[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

11 minutes ago, snowy21 said:

how come no one is suspecting JJ might be TK's wife XD.. cuz in real life that baduk player is married with a young wife..

Ehm.. I guess because they're family now and I don't think it's appropriated to marry with a family member? :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 2

tumblr_o0nxznHvkW1u7nnmzo2_540.gif

tumblr_o0nxznHvkW1u7nnmzo1_540.gif

credit : N123

I'll just repost this to cheer myself up. JH being the husband is the most logical thing to do, plot wise. There's just no way a sane scriptwriter would invest this many plot and development for a secondary character. Even if I'm still so mad at writer-nim right now, I still believe JH is the husband. This episode drained me so much, maybe I'll sleep early tonight and started making fanfic tomorrow.   

• Like 21

Hello everyone! I'm new, I've been following this thread for a while. I'm definitely disappointed in what happened this week but man, you guys are so positive it's awesome!

I don't know if this was mentioned before but I honestly think this production team is riding the ratings train. We got what, 7 episodes of angst and no plot development for our couple and still, the ratings all reached new record highs each week.

I still think Junghwan is the husband no matter what. If not, I think I'm going to have to visit the writer and director myself. 

• Like 18

I was thinking "don't tell me that this is just JH's imagination, please" at the end of the confession, but the writer-nim is actually more evil than that. aigooo. 

I still can't get over the look on DS face when SW ask her "you got fooled too right?" it's like she's faking a laugh.. the two friends might don't know, but DS should know. what JH said were all true; DS experienced it, when JH gave her umbrella waiting for her to came home at night, when he gave her the gift or the bus scenes the alley the 'bed' scene PLEASE DEOKSEON-AH :tears::tears::tears::tears:

What changes even if he tries to play it as a joke after confessing finally? While he was confessing, his sincerity overflowed which was understood by his friends and if he changes it as an act the DR, SW might believe him as they have no idea about anything which happened between JH-DS but DS must know that each word said by him is true. Did you guys notice that while JH was proposing DS was neither shocked nor surprised. She was just happy like she knew and was expecting this from a very long time. Now its completely in her control as I think she got to hear the words from him which she wanted.

Common guys they are friends who are just like family whose unspoken words can be understood and today for the first time JH spoke out which can't be neglected by DS. Girls are usually too smart in these matters to catch up even a single clue...

As many interpreted DS was waiting for TK, it could be that she is really waiting for him as he is also another BFF like rest of them. I feel that DS is gonna confess to TK first that she love JH and only then she is gonna approach JH.

• Like 14

34 minutes ago, ic3chubb3 said:

Guys, I've got to get this out after watching this ep.

I've watched TONS of dramas. Good and bad crappy ones included. Answer series have always been one of my favs, and 1988 is of course the one I hold most dearly to my heart so far. 

There hasn't been any confession scenes that I've seen in any drama before that made me cry. JH's one is ep 18 was the first.

His lines, his acting, his facial expressions and the setting of the scene was just so soo sad. The fact that he has to resort to using this gathering to make his confession. No romantic atmosphere, no music, no preparations. The two of them weren't even alone!

My heart really broke seeing his wistful smile at the end. The fact that he had to turn his long-awaited confession into a JOKE! God knows how long he has been crushing on DS, it could jolly well be since they were little kids!

I'm not going to care how the scriptwriter is going to lead us to the end anymore, but I just want a proper closure for JH's love line. He deserves for DS to know how much he ever cared and loved her, to have the past misunderstandings cleared and for DS to know that he has always been there in those moments she thought he didn't care.

People says JH missed many of his chances and timing to confess. I agree, but what's sadder is that he knows he brought this on himself. But he still couldn't helped it. He chose to keep everything bottled so that hopefully his friends could stay happy. So he turned his confession to a laughing joke, turning the burden to be on himself and not DS.

I really love all the characters in this series, especially the gang of friends in 1988. Whoever gets to be the lucky guy called DS's husband has my blessing. I'm only wishing now that the story leading us there would be written beautifully and ended with meaning for all of the friends. Their friendship is too precious to be wasted on a messy husband mystery plot.

Can I like this post 1000 times?? I agree with everything you said. I just can't express it beautifully like you did haha :)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, snowy21 said:

德善,我真的很喜欢你。本来毕业的时候就想把这个送给你的,结果也没送出去。
你不知道我当时喜欢你为了你都干了什么啥事儿。每天早上为了跟你一起上学,每次都在大门口等你一个多小时。
每次你去自习室晚回家的时候我都担心地睡不着觉,想着不是又在那里睡着了吧。
你就是我的全部所想了。
你跟我在公交里碰到的时候,一起去演唱会的时候,我生日的时候收到你送的衬衣的时候,真的都高兴死了。
每天会想多遇到你12次(此处不确定),如果见面的话就会很开心。
真的很喜欢你。(这个也忘了到底有没有了)
我从以前就一直很想跟你说,我爱你。”

DS ah.. I really like you, wanted to give you the ring after graduation but ended up  didn't give it to you. 

you don't know at that time how much I like you, I can do anything because of you. Every morning in order to go to school with you, I waited for you at the gate for more an hr.

