Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

@willenette,

I can sign under each word of yours. BYJ's films are so impressive that nothing compares to them. From time to time I watch other K-dramas but the main thought is - neither like Winter Sonata, nor like April Snow. And, above all - nobody like Bae Yong Joon!

Recently I've watched Temptation with Choi Ji Woo in the leading role. A nice drama for those, who haven't watched Winter Sonata. For the rest - a patchwork: the ideas from the Sonata are so obvious. Even the puzzle was there. Yes, there is a moment or two, when you can shed some tears, but nothing more.

Hi mstamatoff, I completely agree with you - nobody does it like BYJ! I also love AS. There are some lovemaking scenes, which are more sensual than erotic. Bae Yong-jun is a victim of his own popularity as I've seen more than one criticism of his acting that reflects the writers' "hate-celebrity" syndrome. But for me, in this film he has demonstrated his acting prowess. Although the plot of the film is essentially very predictable. It's a sad but lovely movie. I'm satisfied with the ending. What I love the most about this movie is the development of the relationship between the two people. Dialogues are few and one needs to pay attention to so many subtle details in each and every scene. :P

• Like 2

@willenette,

I already had the chance to say some time ago on this forum, my opinion about April Snow. To me, this is the best film Bae has made.

Because of the fact that there are only two characters and he is the leading one, the spectator can concentrate on his role and his acting skills. The first time I watched the film, I was astonished how realistically he conveys the situations and feelings. The impression is - he doesn't act at all. This is his own life, which he shares with us. Only later I would read in an interview BYJ's words: "I didn't play the role of In-su, I was In-su." Only later I would understand, that there were up to 60 takes of each scene, although it leaves the impression as if it was shot from the very first try. The interview revealed the 80 cigarettes a day Bae smoked because of the huge pressure, and the impact this had on his health. Knowing all these facts, one starts respecting and loving Bae Yong Joon even more (if it is possible at all).

The haters: most of all I was surprised by the opinions that the film was stolid, phlegmatic. The characters have managed to live a whole life within these 90 minutes - from the calm family life, through the terror of possibility to lose the person you love, through the pain of betrayal, through the uncertainty what to do in the new situation, through the shy new feelings - not allowed, not acceptable by the Korean society (to me - one of the main reasons for the negativism, that poured over the staff of the film), yet real, giving at least some consolation, warmth, and a haven of rest from the bitter thoughts and sorrow.

Every glance, and gesture, and tear, speak more than the words pronounced. And this is how The Master works!

• Like 2

@willenette,

I already had the chance to say some time ago on this forum, my opinion about April Snow. To me, this is the best film Bae has made.

Because of the fact that there are only two characters and he is the leading one, the spectator can concentrate on his role and his acting skills. The first time I watched the film, I was astonished how realistically he conveys the situations and feelings. The impression is - he doesn't act at all. This is his own life, which he shares with us. Only later I would read in an interview BYJ's words: "I didn't play the role of In-su, I was In-su." Only later I would understand, that there were up to 60 takes of each scene, although it leaves the impression as if it was shot from the very first try. The interview revealed the 80 cigarettes a day Bae smoked because of the huge pressure, and the impact this had on his health. Knowing all these facts, one starts respecting and loving Bae Yong Joon even more (if it is possible at all).

The haters: most of all I was surprised by the opinions that the film was stolid, phlegmatic. The characters have managed to live a whole life within these 90 minutes - from the calm family life, through the terror of possibility to lose the person you love, through the pain of betrayal, through the uncertainty what to do in the new situation, through the shy new feelings - not allowed, not acceptable by the Korean society (to me - one of the main reasons for the negativism, that poured over the staff of the film), yet real, giving at least some consolation, warmth, and a haven of rest from the bitter thoughts and sorrow.

Every glance, and gesture, and tear, speak more than the words pronounced. And this is how The Master works!

mstamtoff, I couldn't agree with you more - Well-said, dear. :P

• Like 2

Happy weekend ! 

Hi RamonaMona, thanks for sharing this picture. It catches my heart. Every time I visit his thread & see some photos like the one you're sharing, I'm being very careful of my heart - hahaha. BYJ is sophisticated sexy in this capture.  To say that I am looking forward for more is an understatement! Ahhh.........BYJ needs to sign on a drama soon…or a movie will do. :P

• Like 2

Some unusual news from around the web from the last few days.  Thanks to Café Daum, Arirang, and Hancinema there is news about  KeyEast star, Son Hyun Joo, who had a premier 10-22-15 for his new movie The Phone. 

