[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

I'm happy I can see BS in a better light, it will make things more complicated and more interesting, 'cause a flawed character is more complex and layered than a evil character, and BS beeing good, selfish, not selfish, feeling guilty, sorrow and willing to help people is better to watch and related to than BS in the dark side ;).

If BS doesn't let his selfshness win over his goodness, it will make things more interesting, and we will can see two flawed and good guys helpind the twins. I don't think we have to hate one to love the other: we can appreciate and cheer both flawed characters - in dfferents ways, provide that neither turns to the dark side. :) 

@ninaanin, I had a bias against LGH since watching My Name is Kim Sam Soon.  Seeing all the hate hurled at him in the Viki comments kinda made me feel guilty.  The character is goofy and kind, which LGH has played to the T.  I now find myself trying to remember exactly what BS knows and see his perspective in a kinder light.  The only person he has hurt is JE but he did it to protect YK2.  It did turn out well because JE is now on a mission to uncover the truth.

I still think that he acteded wrong in not going after what happened with YK' baby and in not informing her she was pregnant, 'cause if he was right and that was really YK, he knew she was in an advanced stage of pregnancy. So, in fact he is luck HK wasn't YK, for if she was he would have hurt her badly. But, as I said, I'm willing to give BS a chance (lol), it depends on his behaviour in nexts episodes (I still didn't watched ep 20, only read the recaps, and I can only judge properly after the subs are completely).

BTW, thanks recapers!!!! :)  

• Like 9

Just watched and understand BS behaviour…he even let JE stay when he knew it was HK calling..he is heart broken however still unable to say anything...

JE is heartbroken but still drawn to YK2/HK unknowingly of the real truth but now he will be a little sure of this...

I am not sure i want to watch the next episode when SR meets YK and the kid, this girl is twisted and after JE made things clear with her about their relation(i think that was what he clarified to her… i think they must have had this kind of talk while away given he was not even staying with her and he just looked after her in the monetary and study conditions and opportunity ways).

I just hope BS finds out SR found out and does not get dragged by her to conceal the truth, he knows all and if he does he will be going himself into a hole of lies… also hope the doctor does not start thinking SR is nice and is helping YK and kid, totally twisted true here if he does… she will possibly try to hide her from everyone so JE does not find the truth but HEY he already heard you trying to get BIL  to talk of something you never mentioned to him...

What a hell is SR making YK and kid going into her house for… hope later YK will realise she was the women she saw with a man in the beach and that the man was no other than her sister's husband … it makes me mad when BAD people in dramas start plotting and using people and no one sees or does much until the 40th episode

I got the feeling writer and production team will air more time of some characters each episode to make it to the 50, like today they spend more time in some of them so that the story comes slowly together rather than making it too often and rush the end…so i hope...

Was a goo episode but i still hope doc and YK get together … i think BS and SR will be left alone in the end but SR might die which well playing the  phsyco she is playing she might ...

SR IS LOSING EVERYBODY...JE ,HER DAD...DAD CAME TO HK AND TOLD HER THEY ARE WAINTING FOR HER...HE WILL TRUST HER...NO MATTER WHAT THE OTHERS SAY...WOW ...POOR HK TOLD JE THAT IS CRYING BECAUSE SHE IS SCARED SHE  MIGHT FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM, SHE MIGHT ALREADY BE ...JE ASKED HER TO TRY TO RECOVER HER MEMORIES...BUT LATER BS DAD CAME TO HER WITH FOOD...SO I'M AFRAID SHE CAME TO JE ONLY TO END THEIR STORY...SHE LOOKED SO SAD...I'M AFRAID THAT SHE WILL WANT TO GO BACK TO BAEK HOUSE

• Like 8

I see that BS has decided to keep it a secret that he knows that HK is alive and she and YK are different people plus them been twin. The lunatic still wants to hold onto HK despite knowing that she is not YK and what makes the matter worse now is that because he knows she is HK, he is now looking at HK with guilt and sadness which is making HK more uncomfortable as she is looking for ways to console and cheer BS up, BS was looking at her with so much sadness when she is not at fault, if he wants to be greedy instead of revealing the truth, then he should throws his conscience away and just enjoy been with HK.

