[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I seem to remember him saying "obsessive" in The Running Man episode (which I thoroughly enjoyed) and here it is... I tracked the longer interview down but the one I saw first was the actual Running Man episode. Love the bromance even in this interview.

They are such gorgeous boys... so completely different from the characters they play. Wonderful actors.

I can't recall where I got it from, perhaps it was due to different translation or I was just not paying too much attention to it or it is my memory who got the problem. LOL  This is the result of multitasking .... :D 

Thanks for the video! I haven't seen this.  As you said, Yes, they are!  I enjoy watching their brotherhood also.:heart: 

But, can you tell the 8 years age gap between them?  Seems that LJK is aging backwards.  :grin:

• Like 13

You know how they say when a child has grown up with abusive parents, whether verbal or physical or both, most of those kids end up doing the same damage to their own kids despite all the pain they went through. I kind of saw that streak with Gwangjong. He was so mean to his son with Yeon hwa, he kept calling it "that kid" as if it wasn't his kid and didn't want to talk to him or attend the birthday. It just mirrored that disgust and dislike that Queen Yoo treated him with and he will probably treat that son the same way and give the same scars and hurt... wow. its pretty sad. 

• Like 23

8 minutes ago, andy78 said:

I'M FINALLY READING

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Episode 20 (Final)

by HeadsNo2 | November 1, 2016 |

We must not have wished hard enough for an ending that would magically solve the issues endemic to this production, since I can think of no other reason why this happened. It could’ve been worse (they all can be worse), but it’s certainly not what we would’ve hoped to see at the end of this sometimes rewarding, sometimes grueling journey through a modern girl’s integration into a time far from her own. Which leaves us to wonder, was it all about love? Altering history? Fate working in very mysterious ways? Who knows. …No, really, does anyone know?

FINAL EPISODE RECAP

READ MORE IF YOU HAVE NOT YET

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-20-final/

THERE ARE SOME INTERESTING POSTS THERE

469 Comments ...WOW!

Ugh Dramabeans dissing MLSHR again. NO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DISS IT. ONLY WE, THE TRUE FANS, CAN. BUT WE WON'T. Lol

• Like 10

did'nt they say that there will be a episode all of it in 21 centery ? .. and i think they say it will be aired on 1/11 .. so lets think of it ,  they changed there mind ?? ..

cuz of the that ball game .. the finall ep turned to air on 1/11.. inststed of 31/10 ..

is there a hope that .. they will give us a sweat suprise gift on 7/11 ? 

• Like 2

I finally watched the whole versions of the finale with subs, and now I'm more of a blubbering mess. I watched the finale three times already, and the end results are still the same; I endlessly cried. The actors are good...very good...I don't care if they were bashed for bad actings, for me, they did a great job at portraying their characters despite all the messy editing and confusing script. I also want to take my words back about So dying alone in Goryeo. In the palace, maybe, but in Goryeo, he still have a piece of Hae Soo in their daughter. 

Moon Lovers ending has crept up to be one of the most memorable to me, maybe in my top three now, heheheee...first one would always be the ending of "The Sopranos". Like "The Sopranos", it did left me WTH-ing for a while, but when I think about it further...it actually make sense, pretty tragic, but beautiful at the same time.

The one that I still don't understand is the Goryeo painting. Hae Soo isn't a figure that is recorded in the history, right? Why all the painting has her face on it? Is it Ji Mong's doing? He's the one that recorded 'Hae Soo' when he got back in time?

On 11/2/2016 at 6:32 AM, millie10468 said:

The biggest question I'm interested in finding out people's thoughts to is: Whose ending makes you a blubbering mess, So or Soo's?

And I don't mean to imply that one suffered more over the other because, make no mistake, these two suffered the most of any other characters in the show. Therefore I'm not looking for answers like "Both of them" because that's pretty obvious.

I only want to put things in perspective (mostly for myself) because I found Soo's ending surprisingly tragic (I didn't think I'd feel all that bad for her, honestly) and the thought of her living with all those painful memories alone in the present guts me. The thought of So's horrible 26 years after he lost Soo makes me inconsolable.

But the pervasive thoughts of SoSoo's tragic end prevents me from moving on to the "Acceptance" portion of the stages of grief so I need a lot of help processing :bawling:.

Soo's ending for me...she got closure only when she's about to die (the musician's song,. In all fruitless moment of waiting, she constantly think that Wang So hated her greatly when she left the palace. At least So got closure long before his death, and Hae Soo, albeit not telling him anything, left a piece of her; their daughter. He can visit the kid from time to time if he misses Hae Soo, although it must be lowkey painful for him to see Hae Soo inside the daughter.

On 11/2/2016 at 9:02 AM, ruizaio said:

Ji Soo (who played Wang Jung) confirmed in an interview that there is a scene in modern times where future So and Ha Jin meet. He wondered if it would be included in a DVD release. Just like Jin Ki Joo (actress of CR), he confirmed that many scenes were deleted from each episode. All the more reason for a complete edition to come out...

