Drama: The Village: Achiara's Secret

Hangul: 마을- 아치아라의 비밀

Genre: thriller, mystery

Network: SBS

Episodes: 16

Director: Lee Yong-Seok

Writer: Do Hyun-Jung

Release Date: 7 October 2015

Runtime: Wednesday- Thursday 21:55 ( time slot previously occupied by  "Yong-Pal"

Production Company:

OST:

Official site: http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/endPage.do?pgm_id=22000008599&pgm_mnu_id=38306&contNo=22000144165

VIKI: https://www.viki.com/tv/28762c-the-village ( licensed)

Plot

"The village" is described as very peaceful with hardly any crime, which is why it’s so shocking when a long-buried corpse comes to light. There have been no disappearances within the village, and nobody’s looking for the body, so questions of its origins and cause of death swirl as the case unfolds and people hunt for answers. They’ll find that the village isn’t quite as ordinary as it appears, though we’re left to guess at the nature of its mystery. Dramabeans

Achiara is a peaceful village with zero crime, but, one day, a dead body is found and So-Yoon (Moon Geun-Young) tries to find the truth. Asianwiki

Cast

tumblr_nuwqwyYQ2d1sdd1ivo2_r1_540.png

Moon Geun-Young - So-Yoon

Shin Eun-kyung- Yoon Ji-Sook (art gallery director)

Yook Sung-Jae - Park Woo-Jae

Jang Hee Jin- Kim Hye Jin

Park Eun-Seok - Nam Gun-Woo

On Joo-Wan - Seo Gi-Hyun

Jeong Seong-Mo - Seo Chang-Gwon

Kim Min-Jae - Han Yeong Sa

Jang So-Yeon - Kang Joo-Hee

Ahn Seo-Hyun - Yoo-Na

Lee Yeol-Eum- Ga-Young

Choi Jae Woong-

Character descriptions

rvx6d.gif

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SBS murder-mystery-thriller Village casts Shin Eun-kyung

by javabeans | August 19, 2015 | No Comments

shineunkyung_47.jpg

SBS’s upcoming Village has me intrigued, so I’ll be watching developments closely on the drama, which is about a peaceful village that’s rocked by the sudden discovery of an unidentified corpse. Shin Eun-kyung has signed on to be a lead, which is great since she’s awesome and I love her; she has a ton of dramas under her belt (Family Secret, My Neighbor’s Wife, Scandal, Flames of Ambition), though perhaps you’ll recognize her most recently as Jo Jung-seok’s cutely interfering mother in Oh My Ghostess.

Read more Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/08/sbs-murder-mystery-thriller-village-casts-shin-eun-kyung/

SBS to follow Yong-pal with corpse mystery thriller Village

by girlfriday | August 4, 2015 | 33 Comments

Iljimae_QueSeraSera.jpg

SBS has announced their next Wednesday-Thursday drama to follow Joo-won and Kim Tae-hee’s Yong-pal: It’s called Village, and is described as a “corpse-chasing thriller” that unpacks a mystery that begins with the discovery of a dead body in a sleepy little village. Okay, that description already kind of spooks me out, mostly because my imagination is picturing something akin to the horror movie Guest. Don’t people know never to enter secluded little towns in scary movies?

Read more Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/08/sbs-to-follow-yong-pal-with-corpse-mystery-thriller-village/

She's really a great actress, I'm so happy to hear this news! Loved her in Flames of Ambition and Oh My Ghost.

From the picture I thought I know her from somewhere. I never watch her in a drama but I realized that i saw her in a movie My Wife Is a Gangster 2. I don`t remember much from that movie, some fights, a restaurant... Well, I am glad she is cast as lead in this drama. I don`t know if she will be the central character through, but I want a good character for her. It seams that she will play a key role. From the early descriptions the leads were in late 20`s and early 30`s. Maybe she is related with one of these characters or they changed/ adapt the plot. Either way, I am excited for this drama. I love the genre and the plot sounds intriguing. I hope they make a good mystery drama with compelling characters.

