[Reality Show 2015] KPOP STAR 5

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

CEt_TDWUEAEWw3I.jpg

Title : K-pop Star Season 5
Also known as: Survival Audition K-pop Star 5 (Korean: 서바이벌 오디션 K팝 스타 시즌5) 
PD : 
Screenwriter : 
Genre : Audition | music | talent show
Episodes : 
Broadcast Network : SBS
Airing Date : 8 November, 2015 (tentative)
Airing Time : Sunday ; 4:55PM KST
Preceded by : 
Production Company : 
Official Website : 

Synopsis :Survival Audition K-pop Star (Korean: 서바이벌 오디션 K팝 스타) is a South Korean reality TV competition series where the three entertainment/talent agencies in South Korea hold worldwide auditions to find the next potential K-Pop stars. Preliminary auditions are held around the world in Asia, North America, South America, Europe, and Australia. The final winner will debut with the company of his or her choice (Antenna, YG, or JYP), along with a cash prize of three hundred million won (approx. 300,000 U.S. dollars), two brand new vehicles, opportunities to become commercial models and casting in dramas, and many more.

Hosted by : Jeon Hyun Moo

JUDGES:
Yang Hyun Suk: YG Entertainment CEO, producer, singer
Park Jin Young: JYP Entertainment Executive producer, producer, singer, songwriter
Yoo Hee Yeol: Antenna Music Singer, songwriter, composer, pianist

Video : 

LINK
Official : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube.

Please follow Soompi Forum Rules.
Don't post any requests for subs!
Anything unrelated to the program is considered spamming. 
Don't quote images.
01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.
02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.
03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.
04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 
05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs(those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like VikiTV, Dramafever) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.
PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

SBS’ “K-Pop Star” Confirms Final Judge Lineup for Season 5

The production team of SBS’ singing survival program “K-Pop Star” has officially confirmed the final lineup of judges for the show’s upcoming fifth season.

k-pop-star-5-800x450.jpg

On June 24, a representative of “K-Pop Star 5” revealed, “Park Jin Young, Yoo Hee Yeol, and Yang Hyun Suk will continue on from season four and keep their position as judges [for the new season].”

In response to the previous rumors of Yang Hyuk Suk’s withdrawal as a judge, the rep stated, “It’s not true. The three of them will remain as is. We have already begun carrying out promotion filming [for the show] with the three judges.”

Meanwhile, “K-Pop Star 5” will jump into the preliminary round of auditions at the beginning of August, and is expected to hit the air around the end of November.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/23/sbs-k-pop-star-confirms-final-judge-lineup-for-season-5/

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

SBS’ “K-POPSTAR” to begin filming for fifth season

On October 5th, it was revealed that SBS’ K-POPSTAR is set to begin filming for its fifth season.

The popular show has given rise to many of today’s loved artists including Lee Hi, Katie Kim, and Akdong Musician who signed to YG Entertainment, Bernard Park and Park Jimin who signed to JYP Entertainment, and Jung Seung Hwan and Kwon Jin Ah who signed to Antenna Music.

201510051049181113_1_99_20151005105105.j

Having completed their preliminary rounds of auditions around the globe, the popular singing competition is ready to film their fifth season starting next week.

http://www.koreaboo.com/tv-shows/sbs-k-popstar-begin-filming-fifth-season/

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

fyjypnation [TRANS] @/sbsstar:

"A snapshot of the guest judges having a samgyupsal party after round 1 of <Kpop Star Season 5> 
A complete <Kpop Star> group
They must all be close friends~ 
Their eyes full of excitement for their Season 5 hoobaes
<Kpop Star Season 5> airing in November
#KwonJinah #LeeHi #JungSeunghwan #ParkJimin #KatieKim #SamKim #BernardPark #Samgyupsal #APartyLikeThis #CannotBeSeenAnywhereElse #Heartwarmingstagram #BernardCutOff #EveryoneV #KpopStar #Season5

Guest adikkeluangman

′K-Pop Star 5′ to Replace ′Please Look After Dad′

Please Look After Dad will be going off the air and be replaced by K-Pop Star 5. 

A rep from SBS′ Please Look After Dad stated to Newsen on October 22, "Please Look After Dad will be going off the air."

