[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Guest wizengamot

@hailaft i was going to ask about the part 1 and 2 (i've already read them but i was not able to save them. and i want to re-read them now) but i think someone had already asked about it. can you pm it to me then? thanks a bunch

@comesandgoes @junghwanxdeoksunforevvs of course we will meet again and we will probably hang out here even after the series ended. if you guys know @lelee on the main thread, the one who  translated the live recaps. whenever i go to the forum, we comment to each other because we've been together in Hello Monster thread so when i was live recapping and then she was translating i said i remember her in HM and she actually remembers me too. and yes @grcevln actually i come to RJY thread but there's not much i could contribute since the ones i post here are R88 clues and insights related. Don;t worry though because i'm sure he'll get more projects after this. There's even the Glory Day/One Way Trip to spazz after R88

@artsycharisma yes, i agree with what you said. at ep 10 on how DS downplayed that "you're a man afterall" scene. she kind of brush it off on the following episodes and went back to cooing him as a child.

@hailaft chinguyaaaa...you did it again...I love your fanfic so much...i want more and more..I never get tired to read it again and again(gosssshhh, i always say something like this every time i comment about your fanfic,,hope you dont get bored with this kind of reaction..hahahahahahaha). if JH teach me math, i will get distracting too.aigooo my heart will skip its beat..my eyes will also cant even look at him..suddenly when read your fanfic i want to see the reaction of parents (sung and kim family) when knowing JH-DS dating..hahahahahaha, its gonna be hilarious. i will waiting patiently for the next part....

21 minutes ago, wasted_youth said:

I'm actually sad because there are only 4 episodes left. 1 more week, and then the finale week.

It's hard to find a good show. Even a decent one hardly exists nowadays. I'm gonna miss this show for sure. And I'm going to miss all of you too! I actually remember your usernames. It's not that hard to remember/recognize (even though 50% of you are using RYJ's face haha) because I come in here almost every day.

Waenyeol why am I writing this emotional post when it's not even the finale week yet :ph34r: kkkkk

:bawling: your post makes me sad...makes me realize that this show will really be over in 2 weeks.

yeah, im gonna miss every single person here. I remember all your user name (its not that hard because i come here every day).  Because of i remember all your user name when i visit main thread i can scanning fast to read the post that i wanna read first or later (and leave the ones that i dont want to read).

16 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

hahahahahahahahaha!!! lol seriously, if i'm drinking something, i would have spit it on the screen. So True though.

on a serious note, i actually thought that the episodes being delayed this week is kind of okay since we get to spend two more weeks with the show. 

okay i don;t want to be on a 'serious note' anymore ugh. 

anyway, i'm sure we will all still linger here for a while (weeks i think) spazzing over uri couple, the ending, our theories, our imagination of what have they become (how many children DS and JH made), what the actors are up to after. those sort. Plus, i think after the series ended, i'd suffer a very worst withdrawal like what a good way to start the year, really hahaha!!! (i remember watching lots of series last 2015 and only 2 series gave me kdrama withdrawals that i did not watch another drama after 3 months. the other drama, i watch for a week after that i quickly move on to another) but i think with this one, i'm gonna be having a serious withdrawal so good luck to me.

agree with you...maybe i will still linger here for a while too..because i will get the worst withdrawal ever. I already get the indication the first time i watched this drama. and its already be my habit to open this thread every time and every where. Yeah i watched many drama in 2015 but never get serious withdrawal because the other show will catch up my attention faster. And before watching this drama, i already have a thought that im getting tired to watch korean drama with that many similarity between each other and try to move on for a while from watching korean drama. But here i am, found this great drama, get stuck and cant move on from this drama.. yeah, if JH really really really (and must) be the husband, this great drama will ended perfectly...and i can watch it over and over again in future (tough i already watched it 4 or 5 times right now). and lets have party here..for a long long long days or weeks maybe..Hahahahahaha 

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, grcevln said:

after watching a lot of interviews, bts, and looking at his sns' posts, it seems that RJY is a true boy-next-door :wub:. I wish that after Reply 1988 ends we (RJY's stans) will keep on spazzing on his thread. It seems so quiet there.

Hi everyone I'm back from holiday!!! Yes please go to oppa's thread more often!!! He needs more love there!