Now that SR knows that YK is different person from HK in the preview after meeting YK, HK is in danger of getting hurt by SR plans as the lady is not taking no for an answer even as JE reminded her that he has no interest in pursuing a romantic relationship again with her in today's episode.

• Like 5

I see that BS has decided to keep it a secret that he knows that HK is alive and she and YK are different people plus them been twin. The lunatic still wants to hold onto HK despite knowing that she is not YK and what makes the matter worse now is that because he knows she is HK, he is now looking at HK with guilt and sadness which is making HK more uncomfortable as she is looking for ways to console and cheer BS up, BS was looking at her with so much sadness when she is not at fault, if he wants to be greedy instead of revealing the truth, then he should throws his conscience away and just enjoy been with HK.

Now that SR knows that YK is different person from HK in the preview after meeting YK, HK is in danger of getting hurt by SR plans as the lady is not taking no for an answer even as JE reminded her that he has no interest in pursuing a romantic relationship again with her in today's episode.

WELL HE IS STILL IN SHOCK...I HOPE HE WILL REALIZE IS WRONG AND WILL DO THE RIGHT THING ...

• Like 7

4 P.M. in the Afternoon   OMG..... What an exciting episode!

I've not had a chance to read a single post here since this morning.  Watched Episode 19 ( incomplete subs still) and immediately after went through Episode 20 (raw---I thought --- some scattered subs).

Now i am too over-excited to make a rational comment  on my 2 hour experience.  Like my buddy in slowness, BS, I NEED SOME TIME TO PROCESS ALL OF THIS!   :w00t:    :o     :blink:

THIS WOULD BE ENOUGH TO END A DRAMA FOR MOST WRITERS.  ONLY NEEDS 1 OR 2 MORE EPISODES FOR A BIG FINISH! 

1)    First surprise? --- JE heard everything SR & TS discussed in that Study! Did not miss a single word.

2)    BS and JE are slowly getting together on the issue of who HK really is and will probably share information. I loved that JE told BS how HK/YK2 thinks of him, the "lighthouse, the beacon" speech from the hospital! Will probably cooperate with each other,( from their love for her) along with info from Hyun Woo and from Real Yong Gi's credit cards to trace Yong gi's movements, then Hae Kang's movements.  ( noted that BS went home, leaving JE to go in and be with HL/YK2).

3)    I'm dying to know what JE said to SR after he heard her story about "What Yong Gi is really like."

88888888888888888888888

SO MUCH HAPPENED IN EPISODE  20---- I don't want to start commenting before I catch up on what you have been posting in the forum.  I need to calm down!!!   So many developments!  Just a few of them would have been enough for another Writer to spin out an entire drama.  What the heck will our Writer have in store for us in the next 30 episodes?

:D      :P       :sweatingbullets:       :rolleyes:     :phew:

Edited by mdj101
  • Like 11

So now BS knows YK2 is HG. I kinda understand his situation right now. I think he will let HG & JE fall in love together again. He will let her memory decides it's fate. BS must have fallen in love with HG but he knows it's not right, just like when YK1 told him no. I like this kind of BS. He will be the lighthouse of HG until she finds herself again.....JE starts his investigation with HG unknowingly on his side. JE will not stop until he finds the truth......Why on earth does HG & YK's mom wants to cover up that they are twins? Perhaps she will try to protect YK? Does she know someone is after her daughter? ....I'm not sure why JE's father placed YK1's wallet in HG box? Did he forsee his son will investigate HG's death?.....What is wrong with mother former Ms. Korea? Hahaha..her dementia is inevitable :blink:.....SR is just one lucky b**** She's not wasting her time either. Now she has YK1 & her daughter. What is her motive? Argghhh! I have too many questions...:crazy: I can't wait for Satuday! :) 

• Like 11

I didn't watch hole ep but have to say something about that scene when BS and JE talks...i so liked that JE told to BS good things HK told him about BS and her life with him...but most interesting thing was what JE said about her: i have to know why my wife died...why in my eyes 2 persons r still the same...why when everybody and all circumstances say no, on my eyes she looks like her, so i'm afraid to even look at her...so sad but his honesty moved me :(

BTW...i think she came to JE to take his offer to get her memory back..at least i want her to...i want them to fight...not just go with the flow

Edited by zagigirl
  • Like 11

Guest zetutume

aaaaaaaaaaa.......  Wow! Both of the episodes were awesome. 

