[Reality Show 2015] KPOP STAR 5

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

J.Y. Park raves about the best performance he's ever seen on 'K-pop Star'

he judges have been rendered speechless for most of this season due to the massive amount of talent flowing onto the audition stage. However, one female participant, Yoo Jei, from New Jersey stood out above the rest, capturing the hearts of all three judges.

CV956CPWcAABXvN.jpg

On the third episode of 'K-Pop Star Season 5,' Yoo Jei performed Billy Joel's "New York State Of Mind." 

After the performance, J.Y. Park stated, "This was the best performance I've seen since I started K-Pop Star."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/12/jy-park-raves-about-the-best-performance-hes-ever-seen-on-k-pop-star 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

J.Y. Park says the 'K-Pop Star' judges don't fight

J.Y. Park revealed a little backstage insight into the SBS audition show 'K-Pop Star 5'.

CWQEJk7U8AAM1WJ.jpg

He along with Yoo Hee Yeol and Yang Hyun Suk are part of the permanent judge panel, but it looks like they have no problem getting along. When DJ Cultwo asked if the trio have ever fought, J.Y. Park responded, "We haven't even gotten into a small argument."

He added, "I think we've only argued when the cameras are on. When the cameras are off, we talk comfortably with one another."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/12/jy-park-says-the-k-pop-star-judges-dont-fight

Guest adikkeluangman

“K-Pop Star 5″ Contestants Bring Park Jin Young to Tears

The recent filming of “K-Pop Star 5″ had the contestants Jung Jin Woo and Lee Soo Jung form a team to try a mission. The two were a hit, and the producers of “K-Pop Star 5″ have even released some stills of the duo.

According to Yang Hyun Suk, “Jung Jin Woo has not only improved his songwriting abilities, he has also become a man.” Yoo Hee Yeol said, “I feel as if I have seen a short drama. It was more exciting than a first kiss on a drama, and it was the best stage I could dream of.” Park Jin Young even shed some tears, and said, “I am so happy that there are such good stages each year. When the two held hands, I cried. It was so moving.”

20151226_1451091544_89313800_1_99_201512

The producers said, “Many teams showed great teamwork and resulted in very strong stages.”

Tune into K-Pop Star 5 to find out which teams excelled!

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/26/k-pop-star-5-contestants-bring-park-jin-young-to-tears/ 

I feel like the top 3 have already been decided.  It's probably going to be Jae, Lee Soo Jung, and Jung Jin Woo.  It feels more like a battle of nerves than anything else.  The producers seem to be looking to make a new Sparkling Girls, but I don't know how far they'll go.  

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young Teases Yang Hyun Suk About His Age on “K-Pop Star 5″

Usually in competition shows, the barbs fly between the contestants and not the judges. But in a recent episode of “K-Pop Star 5,” Park Jin Young had some words for his fellow judge, Yang Hyun Suk.

During the January 3 episode, Yang Hyun Suk repeatedly asked, “What’s the theme for today’s stage?” The other two judges, Park Jin Young and Yoo Hee Yeol, both replied, “Today’s the showcase.” After the fourth time, Park Jin Young couldn’t take it anymore.

yg-old-man1.pngyg-old-man.png

“I think we’re going to need an age restriction (for the judges) if you can’t do it,” he said, causing Yang Hyun Suk to bust out in laughter. “I tried to restrain myself the first three times you asked, but this is the fourth time. Truth is, it’s really hard to do the broadcast while supporting this old man.”

Thankfully, Park Jin Young’s words were more teasing than anything else, and Yang Hyun Suk took them in stride.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/03/park-jin-young-teases-yang-hyun-suk-about-his-age-on-k-pop-star-5/

Brody is gone!  Hope to see her again in kpop star 7 kekeke /troll.  She is really beautiful.  And has such a regal bearing.  

This week's episode was not bad.  I felt like they focused more on the back stories rather than the performances.  I think there were just 6 performances this week, or 3 pairs of team performances?  In general, I felt like it was possible to guess or predict who was going to go home.  All in all, I thought all the performances were pretty good.  No complete stinkers like in the first two seasons.  

The chinese girl has some astonishing sex appeal going.  It made JYP sweat literally.  Brody looked really uncomfortable while Lexy did her thing.  

This season probably has the best talent compared to all previous seasons.  Even the performances where the judges critiqued, a lot of them, I thought, were actually really good.  If it had been in previous seasons, then the contestants would have been praised.  The standard is so much higher than before.  Unfortunately, there's hardly any drama.  It feels like the top six have already been selected.  They're really going for the typical kpop idol this time.  The contestant has to be young or look young, and sing like a pop star.  No indie flavors this season.  It's very R&B, very JYP.  Antennae Music can't sign anymore, they are full with Sam, Kwon Jin Ah, Jung Seunghwan, and Lee Jin Ah.  YG has his hands full always raking in the dough.  Although he took Katie Kim last season, I don't see him being especially interested in recruiting talent this season.  It seems like only JYP might have available slots, especially now that the Tzuyu scandal might bring down Twice sadly and 2PM perhaps.  

