[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Just now, Sharine Phinisia said:

My mom said that this ending successfully evoke our feelings... and now I think perhaps that's their aim... so viewers will not forget the ending without crying-bawling-screaming death for writer and PD and discuss it vigorously all over the internet. Think about it, a crappy ending would be an ending to be forgotten and not even worthy to talk about, right? The fact that everyone (including me) screams for blood and murder for the scar they inflicted on us serve the impact they need.

Comparing it to other drama with happy, fluffy, sweet ending that only serves to end the drama in a sweet note... I just swoon over it for seconds and forget it the next day. At this point happy ending is too much, I just need a closure. :tears:

Yup, agree with you and your mom. Happy ending is nice but you will forget about it in a week. But this kind of ending (even tho it is hurt like hell) will burn into your soul and leave forever mark there. And it will says

"Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo Was Here !!!"

Boy, how good they are to make us crazy :crazy:

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

My mom said that this ending successfully evoke our feelings... and now I think perhaps that's their aim... so viewers will not forget the ending without crying-bawling-screaming death for writer and PD and discuss it vigorously all over the internet. Think about it, a crappy ending would be an ending to be forgotten and not even worthy to talk about, right? The fact that everyone (including me) screams for blood and murder for the scar they inflicted on us serve the impact they need.

Comparing it to other drama with happy, fluffy, sweet ending that only serves to end the drama in a sweet note... I just swoon over it for seconds and forget it the next day. At this point happy ending is too much, I just need a closure. :tears:

Your mom:wub:...

this drama is not easy to forget... even most of us mad about the ending... still this is drama which consume our time and emotion.. and admit it... we like it and we wait for it ... re-watch the episode (it happen to me hihihi)

We till like this forum.. reading member analysis... how upset we are... how happy we are... laugh, cry and mad together in virtual world :wub:

• Like 11

7 hours ago, yuhotarubi said:

Guys check this out quickly

I really didn't think they would actually do it !!! I still didn't watch it so I don't know how these people reacted, but I really hope they decide to watch the drama :)

They were watching the 6 minutes trailer and their reaction were kinda funny, one even wondered if this turned into family drama when they saw the scene where Queen Yo said his son had to be a king lol they found the drama had a lot happening but most of them were interested to watch this drama. Such a good news.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, cojulie said:

Drowned and went back in time to meet this:

Woke up alive to meet this: 

Somebody push HS back into another pond or something.

LOLOLOLOLOL! Thank you so much for that much needed laughter to counter the heartache of the finale! :lol:

• Like 17

34 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Ji Soo (who played Wang Jung) confirmed in an interview that there is a scene in modern times where future So and Ha Jin meet. He wondered if it would be included in a DVD release. Just like Jin Ki Joo (actress of CR), he confirmed that many scenes were deleted from each episode. All the more reason for a complete edition to come out...

So maybe this was the original idea, make them meet in the future. I think what PD Nim said about the happy ending and then LJG about the same was for this scene, but something happened while the drama was airing that they decided to cut it of the finale. Maybe was due to the low rating, or maybe by comparison that constantly people made with the C-version and they didn't want to do a similar ending so they opted for the open ending.  

I really don't understand what was the purpose, if from the beginning they had this idea, why cut it from the final version when probably it will help to give a proper closure to Wang So and Hae Soo's story. Lot of people are complaining because are not satisfied with the end, in my case I was beginning to accept but now with this I'm upset again. If they weren't sure to add it because it would be a problem then why not put it as an epilogue in a special episode.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Now that I've watched it with subs... I can safely say I really, really liked the finale. It's even better with the subs. I bought every single thing in this episode including Jeong which was the part I was least happy about going in. But they sold it. His simple-mindedness became his greatest asset and his scenes with Su were really sweet and beautiful. Simplicity is what she needed after so much death and complicated. 

Oh. My. Goodness... Wang So's love for Su is just epic beyond belief. All-consuming, all-encompassing... crossing time and space. Now I understand what LJG meant by obsessive. But "obsessive" is an understatement. This was beyond obsessive. This is Prometheus-defy the gods, defy Heaven, defy fate kind of love. The proverbial middle finger to the universe. Man... I hope he succeeds. Maybe if he catches the next eclipse or creates his own. Seeing that it's So... you know what... he might actually do it... Someone give him a cape, after all he's already got a mask... an entire collection of it... and the man's already halfway to being some kind of superhero anyway.