99100002.jpg

Please Look After Dad, which aired its pilot episode in February, made viewers laugh and cry by capturing four celebrity dads′ relationships with their daughters and starred Lee Kyung Kyu and his daughter Lee Ye Rim, Jo Jae Hyun and his daughter Jo Hye Jeong, Jo Min Ki and his daughter Jo Yun Kyung and Kang Suk Woo and his daughter Kang Da Eun. Kang Suk Woo and Jo Min Ki later left the show and Lee Deok Hwa and his daughter as well as Park Se Ri and her father joined the show, capturing the relationships between fathers and their 30-something daughters. 

Season one of Please Look After Dad will conclude on November 1, and K-Pop Star 5 will take over.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/99100/k-pop-star-5-to-replace-please-look-after-dad

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Hyelim and Park Jimin Show Us How Close JYP Artists Are

Wonder Girls’ member Hyelim and Park Jimin of 15& showed off their close friendship recently with a cheeky kiss. 

The two of them recently recorded a video for the upcoming program “K-pop Star 5,” greeting their fans with a smile. The video was published on SBS‘ official Facebook page.

201511071249481113_1.jpg

When asked to name some of JYP Entertainment’s strong points, the two of them answer without hesitating. “JYP artists are all friendly with each other,” Park Jimin says. To prove her point, Hyelim gives her a quick peck on the cheek. 

“Because he’s still promoting as a singer, he understands our situation best,” Park Jimin also says about the company’s producer and president, Park Jin Young. “He treats us comfortably like friends and treats us to nice food. There are a lot of company dinners,” Hyelim adds. 

Park Jimin asks the camera, “Don’t you want to come to JYP?” before joking, “But I think I gained weight due to all the company dinners.” 

Hyelim and Park Jimin will guest judge on “K-pop Star 5,” which is scheduled to begin broadcasting on November 22. 

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/07/hyelim-and-park-jimin-show-us-how-close-jyp-artists-are/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

151112 Kpop Star 5's Instagram (Min, Ayeon):

[TRANS]:
"#KPOPSTAR5 #D-10

#FirstBroadcast of #KPOPSTAR #Season5 with #missA #Min,
and #BaekAyeon from #KPOPSTAR1!!
Let's wait for it together~

Now #10days left~
#Nov22nd #TuneIn!! #SBS #SurvivalAudition #AUDITION #FirstBroadcast #COMING_SOON
" (by fyjypnation

Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Hi′s Older Sister Turns Heads on ′K-Pop Star 5′

Lee Hi′s older sister′s appearance on K-Pop Star 5 is attracting attention. 

Some of the upcoming season′s contestants were revealed on the November 15 broadcast of SBS′ K-Pop Star 5.

99857002.jpg

One contestant turned heads when she revealed that she′s the older sister of a well-known singer. That singer turned out to be season one′s Lee Hi, and Yang Hyun Suk, the CEO of Lee Hi′s agency YG, appeared shocked, saying "I didn′t know either."

Meanwhile, Yang Hyun Suk, Park Jin Young and Yoo Hee Yeol have returned as judges for the fifth season of K-Pop Star, which will also include a guest judging system of former K-Pop Star contestants. The first episode will air on November 22.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/99857/lee-his-older-sister-turns-heads-on-k-pop-star-5

-----
Former Contestant Brody and Lee Hi’s Older Sister to Appear on “K-Pop Star 5″

It’s time to get excited for another season of SBS’ audition survival show “K-Pop Star.”

On November 15, SBS aired a prologue episode of the upcoming fifth season to give viewers a little taste of what’s to come.

CT2JP43WEAAsoKG.jpg

Viewers were particularly surprised to see former contestant Brody, who was one of Yang Hyun Suk’s most cherished trainees on season three, taking part in the audition show once again. The judges are happy to see her back on stage, and compliment her more mature appearance, “You have become a young lady.”

Maybe even more unexpected is the identity of one female contestant, who convinces the judges of her talent within seconds after starting to sing. Turns out that she is none other than the older sister of Lee Hi, the runner-up of “K-Pop Star 1.”

When the judges are informed of this, Yang Hyun Suk is just as shocked as everyone else and says, “Even I had no idea.”

Meanwhile, the first episode of “K-Pop Star 5″ is scheduled air on November 22.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/15/lee-his-older-sister-and-former-contestant-brody-to-appear-on-k-pop-star-5/ 

-----
Park Jin Young Exposes Yang Hyun Suk’s Extreme Mood Swings

Park Jin Young made fun of Yang Hyun Suk’s mood swings in a preview for “K-Pop Star 5.”

