[Drama 2016] Jang Yeong-Sil 장영실

larus

So happy it is just around the corner..

@adelinetew, love the poster and the advertisements posters your posted. Thank you.
@badsmuler,   Thank you for the great posters, stills, and article.  I agree with you.. These posters are fabulous.

KBS World just posted on their FB page.

*Coming soon*
<Jang Youngsil: The Greatest Scientist of Joseon>
Triplet's father Song Il-gook features as Jang Youngsil...!

1915454_1084812018205009_115863415682747

I hope it means that it will not only air on KBSW but that they also download the episodes to YT.  I made that request, and it will be nice if more people let them know we are waiting for it, and would like to see it on YT>

https://www.facebook.com/kbsworld/photos/a.172914562728097.40453.171137272905826/1084812018205009/?type=3&theater

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Song Il Gook Thanks Triplets for His Latest Role in “Jang Young Shil”

Song Il Gook Thanks Triplets for His Latest Role in “Jang Young Shil”

On December 28, the actors of KBS’s upcoming epic drama “Jang Young Shil” met for a press conference, where Song Il Gook thanked his triplets for his role.

He said, “I’m really craving acting. With that, this feels like a new experience for me.” The actor continued, saying, “I have a fixed image, which is one of the reasons I may not do a historical drama.” However, he explained that while watching television with his wife, he was watching a historical drama and thought that if he did one now, he could do a good job.

Read more

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/28/song-il-gook-thanks-triplets-for-his-latest-role-in-jang-young-shil/

Song Il-gook, "I met Jang Yeong-sil when I wanted to be in a historical"

2015/12/28

photo668118.jpg

It took about an hour or so for actor Song Il-gook to start talking like an actor and not like the father of triplets. He is coming back for the first time in 5 years with the KBS 1TV historical drama "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama". He seemed tense. The premiere of the drama was held on the 28th in Timesquare.

Song Il-gook didn't feel good since the morning. His body had weakened from the continuous drama making and going back and forth from his hometown with the triplets. He had an upset stomach and threw up just the day before and wasn't feeling any better. He seemed fidgety and kept drinking water. He also seemed very tense and said that he wasn't able to sleep well because his wife was sick too and he took care of the children.

The fact that he's playing the role of Jang Yeong-sil, a true character seemed to pressure him. He said, "It's an honor just being called Jang Yeong-sil alone. I shouldn't do anything to bring harm to the name and my image outside the screen also matters".

"Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" is the first scientific historical drama about a character who was a slave meeting King Sejong and brings Joseon science to a standard that made it the best out of the world then. Song Il-gook is Jang Yeong-sol and this is his first historical since 2008.

Every historical he's starred in hasn't failed yet. He said, "I thought one day I would be good in a historical drama and that's when I met "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama". I am grateful to be doing what I want. At it's not a general or king that I am playing".

However, he's disappointed that he'll be spending less time with his children. "They are going to be disappointed too. It's not easy raising 3 children so I have to work hard".

"I am thirsty for acting and I always think of myself as a newbie on site".

Credit : http://www.hancinema.net/song-il-gook-i-met-jang-yeong-sil-when-i-wanted-to-be-in-a-historical-89875.html

9 minutes ago, irilight said:

@badsmuler, @adelinetew, Thank you for all the wonderful updates from the press conf.

Unfortunately the videos including the highlight video are not available for my country. I hope another will make it's way to YT.

You may try watching the highlight video at the below link:

https://twitter.com/MyloveKBS/status/681698538078646272

Dear fellows Jang Young Sil supporters, as you all know, Viki does not have a license yet and I heard that they have very few Ko-eng translators as well. Lets request the title on VIKI again and if it is possible let`s comment there as well. Maybe a little buzz will attract more translators.

I really wish this drama to be translated but it doesn`t sound promising right now. Fingers crossed. JYS, fighting!

https://www.viki.com/tv/28323c-jang-young-sil

Just realized, our PD-nim, Kim Young jo was the one who responsible of Jung Bi Rok's success... :glasses:

I didn't follow that drama seriously but i like its cinematography and great acting from all casts especially Kim Sang Joong... :wub::wub:

Hope JYS will have great success like its fellow... :heart::heart:

Woooow...is JYS have plan to 50 episodes ???