The gallery of Goryeo pictures made so much more sense the second time. Oh. My. Goodness. I don't know if it was the writer and PD's intention but I really thought So was sending Su messages from the past. "I will never let you go. You made me a better man. Don't forget me. Wait. I will come for you." That was just mind-blowingly epic. Yeah, what's a thousand years between us? Pffft. 

I adored jealous So... spying on the married couple... throwing tantrums at the palace. This is the kind of stuff I die for in K dramas. :D I loved the angst and everyone turned it on. LJG, LJE, the PD and the writer. What was incredibly heart-breaking was all that misunderstanding until she died. Letters not read. Things not said. The realisation on her part that the opposite of love is not hate (as she had feared) but leaving was quite profound and palpable with regret. She was so afraid that hate would come between them and thought that leaving would preserve the memories that she didn't realise that leaving would be even worse and a lot more painful. 

There are interesting parallels with the Cowherd and Weaver story that was briefly mentioned in Ep. 17... when I saw him mention it last week... I thought... my OTP... they are truly doomed. Love between persons from different worlds were a big no-no... so they were punished.

I imagine too that Ji Mong is some kind of heavenly messenger. He's definitely fibbing when he says he's only an observer. He's far more than that. Far, far more. I haven't decided if he was deliberately trying to trigger Su's memory or trying to make sure she didn't remember anything. However, the line that everything is back to what they should be, swings me towards the latter. Still I reserve the right to change my mind on this. ;) 

The daughter was also a nice touch. Although for So it's a double-edged sword. Yes, there's a bit of him and Su left in Goryeo but he can't have the child by his side. Nevertheless it seems he will get uncle visits if he's not busy looking for Su somewhere in time and space. Initially I thought it wasn't really necessary to have the piggy-back scene as I thought So revealing his scar was enough for me. Yay, the wolf that mates for life was back. However, looking at it again, the piggy-back scene it seemed to me exemplified that sort of defiance of convention and rules that their entire relationship was based on. I loved the way he cast his eye around to see if anyone was looking and then told her to get on. That was so him... and them. ;) 

I also really liked ageing, sickly Uk. KHN was superb and one could feel the gravitas... He really is such a talented kid... absolutely a star in the making. I expect we'll see him in more lead roles in future, if he chooses to do them.

There's one thing that K drama actors generally excel in... and that's crying. There was so much weeping in the last couple of episode and everyone did it brilliantly. Even the scumbag Won had tears in his eyes... and I actually thought they looked genuine.

Just my initial thoughts. May have more later. But right now I need a nap... I'm such a zombie after staying up late last night.

The feeling is mutual. :)  I thought I can ignore this thread after the final episode and focus on what I need to get done BUT i can't help it.:blush:

I was a little sad watching it last night without the sub.  Now that I finally done watching with sub, just like you, I am satisfied ... felt good about other characters too.  What makes me more happy is So meeting his daughter, so cute.  At least he has something that not only reminds him with HS, but something that could make him less lonely although she could visit the palace only once in a while.  Seems that GJ doesn't care about his children with YH but he adores his daughter with Soo although he wasn't aware she's his yet.  I love that part.

I was really disappointed with HS in episode 19 for leaving So just like that, but knowing that it was for her baby's sake, I understood her decision.  Though, misunderstandings robbed them the opportunity to be together before she died, at least it was all cleared even if it's too late. As expected, their good memories together helped them get through rough times and most likely as they move on with their separate lives.

WS's love for HS, I couldn't find the exact words to describe it BUT indeed it is an epic one.  I think LJK said possessive not obsessive, if my memory serves me right. Being possessive is not always a negative thing for me because nobody wants to be possessive of something they doesn't want to possess.  When we have something that our hearts truly desires, the proof of that is PURSUIT.  Whatever it is, it can only be a failure if we give up.  We all have seen that with GJ and though the journey is quite arduous, he won the battle.  No wonder he was always jealous too.  I guess both of them are the same .... they don't want to share what's theirs, Soo hates polygamy while So hates to see her close with another man.

I think I'll be re-watching this drama until I have enough ..... that's my withdrawal pill, always.