*Goes to replay bts scenes to last the week*

• Like 12

Guest wizengamot

TODAY HAS BEEN A GOOD NIGHT OR MORNING OR AFTERNOON (depending on what part of the world you are chingus),

GENERALLY, TODAY HAS BEEN A GOOD DAY FOR ALL OF US JH-DS SHIPPERS 

lol!!! i enjoyed the bts (not so much the live streaming) and the spazzing we did after and the fic our chingu had shared. therefore, i'll go to bed with a goofy smile on my face because of all the feels uri couple has given to me,

cheers guys!!!

giphy_zpscqxkblvs.gif

Guest wizengamot
1 minute ago, hailaft said:

@artsycharisma @leekyuphii I writes a lot before, but this is the first time I got such a big reactions. Thank you guys, truly. I'll never got bored reading your reaction :wub: 

@wizengamot I already sent you the part 1 and 2 ;)

yes, thank you. i already replied. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! :grin: 

2 hours ago, wizengamot said:

@hailaft i was going to ask about the part 1 and 2 (i've already read them but i was not able to save them. and i want to re-read them now) but i think someone had already asked about it. can you pm it to me then? thanks a bunch

@comesandgoes @junghwanxdeoksunforevvs of course we will meet again and we will probably hang out here even after the series ended. if you guys know @lelee on the main thread, the one who  translated the live recaps. whenever i go to the forum, we comment to each other because we've been together in Hello Monster thread so when i was live recapping and then she was translating i said i remember her in HM and she actually remembers me too. and yes @grcevln actually i come to RJY thread but there's not much i could contribute since the ones i post here are R88 clues and insights related. Don;t worry though because i'm sure he'll get more projects after this. There's even the Glory Day/One Way Trip to spazz after R88

Sorry for cutting your post,yess i will continue to hang out here after last episode because we will celebrate something,i want to join that fun:phew: I'm waiting Glory Day too because Suho is my bias,i really love Ji Soo and there is another reason to watch of course uri tsundere Jun Yeol❤
All of you like me,we want to talk everything again and again,watching again every episodes carefully,downloading everything about uri couple.. To be here is really comfortable its like my second home.I love you guys! *back to lurking*

• Like 7

Hi! i really thankful to find this thread because i'm so freaking in love with JH-DS couple :wub:

And really thanks to all of you who always give an update about uri lovely couple. I always open the thread every minute to know about the update about the couple that we love so much. 

It's the first time i follow a kdrama when the kdrama it's not finish in korea (because it's really hard to wait for another week to know about the end of story. i kinda like watching kdrama end at first. hohoho). And.... it's really.... hard. hahahaha. Because i really 99% sure about the husband (JH, for sure!), but how can they got together? that things always make me frustrated :(

I also like the fanfic @hailaft it's really lovely!!! :heart:  

It's really sad that the show is about 2 weeks again... but at the same side, i kinda feel happy the end will come (so i know how JH-DS end up together and other squad story in the future).

Really thank you for your hardworking :blush:

• Like 10

PBG and RJY are so cute!   True romance of the series.  It seems like the actress that plays Bora was caught in a lie. They were told beforehand that BR and SW would be a love line.  So obviously the PDs saying they don't know who the husband is, is another lie.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hyeri was told to look a certain when she has scenes with PBG or RJY.

• Like 20

14 minutes ago, hailaft said:

@artsycharisma @leekyuphii I writes a lot before, but this is the first time I got such big reactions. Thank you guys, truly. I'll never got bored reading your reaction :wub: 

wow...you writes a lot before?but never git this big reactions? in my case maybe because your fanfic is the first fanfic that i ever read, with writing style that i like too. though i already a fan from one kpop boyband for 9 years, i never read their fanfic for once and never have a will to read that too (yeah most of it are yaoi fanfic and thats really not my style). and maybe the other reason is the lack of OTP moment or skinship in the drama (im thirsty of their moment that i dont get for a few weeks in this drama) so im looking for the way to decrease my thirsty and i think fanfic is one the answer (in good and bad ways too...good because i can read about my OTP moment..bad because if i read too much i will live in that imagination world from fanfic and maybe it will be difficult to differentiate between the scene from drama or fanfic later..hahahahahahaha) But still i found my new hobbies for this moment, beside open this thread every day..there is reading fanfic..LOL

• Like 5

hi everyone :) im not sure if this is the right place to ask this..but, i've been wondering abt the name of the song playing when junghwan was staring at sooyeon when she was dancing with dongryongryong at the end of ep 15..it was a slow~ kinda song...really appreciate it if someone knows and tqsm in advance :D 

http://youtu.be/QKbhInMmeM4 

Edited by taiyaki10
spelling miss :/
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, hailaft said:

