Chinese Actor Huang Xiaoming Discusses Exchange with Tao Regarding Rumors of Leaving EXO

Chinese actor Huang Xiaoming opened up about the rumors that Tao will be leaving EXO. During a press conference for the movie "My Sunshine" on April 22, Huang Xiaoming revealed, "Tao told me that he will be putting out a statement tonight." It was relayed that he said this when there was a technical difficulty that resulted in a delay in the movie being played, during which time the actor came down from the stage and spoke with the media. When asked, "Did you already know about EXO Tao's withdrawal from the group?" Huang Xiaoming replied, "Actually, I saw an article about it before and asked Tao whether it was true. Tao told me it was false. However, today, Tao told me, 'I may be making a statement tonight' and told me to know that." Also, when asked whether he knew about Tao's recent conditions, he said, "He's probably getting treatment in Qingdao." Huang Xiaoming and Tao are both from Qingdao, and are known to be close. Tao even made a cameo in the Chinese film "My Sunshine" with Huang Xiaoming's recommendation. Meanwhile, Tao's father posted a letter on Weibo on April 22, asking for Tao's withdrawal from EXO. At that, SM Entertainment responded, "We are seeking a constructive direction with Tao’s side. We were recently in the process of meeting with Tao and Tao’s father in China about various activities, so we think it is unfortunate for a letter like this to be posted. Nevertheless, we will continue to meet with Tao’s father about finding a constructive direction." Source (1) See also: EXO to Carry Out Music Show Schedules as Planned [Updated with Official SM Response] Rumors of Tao Leaving EXO Resurface After His Father Posts a Letter Online EXO’s Tao Halts Music Show Promotions Due to Ankle Injury

View the full article

Archived