[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

18 minutes ago, Shiori Me said:

Gongdeok can someone explain to me why it is not called Gwangjong in the drama? Is this a mistake or was made with intention. Episode 18 ???

I was wondering about that as well. Maybe how the change came from Gongdeok to Gwangjong will have something to do with HS? 

• Like 5

I took the prince soulmate quiz that was posted earlier, and I must say, it's pretty accurate and I like that this website posts the rankings of the other contenders because boy, that would've been so confusing if I didn't know......

Honestly, I was shocked that I got the tenth prince, I thought I would get Wang So or Jung like I did before, but then when I saw the other prince's rankings, it made quite a lot of sense, and am quite happy with the results (Except Won, but it's not too bad)!! ^-^ I would love a quirky side to WS, but honestly, WS is basically a cute puppy when vulnerable

Shout out to the person who posted it here! It's so hard to find the OP with so many posts on here lol

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/8518626/Which-Scarlet-Heart-Ryeo-Prince-is-your-soulmate

Your answers
10th prince Wang Eun
4th prince Wang So
13th prince Baek Ah
8th prince Wang Wook
9th prince Wang Won
14th prince Wang Jung
3rd prince Wang Yo
  • Like 7

If Jung doesn't allow WS to see HS before her death or after, he'll move up to the hate list #1. His stupidity and one-sided love is clouding his decisions. I'm not against him leaving with HS if she really does leave and seek out peace. But he better not interrupt when WS and HS want to be together, we NEED them.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, briseis said:

Never Letting Go

“I have to live with you. Let’s live together. Marry me.” 

Unfortunately, in the Goryeo Era not even the third time is the charm. Only a complete masochist and sucker for punishment proposes twice in the same week after getting rejected the first time. Any other man would have given up a long time ago, but WS even after all those years of rejections keeps soldiering on like a trooper, even though his heart breaks each time. He hasn’t changed at all - it’s so similar to the time 8 years ago when he came to her from Later Jin and she rejected him, only for him to return days later, asking her to marry him and getting rejected again.

Spoiler

IcnEx8B.png

“I cannot. I cannot do anything for you except provide comfort. It will be hard for me to marry you.“ 

Their night out together is the one moment of selfishness HS allows herself, stealing the king himself from the Palace, to have him completely for herself one last time before she sends him away to an other woman. It’s relatable, but absolutely cruel towards Wang So, that she knows the whole time SO WANTS TO PROPOSE TO HER and that she will reject him and that she will hurt him BUT STILL WANTS TO HEAR HIM PROPOSE TO HER, WANTS THAT ONE MOMENT OF PERFECT HAPPINESS. She said it to Jimong herself, didn’t she? That she’s been WAITING A LONG TIME for this, to finally be with WS - she’s been constantly waiting and THAT’S HER BIGGEST MISTAKE IN AN ERA with a short life expectancy, where people could get killed each day or die from disease. WHILE WAITING for the right moment SHE MISSED SO MANY CHANCES, LET SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES PASS BY, she was always living and hoping for future that wasn’t guaranteed, and now it’s simply too late. On the other hand, So, who knows how precious and short-lived is each happy moment, has wanted to live with her from the beginning, to live for the moment not caring about the future. 

Spoiler

UCfxwcS.png

“I will not give up on you over that scar. No one can force me to. I won’t give up either.” 

Some people say that they want back the wild WS who didn’t care about rules defied everyone and who would do anything for HS, BUT HE IS STILL THAT WS, HE HASN’T CHANGED AT ALL. He is ready to FIGHT THE WHOLE WORLD FOR HER (just like he did many times before) - HE’S READY TO WEATHER THE STORM, PREPARED TO ABOLISH A CENTURIES-OLD STUPID RULE ABOUT SCARS, FIGHT THE CLANS AND ALL FOR HER, SO HE COULD MAKE HER HIS QUEEN! And you know that in the end, he would have won because he’s smart and ruthless, he would go over dead bodies to achieve it, but all Goryeo kings went over dead bodies. It’s HER WHO IS GIVING UP, who is afraid to fight for them - it’s because she wants to stop bloodshed and to protect him, but the truth it’s noble idiocy in it’s purest form. In the end, HS hasn’t changed either.

“Even if I can’t marry you you can’t leave me. I won’t let you go. You have to be mine. You can’t go anywhere. I will never allow it. You are my only queen.” 

In the end, HE RESPECTS HER DECISION no matter how much it hurts him and gives her the only promise he can give her now - to be hers in all ways if he cannot be with her in name. However, after So’s tear falls the expression in his eyes promises RETRIBUTION to everyone WHO HURT THEM, TORN THEM APART AND TRIED TO CONTROL THEIR LIVES.