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Jang_Young_Shil

@adelinetew,  oooooh... Thank you so much... Yes, I could watch on that link.... Makes me more and more excited for this drama to start.

Here is what KBSWorld already wrote about; Unfortunately, they are still not revealing when they will start airing it.

Jang Youngsil: The Greatest Scientist of Joseon

programimg                

Jang Youngsil: The Greatest Scientist of Joseon

• Genre : Drama
  • Premiere in Korea :
  • Premiere on KBS World :
  • Number of Episodes :
  • Runtime : '
  • Showtime :

Synopsis

The drama <Jang Youngsil: The Greatest Scientist of Joseon> is the first 'historic science' drama that has been produced in Korea. This drama depicts the successful life story of the scientist Jang Youngsil that contributed to the development and accomplishment of Joseon's science during the 15th century.

In particular, the drama emphasizes his accomplishment through showing the restrictions and difficulties he experienced due to his social class as a slave. Moreover, the drama aims to depict Jang Youngsil as the role model of 'Korea's youth of the 21st century' through displaying his scientific accomplishments.

The drama also expects to stimulate scientific curiosity amongst audiences and help them easily understand the fundamental principles of science by utilizing various data and scientific videos.

Characters

Charascters

Jang Youngsil (cast: Song Il Kook)

One of the greatest scientists of Joseon Dynasty.

Thanks to King Sejong the Great’s excellent leadership, the Joseon Dynasty was able to become the world’s greatest country of Science and Technology. Born as a servant, he was a self-made man, but he was removed from the palace because he did not make the king’s palanquin properly. After that, there are no records of him.

He invented many superior clocks such as Clepsydra as well as several astronomical instruments.

Charascters

Sejong (cast: Kim Sang Kyung)

I Do(1397~1450)

A wise and benevolent ruler of Joseon Dynasty. He selected talented people like Jang Youngsil, made astronomical observations, and strengthened many policies.

Despite constant conflicts against his courtiers, Sejong improved Joseon as he pursued tolerance instead of slaughter.

Charascters

Taejong (cast: Kim Young Chul)

Lee Bang Won(1367~1422)

Although he created a strong central government and an absolute monarchy, without his work, the foundation of Joseon Dynasty would not have been established. His governance philosophy was different from his son, Sejong, yet he exerted every effort on making his son a great king.

Charascters

Princess So Hyun (cast: Park Sun Young)

Daughter of Taejong, Sejong’s older sister

Even though she lost her husband at an early age, she still made a living. Then she met Jang Youngsil who is her child day friend. She was kind enough to support Jang Youngsil, and later she happened to care for him. However, her affection landed him in difficulties.

Source: KBS World

@badsmuler sister.. Thank you for letting us know about Jing Bi-Rok. I too, missed it.

@irilight dear...its disappointed that KBS World didn't air Jing Bi Rok until finished...if i'm not forget only for 30+ episodes... :bawling:

The drama has got critical acclaim & good ratings in SK...no wonder if KSJ gets Best Actor Awards on APAN Stars Awards 2015... :blush:

8 hours ago, larus said:

Dear fellows Jang Young Sil supporters, as you all know, Viki does not have a license yet and I heard that they have very few Ko-eng translators as well. Lets request the title on VIKI again and if it is possible let`s comment there as well. Maybe a little buzz will attract more translators.

I really wish this drama to be translated but it doesn`t sound promising right now. Fingers crossed. JYS, fighting!

Viki also not available in my country... :dissapointed_relieved:

Stil cross my finger that JYS will show in KBS World though until now there's no promotions... :heart::heart:

@irilight: Thanks for all the news. I will use the character description on the first page.

2 hours ago, badsmuler said:

Viki also not available in my country... :dissapointed_relieved:

Stil cross my finger that JYS will show in KBS World though until now there's no promotions... :heart::heart:

So far Viki does not have license at all. 

If this show will air in KBS World that means we`ll have translations? It is what I want. Doesn`t matter who will make the translations. If there will not be English subtitles anywhere, I will not watch.

I want good news.

Archived