Oh wow really? I'm pretty sad to hear this...although I loved the ending as it is, I also think it would be nice to see them meet in the future. Just the sight of them smiling to each other is enough for me. If only ISOI PPL weren't too long...we might get it. *sigh*

Also, if the DVD release is happening, I'm definitely going to buy it. I want to see them happy too after all the things they have been through! And can I ask you a question? How does the Korean fans react about the ending in general? Do most of them hate it or like some of us, actually liked it?

22 hours ago, Rose34 said:

Why do I feel the buzz for the drama will continue even when the dramas end? 

Can I point out again that the OSTs are flawless! BUT I really can't listen to Im Sun Hae's song. It is so sad, depressing, haunting yet beautiful. All the death scenes uses that. Ugh.

The newer actors and actresses' actings really improve over time, as the drama progresses. Their acting is the best at their final episode or at the latter end of the drama. I guess at that time they get the hang of the character and the camaraderie between the casts really improves. From the BTS, I can see that the casts have close working relationships. Love it! 

Despite the initial domestic backlashes and lower than expected ratings, the drama definitely has great hype, attention and buzz surrounding it. I think this is a unique kind of drama to Koreans...IU says this in the Vlive interview. All of the casts receive more attention. They should strike it while the iron is hot! Personally, I myself grows fond of the casts especially those I don't know before. I guess I can feel some genuine friendship, connection between the casts and that I am like going through the journey with them as well. I will keep a look-out on them. :wub:

This thread definitely can exceed 1900 pages! We are Top 5 Most Replies thread in Soompi's kdramas/movies section. If we exceed 2000 pages in some time soon, we will become Top 4. Lol! 

Ahahaa me too, I can't hear Im Sun Hae's song without tearing up now. Just the instrumental is also enough to make me feel sad, like in the latest Lee Joon Gi's Namoo Actors's BTS...I would forever associate the song with tragic death. And like you, I also grow fond of the cast, I'm definitely going to check out their previous works and looking forward to their future projects! :D

Off topic, I came across this song, and they lyrics immediately made me thought of So-Soo, their daughter, and also EunDeok couple. :tears: Please be happy in another life!

• Like 10

i can accept the ending. But it will be more happy ending more if we have that GHJ meet again with WS and she freely love him, caring him with no worry at all.

oh damn, still can't get over of MLSHR effect till now. It's really bad for my jobs. Make me not productive at all at office. :confounded:

i'm really want to know about it's really that their have scene where GHJ meet WS at 21th era ? but it's edit out ? really ? can anyone confirmed about this ?

why why after drama end, MLSHR still torture us like this. ohh damn :cold_sweat:

• Like 13

Guest ktiminie
33 minutes ago, glacial said:

For those confused, Soo was told about her baby when the doctor first checked her in the palace I think which is why when Wang Jung called for a doctor to check on her, she was nervous and she didn't want to get a check up, eventually he was shocked too that she's pregnant, the doctor couldn't feel the baby's pulse before because the pregnancy just happened but now it mustve been 2 months since then so he can already tell the baby is there. -- at one point i wondered if she had been honest to wang so that she wants  to leave because of their baby and doesn't want to raise the kid in the palace and endanger it, maybe he would've understood and agreed. But then I realized, the old wang so would've understood, but gwangjong would've been like possessive about the child also and probably would never let her and the kid leave which is why she did what she did and overplayed CR's death and all. 

Hi, I'm not sure about that because in the I-version (have to check that scene in the SBS one), when Jung calls for a doctor, it said:

Doctor: At the time you left the Palace, I couldn't fell the baby pulse. But...

Hae Soo: It was early then. You could have missed it.

vEizze.png

Jvs9Lb.png

lwcU5w.png

KeCzsq.png

Edited by ktiminie
screencaps added

I read people were speculating that the HS-WS future meeting would be shown in the 2 specials but according to wikipedia they have already aired. 1st on 27 Aug and 2nd on 14 Sep. Well there goes my hopes and dreams out the window :(

• Like 13

Can stop watching the last two episodes of this drama and while a tyrant of a king would never be a good thing, i cant help but wonder why did it have to come at that cost.  I appreciate that in the story she had to get out of the palace etc.  But it seemed as thou for his life as king it was said justly at the end, it came at a price.

For she was the cause of the lot of it and the part i resent about the whole story is despite WS really going through being unloved, she made him feel that all the way through with only the occasional glimmer of love or respect here or there.  Most of it was fauned off to everyone else.

The most cruel act was how she got out of the palace.  She wanted out and maybe any other way he might not of let her out but of all things to throw in his face that your whole love was a lie.  Okay granted she wrote him the letters which he never got to read but paper does not console the living who are left behind.  In the end HS and her husband who gave the appearance of being the purest out of the whole saga ripped him apart. 

Granted the husband was grieving and shocked at loosing his wife and best friend and granted he have the look of shock and horror at realising WS didnt know.  But for me i wanted him to suffer more to realise that he could of been there and she would not of suffered as greatly if it wasnt for him.  (yeah i know WS should of read them etc.but also everything it pointed at always being WS doing, for once i want someone else to feel remorse for it).

