[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

51 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

My heart still hurts for SO. He is the most pitiful character from beginning to end. Was it that hard to give him a little happiness with his daughter? :tears:

He is the most pitiful character I've seen in any drama. I'd like to think that he was happy enough to have his daughter visiting him occasionally, that's why he released Jung from his homebound. He couldn't acknowledge her openly because then she would be a princess and have to enter the palace. So knew what kind of place the palace was. His daughter entering the palace would be the last thing he wanted.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, magdale said:

I need asap a good explanation from the writer and the director, I feel it has been a hasty end, without giving answers of nothing. Ha Jin just woke up in the present and only until the end she was aware that she traveled in time. There was no explanation of what happened when she fell into the water and the subsequent events, it is as if the fall into the water was also part of the dream. I don't know if any of you've saw the serie Dallas, if it so you remember when Pamela woke up from a dream and saw Bobby in the shower, then everything that happened in that season including his death was a dream. It seems what here happened almost the same, as if they had not had an original idea to end the story, different from the Chinese, and it was turned to see Ha Jin in a museum looking at the drawings and then she cried upon seeing the picture of Wang So alone knowing its sad destiny. I didn't like the end I think that this story needed a better conclusion.

It may be that the development has had problems of editing and other things, but deserved a better ending in accordance with what we saw for more than two months. It doesn't bother me that they didn't meet in the future, even when this would have been fine because at least it would have given hope that their love survived the passage of time. But I think, as someone said, this story was not the story of Ha Jin traveling to Goryeo and everything she experienced, in reality this was the story of Wang So and how she helped him to become Gwangjong.

I don't think that we give our point of view and say that we don't like the end, it is bad for the cast and production team, is quite the opposite. For months we have spoken well of the positive part, but we must recognize that the end did not satisfy many and  in my opinion it wasn't a good conclusion. The end was quite unbalanced, as if it were an independent entity from the rest of the story. 

Yes, we excuse them too many times, at least until now... don't get me wrong, what attracts me to this drama is its subtlety, but being subtle is not the same as expecting the viewers to become the mind readers :(  

I love angsty plot. my sister compared this ending with the ending from anohana anime. the ending of this anime has the same wrenching-your-gut-kind of feeling, but it TIES ALL THE LOOSE ENDS and GIVE THE HERO AND HEROINE THE VERY CLOSURE THEY NEED. while this... it's angsty, successfully tugged your heartstrings but brutally pointless... that flashback ending wouldnt sway me. no fluffiness would sway me at this point -_-

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I kinda like the thought of this possibility. Thanks for sharing. It soothes my bleeding heart. Now I think I can go to sleep.

What I also want to add in is that maybe Jimong feels guilty for breaking WS-HS up cause he knows how history has to go and HS was never meant to be queen. He let the love blossom between WS and HS cause Jimong knows that in order for WS to be king, he needed somebody to encourage him and tell him its okay to be one. He practically use HS so she can be a king maker and help WS become king as he's suppose to be in history but then she's not suppose to be the queen since its YH. So I feel that Jimong understood that HS even though she didn't belong to the Goryeo era and her love story with WS was destroyed that in this life he wants to make sure they are together. I believe that he feels guilty for causing the couple to drift apart just to make sure history is in tact but now since they are in present time, they are the one writing history and there is no need for any restrictions cause its modern day. 

So Jimong want to make sure Ha Jin understand that what she experience is all real. She did time travel, she was involve in all their lives. Cause if you noticed when she was advertising the products he told her what was in it and he knew it would trigger her memories so he wanted her to know that it was never a dream. There is somebody out there waiting for you and you need to find him 

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, lilac_alex said:

I think the moment when WS comments that the kid looks too big to be Jung's daughter then proceeds to ask him her age would indicate that he did the math in his head.  The kids age plus 9 months baking period as suppose to marriage period with HS.  Plus at this time, WS had read all of HS's letters (confirming their only love for each other) so that would have meant being faithful only to WS til the end of her life.  

So with these thoughts in his head and Jung kneeling to plead that the daughter remain with him, WS decides to lift Jung's exile and encourages him to visit the palace.  Most probably with thoughts of subtlety hanging out with HS 2.0.  You know come up with inviting all nieces and nephews to crown prince birthday party.  But yeah like you said WS accepts HS's last wishes not to claim her so she can live outside the palace (away from the danger ie YH) under Jung's protection.

Maybe that kid is the great great great great grandmother of Go Ha Jin :lol:

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

No he knows. Jung said HS doesn't want her daughter to live in the palace. If it is Jung's child, why would she live in the palace especially Jung is forbidden in the palace.

Wang So knows that is her child from the hair pin and asking about her age.

Well atleast there.. something..

Question:

Does JM have a secret crush on HS??? .. He didn't allow any prince to be with her...and well followed her into the past and into the future...