Spoiler

pRb8H74.png

Well, hell. Your post just made me sad again. I especially agree with the highlighted part. He was looking mighty beat down in the throne room when HS came in with the masks, but he STILL proposes to her and says no one can make him give her up. DESPITE the fact that EVERYONE is telling him to give her up. He was ready to go through hell just to have her. I just wish HS wouldn't just throw promises out like they're candy if she's only going to break them. I get it, when she said it, she had every intention of staying by his side. But what she should have said was, "I'm not going to leave you... as long as things go my way." Because as soon as things got hard and her love was truly tested, she bounced.

On the other hand. I feel ya, girl. If I witnessed my best friend being beaten to death in a bloody fruit roll up, I would be scarred for life. Never mind what my friend did to deserve it, the image would still be burned in my mind... Honestly, if all Soo truly wanted was to be with WS, she just needs to keep her head down and focus on him. But that's not who HS is... she loves deeply and she loves many. She can't just ignore injustices, even for the sake of love. I just wish she would try to figure out a solution instead of just running away.

• Like 21

in BBJX 8th being punish by kneeling for the whole day for whatever reason that i did't really remember.. when RX know this she try to make a point by kneeling too but 4th give a royal order to not kneeling cause he know how weak RX is.. being a stuborn person she is RX stand the whole night and this make 4th goes really mad about RX.. in the end 4th let 8th go...

so the theory about Su will try to save WW for the last time might be true.. its against her life principle that So try to get revenge by setting a trap and basically want to punish WW because he wanted too.. don't get me wrong WW is really evil and he deserve that but for me its not saving WW but saving So that she try to do.. just like BA said its not about sibling fight anymore its a king and his subject... Su will try not to get more bloodbath on So hand and he did promise her not to kill any of his brother so i kinda want to know what she will do...

Su try  to save WW i think will make WW think back what he done.. his sister is against him and in the end the one that he try to get revenge by destroying her relationship help him too... in BBJX 8th actually said he wish that RX would stop caring about other people cause its make it hard for her heart cause its her against king... 

for me WW will tell his relationship just like 8th do and dies... pretty sure he will cause when he told So about it he looked sick.. the anger and jealousy that So have because after all this time Su still care about WW and remember he did said don't care about other but him in ep 17.. it may look like a joke but he really showing his possessiveness and Su being Su just have enough with his way in relationship... 

i used to said that in the end Su will still care about WJ , WW and CR even when they doing something bad because even she mad or hate them at one point they will always be her family.. So can't and won't accept her way of caring other people cause just like his mom he want Su for himself... 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, misspiggie said:

LJG has been given several accolades: 

美男人 (Beautiful Man):  

Those eyes!!! They are considered the most classic & beautiful in past eras (esp. if on a woman) -- single-eyelid & long in length. That "Beautiful Man" title probably came from his performance in The King & The Clown. I saw several stills & am already blown away, WOW, beautiful indeed!

演什么像什么 (Whatever role he's in, it comes alive with his performance): 

This sentence pertains to his past roles. Many critics rips MLSHR apart in its first few episodes but praised that only LJG makes it worth watching -- half his face covered but he still carries the show with his performance ... and acting with one eye at that (I whole-heartedly agrees)!!! His presence alone just overshadows all other actors, especially when the royalties gather. 

MLSHR caught my attention because it was a Korean interpretation of C-BBJX, which I watched & enjoyed. When MLSHR confirms him as lead, I also wondered back then what the fuss is all about. Then I started MLSHR, he definitely caught all my attention, especially with those eyes ... AH-OOOO!

Even now I don't consider him particularly handsome or gorgeous. If I've never heard of LJG or seen his past shows prior to MLSHR, I'm gaga now, HELP!

Those beautiful eyes are called PHOENIX EYES by the Chinese. “Phoenix eyes” as the literally meaning, the eyes contour to the like of phoenix's eyes, no matter single eyelid or double eyelid. The eyes shape is slimmer and longer than most people. The inner canthus downwards as the head of phoenix while the outer canthus upwards as tail, upper and lower eyelines makes soft radians, otherwise degrees of stiff is triangular eyes. 

Women blessed with Phoenix eyes are the death of men and blessed in a man - LEE JOON GI  :wub: death of women & men too!  :P

:blush: Me too! He is always more gorgeous than handsome to me and sometimes came so close to being handsome in his badass dramas "Time Between Dog & Wolf" (irony he came full circle as a wolf-dog in ML) & "Two Weeks".  He is so GORGEOUS x HANDSOME in ML!