Favorite parts: 

a. End of SR-JE relations. (I am glad JE worked as a construction worker/tutor/ and what not to support SR. At least he did not destroy her future but made her self reliant, letting her develop professionally. I give a plus point to JE for this and another plus for ending his relationship with SR and telling her straight that even if HK is dead he wants to be with her) 

b. HK tells JE she wants to follow him, even if he does not care about her. That was so sweet. 

c. JE asking for forgiveness of his wife in front of their home (plus point) 

d. JE remembering how sad HK had been and tried to kill herself and how rude he was at that time and what he said. 
e. YK back in town!!! I believe even if BS loves someone else now, she will be his saving grace. I see her in a romantic angle with the Doc but I think her friendship will save BS from the sadness of losing HK. 

f. Now that I have let go the cheating anger that I have had for JE and I am feeling the chemistry between JE and HK again... I am thinking she should remember everything soon. She can choose to stay with BS, till BS himself recognizes he ougtta let go. It should be JE who needs to understand now, jealously or no jealously, it should be his turn to wait for HK. (That's what I think)

g. I haven't changed my mind about GN  getting together with both HK and YK. She deserves it. 

The moment I disliked: 
BS dad intervening because of SR's complaint! How ridiculous is that! Why did he not interfere with SR and let her run as she pleased and when it comes to BS life, he feels the need to force someone (who has no memories of the past and is fighting with her self to give herself away to his son, knowing she does not wish it! )

Ahhh.. addictive. So far the writers are doing a great job of twists and turns plots and subplots and shockers! :)

Just completed EP 19 with subs Great episode- thanks Viki subbers.

A few posters have already given great inputs on BS reactions and Conversation with HK - so I will just add Good for You BS -- no begging, no trying to make HK feel guilty or obligated-- Basically he says I feel bad I could not be the one open your heart -- follow your heart.  
He is still very much in shock after discovering about twins and seeing YK.  Looking forward to EP 20

One thing I did pick up on and since no one else mentioned, it might just be  me --

In the meeting of HK & JE outside the columbarium after JE ignores her -- she stops him and basically says --- It may be over for you, but not me -- I will disappear once you start looking human again.

This scene and words are similar to what was shown in EP 4 (at about 30 min point) -- when JE says let's divorce to HK -- at end of that back forth between them -- HK basically says you are ready but I am not -- give me 3 months and I will hurry to our end and see what our end looks like.

Many at that time (EP 4 ) thought this was HK trying to buy time to hold onto to JE.

Now seeing the more detailed words in EP 19 -- I think she may have wanted that time so their end would not be so hateful as it was.

Only future episodes will tell us how this really ends -- looking forward to EP 20 subbed.

• Like 11

Ep 20 had a lot talking going on that I can't rely on  my face reading power.  It is an episode we need the subbed so desperately.  

I am wondering, now that JE  found out the urna was empty, he doesn't conclude that YK2 is HG, does he?  Because he hasn't known the fact that HG has a twin sister.  He may still think she is the real YK, but HG might be still alive somewhere?  He thinks she is MIA (missing in action)?  

The preview of 21, nothing of HG and JE......how could they do this to us?:o

Edited by deandraluv
  • Like 13

@ninaanin:---- I had to "Google" to see the role LGH played in "my lovely Sam Soon". I loved that drama (as did LOTS of people). Your comment , especially the references to so many negative comments in Viki, make me think once more about the importance of good looks for all who would work on stage or in front of the camera in the visual arts.

IMO ---- We want the actors to be the most beautiful, most handsome, "best looking examples of men and women", do we not?   Why is that? I've thought about that a lot over the years. We want them to represent our idealised self, I think.

Average looking people are fine in a documentary.  We know full well that "looks aren't everything" in real life.