:angry:

• Like 24

reading those comments won't give me courage nor strength to sit and watch episode 19 and 20! Really really really sad to hear  that this amazing drama with this amazing leads to be a victim of sloppy editing . Cutting important scenes and filling the time with trivial stories killed the brilliance of this master-piece. The journey is sad and but their love will have a happy ending , they said. Well, feed that to the dog, instead. I am anxious and depressed as I am right now. I don't want more drama in my drama.

giphy.gif

Anyways thanks to all the amazing people, who made this thread an amazing place to read their excellent analysis of the characters and the amazing GIFs , pics , fan-arts, MVs etc.

Thank you and I will be back  in few days for sure after watching the two last episodes. #Anyeong!

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, babypillow said:

LJK - he deserves an acting award for this series. Despite some parts of the storyline which is abit off ..... his acting is totally 1st Class. 

I have said this and will say it again, his face, eyes, muscles, so much emotions without words. Simply amazing and breath taking watching his acting. 

Totally agree.

Some of the scenes like: When he revealed his scar at Eun's birthday, laughing hysterically after slashing Eun, crying in HS's arm after he thought he killed Yo.. crying after revenge at Queen Yoo's death bed, looking at HS's wedding dress, and today's after reading HS's letter.. 

You can feel the deep agony running all through him. His facial expressions are all spot on.. you'll feel like the hurt is yours and can't help but get teary eyes together with him..

• Like 10

@ruizaio

And what was the fans' reaction? And if it was as negative as we are feeling here.. anything fro LJG in the end? even a bbye? or backdoor exit?

I JUST WANT SBS TO PUBLICALY ISSUE A STATEMENT SAYING.. " We support fans in asking the Director and the Editing team to publically apologize to fans all over"

And somebody make those two teams APOLOGIZE!!!.. Somebody should if they have even iota of respect for the fans 

• Like 9

im stressed right now, but partly satisfied with ending, maybe about 80%. it made me happy that the last line of WS was to find HS in the future... but well, the future WS was nowhere to be found. ALSO, they didnt say how Hajin was saved from drowning? (well i couldnt understand her conversation with her collegues) or it might just be that it was all a dream for her???

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

What I also want to add in is that maybe Jimong feels guilty for breaking WS-HS up cause he knows how history has to go and HS was never meant to be king. He let the love blossom between WS and HS cause Jimong knows that in order for WS to be king, he needed somebody to encourage him and tell him its okay to be one. He practically use HS so she can be a king maker and help WS become king as he's suppose to be in history but then she's not suppose to be the queen since its YH. So I feel that Jimong understood that HS even though she didn't belong to the Goryeo era and her love story with WS was destroyed that in this life he wants to make sure they are together. I believe that he feels guilty for causing the couple to drift apart just to make sure history is in tact but now since they are in present time, they are the one writing history and there is no need for any restrictions cause its modern day. 

So Jimong want to make sure Ha Jin understand that what she experience is all real. She did time travel, she was involve in all their lives. Cause if you noticed when she was advertising the products he told her what was in it and he knew it would trigger her memories so he wanted her to know that it was never a dream. There is somebody out there waiting for you and you need to find him 

I'll take this as answer why Jimong is there

• Like 8

1 minute ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Well atleast there.. something..

Question:

Does JM have a secret crush on HS??? .. He didn't allow any prince to be with her...and well followed her into the past and into the future...

:angry:

LOL. Chingu thank you for cheering me up :D

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

It might be quicker if you think about the ending :D

Haha! :D To be honest I kind of like the ending. I know we were missing the 21st century WS, I was thinking they will show that too. I've already prepared myself as I know that this drama is set up as a tragedy so I'm a bit skeptical on how they will show a happy ending without looking like it's forced. The ending was enough for me, but I wouldn't mind for some rumored cut ending scenes! But since I've followed this drama months ago (ever since LJK was rumored to be offered the role), it will take me some time to let go. 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

I'll take this as answer why Jimong is there

They should have atleast shown a scene where JM leaves a letter for GJ/WS..

The letter tells him how to use eclipse ( let's say 20 yrs later so that he can fulfill his duties of a king) to time travel.

Or maybe that did happen offscreen adn the fact that JM mentions that HS was not from this world.. which given the background, i am tempted to believe that WS would have believed it.. late king believed it.. and WS knows JM is not senile

PS: In history 9th is supposed to die isn't it? And he doesn't? whereas everyone else does?

What are the rules of time travel?

- eclipse you time travel.. to your counterpart body in other timelines..

but then to make a return journey same rule shoudl apply no?

• Like 7

fans just need a little bit of closure... is it too much to ask for, pd nim? :tears: i think we're all frustrated because you gave us the expectation that there will be a happy ending. Our high expectations gave us mega huge disappointments. Don't promise us things that you can't deliver! I demand a happy special episode NAOOOOOO :tears:

• Like 6