During the prologue of SBS’s “K-pop Star 5” aired on November 15, the show is reintroduced before the start of a new season.

201511151827773118_564850b239ecd_99_2015

When Yoo Hee Yeol is asked if he is unhappy with any aspects of the show, he says, “I’m not sure if Yang Hyun Suk is attending a comedy academy because it seems like he wants to branch out to variety shows.”

“He has intense mood swings. He doesn’t speak when he is tired or unhappy. While I’d be happy if he didn’t have any mood swings, they’re pretty bad,” Park Jin Young teases. “It’s because he’s gotten too successful.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/15/park-jin-young-exposes-yang-hyun-suks-extreme-mood-swings/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

Yang Hyun Suk Says Big Bang is Bettter Than What Seo Taiji and Boys Was

Yang Hyun Suk compared Big Bang to Seo Taiji and Boys. 

During a production presentation for SBS′ K-Pop Star 5, held at SBS Hall in Seoul′s Mok-dong on November 16, Yang Hyun Suk said Big Bang is better than Seo Taiji and Boys.

99885002.jpg

Yang Hyun Suk said, "I don′t talk with the singers in my agency a lot or look deeply into them, but I hear what they like and are interested in a lot. When I listen to what they′re saying, I think that I′m learning." 

He continued, "To be honest, I did Seo Taiji and Boys, but Big Bang is so much better than what we were then. If possible, I don′t talk to them directly, but through Teddy and the producers, I hear what they′re thinking, what they like, and over time, I realize I′m following them. Because I′m in my 40s, it′s difficult for me to keep up with what teen are thinking. But as the CEO, beyond authoritarianism, I approach them through their hearts."

Meanwhile, YG′s Yang Hyun Suk, JYP′s Park Jin Young and Antenna Music′s Yoo Hee Yeol will be returning as the judges of K-Pop Star 5. In addition to these judges, six individuals from each agency will make up an 18-member guest judging committee. The first episode will air on November 22 at 6:10 p.m. KST.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/99885/yang-hyun-suk-says-big-bang-is-bettter-than-what-seo-taiji-and-boys-was

Guest adikkeluangman

I didn't know that twitter can upload video as long as this one. Here is Suzy and Jung Sung Hwan performance on last season.

Guest adikkeluangman

′K-Pop Star 4′ Winner Katie Kim Drops 10 Kg

K-Pop Star 4 winner Katie Kim revealed her dramatic weight loss.

A special K-Pop Star Season 5 D-Day special will air on November 22 at 11 a.m. KST, ahead of the K-Pop Star 5 season premiere later that day.

37973245.jpg

Former K-Pop Star contestants Katie Kim, Jung Seung Hwan, Park Jimin and Lee Jin Ah will appear on the special.

Photos from the recording surfaced revealing Katie Kim′s weight loss transformation.

Katie Kim said, "I began dieting per the agency′s suggestion," revealing she lost 10 kg through watching what she eats and exercising.

Meanwhile, K-Pop Star 5 will premiere on November 22 at 6:10 p.m. KST.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/100056/k-pop-star-4-winner-katie-kim-drops-10-kg

Wow, this Lee Soo Chong girl is really good.  Looks like she's going to be one of the R&B queens of this season.  I'm surprised by how little back story and attention she got though.  Maybe they didn't film enough of her when she auditioned in the US?

I didn't really get why the judges gushed over the last guy.  He basically tried to sing like Taeyang.  

And after watching the D-day prologue episode, we learn that Brody still unfortunately can't sing two years later.  Although she's still as cute/pretty as ever.  

Overall, I felt a bit disappointed with the premiere episode.  There was more focus on the contestant's back stories, but maybe only one contestant's talent (Lee Soo Chong) stood out to me, and she didn't get a backstory.  The judges' opinions sound about the same as the previous 4 seasons. If the ratings for this sink the way Running Man's has been sinking, then it will be a bit sad.  I hope it'll get better in the next several episodes.  Kpop star has had a good run.  I wish they would debut Kwon Jin Ah, Katie Kim, and Jung Seung Hwan already.  

Guest adikkeluangman

Contestant Jung Jin Woo Wows All Judges with Self-Composed Song on “K-Pop Star”

Contestant Jung Jin Woo passes his audition after receiving many compliments from the judges.

On the November 22 broadcast of SBS’s “K-Pop Star,” contestant Jung Jin Woo sings his self-composed song, ‘Satellite.’ Jung Jin Woo had previously auditioned for the show back in the third season.

