Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

While we are still on the subject of BYJ and the music from his movies and dramas, here are a couple of other selections from April Snow.  I am so grateful to all of the artistic and patient YouTubers who create these wonderful items.

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

Major thanks to you @RamonaMona for the KeyEast photo update and a new digital art photo from her.  News from around the internet says the incredible Mr. Bae and wife SuJin are spending quiet times with families for the "Korean Thanksgiving."  There are many quiet times for many of us throughout the world, too.  Just to finish the music OST for April Snow, here is a related artwork by 'yours truly.'  It is an illustration from the early part of the movie April Snow.

ASHands1fiinalptg1reducedtimes2_zpsjg6ej

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

Nice digital @RamonaMona! 

When I posted last time about "Korean Thanksgiving" and what Mr. and Mrs. Bae would be doing, I forgot to post the link.  Get translator pal ready.  http://ekr.chosunonline.com/site/data/html_dir/2015/09/24/2015092402188.html?ent_rank_right

From Café Daum we have another voice mobile, but this time it is a little different.  The phrase being said is not written on the picture, but the translation is: Would you like a cup of coffee? Picture is:

1443074086573BYJ_zps4md2ludj.png

Also a couple of days ago there was an interesting-looking article in Café Daum about Bae, but three translator robots I use could not make any sense of what was being said.  Grrr.  Then today on a Chinese site I found a fairly good read!  Amazing how the world works.  Here is a visual of part of the article.

practicing%20pronunciation_zpsx1peiigi.p

Here is the translation from YJ2829 site at Tieba-Baidu.

Yesterday (September 23) aired on SBS's late-night TV entertainment program, when Pei Yongjun filming, film roles for a restore, grew up practice pronunciation for 8 hours.

The same day, the show invited to Song Zhongji, pool, and Yong Pei Chun professionals discuss script lines. The program, when it comes to cooperation with Pei Yongjun, the source said: "I work with Pei Yongjun over a longer period of time, he had filmed costume drama of the scandal because the film depicts North Korean characters, so Pei Yongjun in order to restore the characters in the film, often from 9 o'clock to 5 o'clock in the morning, 8 hours of practice pronunciation.
The source also added that Pei Yongjun just this point carefully, he shot what TV shows and movies, to set an hour earlier than other actors. While in the Studio when you see Pei Yongjun, who has worked with staff to discuss the script, into his work.

In addition, Pei Yongjun and Su-jin Park in July this year marriage. (Zebian: Zhou Yuhan) < all star network >
Copyright < 스포츠조선 Chinese version: all-star network >

And here are some comments.  They are priceless!!  and touching.  Thank you YJ2829 for letting us borrow this.

1. Do anything that seriously dedicated silver! i_f34.png?t=20140803
  2. Serious boss is one of the most admired people of
  3. Just so that there are so many fans like him!
  4. In addition to admire is awesome! Always fascinated by touching!
  5. Of noble and professional spirit!
  6. Perfect man, the boss.image_emoticon36.pngimage_emoticon34.png
  7. There is no doubt that man has the charm of yj has ali_022.gifali_022.gif already liked him more than 10 years, also likedali_042.gif
  8. Is his dedication to success successful yj today!i_f48.png?t=20140803
  9. Serious and dedicated talent on success.i_f48.png?t=20140803

Café Daum also featured another IG from ai_min_min.

1443055615310instagram_zpsi31hfgih.png

In his career BYJ has "hawked" or sold everything from pizza to telecommunications, and clothing.  LOTS of clothing as this delightful ad from Maypole shows. (He has been a spokesperson in commercials for televisions, eyeglasses, washing machines, almonds, chewing gum, . . .and whatever he was doing, he seemed to love every minute.)

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

@MyStars,

Thank you for this valuable info about BYJ's way of work. This is one of the many reasons we love him - he is a professional that cares about the slightest and smallest detail: pronunciation, a gesture, a glance, a costume, anything adding depth to his character, no matter how much time and effort it will take.

@RamonaMona, thank you for the photos and artwork, wonderful as always!