• Like 14

Hi cingu

I always been a silent reader from the start but now I cant help to share my thought about the ending of this drama.

Instead of saying a happy ending or sad ending i think this drama had a beautiful ending. It's like I don't need to see any future so or princes to meet ha jin but the ending is just beautiful. The scene where ha jin suddenly remember everything that happened in goryeo by looking at those paintings gave me chills. This kind of ending is just something we need to always remember how beautiful this story. The whole story is beautiful isnt it? I enjoyed this drama and will be my favorite kdrama.

Sorry to say for those who wants to see the future So. I even think it will ruined this drama if  the ending is ha jin meet future wang so, it's kinda too cheesy hehe. ✌

• Like 22

28 minutes ago, sooji28 said:

OH MY GOD!!!

Why did the director cut THAT SCENE!!!!

I'm so furious right now. I think i'm going to cry and weep all day. And call office: sick leave.

For the sake of history, what else could it be??

PD-nim!! I hate you!

I saw Wiki and it said that there are 2 special episodes, is it true?? Well, at least give us BTSs, and i'll shut my mouth happily. B)

• Like 6

About HS's baby (just want to answer some of your question ^_^), why she is already that big after being born and already has a full head of hair, apparently some babies can born with full head of hair :) I even search for it because I want to know how old was the baby when HS died. So there are two alternatives of time:

1. The baby was born with full head of hair and HS died shortly from giving birth. I don't really know what is the normal newborn-baby size but the size looks normal  to me :) it's just the sound of the baby's crying that didn't sounded natural. I mean the baby looked so quiet when being shown to Jung by their maid but the sound of her crying was loud. It's weird lol

2. The time has already skipped for months (without proper acknowledgement to us)  before HS died so the baby was already become bigger. Another clue was HS sent WS lots of letters (she started sending it after the baby was born) but still no reply after all those time. That lots of letter she sent indicate time has passed whether it's for weeks or months. Well there's probability maybe she sent it everyday, but HS believed that WS will immediately come after he read her letter so HS may have already waited at least for days/weeks before she start sending a new letter.

• Like 12

With LJG saying he prefer Yeonhwa personally? Did they ask if it's WS or LJG's POV? I mean that's the safest way to answer, IU has a boyfriend it'll just buzz ruckus and it's not healthy for a newly found friendship.. trying to be positive here~

cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif

but LJG-shi why do sparks fly with every bts of you and IU?  embarrassed3-onion-head-emoticon.gif  JK! 

Just a shipper thing

yellow-onion-head-emoticon-34.gif 

52 minutes ago, lazyme2day said:

Fans are signing a petition for a sequel. :lol:

463 to go guys it'll reach 5k already! *cross fingers* we had been massacred already why not be hopeful one last time? victory-onion-head-emoticon.gif
  • Like 19

i thought i was ready having watched the original and crying over it but i realized watching it live, i was not ready for this k-version. i cant bring myself to watch the sub.. yet i d-led just in case i changed my mind and be brave...

now is 'all souls day' in our country.. last night my heart is aching that this drama ended, that our heroine died, OTP were centuries away, and while im trying to heal my broken heart because of this story (by sleeping), then my friend visited me in my dreams and i also have to say goodbye to him (its been a year).. shocks, talk about farewells...

• Like 10

:bawling:it's ended already, daebak saeguk drama ever i'm seen this far in k-drama land. usually i'm not really like saeguk drama.

but MLSHR exception. :blush:.

Hopefully that deleted scene of GHJ meet again weet WS and all princes in 21th will release soon as 1 episode with 1 hour long duration special edition of MLSHR. pleaaseee make it happen.

• Like 11

17 hours ago, zi4r said:

Dear MLSHR fanfiction writers, (especially @kdramawriter & @ladyfriday)

For those of you interested, here are a few stories I'm CRAZY about right now:

If you need some help recovering from MLSHR trauma and want some alternative storyline, I suggest you give them a try.

I think I'll do that.. the post trauma of watching last 2 episodes is still lingering in my head... wae?! thinking.. thinking.. thinking.. thanks for the links, thanks fanfiction writers.. please be k-drama scriptwriters at k-dramaland soon coz u guys know what truly deeply expected, it may not be happy ending but a satisfactory justified ending is good enough.

• Like 12