[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

1 hour ago, carolinedl said:

What if DR is actually talking to DS?!.... ;)

Holla. I would be so happy if he was talking to her and just telling her to go forth and be with who she been liked for 5 years and counting now. Now that you have put it out there in fandom world, I'm going to be salty if that is not what happens. Come on our Deok Sunie GO AND GET YOUR MAN!!

I have yet to see the episode but I am stilll 99.98% sure Junghwan is the endgame. All of this is bringing back such Reply 1994 feels where I was dying because WHERE IS MY OPPA-YA, HAS SHE REALLY FORGOTTEN HIM? ARE THEY ABOUT TO THROW AWAY OVER 20 EPISODES OF DEVELOPMENT!!! The feeling is the same now...wae are they ding this to me...they better give me the bestest kiss that has every kissed to make up for all the games they playing with my heart. 

@luffypyon your idea sounds like something straight out of a movie. Was there hostile ready to battle relations between North and South in 1994? I can imagine Junghwan having to leave for possible battle and our Deok Sun being scared for him but trying not to show it. And Junghwan trying to reassure her that he will be alright but does it in his rough and gruff manner. They give each other a thousand kisses before they both leave because Deok Sun has a flight to Thailand the very next day. I'm having so much fun imagining their dating/married life. I would assume that both of them aren't home much so they have to plan ahead and make the most out of the times that they both happen to be in Korea at the same time (perhaps that's why our Junghwan is rushing off.  He only has two days with Deok Sun before they both have to fly out and he's already 10 minutes late for the meet up -not going to happen but a girl can imagine-). 

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, Howlongwillthisfandomlast said:

I treat the love triangle and the other parts of the drama as 2 different dramas(started out doing this because I was frustrated with the progress and I love our otp too much:wub:). Because it's still a really good drama if I close 2eyes on the love triangle. Also, I didn't really have a good sleep :( 

HAHA exactly, just act like you are watching a family comedy 99,90% of the time then we will be alright:lol:.. This time I really really really had no expectations, since nothing happened the last 6 episodes, I thought let's just enjoy everyones story. That went well, I didn't scream like a lunatic (not possible in public transport anyway haha) The best part hopefully will come on it's own;)!!

I think no one sleeps well with this drama going on, me included. Hwightingg!:tears:

EDIT: @kayle01 YES YES YES!! You are so right. Totally didn't expect they were really going with the pilot and stewardess thingy. Pilots are not often seen in Kdramas haha. You guys and DC were posting those pictures all the time, but I didn't really care for it. But now they really are pilot and stewardess hahah. Since I didn't expect it, chincha chouwahh!! 

Though I didn't back read and don't know if anyone already made this suggestion: Indeed he took his pink shirt with him!! So that means he took his love with him:wub:!! hehe. And I somehow ended op thinking that DS chose to be a stewardess because of JHs choice for becoming a pilot WHAAA KSHAFDKJHFIHEU !! (Just like playful kiss, she wants to be a nurse because he is going to be a doctor hahah)

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I have yet to see the episode but I am stilll 99.98% sure Junghwan is the endgame. All of this is bringing back such Reply 1994 feels where I was dying because WHERE IS MY OPPA-YA, HAS SHE REALLY FORGOTTEN HIM? ARE THEY ABOUT TO THROW AWAY OVER 20 EPISODES OF DEVELOPMENT!!! The feeling is the same now...wae are they ding this to me...they better give me the bestest kiss that has every kissed to make up for all the games they playing with my heart. 

But for Reply 1994, you guys had dates, kisses, love confessions, a proposal, etc. So far, we got very little! Cute moments but no kiss, no love open love confession, no proposal.........

I am also reminded of R1997, where despite the fact that SW and YJ were dating at the end, the husband hunt was still going on. I did not wathc it live, I watched it after but I remember at the end of episode 14 I could not take it anymore and I had to look at episode 16 to see who was the husband!!

• Like 9

I don't remember the 80s being a dangerous time. Practically everyone on that street has either landed themselves in the hospital, becomes bed ridden or injured something.  I think the only ones who hasn't injured themselves are, SW's mom, TK, JH, NE, and Mi Ran.

I didn't watch R1997 live either and I feel horrible for saying this but I never even took TW as the husband because when I watched the series I was no way they would have an older guy end up with Eun Ji.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, honeywell said:

I don't remember the 80s being a dangerous time. Practically everyone on that street has either landed themselves in the hospital, becomes bed ridden or injured something.  I think the only ones who hasn't injured themselves are, SW's mom, TK, JH, NE, and Mi Ran.