Shin Eun Kyung and Jang Hee Jin Join Upcoming SBS Mystery Drama The Village

eins2.jpg

Veteran actress Shin Eun Kyung is the first to join The Village, playing an artist from a hard scrabble background who marries the richest man in the village. Sounds a lot like her character from the smart but uber makjang Flames of Ambition, but hopefully with less plotting and throwing family members under the bus.

eins.jpg

I’m also thrilled to see Jang Hee Jin joining The Village, which means she’s heading straight from shooting the KBS Wed-Thurs drama Scholar Who Walks the Night into yet another Wed-Thurs drama. She plays an art teacher at the village who is also the mistress to the richest man in town. One day she disappears but her disappearance isn’t investigated by the village since she’s originally from outside the village. But her disappearance sets in motion the series of mysterious events to follow.

Read more Koalasplayground

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/08/19/shin-eun-kyung-and-jang-hee-jin-join-upcoming-sbs-mystery-drama-the-village/#more-69542

@larus, thank you for starting the thread.  We seem to like similar content . I keep finding threads you open for drama that looks promising to me as well.

Waving to @valsava my chinugu.

And hello to new friend, @wasted_youth.

I loved Shin Eun-Kyung in "Scandal: A Shocking and Wrongful Incident", and so her also afterwards in older drama with Ryu Soo-Young - "Bad Couple."  I like her.

Jang Hee-Jin I am liking now in "Scholar who walks the night"

I am not familiar with the scriptwriter at all. The only drama I have seen from this director - Lee Yeong-Seok - is Iljimae (loved it)

I am glad that Viki already has a potential page.

Please - everyone - click to follow that channel, and also submit Viki's title request form for:     The Village - 마을

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

@larus, thank you for starting the thread.  We seem to like similar content . I keep finding threads you open for drama that looks promising to me as well.

We`re welcome. I am glad you are interested in these threads. Same with chingu @valsava. Hi, dear! I don`t watch many kdramas but I am usually  "targeting" low profile dramas or artists. :)

I like both announced casting so far. Shin Eun-Kyung has a powerful presence just looking at her pictures and I am glad she has an important role here. We don`t see many good/interesting roles for women in her 40`s.  I see an improvement these days so I am more curious how will be her role. 

I like Jang Hee-Jin in Scholar Who Walks the Night as well. Her character is my favorite from female cast there. I saw her in Spy Myeongwol too. I am not sure if she will have a big part in drama Village. They said something about her disappearance. I hope she is not the victim but we`ll see.

I can`t wait to see who is cast next. I think the production is very late. Just one month from premiere, they should start shooting already.

Guest ororomunroe

I'm here simply because it is a mystery drama! Hi @larus, @irilight and @wasted_youth.

I hope it's similar to British dramas like Midsomer Murders or Inspector Morse or even the American show Ellery Queen where you're given clues and red herrings alike. A whodunnit would be icing on the cake.

I'm here simply because it is a mystery drama!

I hope it's similar to British dramas like Midsomer Murders or Inspector Morse or even the American show Ellery Queen where you're given clues and red herrings alike. A whodunnit would be icing on the cake.

Me too. I love mystery dramas. I don`t think will be similar with western shows. First, here we`ll have just one case. They will create connection between characters, backstories, I sense a common approach of kdramas but It still be good. Let`s hope for a good script. I am not familiar at all with the scriptwriter but I heard that she is good. I think more at Twin Peaks but without the fantasy elements. I mean just like one detective comes in a new quite town discovers layers of life lurking beneath it, characters that live a double a life, dark secrets. This drama has potential, I am intrigue by the premise but I doubt the execution. I keep my expectation low but still hope for a good show. 

Guest ororomunroe

I'm here simply because it is a mystery drama!

Me too. I love mystery dramas. I don`t think will be similar with western shows. First, here we`ll have just one case. They will create connection between characters, backstories, I sense a common approach of kdramas but It still be good. Let`s hope for a good script. I am not familiar at all with the scriptwriter but I heard that she is good. I think more at Twin Peaks but without the fantasy elements. I mean just like one detective comes in a new quite town discovers layers of life lurking beneath it, characters that live a double a life, dark secrets. This drama has potential, I am intrigue by the premise but I doubt the execution. I keep my expectation low but still hope for a good show. 