Anway, looks like Casting Round starts next week.  Looking forward to seeing which contestants YG and Antennae use their wildcards on to steal from JYP.  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young Teases Yang Hyun Suk for His Bad Memory on “K-Pop Star”

“K-Pop Star” has always been a pleasure to watch in part due to the judges’ banter, and the latest January 31 episode was no different, with Park Jin Young teasing Yang Hyun Suk.

On the show, contestants Park Min Ji and Yoo Yoon Ji, both 17-year-olds who have been praised for their singing, perform Wheesungs’s “With Me.” Though both girls show their interest in JYP Entertainment, Park Jin Young only casts Park Min Ji. Yoo Hee Yeol, who gets the second say in casting, comments, “I’m not confident I’ll be able to improve Yoo Yoon Ji.”

20160131_1454236290_71487900_1_99_201601

“Don’t make a decision with the consideration that I’m going to pick Yoo Yoon Ji,” Yang Hyun Suk warns. “There is a large possibility I won’t cast her.” “I’m just not confident enough,” Yoo Hee Yeol says as he gives up his casting opportunity.

When it is Yang Hyun Suk’s turn, he asks Yoo Yoon Ji, “Haven’t we already worked together last season?” Yoo Yoon Ji immediately denies.

“Don’t trust your memory,” Park Jin Young teases. “It’s usually wrong.” Once Yang Hyun Suk realizes he’s wrong, he says, “That means I have no doubts about casting her anymore. I will happily take her to YG.”

“I was originally touched by Yang Hyun Suk,” Park Jin Young jokingly says afterwards. “I had thought he would be considerate enough to remember events from a while ago. However, Yoo Yoon Ji proved him wrong. He kills me.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/31/park-jin-young-teases-yang-hyun-suk-for-his-bad-memory-on-k-pop-star/ 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Why does Yang Hyun Suk think J.Y. Park should give up his label and open an academy instead?

Yang Hyun Suk was so amazed by J.Y. Park's analysis that he thought JYP should just open an academy!

On the 7th's episode of 'K-Pop Star 5', Chae Ji Hye, Jung Jin Woo, and Mazinger S stood on stage for their competition. Chae Ji Hye took the first stage and sang Lee Seung Hwan's "Empty Heart". Afterward, Yoo Hee Yeol said, "You have an eerie charm. You don't use the regular ballad singing techniques at all. You have a unique way of singing, but it doesn't feel that great." Yang Hyun Suk said, "I don't have anything to say, so my head is blank. It was plain."

CapwPdOWcAA0uXH.jpg

J.Y. Park added, "It's good that you have your own color, but you lack the talent to back it up. You can't express delicacy." Yoo Hee Yeol, after hearing the analysis, wasawed and said, "Now that you've said that, I know exactly what you meant." Yang Hyun Suk also said, "You're very good at explaining. You should quit JYPE and just open an academy. Become a teacher," drawing laughter from the three judges.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/02/why-does-yang-hyun-suk-think-jy-park-should-give-up-his-label-and-open-an-academy-instead 

Guest adikkeluangman

“K-Pop Star” Gears Up for Its Sixth Season

SBS‘s audition program “K-Pop Star” is already discussing making its sixth season.

“K-Pop Star” is currently airing its fifth season, which is doing very well in viewership ratings. YG‘s Yang Hyun Suk, JYP‘s Park Jin Young, and Antenna Music‘s Yoo Hee Yeol are the three judges in charge of leading this program, and they are one of the reasons why this program is so popular. Being known as the heads of some big music agencies, the program wouldn’t be doing as well as it is now if it weren’t for their good judging skills.

201602170813772928_56c3af54d3268_99_2016

According to an affiliate, the three judges have revealed that they will be continuing their appearance for the next season, saying,”Let’s do season six together, too.”

Meanwhile “K-Pop Star” airs every Sunday at 6:20 p.m. KST.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/16/k-pop-star-gears-up-for-its-sixth-season/ 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

'K-Pop Star' judges cheer on Lee Hi's upcoming album!

On February 27, YG Entertainment's official blog site (www.yg-life.com) revealed a photo of current 'K-Pop Star 5' judges cheering on Lee Hi's upcoming album!

Previously, Lee Hi had been reported to be working on a new solo album produced by Epik High's Tablo and DJ Tukutz! The official comeback date has now been announced for March 9!

CcL6G4xUYAEHHdM.jpg

The March comeback will be the singer's first comeback in 3 years. Are you excited for Lee Hi?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/02/k-pop-star-judges-cheer-on-lee-his-upcoming-album

Guest adikkeluangman

Yang Hyun Suk Disses Park Jin Young and Yoo Hee Yeol for Being Know-It-Alls on “K-Pop Star”

Yang Hyun Suk disses his fellow judges Park Jin Young and Yoo Hee Yeol after Ahn Yae Eun’s performance on “K-Pop Star.”

On the episode of SBS’s “K-Pop Star 5” that aired on February 28, the performances that will determine who makes the top eight are revealed.