Actually, I remember it was! I lived in NYC City and we stayed in an apartment in Harlem at some point and it was dangerous. NYC in general was pretty unsafe and crazy. My parents' employer (a French guy who had a bakery) paid a private school for my brother and I and my mom was telling me stories of the other moms. Once, she dropped us at a birthday party and the moms were snorting coke in the bathroom.

In Paris, my mom had been mugged in the street several times. Anyway, it was pretty wild at the end of the 90s. I don't know about Seoul though...

I also think people weren't as careful aswe are now. People smoked everywhere, my parents did not lock the detergents cabinet like parents do nowadays, etc.

BUT if there is one thing I am curious about, is whether PDnim or writernim has some traumatic stories with hospitals - they are omnipresent in the three Replies!!

Edit: Ratings!!!!! 16,5%, peak at 20% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deabak!

• Like 15

I really liked the translation somebody did in the MT about lil' JungHwan's diary. He was clearly attracted to DS ever since kids (and I don't mean it in a romantic way but in general). I think this reflects how observant and aware of her he was from the very beginning. Also someone pointed out before (and I will have to agree wholeheartedly as well) how instead of her cheerful/outgoing personality, he was most amazed by her strenght and fighting skills lol. I mean, he even highlights it. Isn't it the cutest thing on Earth? 

EDIT: Ohh! Here, I found it: it was @Saturn who translated it:

-Important thing of today : Deoksun fought with friend.
-Good thing of today : I cleaned my desk well.
Today, Deoksun fought with class president of next class. The class president of next class pulled Deoksun's partner's hair, so Deoksun got angry. She did the same thing to the class president of next class. The class president of next class cried, so Deoksun won. Deoksun is a girl but she is stronger than boys. Next time, I will suggest her to do arm wrestling.

4 minutes ago, svl93 said:

I really liked the translation somebody did in the MT about lil' JungHwan's diary. He was clearly attracted to DS ever since kids (and I don't mean it in a romantic way but in general). I think this reflects how observant and aware of her he was from the very beginning. Also someone pointed out before (and I will have to agree wholeheartedly as well) how instead of her cheerful/outgoing personality, he was most amazed by her strenght and fighting skills lol. I mean, he even highlights it. Isn't it the cutest thing on Earth? 

EDIT: Ohh! Here, I found it: it was @Sheza who translated it:

Today, Deoksun fought with class president of next class. The class president of next class pulled Deoksun's partner's hair, so Deoksun got angry. She did the same thing to the class president of next class. The class president of next class cried, so Deoksun won. Deoksun is a girl but she is stronger than boys. Next time, I will suggest her to do arm wrestling.

AAHH so sweet!!! I didn't understand that part well while watching. Thank you for posting it here!!!:heart: Now I have butterflies in my tummy, I feel excited agaiiinn. 11 hours to go!!!! 

Have to sleep now!! bye!!!!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, svl93 said:

The best part is that that was important thing of  that day to him. I usually wrote in my diary as important thing of the day something like mom gave me big allowance or something stupid like that. That scene was so special he mostly wrote about his brother and DS. Cute little thing.

• Like 10

im crying. im crying. literally crying. I'M LOVING THIS EPISODE SO MUCH AND I GOT TEARY FROM THE START LIKE WHEN THE BOYS PLAYING SOCCER AND DEOKSUN CHEERS FOR THEM LIKE WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO PRECIOUS HOW CAN NO ONE TALK ABOUT THIS (AND PLUS NEAR THE END WHEN THE SQUADS COMING OUT FROM THEIR HOUSE UGH WHY IS MY MOM CUTTING ONION RIGHT NOW). there are many scenes that made me cry today (and not to mention i was watching it like, at 3 am..)

in all honesty, i don't even care about the kiss????????? or i can say that i'm not that affected with this or maybe because i saw the screencaps before watch the episode lol. IT'S FAIR my friends. tk/ds shipper get the kiss and WE GET OUR PILOT AND STEWARDESS :wub: i assume tk/ds thread are probably the same with us right now with spazzing about certain scenes haha.

i'm at lost when i saw reply_tvn's post of jh and ds in their uniform when i'm about to begin watching it AND I START SCREAMING WHEN THEY APPEARED IN THE LAST SCENE LIKE WHO DO YOU PUT JH IN THE LAST :phew::phew:

yuck at the hair extension but she's reaaaaallllllyyyyyy pretty with her uniform :''''')))) my precious baby sung deoksun :"""") you're now confirm as my favorite sung dong il's daughters. 

no, don't ask me how my face fell when junghwan come home and the family excitedly run into him (OH PAPA KIM SRSLY) and mama kim's kisses aghhhhhhh

