BIGBANG Wrapped Up in Plagiarism Speculations Concerning “Sober”

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dodl

They have the same chord progression, it's really not that big of a deal except because they're Big Bang

Three notes are the same - & the style/background mix is similar. Sheesh. Reminds me of the insanity of people claiming Zep stole Stairway from Spirit (again, 3 notes ...)
But hey! Huffington Post doing their part in promoting Big Band - all good!

Guest taetaelover_stv

So apparently the video might have been altered. So in the video comparing the songs, Big Bangs song was altered to remove the bass and change the key to try to make it similar to “Glad You Came”. So its probably better to listen to the songs separately before forming your opinion on whether Big Bang plagiarized or not.

Guest actcool000_stv

OMG! Instead of appreciating good music that were made and presented by big bang, the netizens are desperately looking for mistakes and faults to drag big bang down!! So stupid. They rather listening to trashy song and ignoring true artist's talents. So freaking sad..And news about MV director who was declining to direct 2PM MV coz he prefer BB more is even ridiculous. Why the netizen are tryin so hard to put the blame on BB?? Even if its true, its not BB or YG faults. It was decision made by the director himself. Everyone has their own preference. and for me, I am a huge fan of BB and I respect them as an ARTIST!!

Guest actcool000_stv

Oh my... it's the same! :o Shame on BB! 

its not even close. people try to 'plant' this negative ideas in ur head and now ure making judgement on them based on this trash. and da fact dt ure writing this so unlikely comment, it showed that ure truly not a fan of them and trying so hard to ruin their reputation. Shame is on U!

Guest ajengskirana

Just the tempo and the beginning of the song is a bit similar. But it sounds different.

Guest ajengskirana

I believe in bigbang. They have a really good talents and abilities. They don't even need to copying another song. The song they made already epic just the way they were.

Guest REINA_TITANIA

I've talked about it with my friends before on how both sober and bae bae have a very familiar tone but we just couldn't figure out what tone exactly, even though I still stand by my opinion I don't think that bigbang will blatantly plagiarize the wanted tune like this even if I do admit there are certain similarities .do I think they sliiiightly mixed and matched from different songs for their comeback? unfortunately I do but not to the extent they take a full chorus. I've been a fan of bigbang since their debut when they were still rookies and I'm still to this day but for a three years break their comeback didn't meet my expectations

Edit: there are a lot of songs that seems similar, I don't think it's possible to make a 100% original song because there are billions of songs out so if the similarities are not in melody then maybe in lyrics and that will always happen ( haha I just remembered selena gomez's love you like a love song lyrics I think they explain it perfectly)

Guest michelletjoa_stv

oh my god........ stop overreacting! if you hear it closely, its beat is somehow different. its obvious bcus huffington post was UK's and they will somehow make it similar -_-

Guest michelletjoa_stv

i think there are musics that has the same that kind of beat. bcus its so familiar. there are lots of songs that has that beat. stop overreacting -_-

Listened to both twice and just can't see the justification for claims of plagarism. Beats are different and words are different. Songs often have similar sounds but are not the same -- I just don't understand this claim.

The words are different, the melody isn't even the same notes. However the people that put this together also sped up the original version of Glad You Came to raise the notes and get it in to the same key as Sober. This has to be some crazy Shinee or Exo fans trying to create drama. Big Bang is Big Bang -get over it.

Guest novadestin

Kindly stop confusing "sounds a bit similar" with "exactly the same". By that logic, all of techno, trap, house, trance, drum and bass, hardstyle, etc is the exact same song over and over again. It's ridiculous! The keys/chords for these two songs are completely different. They are distinct, no matter how tone deaf your ears are. On top of that, most Wanted fans (you know those people who have heard GYC like a million times?) are all "dafuq are you talking about?" It's just more idiotic bs to throw on the pile.

pfffttt..."Glad You Came" was and still be my jam. Why i don't recall "Sober" is the same with the song? kekekkeke....Knetz or whoever it is, maybe trying to put GD down because of that interview recently about what make BB different with another boygroup.LOL

That is exactly what most of the negative comments they toss out are about. "GD said BB made all their own songs haha" It's just haters justifying their hate.

Guest lola_1998

I don't know why there is a plagiarism speculation every time they come out with a new song :( 

I feeeeeel bad 

this was even on the ystar news 

basically it says

G-Dragon's heartbreaker was similar to flo.rida's right round and

big bang's <Lies> was similar to Free Tempo

Hope someone clarify this 

Guest novadestin

Not by me, but adding it for relevance: 'Glad You Came' has a B♭ cord with a main E♭ - Gm. 'Sober', on the other hand, is on a C key with the main cord being F - C - Am - G. The keys of the two songs are different and the part that you're all thinking sounds the same sounds completely different when you match the keys up.

Archived