• Like 2

@MyStars,

Thank you for this valuable info about BYJ's way of work. This is one of the many reasons we love him - he is a professional that cares about the slightest and smallest detail: pronunciation, a gesture, a glance, a costume, anything adding depth to his character, no matter how much time and effort it will take.

Hi mstamatoff, I guess BYJ as an artist is a perfectionist. I know he is as well as a person. BYJ is an amazing person! :P

Good morning !

A wonderful day .

Hi RamonaMona, thanks for sharing this beautiful & NICE picture. Love it! I also love his hat. :P

• Like 2

@MyStars,

Happy to oblige @mstamatoff!  As you know, the back pages of Soompi, back when BYJ's career was starting, are filled with more interesting anecdotes like that one. There are many tales about his professional quest to be as good as he could be.   If any of you are newbies just discovering BYJ, please try to go backward in time just as far as you can to pick up on some of the delightful stories told by many different voices/people.  I remember when I first started reading~from the beginning~It was like going to a library and finding the most precious, and largest book there, and having to go back again and again to renew. Or going into an old attic and finding treasure after treasure.  Nowadays, when his movies, dramas, and specials are few to non-existent, anything that can be found out about him is twice as valuable, and even old material bears repeating and re-discovering. 

Did anyone get to see the "blood moon" or harvest moon?  Big disappointment for me, as it was raining here.  But Onpu has made a digital using BYJ and a big harvest moon.  Thank you for sharing.

772dd7cf-b5bb-4516-a2e6-3652afa0cdd4_zps

Continuing on with the theme of dark nights with big moons and stars, Onpu also created an MV that was published a couple of years ago.

Here is that MV from Onpu.  Soompi and I are going to have it out!  Trying to place an MV in these pages, for me, is becoming impossible.  Soompi froze again and I have re-posted this twice.  Wish me luck. 

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

Wow!  @RamonaMona!  What a sudden burst of creativity....is it the change of seasons and change in the weather that brings that out?  Anyway, Soompi pages are the winners. 

I was reading in a couple of different blogs from fans who were asking BYJ if he was preparing for a new calendar shoot, and that reminded me that it was almost exactly a year ago that the newspaper Dispatch gave us this great set of photos.

Remember%20when_zpslnztikfz.png

Remember these?  He was photographed in an airport on his way to Hokkaido, Japan, to take pictures for the 2015 calendar, and to shoot scenes for the DVD Hokkaido Adventure.   If we fans do get a new calendar, I wonder what the subject will be....wedding photos?  Wouldn't that be interesting?  Or a new special?  One little thing to look forward to. 

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

Hey there @RamonaMona!  That KeyEast picture, the one where BYJ is holding a cigar......what can you tell us about it?  I am curious as to how you receive the mobile pictures so quickly.  Are you on the smartphone mailing list?  I know I would love to be able to apply to that service, but I live in the wrong part of the world.

The picture itself......is it from the recent set of pictures from Italy?  It looks different, but my perception may be wrong.  C'mon, tell us what you know.  Any little bit of knowledge about BYJ is so appreciated, at least by me, but I'll bet others would want to know, too.

Thanks for taking time to let Soompiers know.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Speaking of BYJ and the mobile phone pictures, from Café Daum and Yume3 there is the news that the voice mobile (I think) will be offering Happy Birthday greetings.  It looks like you have to apply to get on the greetings list.  Just another thing for me to be jealous about.

14437904321202015_zpspwuofzlz.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

In my wanderings around the internet in search of information, on Sayaka's blog I see she was fascinated by the cigar picture, too.  It took her back in time when BYJ smoked cigars, and she presented these super fine pictures from the past.  I think they were from The Image - Traveler.  I will double-check.  In the meantime, just enjoy the pictures.  Thank you Sayaka, for letting us borrow them.

3228d3381e1dcdb758e17c774bbd2c96_zps6lut

1e2076c2e80b8ce682b8e353627a949c_zpsfsdd

5f7f44f197e43100284fc51e5316fdb2_zpsvdyx

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 1