Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

I had not realized what a potent force Tetsuko wielded in the entertainment business in Japan and abroad (Korea).  The short segment provided by @RamonaMona was just a small part of a 60th Anniversary of Tetsuko's Room on Japanese television.  Testuko  championed Bae Yong Joon in 2005, as she did others,  and in return he showed his gratitude.

t5_zps4didmoi7.png

t4_zpswsqn32kb.png

From Wikipedia:

t1_zpshfcjnrjx.png

t2_zpsvie5reit.pngt3_zpsif4wuith.png

tetsuko%20and%20yonsama_zpswizynxar.png

• Like 2

Different news from Café Daum and Yume3.  A new Winter Sonata was talked about maybe a year ago; everyone wondered if Bae and Choi Ji Woo would be in it.  Then BYJ announced his engagement, and nothing was ever heard about the new Winter Sonata again.......until now.

WS%20retool_zpsmnaf48kl.png

This picture appears to show the new cast.  OOPS!!! This is not the new cast, as @sarasama says.  See below. Edited 7/22/16

WS%20newbies_zpsddklmsww.jpg

Can lightning strike twice for this movie?  Personally I doubt it, but I will watch it anyway, just to see.......

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MyStars said:

Different news from Café Daum and Yume3.  A new Winter Sonata was talked about maybe a year ago; everyone wondered if Bae and Choi Ji Woo would be in it.  Then BYJ announced his engagement, and nothing was ever heard about the new Winter Sonata again.......until now.

WS%20retool_zpsmnaf48kl.png

This picture appears to show the new cast.

WS%20newbies_zpsddklmsww.jpg

Can lightning strike twice for this movie?  Personally I doubt it, but I will watch it anyway, just to see.......

hello, i have a friend who knows some korean and she mentioned the article about Winter Sonata 2 to me few days ago.. apparently its confirmed and it will be fully pre-produced and it will air in the first half of 2017 but the cast is not confirmed yet.. the picture you posted above is the cast of a drama called Doctors that is currently airing on SBS channel 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SarahSama said:

hello, i have a friend who knows some korean and she mentioned the article about Winter Sonata 2 to me few days ago.. apparently its confirmed and it will be fully pre-produced and it will air in the first half of 2017 but the cast is not confirmed yet.. the picture you posted above is the cast of a drama called Doctors that is currently airing on SBS channel 

Hi SarahSama we've seen everything under the sun being made and remade so, I shouldn’t be surprised anymore when this drama will have part 2.... I love this drama. I have always considered "Winter Sonata" as the drama that officially kicked off the Hallyu Wave. I usually dislike the idea of sequels. Have Korean channels run out of idea what to film? Korean TV did run out of ideas - LOL - Hollywood is like that - lots of “sequels”. IDK how faithful a remake it’ll be, with new actors playing the same characters in the same story.  Hope it doesn’t ruin the original. If this will cast a different actor, I really CAN SENSE bad outcome - not because I'm biased when it comes to BYJ but I really think that nothing could surpass the original.  I really haven’t seen any remake that’s done better than the original. I hope this won't be an upsetting decision. Ahhh......Park Yong Ha……I miss him, like, a lot….RIP Yongha. You will be forever missed. :(

• Like 1

10 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi SarahSama we've seen everything under the sun being made and remade so, I shouldn’t be surprised anymore when this drama will have part 2.... I love this drama. I have always considered "Winter Sonata" as the drama that officially kicked off the Hallyu Wave. I usually dislike the idea of sequels. Have Korean channels run out of idea what to film? Korean TV did run out of ideas - LOL - Hollywood is like that - lots of “sequels”. IDK how faithful a remake it’ll be, with new actors playing the same characters in the same story.  Hope it doesn’t ruin the original. If this will cast a different actor, I really CAN SENSE bad outcome - not because I'm biased when it comes to BYJ but I really think that nothing could surpass the original.  I really haven’t seen any remake that’s done better than the original. I hope this won't be an upsetting decision. Ahhh......Park Yong Ha……I miss him, like, a lot….RIP Yongha. You will be forever missed. :(

yeah i'm not enthusiastic about it too i mean its a masterpiece that shouldn't be touched, the whole plot and general atmosphere was suitable for early 2000s i don't think a classic story would fit the 2017 timeline and i really hope it won't be a remake with the same characters cause it'll be hard to surpass the original cast i prefer a sequel with entirely a new story and characters that share the essence of the original Winter Sonata 

i really miss Yong Ha too..last month was his sixth anniversary may he rest in peace :"(

• Like 2

Yurara strikes again with a behind-the-scenes footage of the TV 60th anniversary of her show, with emphasis of Bae Yong Joon.  Thank you so much, Yurara, for letting Bae fans see a charming man with an equally charming woman who happens to be also a formidable Japanese cultural molding force.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2016 at 5:09 AM, SarahSama said:

yeah i'm not enthusiastic about it too i mean its a masterpiece that shouldn't be touched, the whole plot and general atmosphere was suitable for early 2000s i don't think a classic story would fit the 2017 timeline and i really hope it won't be a remake with the same characters cause it'll be hard to surpass the original cast i prefer a sequel with entirely a new story and characters that share the essence of the original Winter Sonata 

i really miss Yong Ha too..last month was his sixth anniversary may he rest in peace :"(

Hi SarahSama, oh............thanks for sharing this reminder. :(

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/park-soo-jin-reflects-on-a-year-of-married-life-with-bae-yong-joon

Actress Park Soo Jin reflected on her first year of marriage to Hallyu star Bae Yong Joon

On July 27, Park Soo Jin shared the photos below on Instagram as well as the message, "It's already been a year. <3 #Iloveyou #jetaime #woaini #aishiteru." The first photo reveals a smiling Bae Yong Joon looking up at his lovely bride, while the second shows Park Soo Jin's bouquet and their wedding date.

In other news, Park Soo Jin is currently pregnant with their first child.

Happy anniversary to the lovely couple!

• Like 1

Park Soo Jin is worried that she's not mature enough to have a baby?

Park Soo Jin fretted over whether she would make a good mother on the July 27 episode of 'Disciples of Oksu-dong.' 

The actress spilled these worries, saying, "I'm still very immature, so I wonder if I will be able to raise a child. I tend to sleep a lot and am lazy so I'm worried whether I'd make a good mother. I wonder if I'd be able to go back and forth between work and motherhood." 

Shim Young Soon, who had listened intently to Park Soo Jin's worries, advised, "Once you become a mother, the baby will feel as light as a doll. Even when your husband is sound asleep, you will get up with ease. Though the baby may not seem to understand, talk about your day to the baby and make sure the baby smells you. You can do it." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/park-soo-jin-is-worried-that-shes-not-mature-enough-to-have-a-baby

• Like 2