201511221942961119_1_99_20151122194203.j

YG’s Yang Hyun Suk, JYP’s Park Jin Young, and Antenna’s Yoo Hee Yeol all press the “pass” button even before the song has ended.

Yang Hyun Suk says, “This is the artist that will be able to follow the footsteps of Zion.T and Hyukoh.” Yoo Hee Yeol also says, “Sign a contract with me.” Finally, Park Jin Young says, “You wrote the melody of the song well. This type of melody will be very popular. There is nothing to teach or fix about your singing.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/22/contestant-jung-jin-woo-wows-all-judges-with-self-composed-song-on-k-pop-star/

-----
Pictures of previous contestant supporting the new season of K-Pop Star. Park Jimin with Wonder Girls Lim, Lee Hi, (this one I don't know) and Akdong Musician.

CUPLtEMUEAAcRAv.png
SBSNOW

Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Hee Yeol is bothered by the moaning noises J.Y. Park makes on 'K-Pop Star'

The November 23 airing of 'Healing Camp' had viewers chortling thanks to Yoo Hee Yeol's sassy, brutally honest remarks about his 'K-Pop Star' fellow judge J.Y. Park. 

Yoo Hee Yeol, along with Yang Hyun Suk, guested on this episode to air out some dirty laundry about their friend J.Y. Park, who apparently has some weird mannerisms and habits that grind their gears. Yang Hyun Suk said, "There are times when the viewers get annoyed watching J.Y. Park on the show. When they just look at his face, they know whether a contestant is going to pass or be eliminated," which had Yoo Hee Yeol laughing in agreement. He then added his own two cents, saying, "If there is a contestant he even likes a little bit, he starts making moaning noises. It's very uncomfortable." 

1448290898-71.jpg

Yoo Hee Yeol continued, "There was a famous line that [J.Y. Park] said on the show that went 'half air half noise' but nowadays he says, 'open your diaphragm' and 'your heart is also a muscle.' I have no idea what he means; it's not like he's a doctor." 

But wait! His dissing didn't end there. When asked what he would do if J.Y. Park was one of the contestants, Yoo Hee Yeol joked, "I think I will eliminate him based on his physical appearance. I would assume that he's trying out to be a dancer." Hey, you gotta appreciate the guy's honesty. That's what friends are for, right?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/11/yoo-hee-yeol-is-bothered-by-the-moaning-noises-jy-park-makes-on-k-pop-star

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young Reveals Yang Hyun Suk’s Secret

On the November 23 broadcast of SBS’s “Healing Camp,” singer and producer Park Jin Young appeared as the guest.

While sharing his opinions about the other judges on “K-Pop Star,” he opened up about YG Entertainment founder Yang Hyun Suk who appears on the show as one of the judges.

201511232346791110_1_99_20151123234804.j

Park Jin Young cracked everyone up when he said, “I think Yang Hyun Suk does get a little competitive with other judges. He’s the only judge who comes to the studio with about five to six prepared comments. He picks out one of them when it’s appropriate.”

As for singer Yoo Hee Yeol who is also one of the judges, Park Jin Young commented, “He’s so kind. He gives advice to each and every contestant. Hyun Suk and Hee Yeol came up with a secret code. When one of them gets long-winded with their feedback, the other person touches his ear.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/23/park-jin-young-reveals-yang-hyun-suks-secret-on-k-pop-star/

Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Hi's sister reveals why she decided to take her shot at fame on 'K-Pop Star 5'

The November 29 airing of SBS's 'K-Pop Star 5' drew the first preliminaries, and an unexpected contestant stepped on the stage. 

The contestant was none other than YG artist and 'K-Pop Star 1' runner-up Lee Hi's older sister Lee Hyu Rim! 

CVAhKykWEAE_e51.jpg

Lee Hyu Rim told the judges, "Lee Hi was second place on season 1 and became a star. Truthfully, I was envious. I couldn't help but feel that way," and brought up Lee Hi's past interview during which she admitted that she started music thanks to her older sister's influence. However much Lee Hi had meat that as a compliment, for Lee Hyu Rim, that particular statement was a burden. She said, "I felt the pressure that I have to do really well [on the program]. But if I don't gather the courage now, I think it'll continue to nag at my mind. So in the end, I gained the courage [to try out]," relaying her reason for deciding to appear on the fifth season of 'K-Pop Star' despite the pressure. 

