a meaning and how deep writers went. :w00t:

"Snoopy's father is said to have lived in Florida, and he wears glasses and has a mustache. Snoopy's mother looks like a female version of Snoopy"

And Snoopy is a DOG.

I guess Bora's character is a mixed of several characters in Snoopy too.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, honeywell said:

Omg I couldn't stop crying when SW showed his scholarship to his mom.  Such a mess right now.  Anyone notice the green and yellow ducks in the Sung/Kim basement?

JH in uniform!  WOW.  We need to see him in uniform again.  One episode is not enough.  The Kim's family welcoming him home was so lovely.  Did Papa Kim just wipe Jh's face with toilet paper?  I hope he wasn't using it.   

LMFAO. My papa Kim would do something like that. It was so disgusting but so hilarious and just like men and family (I been in similar situation both as the clogger and the one who had to unclog) when he took a dump, clogged the toilet and called Junghwan to come unclog it. The way they were sitting there admiring the dump (what did you eat LOL) and trying to think of what to do. I die laughing when my Bong brings the best life hack and unclogs it. I die a little more when he uses the same hand to do something to papa Kim that leaves him disgusted. LMAO, I love the Kim family. I so hope mama Kim is not pregnant and is simply going though menopause. They did that in R94 and as soon as Junghwan said he wanted a younger sibling I thought "no don't recycle that plot" LOL.

@naruto89 welcome to the thread and thanks for sharing your professional point of view on things. I agree with you and feel the story has shown that in the end, all this heart ache we are feeling for Junghwan will have a big pay off.

@rameennoodles your story was not long at all (ask anyone i post much much longer stuff LOL) and omg, that is sooo cute. Are you sure you are not Deok Sun in disguise. You guys even met at the bus stop. Best of luck on your developing relationship. And even though I think it's the exception and not the rule, it is very much possible and believable for two people to harbor feelings for years and years and finally get together years later. There was this news article of some couple that meet when they were like 8, and were on and off friends. They experienced war, marriages, children...life and did not finally meet again until they were 73 in the same retirement home and ended up getting married a week later.

Ya'll move fast. I am back reading on p. 477 and by the time I am done, watch ya'll be on p. 481...

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, parkangel said:

And Snoopy is a DOG.

All i can say is the writer and PD are total trolls for shoving this in Taek's face in his own room. :vicx:

• Like 7

1 minute ago, parkangel said:

And Snoopy is a DOG.

I did not mention that Snoopy is a dog coz previous post said it  that Snoopy  is a beagle (dog breed ) so i assumed that people will know that

I assume that TK is Woodstock, coz other 2 charactes are soo not TK and are female characters so maybe thats BR.

• Like 4