Hancinemamasthead_zpsjinugv1f.png

moviepremierehancinema_zpsr5hn4ecx.png

hancinema_zpsx1gvkvqv.png

Things that I found interesting in reading about this showing of the movie was that many sources (none of them in English) mentioned that BYJ was in the audience.  The many BYJ bloggers who were talking about this were also skeptical (and disappointed) because there were no pictures of BYJ.  But since Son Hyun Joo has become a recent KeyEast member I wouldn't be surprised if BYJ was there. 

Here is a link from Arirang about the showing of the movie, and interviews with the cast.

http://www.arirang.co.kr/TV2/Tv_VOD_Category.asp?Prog_Code=TVCR0112

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Also in the news - about business - something that may draw groans from many of you here:  From Reuters,

KECosmetics_zpsscw1lh1p.png

KeyEast stocks soared on this announcement.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know some who read these pages would rather see different material about BYJ, but his business acumen, interests, and successes (of him and those around him) are just as reflective of his entire personality and incorporate everything that makes him a watchable personality; they make him the fascinating screen presence that he is.  He is more than "just another pretty face."  I, too, would love to see him in a movie, drama, or even a special, but until one of those things really happen, I have found I am just as content reading about these other things, too.  

I do believe he will surface eventually and give his true fans a treat.  Until then, we can celebrate things from the past while we wait for the future.  Whatever happens, his story may be one of the most unique in the history of entertainers.

Though she may not appreciate it, I must borrow a quote from @mstamatoff here: " Every glance, and gesture, and tear, speak more than the words pronounced. And this is how The Master works!"  

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

@MyStars,

We can only be glad about BYJ's thriving business and wait patiently for him to recall his earlier successful field.

I really appreciate that you like my words about Bae. 

You are such a good sport.  I loved your words about Bae, but I gotta tell ya,  ;), I was tempted to add:  "and business decision".  But then it wouldn't be all your quote.

• Like 2

This is Soompi being contrary.  It froze, then repeated my comments  when I thought they were lost.

More later.

Here is the "more later."  A couple of different BYJ blogs have posted emails they get from Tour Companies who follow, er, search out , uhmm, see  Mr. and Mrs. BYJ around somewhere in Seoul and describe what they are wearing and what they are doing.  This is the best English translation I could find; it comes from Anjela's blog (Japanese). Thank you for sharing.Sitings_zps1xjq136o.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can understand why for years BYJ probably did not have an IG or other personal social website.  While reading the comments on his IG I found these.  And they will probably get me in trouble, :sweatingbullets: but I am in that kind of mood :angry:.......see if you agree with me.

lostpeople1_zpsqvvpd4u7.png

The names have been blotted out to protect these poor lost :blink: people.  I can understand comments that praise, that sing him songs, that even criticize him, but these two (or is it three?) people do not even know why they are on this particular IG.  This could be so frustrating to a sane and responsible person. 

By the way, for those who are not keeping track on their own, the BYJ IG is now up to 67.6 thousand followers, and the PSJ (Mrs. BYJ) IG is at a healthy 1.4 million followers.  Too bad that out of his 67.6 thousand followers, two (or maybe three) have no idea where they are. 

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

Wow!  The first sighting (other than Tour Company briefings) since the wedding.  The pictures basically looked like this:

atamovie_zpsvijsmfme.pngcredit as tagged

But then I got busy with some software to try to isolate and brighten you-know-who.

movietime1_zpsokuliwex.jpg

atamovie3_zpsu7hz1wbi.jpg

atamovie4_zpsabqmnjo1.jpg

atamovie5_zpsha1mlx2f.jpg

These last two I grabbed from Café Daum.....much thanks

moremovietime_zpsxz3agcrl.png

movemovietime1_zpslqgle1an.png

And lastly, from Café Daum, complete with translation.....BYJ voice mobile

1446002577469BYJ_zpszvnkv5kv.png

And, just because it is Wednesday, here's a morph I've been working on using two of his pictures from Italy.  Please enjoy

imageedit_1_6904128193_zpsupbx8ccs.gif

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2