Ah. I don't know why I thought there would be mini cases within. Oh well. If the writer can skillfully reveal clues bit by bit, I'd be happy. It sounds more like the British drama Broadchurch. Even the premise is kinda similar:

A seemingly calm and friendly seaside town becomes a town wrapped in secrets when the death of an eleven year old boy sparks an unwanted media frenzy. As the town's locals start to open up about what they do and don't know, it falls upon the police to catch the supposed killer.

Ah. I don't know why I thought there would be mini cases within. Oh well. If the writer can skillfully reveal clues bit by bit, I'd be happy. It sounds more like the British drama Broadchurch. Even the premise is kinda similar:

I don`t know about about that show but usual I love British dramas. I would love to be more like that (even when I did not watch the drama I know I will like it :)) but this is a kdrama so, I believe it when I see it. I keep my guard up.   

No more casting news. I am worried about this show. I hope they have cast already the actors and held the script reading. I want the production to be ready, no more delays. It is very hard for the cast and crew to film under pressure of time. Hope for good news soon.

Finally more casting news. Is was about time.

From the RAW translation it seams that Kim Min Jae will play the cop who was born in this town but he returns there after 15 years for the case,  Kim Jae-Wook will play the art teacher and Lee Yeol-Eum will play a high school student (it is not clear) who grown up without a father. I want translated articles because raw translations are not that good and I could be totally wrong.

When I thought that no big (popular) names will join this drama I was wrong. It is OK.

Moon Geun Young confirmed to appear in drama Village. She takes  the heroine of this drama, a key figure in resolving the drama events. I saw her just in the drama The painter of Wind. I think this is a better role than her other project that was not materialized.

i.aspx?Guid=097b85c6e63c4edb86d90af3cd00

credit http://www.hankookilbo.com/v/9547ad6b651e2087bac67651aa92cd0d

Moon Geun Young Confirmed as the Lead of SBS Drama The Village and Reunites with Kim Jae Wook

zhea.jpg

Patience has paid off for all Moon Geun Young fans, she’s coming back with a drama and the choice is a promising one. Moon Geun Young is confirmed as the female lead of upcoming SBS Wed-Thurs corpse mystery drama The Village. The drama is from the screenwriter of Que Sera Sera and Can Love Become Money, while directing is SBS veteran PD who helmed Iljimae and The Great Seer. The Village is scheduled to premiere in mid-October after Yongpal wraps up.

Read more Koalasplayground

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/08/23/moon-geun-young-confirmed-as-the-lead-of-sbs-drama-the-village-and-reunites-with-kim-jae-wook/#more-69633

SBS is certainly making some good choices. I think they are not prepared to give up the ratings lead position after Yong Pal ends.

Here is another article.

Moon Geun Young to Have Drama Comeback With New SBS Drama

Moon Geun Young to Have Drama Comeback With New SBS Drama

Actress Moon Geun Young will be having her drama comeback in two years with an upcoming SBS drama.

Hankook Ilbo reported on August 23 that Moon Geun Young has been confirmed SBS’ upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Village – Achiara’s Secret.” She will play the lead character So Yoon, who uncovers secrets surrounding the corpses that are unearthed in her village Achiara.

“Village – Achiara’s Secret” will be about what happens to a peaceful village with very little crime when various corpses buried long time ago are found. Moon Geun Young’s character will try to find out why these corpses ended up there, and who buried them in her village. It will be produced by PD Lee Yong Suk (“Iljimae,” “The Great Seer“), and the script will be penned by screenwriter Do Hyun Jung (“Que Sera Sera,” “Can Love Become Money?”).

Moon Geun Young’s last drama was “Jung Yi, the Goddess of Fire” in 2013.

Source

I thought they changed the characters`s age and Shin Eun-kyung and Kim Min-Jae were two of the leads. :) silly me! It would have been interesting though. Not the classic two first leads and second leads. 

So the first information was correct.Now, let see the characters.  We have Moon Geun Young, the female lead, an English teacher (26 years old) and Kim Jae-Wook, the art teacher, 32 years old, the second male lead. Maybe, Jang Hee Jin (who is the art teacher as well, 28 years old) is the second female lead. It said that her character is missing but maybe she will appear in flashbacks. Let see who will be the first male lead, a cop, 28 years old.

From the article above, It seams that there are more bodies. I thought it was just one.Hmmm...

Archived