• Like 24

7 minutes ago, violet90 said:

in BBJX 8th being punish by kneeling for the whole day for whatever reason that i did't really remember.. when RX know this she try to make a point by kneeling too but 4th give a royal order to not kneeling cause he know how weak RX is.. being a stuborn person she is RX stand the whole night and this make 4th goes really mad about RX.. in the end 4th let 8th go...

so the theory about Su will try to save WW for the last time might be true.. its against her life principle that So try to get revenge by setting a trap and basically want to punish WW because he wanted too.. don't get me wrong WW is really evil and he deserve that but for me its not saving WW but saving So that she try to do.. just like BA said its not about sibling fight anymore its a king and his subject... Su will try not to get more bloodbath on So hand and he did promise her not to kill any of his brother so i kinda want to know what she will do...

Su try to do in order to save WW iwill make WW think back what he done.. his sister is against him and in the end the one that he try to get revenge by destroying her relationship help him too... in BBJX 8th actually said he wish that RX would stop caring about other people cause its make it hard for her heart cause its her against king... 

for me WW will tell his relationship just like 8th do and dies... pretty sure he will cause when he told So about it he looked sick.. the anger and jealousy that So have because after all this time Su still care about WW and remember he did said don't care about other but him in ep 17.. it may look like a joke but he really showing his possessiveness and Su being Su just have enough with his way in relationship... 

i used to said that in the end Su will still care about WJ , WW and CR even when they doing something bad because even she mad or hate them at one point they will always be her family.. So can't and won't accept her way of caring other people cause just like his mom he want Su for himself... 

I really like your reasoning here and I think things will probably go the way you say. I remember in the preview HS falling to her knees in shock and maybe that has something to do with WS doing something to WW. I know people thought CR was the last straw and maybe thats true but in that preview seeing HS fall like that makes me think that the last traw is coming.

Honestly as much as i hate WW i really want them to sort their mess out before HSs death.

• Like 13

Just now, SizzlerZ said:

I really like your reasoning here and I think things will probably go the way you say. I remember in the preview HS falling to her knees in shock and maybe that has something to do with WS doing something to WW. I know people thought CR was the last straw and maybe thats true but in that preview seeing HS fall like that makes me think that the last traw is coming.

Honestly as much as i hate WW i really want them to sort their mess out before HSs death.

i think the writer will resolve WW and YH in the next episode... the last episode will be about our OTP journey completed in Goryeo era..

as much as i want WW to repent and think back what he done i also want YH have what she deserve.. this girl have 2 lives on her hand and So should know what kind of terrible and awful person she is.. everyone should have got what they deserve in this drama.. its not really fair the good people suffering and evil one can smile... 

i really wish WW will tell So everything about YH and drag her along... if he's going down so she is...

• Like 13

6 hours ago, hiluna said:

LOL I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Can you imagine a male Go Ha Jin zapped into a ruthless king's body whom everyone is out to get. The poor guy wouldn't survive a day, they would immediately declare him crazy and kick him off the throne or worse. That scenario actually could make a good sageuk comedy. :lol:

Hahaha! We could have Goryeo So living in the present, getting freaked out by flush toilets and driving his car down the sidewalk (like he rode his horse through the village in the first episode). Meanwhile, Present So is desperately trying to survive back in the past... wondering why some crazy broad keeps trying to sleep with him (YH) and learning how to blend foundation like a boss.

Freaky Friday: Ryeo Edition

...I'd pay good money to watch that.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, SizzlerZ said:

YES!!!!

Everyone is wanting a happy ending with Soo and So......MY happy ending is having Wook REGRET!!! I want a scene where he's reminiscing about all the happy times with Soo.....reflecting about the day he "threw her away" and left her in the rain....and finally apologizing to Soo and admitting his biggest regret was choosing the throne over her.....and as he watches Soo leave the palace with Jung, Wook thinks about what might of been....*insert imaginary montage of Wook and Soo being happy, Wook coming home to Soo and their kids, Soo saying "I love you." Tears then fall from his eyes...as the palace guards approach to take him to be imprisoned forever!!!!!

The end.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, gwiyeowooh said:

This post will be more about Hae Soo. I am a Wang So bias but the last 2 episode made me wanna wrap HS in a quilt,  give her a hug and cup of Hot Chocolate.

She literally made WS the new King. Even she was against it, since WS wanted to be the King, HS supported him. Without seeing what the late King wrote down as a decree and WS tearing the paper into pieces HS being the last person to be with the WY proclaimed WS as the new King. 

She requested a marriage proposal from the man he loves, she even made pile of wishing stones near the palace because the King can't go far. But even before the proposal, HS found out through Jimong and YH that the King's position is unstable and his life is in danger because of lack and power and support.
The only solution available is to let him marry someone with a powerful clan to back him up, something that HS can't give.

Yet she still tearfully smile, knowing WS attempt to marry her and she will be her only queen. How heart-breaking for her to decline the proposal. The only thing that HS could do is to remove WS's guilt and give her reassurance that she will understand and continue to be with him.

I thought the fitting of the wedding dress was so pitiful.

But then we have this.