SPOILER --- Random thoughts on same topic --- OK to Skip--- You've been warned!

But I think we want the Visual Arts to be similar to great Literature in important ways.  Literature is the finest expression of truths about so many aspects of the Human Condition.  We look to it for exceptional inspiration as well as entertainment.   I can get a popular romance novel or a mystery novel for an enjoyable bit of diversion from daily stresses or boredom.  Same with some light/funny/etc. films, plays, TV shows, etc.  

IMO we want characters in the visual arts to be the perfect, the ultimately beautiful version, of ourselves that exist in our mind's eye as we see ourselves acting as the characters does!    This is what I feel I experience much of the time as I follow along with the film, the drama, the play. etc. I see ME being the central figure, the hero.  And I learn new things in the process. 

So a fine man like LGH will be limited in roles because of his appearance.  In his career he will be fortunate to have a few "break-out roles" that allow him to be "the hero" --- a man with great charisma and sex-appeal, a man the ladies swoon over.  The sort of man a woman in Real Life would find extremely attractive, a man a woman would love and adore.  I remind myself that handsome men are NOT the only actors/men who have found loving wives, and have happy marriages and families.

Actors like LGH, however, elevate the character they are given to play.  Without them there would be NONE of the modern visual arts then, after all.  And I especially enjoy seeing them in Korean dramas.  In the same season, I can see a character actor in different role in several dramas simultaneously appearing live on TV in Korea!  Happening right now with several actors from this drama!  In early days of TV in  here in the States, some TV shows ran full seasons as repertory companies. One example, The Loretta Young Show.  Every week she was the main actor, but her role and the story were new and different!  Can't think of other example right now.

I absolutely LOVE this about Korean drama---the 16 to 20/24 week period is great!  I avoid getting "hooked" on long, never ending soap operas that way, too!

I love seeing actors moving gracefully from center stage, "the OTP", to roles as older relatives and characters (Principals, Bosses, etc.).

SIDE NOTE:..... I'm disappointed to find that sometimes I've been tricked by the power of the visual arts into thinking the actor I've come to despise on the screen  is really not like that at all!  I think I can't be fooled like that!  But I was.  In the drama, "Temptation", I disliked the character played by Choi Ji Woo. I never doubted for a minute that CJW was as much a "B" as that character.  Until I saw her in the reality show, "Grandpas Over Flowers".  What a sweet, sincere, lovely person she seems to be.  Like the character she just played in the drama, "Twenty Once Again".

By the way, there was nothing anyone could have said to me to convince me I had been wrong about CJW after "Temptation" either!   

Thanks for hearing me out.  A little bit off-topic, maybe, but about actors in dramas, in general!

Edited by mdj101
  • Like 9

@ninaanin:---- I had to "Google" to see the role LGH played in "my lovely Sam Soon". I loved that drama (as did LOTS of people). Your comment , especially the references to so many negative comments in Viki, make me think once more about the importance of good looks for all who would work on stage or in front of the camera in the visual arts.

IMO ---- We want the actors to be the most beautiful, most handsome, "best looking examples of men and women", do we not?   Why is that? I've thought about that a lot over the years. We want them to represent our idealised self, I think.

Average looking people are fine in a documentary.  We know full well that "looks aren't everything" in real life.

Hidden Content

@mdj101

You say that and then there are those works that try to have us look at the other side Hunch Back, Beauty and the Beast, The Fool, 101 proposals.  Is it life imitates art or art imitates life. 

• Like 4

Hidden Content

It wasn't me, it was @elzbth . I'm a little ashamed to say but I didn't even watched My Lovely Sam Soon ^_^:) 

• Like 4

Random thought. 

A drama that at the top of my list is Moon that Embraces the Sun.   One of the great scenes in it is when the King has defend himself for falling in love with  Wol  after Heo Yeon-Woo regains her memory.    I am going to die if JE has to explain that he was not unfaithful to HK a second time  with YK2.  Will HK be  jelly of herself? 

Also will all the bad guys pay the price like in that drama.

Hateful ending for me would be?

I also hope that YK does not die and the her daughter is adopted by JE & HK.    