20160228_1456654685_56990200_1_99_201602

Ahn Yae Eun performs her own song “Mr. Mystery” and wows the judges.

“You play with the notes and rhythm,” Park Jin Young says. “It’s like I’ve just watched a great art piece.”

“Ahn Yae Eun is special,” Yoo Hee Yeol says. “I liked this the most out of all the performances.”

As Park Jin Young and Yoo Hee Yeol bring up other foreign artists while giving their comments, Yang Hyun Suk butts in and says, “I’m a judge, and even I find both of your comments too hard. You act like know-it-alls.”

He then comments on Ahn Yae Eun’s stage, saying, “I listened to a song, but a movie went through my head. With a three-minute song, you moved my heart like a two-hour movie would. You are a skilled musician.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/28/yang-hyun-suk-disses-park-jin-young-and-yoo-hee-yeol-for-being-know-it-alls-on-k-pop-star/ 

Wow! I find An Ye Eun's performance perfect! 

On 2/29/2016 at 4:02 AM, adikkeluangman said:

Yang Hyun Suk Disses Park Jin Young and Yoo Hee Yeol for Being Know-It-Alls on “K-Pop Star”

Yang Hyun Suk disses his fellow judges Park Jin Young and Yoo Hee Yeol after Ahn Yae Eun’s performance on “K-Pop Star.”

On the episode of SBS’s “K-Pop Star 5” that aired on February 28, the performances that will determine who makes the top eight are revealed.

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images. Thank you.

Ahn Yae Eun performs her own song “Mr. Mystery” and wows the judges.

“You play with the notes and rhythm,” Park Jin Young says. “It’s like I’ve just watched a great art piece.”

“Ahn Yae Eun is special,” Yoo Hee Yeol says. “I liked this the most out of all the performances.”

As Park Jin Young and Yoo Hee Yeol bring up other foreign artists while giving their comments, Yang Hyun Suk butts in and says, “I’m a judge, and even I find both of your comments too hard. You act like know-it-alls.”

He then comments on Ahn Yae Eun’s stage, saying, “I listened to a song, but a movie went through my head. With a three-minute song, you moved my heart like a two-hour movie would. You are a skilled musician.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/28/yang-hyun-suk-disses-park-jin-young-and-yoo-hee-yeol-for-being-know-it-alls-on-k-pop-star/ 

Indeed her performance is absolute artistry. I find Ang Ye Eun as a good storyteller. She's rare to find. I hope even if she doesn't win the competition, someone would sign her up because seriously she's quite a talent! How about you guys?

Guest adikkeluangman

J.Y. Park to unveil a new song on 'K-Pop Star'!

J.Y. Park will be unveiling a new song on 'K-Pop Star'. 
This surprise release is similar to last year's "Who's Your Mama?" In 2015, J.Y. Park revealed his new song for the first time on the celebration stage of 'K-Pop Star'. 

Ccw1JEDWwAA2jNG.jpg

"Who's Your Mama?" then gained much attention and success following the show. It reached top of the charts as it beat miss A's "Only You". He overthrew singers of his own company and took #1. 

This phenomenon is about to reoccur as he is once again scheduled to unveil a new song on the stage of 'K-Pop Star'. J.Y. Park's comeback is the first in a year ever since "Who's Your Mama?" Viewers are curious about his new song, and also if it will relive the success of last year's surprise release. 

J.Y. Park's new song performance will be aired in April. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/jy-park-to-unveil-a-new-song-on-k-pop-star 

Guest adikkeluangman

“K-Pop Star 5” Selects Top 8 Contestants

The Top 10 contestants on SBS’s audition program “K-Pop Star 5” began their battle for the final crown on March 6, eliminating two contestants from their ranks.

Woo Ye Rin performed first in the A Group, performing Yoo Jae Ha’s “Sad Letter,” pairing her warm voice with contrabass instrumentals to produce a standard jazz sound. Lee Soo Jung followed her performance with a unique cover of Yoon Mi Rae’s “As Time Goes By,” while Jung Jin Woo performed “To You” by Seo Taiji and the Boys, giving up a live band arrangement for a midi arrangement he composed on his own.

Meanwhile, Sophie Han covered “Crazy” by Son Dambi, and concluding the A Group performances was Yoo Jae, with her cover of Lim Jae Bum’s “Confession.”

Spoilers

Spoiler

k-pop-star-5.jpg

The judges picked Woo Ye Rin as first place of the A Group, and she and Lee Soo Jung and Jung Jin Woo joined the ranks of the Top 8. Sophie Han and Yoo Jae had to have a rematch, but in the end Lee Si Eun (not mentioned above) and Yoo Jae were selected by 100 voters to move on.

sophie-han-joo-mi-yeon.png

Sophie Han and another contestant, Joo Mi Yeon (not mentioned above), were eliminated from the competition.

The Top 8 contestants are currently Ahn Yeeun, Mazinger S, Park Min Ji, Woo Ye Rin, Lee Soo Jung, Jung Jin Woo, Lee Si Eun, and Yoo Jae.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/06/k-pop-star-5-selects-top-8-contestants/ 

Archived