• Like 17

ahhhhh....this thread still alive even still in popular now..you guys great!!!! i just slept for two hours,,my eyes havent open properly yet. But the funny things is the first time that i did after open my laptop was watched preview..not once but twice..what a refreshing morning can watch JH hotness on that preview.  and the second time is opening this thread..my habit...hahahaha

Good morning, Good evening. Good night chingudeul...

last night, before i sleep..i search in instagram with tag eundaphara1988...and what i found..i found the real air couple post their picture.... The took a picture with their uniforms..Aigooo so beautiful,,,i can imagine JH-DS will took a picture like that later And that couple really look like JH-DS profession. The man with air force uniform same like JH, and the woman with stewardess uniform too like DS (what makes that picture more cute is they are holding teddy bear with swap of uniform. the man holding teddy bear with stewardess uniform and the woman holding teddy bear with air force uniform). i wanna photoshopped JH-DS face on their picture...huhuhuhuhu

suddenly had this thought, solma solma solma...PD nim get inspired from in time with you to solve the main couple romance..and that everything will solve in the last episode, all kiss(es) and lovey dovey will happen in last episode,,,dont tell me thats what you think writer nim...PD nim?... i love that taiwan drama but i want more more more....happen in this drama between JH-DS..huhuhuhuhu...

@carolinedl heol.....daebak!!!!!!! 16.5% with peak at 20%?Shin PD and LE writer nim must be dancing right now...because of this high rating..hahahahahahaha

@svl93 since JH kids....DS already being his world..being his everything...even wrote about her in his diary..usually a kid will write about his parent or family in their dairy. But what ge wrote just DS...DS...and DS...aigooo so cute JH

ps: oh pink shirt....i hope you really can speak just once..to solve all this misunderstanding...oh fairy godmother, are you listening?can you make this wish comes true?hahahahahahaha

• Like 10

This thread moves so fast....

Today's episode was as expected with TK/DS scenes but the kiss was.. well no comments. It does not matter whether it is real or a dream..it floats this whole husband game boat.I have only watched reply 1997 not reply 1994.Now I cannot imagine what sort of trolling that is going to go on till episode 20.

(reminds *herself* of the logic and story ..Yes JH is husband..no I dont know ..reminds *herself* non sensible clues..Lee Mi Yeon is present wife ..papa Sung is still on losing streak in todays episode ..remember he chose Choi Taek as his son in law in second episode....soooo not happening...yes JH is the husband.. convinced for now)

I liked todays episode better than last 2. I dont expect usually much about main couple as we all know they are going to drag that till end but here we have three more couples and they were still going in circles with all four. So I was happy at last the story moved and finally something happened. Out of four at least SW omma and TK appa got together.

I was really touched by the bond between JH and JB.The whole time JH was changing his dreams for his hyung. JB knowing how much JH values him and his dreams and asking him to do whatever his own dream is was really heart warming. Same with DS and Bora. It was lovely to see them bonding.

The talk of parents about their own dreams just made me wonder if any of the kids are going to change their  profession in the future. SW, JH and DS all have selected professions not because they were their dreams…Or is that the irony that the episode title suggests..

The preview except for the last part where JH is talking to DS all clips seem like mixed ones. The outfit JH is wearing while talking to TK at the gate is same as the one he is seen with DS. It could be all of them have gone out somewhere. DR could be talking to JH but about TK..or he could be talking to DS too...

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, leekyuphii said:

ahhhhh....this thread still alive even still in popular now..you guys great!!!! i just slept for two hours,,my eyes havent open properly yet. But the funny things is the first time that i did after open my laptop was watched preview..not once but twice..what a refreshing morning can watch JH hotness on that preview.  and the second time is opening this thread..my habit...hahahaha

oh my god, same! I only slept for four hours and I'm on this thread again. I don't know how many time I replayed that scene when JH came home and the whole family ran to greet him. It's just too precious. I still screamed like I watched it the first time LOL

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, shunklunk said:

who's here with me liking the new ost (i've been playing it for 2 hours now)???? i really like it despite its sad lyric huuhuh

ME.

It's my favourite ost along with Noel - Together :D

• Like 5

Man am i a blind girl. Only clues and hints i saw in this ep was BRs underlined book with red and purple, and then underlined with green and she holding yellow pen and zillion green and yellow hints. I have not seen the dolls at all, if it wasnt for you guys here and those pictures you post here I would have lived in ignorance. On side note this ep was great i expected more angst, and scenes between DS and TK  were not that special like i read on fb, ig and mt<_<

For sec i questioned my self are they really going to do this and make DS fall for 3 out of 4 friends when she acted up in library. That would be totally disappointing not bcz TK is husband contestant but bcz that would mean that DS is very pliable and unstable person. I love her she is my fav Reply female lead and i dont want her to be like that

One more thing. Whats that song at the end on preview

• Like 7