@artsycharisma @leekyuphii I writes a lot before, but this is the first time I got such big reactions. Thank you guys, truly. I'll never got bored reading your reaction :wub: 

Could you send them to me too? Your ffs are my favourite. In fact i`ve never read those before until i came here. :D

• Like 2

@leekyuphii Yeah, this is the first time I wrote fanfics though. I never got so attached to something to the point I want to write a fanfic about it LOL. I started to write after episode 14 because nothing really happened between uri couple and it was getting too frustating :sweatingbullets: All in all, we're all just thirsty of uri couple moments.  

• Like 7

With the amount I saw the page count increase I thought "yay they gave a preview after all the re-runs and bts!!! :D) but y'all are spazzing over the bts....tvN you continue to kill me. Nah, I enjoyed the bts. It's nice to see everyone happy and friendly and hug-y joking with one another. I can't ship irl people (I don't know them like that and they could still be putting up a persona for viewers aka fanservice) so I just enjoyed all interactions by the cast and did really fangirl over anyone that (that a lie cause I lost it at my ahjumma Bong and everything with AJH). I'm assuming preview may come out Wednesday or Thursday *le sigh* 

• Like 12

Hello everyone!!! I'm loving the good mood and cheer in here!! ^___^ So many goodies (the BTS and more great fanfic from @hailaft - thank you!!!) and great discussions!

Ah I echo comments feeling conflicted about the nearing end of this wonderful show. My heart tugs every time I think we only have two weeks left with the Ssangmundong family. :tears: Luckily we will still be here, and with the huge, undeniable success and popularity of R1988, the cast we've come to love will also go on to act in other projects and we can continue our support for them. :D

I'm backtracking a bit here, but I wanted to add in my desired background song for our couple's first kiss. I'd love love love it to be Kim Hyun-Chul's Town. I just feel like that song is JH and DS's song. It played in ep 4 when DS was meowing at JH's leg cramp, and continued playing into the scene where JH waited for DS in the rain before heading to the bus stop. Then of course the song was played in ep 12 while DS waited early for JH at the bus stop. Plus the lyrics are so appropriate!! If not this song, then I'd love for the show to surprise us with an OST sung by Hyeri. That would make my day. Like in R1994 when Go Ara sang a song for the OST. As sweet as the Everyday With You song is, I always associate that song with Sunwoo and Bora's first kiss and I don't want it used with JH and DS. (Perhaps I'm being too greedy haha)

As for HOW their first kiss will go...

7 hours ago, carolinedl said:

As much as I want firery passionnate kiss if JH and DS are ever going to kiss, a bigger part of me want an awkward kiss. They have been friends for so long...

Have you all watched "In Time with You"? Their first kiss is soooo awkward, I loved it! Because that's how it is supposed to be when you know the person so well and that your whole relationship is changing!

Edit: for the curious ones: https://www.viki.com/videos/160809v-in-time-with-you-episode-13

The kiss is at 0:44:40

@carolinedl said it best!! I am dying for an awkward first kiss. I imagine both JH and DS are shy and slightly embarrassed, but also eager and full of anticipation for their lips to touch. For JH, after months (probably years, since I agree with others who don't think the kiss will happen until after the time jump) of yearning and holding back and repressing his affection and love, he is finally free to show the love of his life just how much he loves her and wants her. And for DS, after all that time getting frustrating mixed signals from JH and hurting from all the doubt and the misunderstanding, this is the moment she gets full confirmation from the boy she likes that he actually likes her back. I just... please writer, I need this so bad. ;____; I need to stop myself from anticipating too much, lest I be disappointed. Wenyeol...

• Like 14

33 minutes ago, taiyaki10 said:

hi everyone :) im not sure if this is the right place to ask this..but, i've been wondering abt the name of the song playing when junghwan was staring at sooyeon when she was dancing with dongryongryong at the end of ep 15..it was a slow~ kinda song...really appreciate it if someone knows and tqsm in advance :D 

http://youtu.be/QKbhInMmeM4 

http://youtu.be/Obcg0--LspQ

i think this one is which you are searching right?^_^ It is Hong Seong Min-Even if that day I remember comes

• Like 5

3 hours ago, hailaft said:

I see your wish and here the story for your reading pleasure. :lol::D

Reveal hidden contents

Deoksun stared blankly at her math book way too much instead of trying to do the problems. She sighed and read again the example before trying to do it herself. Bora came in at that exact time and peeked at her book behind her back.