• Like 8

So far I'm enjoying the fact that YK2 is very honest with her feelings. Also, like others have said, she is beginning to wear more professional looking clothes. Maybe it's cause of love? Gotta dress to impress!!!! 

Someone in the viki comment said that the pace of the drama was slow. I thought it was going fast-paced. So fast that the ending is unpredictable. Most dramas I've watched the ending was predictable. Not sure what the writer is thinking for the end. Anyone else thinks the pace is fine?

• Like 13

Let me ask you what you guys think about Hyun Woo ---up to this point in the drama.

DISCLAIMER:---- This man gets on my last nerve!  Then makes it scream out in pain!

IMO he is the most useless character in the "inner circle" of family/friends.  OK....Say he's smart enough to hold a research Position at the School, and  later in CNP Corp. ?

Way worse than BS at picking up clues or seeing the "big picture".  Outside the lab, he hasn't a clue to what's really taking place---not even if you shove it in his face!  So he's JE's "best buddy".  How the heck did that happen?  What does he bring to their relationship?  Not much that I can see!  He moves with the winds of rumor and public opinion.  He's not offered a single bit of helpful advice to JE yet.  Just a teeny, wus-like whimper about how JE should be careful about his reputation, BEFORE SR went after JE and snagged him!

What do you think a real friend might have done so far?  What would you have said to JE  or done for him, as his best friend?

Can you tell I don't like him, so far?       :angry:        Show me where I'm wrong.

• Like 9

After watched ep 19 100% subbed and 20 at 89%, I can say: wow what a writing!!!! I think the pace is fatastic for a 50 eps drama! It doesn't feel like 50, but It feel like 20. And that makes me dread if the writer will be able to keep the pace and the inteligent unfolding of the story. Hope yes!.

What I'm amazing at her writing is the fact that in some episodes she makes us (at least me) be really annoyed or angry with a character and two episodes later makes us willing to comprehend and cheer him/her up, and otherwise. The only invariable feeling is towards is SR. Another thing: the way she unvails the characters motivations and personalities through a third party is amazing. In ep 20 she did it through JE's mother and YK.

What I can say about those episodes, and specialy 20:

1. BS - I think the character is making a u turn. He lets HK follow her heart. He knows about the twins, but in my opinion, on the one hand he is still confused of what to do; on the other hand twin's mother and YK asked for his silence; lastly, it is very difficult to him to say it: he knows what he has to do, but he is afraid of the consequences (yeah lost any chance with HK), but I think this is really humain to exitate in this situation (but can't take long). And from what YK said, BS have being always a kind guy. He has made mistakes (some very very huge - as the YK's "lost" baby), but he is a guy with a good nature, who has also his flaws. I hope he won't desapoint me in the future.

2. JE - well from ep 19 we are told that JE passed three or 4 days without eating or what else, only mourning HK in front of her "grave". I know that due the pace of the drama it doesn't feel like much time, but imo it is. I think the writer made a choise here: filling the drama with many scenes of JE's sorrow and then responding to those amongst us who want to see JE's suffering, and therefore sacrificing the pace of the show; or, in a economic way with few scenes showing his suffering and in this way giving us enough information about JE's suffering and love without wasting much time. I have to say that I'm glad she chose the latter. I love shows who can conveying in few scenes its message (at least to me it was enough!). Furthermore in ep 20 we was told: a) that JE's supported HK's in her college days in many ways, he was not only her lover but her "protector", really taking care of her; b ) his intuition says she is HK, and he is afraid to even look at her - I think it won't take long now to him to be sure she is HK. And it is now clear that JE will do everything to uncover the thruth. 

3. HK - I will only say: wow she is paying every sin that she commited while being the ruthless lawyer. Poor HK!!! Her journay is like a purgatory.

4. SR - turned evil without redemption. And she thinks that she will register the marriage!!!???!!! Psycho!! To SR it is against her better interest that JE's mother is with dementia. Right know she is her only help, and if she has dementia she won't even know who SR is!!. I don't think she is willing to help her purely out of compassion, but out of despair.

Really appreciating the actors work. Both main actors are amazing :) 

Too many words already. Bye ;) 

• Like 10