Even at the end despite being confined to his house for life even he realised the magnitude of WS being king and the price it cost.  I would of wanted to see her husband have at lease some decency realising at the end he was the one responsible for keeping them apart.

So sorry for those who supported her and the reasons behind it etc, but not how she went about it, she left him at the end alone and gutted and helpless and even at the end knowing the child was alive and even he could not be near her either, be it king duties or the husband (sorry i liked him until the final parts now i just resent him completely).

• Like 5

I think Jimong went back in time the same time as Ha-jin. He was that drunkard. But he went a bit further in time than Ha-jin and into a child, instead of a teenager like Ha-jin. That's why earlier in the series he mentioned he was considered very mature for his age. And like Ha-jin his time in the past came to an end when he reached the age he was when he went to the past. When he comes back he remembers better than Ha-jin. Since he now has lots of history knowledge he becomes a guide/historian. It's been 2 years since the drowning incident when he meets with Ha-jin so I think he has had enough time to get his life together. 

I think HS changed history, but that doesn't mean she comes out at a different timeline from when she drowned. I think she just remembered the purges and the bloody history. Although since Jimong mentioned that Yo is not supposed to be king, maybe it's a different timeline (or he also didn't recall correctly).

I don't get why people think LJG was overacting in the urn/ashes scene. If you look at the dialogue how else is he supposed to act but deranged? It would be so confusing if he were calmer, I would be more concerned for WS mental health and would think he's lost it for good instead of temporarily being overwrought. Instead it's just the writing that is super melodramatic and could've been handled a bit more gently. 

Out of all the actors I only got from KHN a strong sense of the character becoming older, it was really a pleasure to watch.

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, ktiminie said:

Hi, I'm not sure about that because in the I-version (have to check that scene in the SBS one), when Jung calls for a doctor, it said:

Doctor: At the time you left the Palace, I couldn't fell the baby pulse. But...

Hae Soo: It was early then. You could have missed it.

Yeah. This part is a bit ambiguous but personally I think that Soo knew about her baby already-- the way she doesn't respond in shock upon news of a baby, and how she says "it was early then". She was probably missing her period for two months, then the baby arrived six months later. Making it 8 months? Which is early but still possible to have a healthy baby. 

• Like 10

I just realize that we have lost forever the chance of knowing: 

1) What was the real Soo doing in the royal bath? What was she doing in the water? Was it accident or suicide? CR was the one who knew about the cave but why did she take Soo there?

2) Why did Queen Yo hate So so much? The level of hate was unbelievable, and we know it was more than because of the scar. She hated him just the same way when his scar was covered, and knowing her ambition to be queen mother, he must hate him so much to not accepting that title when his son finally became a king. What's the reason?

3) Was GHJ actually drown in that lake? Her encounter with JM, was that real or a dream? If it was real, then can we assume that the time speed was different so 10 years in Goryeo was equal to only few seconds or minutes in modern time? Thus she was drown but saved (and that was when her soul returned to the future) and she forgot it all (just as her dying wish) but her subconscious retained those memories and they came back through her dream? And JM only pretended to be beggar to bring GHJ back to the past? Did he hold the key to bring people back and forth the future? Lol

How I wish to get into the writer's mind. So many questions left unanswered.

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

Can stop watching the last two episodes of this drama and while a tyrant of a king would never be a good thing, i cant help but wonder why did it have to come at that cost.  I appreciate that in the story she had to get out of the palace etc.  But it seemed as thou for his life as king it was said justly at the end, it came at a price.

For she was the cause of the lot of it and the part i resent about the whole story is despite WS really going through being unloved, she made him feel that all the way through with only the occasional glimmer of love or respect here or there.  Most of it was fauned off to everyone else.

The most cruel act was how she got out of the palace.  She wanted out and maybe any other way he might not of let her out but of all things to throw in his face that your whole love was a lie.  Okay granted she wrote him the letters which he never got to read but paper does not console the living who are left behind.  In the end HS and her husband who gave the appearance of being the purest out of the whole saga ripped him apart. 

Granted the husband was grieving and shocked at loosing his wife and best friend and granted he have the look of shock and horror at realising WS didnt know.  But for me i wanted him to suffer more to realise that he could of been there and she would not of suffered as greatly if it wasnt for him.  (yeah i know WS should of read them etc.but also everything it pointed at always being WS doing, for once i want someone else to feel remorse for it).

Even at the end despite being confined to his house for life even he realised the magnitude of WS being king and the price it cost.  I would of wanted to see her husband have at lease some decency realising at the end he was the one responsible for keeping them apart.

I understand how you feel. WangSo's life really sucks. It was also such a silly blunder for Jung to place HaeSoo's letter in an envelope addressed from him. I'm not sure why he felt that HaeSoo's handwriting being similar to WangSo's would lead to suspicion-- can someone share? I have not watched enough of sageuk dramas I think. Even if he felt the handwriting was similar, he could still tell the messenger to say that it is from HaeSoo, no? Or use a code-name... I don't know.

• Like 5