“Yah, you can’t even do that. That’s middle school problem!” Bora pointed at the example she was reading.

“That’s why I’m reading the example, okay?” Deoksun tried to be patience. She didn’t have time for another fight with her sister. Bora scoffed and sat in front of her own desk.

“Your boyfriend is on top of his class, why don’t you ask him to teach you?” Bora asked her.

Deoksun scoffed. Asking Junghwan to teach her is worse than asking Bora to do the same. He did mention it casually a few times before. They can study together in his room, he said. She rejected him each time. Just the two of them in a closed room? She wouldn’t be able to concentrate, honestly.

“Your boyfriend is in third year too, why don’t you teach him?” Deoksun asked and earn herself a smack on her head.

“Don’t talk about that here!” she glared at her. “He’s doing fine on his own anyway. Unlike you.”

Deoksun rolled her eyes. Bora annoyed her too much every time she went home. She should stay in the gosiwon on the weekend too so she can study in peace.

The phone suddenly rang and they heard their mom picked it up. Bora and Deoksun looked at each other, panicked for a second. Their parents didn’t know that both of their daughters dated boys next door. They both went out to the living room when mom called Deoksun.

“Junghwan called,” her mom told her, looked a bit surprised that both of them went out to get the call. Bora sighed in relieve and went back to their room. Deoksun picked the call right away.

“Why are you calling at this hour?” Deoksun scolded him while whispering. He ignored her, of course. He never saw the point of hiding the fact that they were dating from their family. That was why he kept calling her any time he liked. He wanted her family to know.

“What are you doing?”

“Studying. What else?”

“Come to my house.”

“Why?”

“My mom made galbi.”

Deoksun rolled her eyes. This guy did all kind of things just to make her come to his house. He actually came up with different reasons almost every night.

“Deoksun-ah,” he called her name sweetly to persuade her.  

“Sooyeonie, you idiot. Don’t you want me to go to college?” Deoksun scolded him again.

“Sooyeon-ah,” he called her again.

“Aigoo, I got it. I’m coming,” Deoksun ended the call, smiling. She saw her mom was listening and she looked suspicious.

“Junghwan called a lot these days,” she said.

“I asked him to teach me math. I’m going to his house now,” Deoksun lied right away. Mom still didn’t look convinced but didn’t say anything else.

Deoksun went to her room and took her math book. She went outside and saw Junghwan was standing in front of his door, waiting for her. He smiled when he saw her.

“Yah!” Deoksun went to him, annoyed. “Stop being so obvious!”

Junghwan didn’t say anything. He just opened the door for her and let her in. The living room and dining room was empty.

“Where’s everyone?” she asked.

“My parents had dinner outside. Hyung’s on a date,” he answered, still smiling. He looked satisfied the one time Deoksun fell for his lie is when he was alone at his house.

“Yah!” Deoksun glared at him.

“Do you still want to eat the galbi?” Junghwan asked.

“Ah, never mind. I’m going back,” Deoksun turned around to go outside but Junghwan stopped her. He noticed the math book she was carrying.

“Why do you bring your math book?” he asked.

“I told mom I’m asking you to teach me math,” she answered.

“I can teach you for real,” he grinned. He dragged her to his room and made her sat on the bed. He then went out and brought back a small table. He sat on the floor, opening her math book. Deoksun sat in front of him reluctantly.

“What do you want to study? Trigonometry? Algebra?”

“Trigonometry,” she answered.

“Hmm,” Junghwan looked at her book, examining problems that she already did by herself. Deoksun stared at him. Did he always look this good or her stupidly-in-love-brain was deluding her.

“Why?” Junghwan smiled, knew she was staring without looking up.  

“Nothing,” she said, looked down right away.

“You can stare as much as you want,” he said, then laughed shyly right away. Deoksun scoffed.

“Aigoo, never mind,” she said.

Junghwan pointed at one problem that she didn’t finish. “You didn’t finish this one. You didn’t understand?”

She looked at the problem and nodded. Junghwan did it for her and explained it step by step.

“The three interior angles of triangle always added to 180o. You already have the two angles here, so this one must be 30 o,” Junghwan pointed the missing angle.

“Why always 180 o?” she asked.