Every time you went for night study and go home late, I am worried that I couldn't sleep, I was thinking are you sleeping there again?

You are my everything.

when we meet in the bus, going to concert together, when I received your present during my birthday, I am really happy to death

Every day I would like to meet you 12 times ( not sure for this part) if we meet, I will be very happy !

I really like you

Ever since then, I have been thinking to tell you, I love you !!

Above is the translated version pardon for my bad English.

Edit: wow glad that someone has translated, aigoo so beautiful.. 

I m crying right now.. Junghwan-ah~ saranghae... 

Chingudeul wait for me.. Why you guys so fast??? 

I don't want miss 400 pages...  Wahhhh...  Another 6 page to reach 400 pagess... 

• Like 7

OMG I just watched the raw

Are we still ALIVE???

Gaaaah! Kim Jung Hwan! I screamed his name so many times during the ep.

The confession-not-a-confession OMG!!! Melts! The flashbacks of lovesick JH

Deoksun aaah!! Gurl! What are you thinking??? Teeell me I NEED to know

Edit: the stupid red lights! Oh my gaah I screamed at those lights.

• Like 15

I wonder if next week we will get any spoiler being leaked because the filming for either episode 19 or 20 is not finished... fyi she was pretty (Kdrama) wraps it's filming on the D-day which is last episode of the broadcast, I hope they don't film it at the last minute and edit the parts at the last minute.. I shall put my trust on Writer Nim and PD nim to give us decent closure and then I shall move on to (my) Cheese in the Trap!! (16 episodes only T.T)

• Like 10

1 minute ago, callmegiggles said:

OMG I just watched the raw

Are we still ALIVE???

Gaaaah! Kim Jung Hwan! I screamed his name so many times during the ep.

The confession-not-a-confession OMG!!! Melts! The flashbacks of lovesick JH

Deoksun aaah!! Gurl! What are you thinking??? Teeell me I NEED to know

None of us are alive. We have hit borderline insanity at this point.

This reminds me of the week before 1994's finale and how insane I was going. I got chilbong'd there and if this happens to me again, I am going to ship myself to Mars. 

All that separates us from knowing the husband now is a long, long, LONG week.

• Like 12

Ooohhh now that @raky mentioned it, in the first ep during the future DS interview, she said that she must have gone crazy to marry him, so I have this feeling that it's DS now who holds the key for the trigger of the endgame. It will be her choice that would end things clearly. Remember what her friends advised her: wait until he confesses, he did (in a frustrating yet heartbreaking manner) so it's really DS's choice and actions now that would seal the deal. 

I somehow see DS confronting both boys now seeing as how confused she is with these two and pls let us have our breathtaking moment wherein she finally chooses the husband in a grand fashion or whatnot 

• Like 15

Alright,i like it here cause we can say what we think of reply 1988 but the problem is that i just finished ep 18 and realllllllly feel like swaring ..... i mean i was like  "@#$%^*!? " all the time ....what the hell did i just watched ?
ok let's try to be Objectif here (if i could) : 
i don't know about you guys (sorry didn't check the previous posts) but i do strongly believe that Teck confessed to DS During the concert or smthg like that (Anyway he took the first step b4 JH that afternoon)and DS kind of liked it and maybe accepted him cause during that confession meeting (of DS JH SW DR ) she kept waiting for teck to come and while JH was preforming his beautiful, literally breathtaking, spectacular love conffession 
(i'm not really sure about this )but DS was like "it would be really nice if i heared this B4 but you are kind of late "
the one and only thing i m sure about is reply 1988 IS officially the best Kdrama ever to me from Direction to scenario to that littel white feather ... no seriously it's taking the korean series to an other whole level!!!!
 Eungdabhara palpal mansae !!!!!!!
ps :someone please gets me out of the dark and tell me i just got it wrong because it's just the RAW affect TT   

• Like 3

I am seeing TK-DS shippers celebrating but I don't think ANYONE should be celebrating at this point. None of us know what is going to happen in the next episodes and the whole game could change. For all we know DS married DR. 

My hope is placed on the fact that NJ and Trash broke up before the final episode and NJ even went to Chilbong but finally came back to her love Trash. 

even in 97 the main couple spent time apart and suffered in angst until making their way to each other. 

I am praying that JH and DS find their ways to each other....and JH give DS an actual, real confession. 

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, rameennoodles said:

do you guys have anything specific you want to see by the end of the series? i remember reading a post about this a while back but after this episode i think i need to read multiple possible scenarios to stop my heart from hurting so much haha.

personally ever since i read the spoiler (that turned out untrue but whatever) about a kiss scene at the airport between jh and ds i can't stop thinking about it. even if it's just a scene of a normal work day and not a part of a big dramatic confession or whatever i really want to see it happen.

(sorry if this is a long post i have so many feelings rn and i need to get them out before i watch the full episode later today)

Sorry to cut your post. I feel the same way about the airport kiss spoiler, at first I just brushed it off when they debunked it. But now.. that the pilot/stewardess spoiler became true.. maybe, just maybe the spoiler might be true? I know it's far fetched but somehow I'm clinging onto that little glimmer of hope that the scene might happen.. If this does't happen then it doesn't yknow.. 

• Like 10