HS has announced her stance with polygamy, and she is going against it because she loves and understand WS.
Which is still bearable because this is 10th century Goryeo, polygamy is normal. But the thought that the man you love is with another woman on the night of wedding is a different story.

The girl with heart disease enduring the pain on being alone on her room while her man is another woman is so pathetically painful (Well we know that WS and YH did not do it but HS has no idea). 10th, 21st or any century it doesn't matter, for any woman knowing that your man is sleeping with another girl when you are still around yet you can't do anything about it is a torture.

Then this, WS refused HS touch.
He refused her comfort, when that is all she could do and her only purpose in the palace.

Though I understand why WS is mad and the pain on bringing Jung and letting her see his mother but this is HS character. She can't stand something like this, if not of this trait, WS won't fall in love with her. Back then, when WS was an outcast HS was the only person reaching out to him.

Then the letter of CR. It was like an eye opener for her. Specially the part when CR said that she was just in love and doesn't regret it and it is something that HS can answer herself.

After she read the letter she looked around her, as if asking herself "WHAT AM I DOING?"

HS must be thinking she is no different from CR, a person blinded by love.

She looked around and find herself locked inside the palace, sharing her man with another woman, seeing him do things, punishments, decisions that she can't stomach. Her life is getting shorter and shorter because of her heart disease yet she is taking all the pain in because of love.

That might be the reason why HS decided to accept Jung's offer to leave the palace but I still need to see the next episode to get a clearer picture.

I just feel that making her stay at palace with her short life to prove her love to WS is really cruel. 

Thank you for your beautiful post chingu!! I too feel everything is just too much for our poor heroine. Leaving the palace doesn't mean that she stop loving him, because she loved him so much that's why she leave him. Before they broke anymore promises, before they hate each other actions even more...

• Like 13

Holy cow, the page moved 20+ pages since yesterday!  I have a lot of catching up to do

16 hours ago, sweetpealover said:

I know that he isn't a film director or a professional camera holder, but my head started spinning with him moving the camera (or fast forwarding) and the black flashes (not exactly strobe lights)... Does anyone have a barf bag?........ Ugh... excuse me.....

I liked his gratitude for his international fans. Just have someone else film next time? There so much spinning I can take in a day for my heart, head, and eyes. Especially from Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.

He does this a lot and I don't know why but it's definitely intentional lol.  I guess he's being playful but I agree I'm just like HOLD THE CAMERA STILL!  I can't get a good look at your beautiful face!

16 hours ago, ChewyChocolate said:

Did they even do it????? Now they're angry with each other....how the heck are they going to do it????? Gah.

Make up sex.  One can dream anyway.

15 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

================

Lee Joon-gi confirms Asia tour

Actor Lee Joon-gi will tour Asia including Korea, Japan and Taiwan. 

A source at Lee’s agency Namoo Actors said Wednesday, “We have confirmed dates for Korea, Japan and Taiwan, and we are currently negotiating dates for other countries. We will update fans as soon as they are confirmed.” 

“The fan support that Lee Joon-gi receives from domestic and foreign fans is incredible. His fan base has grown across all age groups and he even has a strong male fan base. He wishes to thank everyone for supporting him and he is extremely grateful,” said the source. 

The dates have not been announced, but will be revealed once the tour schedule for other countries has been fixed. 

Meanwhile, Lee will hold a fan meeting event next month to watch the final episode of his current drama “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” with fans. It will take place on Nov. 1 at Lotte World Tour Super Plex G. 

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

UGH I hate living in the US.  In TX especially, no one ever comes here except JYP groups.  I hope he has another tour next year while I'm in Japan................................  I'm gonna be so sad an hour flight away from him yet so farrrr

14 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

Wishful thinking????? Give me Ha Jin now...really

The man is a sadist I tell you.

13 hours ago, hobeverly1212 said:

Oh btw, are the rest of the instrumental songs in the OST on YT too?

Yes, here's a playlist I listen to at work since I don't get any data on my mobile 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Shiori Me said:

Gongdeok can someone explain to me why it is not called Gwangjong in the drama? Is this a mistake or was made with intention. Episode 18 ???

As far as I know, Wang So's temple name is Gwangjong. Gwangdeok is name of the era when he reigned. But I could be wrong, also. May be @ruizaio can explain better since she is a Korean.

• Like 11

16 hours ago, ChewyChocolate said:

I hope you all don't mind me making up crazy stories about Wook, Soo and So. I just feel very frustrated with what they are doing to So, and making him into a crazy king. Just tell me when you get sick of my posts and I'll stop. Thanks for reading my posts, just remember I write them because I'm so frustrated.

Mind?? Ohh dear make as much as you want. Looking from the situation like this, i believe many of us need something to reduce the tension, and thank God there's you :D and i love bromance! well, don't we all? *:phew:

• Like 10