Lee Seung Chul Makes His Unity Song "That Day" Available for Free Download in Response to Japan's Refusal of His Entry

Newsie

In response to Japan’s recent refusal of Lee Seung Chul’s entry into the country, the singer has made his song of unity “That Day,” which he had sung for the first time on the island of Dokdo, available for free. On November 12, Lee Seung Chul’s agency said, “As of now, the song ‘That Day’ will be available for free download and can be openly distributed.” Lee Seung Chul’s camp also revealed that any proceeds that may come from the song in the future will be donated. The singer himself said, “I have no intention of submitting to any passive pressure or treatment regarding our country and land, and following this event, I plan on taking a more firm stance when it comes to matters of Dokdo Island.” Meanwhile, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga stated during a November 12 press conference, “I received a report stating that it [the refusal of Lee Seung Chul’s entry into Japan] had nothing to do with him singing the song at Dokdo.” He stated that he believes they took the necessary steps according to their laws, and that they are unable to reveal the precise reason due to policies regarding the protection of personal information. Source (1) (2) Previously: Lee Seung Chul Refused Entry into Japan, Previous Cases Involving BEAST, CNBLUE, and Song Il Gook Brought Back to Light

View the full article

Archived