“It’s just the way it is. You don’t have to know the calculations,” Junghwan answered. She accepted it without question. “If you already have the angle, you can find the length of this leg using the tangent.”

Deoksun still looked confused. She read again the solution that Junghwan did, trying to understand what Junghwan said.

“You know formula for the tangent right? Y divided by x,” Junghwan wrote it for her.

“But how do I know which one is y and which one is x?” Deoksun asked, feeling stupid.

“Yah, the horizontal one is x and the vertical one is y. Why didn’t you know?” Junghwan was getting irritated.

“Why are you getting angry?” Deoksun asked, equally annoyed. “You’re the one who want to teach me!”

“Aigoo,” Junghwan sighed and passed out on the floor, defeated. “This is why you don’t want to study together?”

Deoksun laughed. “No, because you’re too distracting.”

Junghwan sat up right away, smiling playfully. Deoksun scoffed, could read what was on his mind.

“I can distract you more,” he said, grinning.

“Yah, you’re the teacher here,” Deoksun frowned. Junghwan scooted closer to her, placing his arms on her waist and stole a kiss on her lips.

“Yah!” Deoksun glared at him. He was still smiling, unfazed. Deoksun sighed. “What if your parents come back?”

“They won’t for another hour,” he answered.

“Let me finish this one, then,” Deoksun focused on the problem once again. Junghwan pulled his arms and let her be. He kept staring though and it was still bothering her.

“Stop staring!” she snapped at him.

“Aish, I got it!” Junghwan sulked and climbed up his bed to give her some space. Deoksun ignored him and did over the problem until she understood. When she finally turned her head to look at him, he was reading a comic book. Deoksun scoffed, annoyed.

“When you ever study?” she asked.

“Yah, I’m not you,” Junghwan snorted.

“I never see you study these days,” she said, sat beside him on the bed. He shifted to give her space and held her shoulder.

“I studied a lot when I’m not with you so I don’t have to when we’re together,” he told her. It made her smile. Junghwan scoffed. “You won’t even come to my house.”

“Your mother is quick to catch on things like this,” she said.

“I’ll tell her before she find out, then,” he said.

“Yah!” Deoksun warned him while he laughed again. He looked better, laughing like that, rather than frowning all the time like he did a few months ago.

“What?” he asked when he caught her staring.

“You laugh a lot now,” she said.

“Thanks to you,” he whispered and smirked. They looked at each other for a while. She noticed how he stopped smiling and blinked a couple of times nervously. She knew he was thinking of kissing her. It made her nervous too. They were never really alone in a closed place like this before. Their kisses were always quick because they didn’t want to get caught by someone else. No one would catch them now. Frankly, it made Deoksun more nervous.

Junghwan leaned closer and kissed her lips. His hand touched her cheek as he tilted his head so he can kiss her deeper. Deoksun wondered how he got so good in this. He really did watch too much raunchy movies, she thought. He held her waist, shifted closer and closer. He pushed her to bed gently and it almost got too much for her.  

Suddenly they heard the front gates were opened. Junghwan pulled away and looked outside from the window. His breathing was heavy, as if he just sprinted for minutes. It made her remembered that night when they stuck in that small alley. The only difference was he didn’t look guilty now.

“It’s your dad,” Junghwan told her.

Deoksun pushed him away and sat down. “I better get back before your parents come,” she said. Junghwan scoffed. He stopped her when she tried to stand up.

“You got enough kiss for a night,” she said. Junghwan laughed at that and finally let her go.

“What are you doing after this?” he asked.

“Studying. You?”

“Same.”

“Let’s not study together again,” Deoksun said again. They looked at each other, grinning. “You’re too distracting.”

“Good distraction, though,” he smirked and lay down on his bed again. Deoksun shook her head in disbelief and walked to the door.

“Study well, Junghwan-ah,” she smiled at him.

“You too, Deoksun-ah,” he waved at her.

Deoksun was going to correct him but gave up and closed the door. She smiled and went outside. The front gates were opened just after she climbed down the stairs to her house. Junghwan’s parents came home. She smiled to herself and went inside.

Yeayyyy.. Kamsahamnida chingu-yah~ i always reading your fanfic every time i have a free time and i love it so much *sincerely*..please continue writing chingu,you have a talented to be a writer (romance novels) kekekkeke,i hope you will continue writing a fanfic even after this drama ended.. I will waiting for part 5..fighting... 

• Like 3