Lee Hyu Rim went on to perform Yoo Mi Rae's "Goodbye Sadness, Hello Happiness," and managed to move onto the next round after earning the passing marks from Yang Hyun Suk and Yoo Hee Yeol. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/11/lee-his-sister-reveals-why-she-decided-to-take-her-shot-at-fame-on-k-pop-star-5 

Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Hi’s Older Sister Auditions on “K-Pop Star 5″

Lee Hi‘s older sister, Lee Hyu Rim, auditioned to be a singer on the November 29 episode of SBS’s “K-Pop Star 5.”

Lee Hyu Rim auditioned on the same show that made her little sister a K-pop star, pursuing her own dream to be a singer, no matter how late. Lee Hyu Rim sang Yoon Mi Rae‘s “Goodbye Sadness, Hello Happiness,” showing some similiarity and some differences in singing style and tone with her sister.

CVDMF5wWcAYbd2x.jpg

*Spoiler ahead for the result of her audition.

Judge Yoo Heo Yeol commented how Lee Hyu Rim reminds him of his own older brother, who gave up his own dream in music to support the family and his little brother’s dream. He gave her a pass.

Park Jin Young pointed out that Lee Hyu Rim lack something special in her singing to make her stand out from other singers, giving her a no-pass.

Yang Hyun Suk, CEO of Lee Hi’s label, gave Lee Hyu Rim a pass, despite pointing out the same thing as Park Jin Young, but also saying that the older sister reached the high notes more comfortably than her little sister.

Lee Hyu Rim will be moving on to Round 2.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/30/watch-lee-his-older-sister-auditions-on-k-pop-star-5/

Guest adikkeluangman

Yang Hyun Suk Shares His Thoughts About Lee Hi’s Sister’s Audition On “K-Pop Star”

YG Entertainment’s CEO, Yang Hyun Suk, held an interview in which he was asked about the audition of Lee Hi’s sister, Lee Hyu Rim. Lee Hyu Rim had auditioned on the same show her little sister auditioned for in the past, “K-Pop Star.”

The interviewer asked Yang Hyun Suk, “There has been a large issue recently over Lee Hi’s sister. People are saying that she got through the first round through her connections, not her talent.”

htm_2015120411263192526_99_2015120413090

To this, Yang Hyun Suk responded, “I can understand how people can think that. It is true that I showed an extra interest toward Lee Hyu Rim because she was Lee Hi’s sister. It is also true that I felt that I could at least give Lee Hyu Rim one chance. However, at the second round, I will be judging her more harshly.

It is very possible that a contestant who does very well the first round can do poorly in the next round. Although it different for different judges, I personally try to look for good points in a contestant during the first round and then judge more harshly the second round.”

He continued, “All of the judges on the show are different. Park Jin Young finds the first impression very important. Therefore, he comes out to be harsher towards contestants during auditions. Yoo Hee Yeol finds the compassion and heart of contestants to be very important.

For me, I like to find something new and fresh. Although Lee Hyu Rim received more interest from me due to her connection to Lee Hi, she also received a lot of attention from the public.

After the broadcast, she was second top searched person on the internet. No matter how well you sing, if you cannot receive interest from the public, you will not be able to get far in the show.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/04/yang-hyun-suk-shares-his-thoughts-about-lee-his-sisters-audition-on-k-pop-star/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

Judges Are Completely Blown Away by This “K-Pop Star 5″ Contestant

This young talent has just put on one of greatest performances in the show history of SBS’ “K-Pop Star.”

On the December 6 broadcast of the singing competition show, the 71 contestants who made the first cut moved on to the second round of auditions.

yoo-jei.png

Hailing from New Jersey, contestant Yoo Jei stepped forward to give her take on Billy Joel‘s “New York State of Mind.” She explained what made her choose the track, “I really love New York. I wonder what it would be like to live somewhere as fancy.”

Barely seconds into the song, the judges were amazed by her excellent vocal control and slightly raspy, charismatic voice. Once she finished her performance, the entire audience burst into wild applause.

While all three judges were totally impressed by the 15-year-old’s talent, Park Jin Young went all out with his praises. He said, “I promise that I’m not being overly dramatic here. This was the best performance that I have seen during the past five years of ‘K-Pop Star.’”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/06/judges-are-completely-blown-away-by-this-k-pop-star-5-contestant/

Archived