Study Abroad In Korea?

little mixed girl

Guest rox711

I'm from Singapore, going to yonsei for the 2013 fall language program. It'll be great to meet some of u guys who will be there as well! :))

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sakumar

So I am currently in the process of applying to Dongguk University for spring 2014 and hopefully fall 2014. I decided on this university (as opposed to the others) for a few reasons.  
1. All the exchange stories from other classmates on campus come from there since we have a deal with them and so they take in our business majors.  2. I can transfer more credits back
Anyone else applying to Dongguk during that time frame

Guest wildcard.

sakumar said: So I am currently in the process of applying to Dongguk University for spring 2014 and hopefully fall 2014. I decided on this university (as opposed to the others) for a few reasons.  
1. All the exchange stories from other classmates on campus come from there since we have a deal with them and so they take in our business majors.  2. I can transfer more credits back
Anyone else applying to Dongguk during that time frame

Guest neozenha

I wanted to study in Korea next year and get my degree, but there are some questions I want to ask you guys. 
I don't know if Yonsei or whatever other university has this but:Does any university have a Korean language course or something similar which you can do, which lasts like a normal course for like 3-4 years where you can get your degree?Do you need to speak good Korean? Also are you still able to get a lot of financial support?

Guest Meimiko

neozenha

wrote:

»

I wanted to study in Korea next year and get my degree, but there are some questions I want to ask you guys. <br />

I don't know if Yonsei or whatever other university has this but:Does any university have a Korean language course or something similar which you can do, which lasts like a normal course for like 3-4 years where you can get your degree?Do you need to speak good Korean? Also are you still able to get a lot of financial support?

Guest love g-man

I am now studying Business Administration in my 2nd year of Troy University, But I feel like it is not the one for me. I just want to move to another major, like Journalism and Mass Communications.
Does anyone know any universities in Korea where I can study Journalism and Mass Communications in ENGLISH?Please let me know, I really want to go :'(

Anyone going to Yonsei University for spring 2014, after many months later of deciding i finally make up my mind about going. If i don't go now then i probably never go at all. I sign up with USAC to go for one semester since i need to come to finish my remaining semester. Let me know if anyone is going so we could help each other out.

Guest dcrin0420

rox711 said: I'm from Singapore, going to yonsei for the 2013 fall language program. It'll be great to meet some of u guys who will be there as well! :))

Guest Meimiko

Chanmie said: Anyone going to Yonsei University for spring 2014, after many months later of deciding i finally make up my mind about going. If i don't go now then i probably never go at all. I sign up with USAC to go for one semester since i need to come to finish my remaining semester. Let me know if anyone is going so we could help each other out.

Guest steviejae

Hey has anyone been and studied at Korea University? 
My university, University of Auckland, is offering a short study experience during our inter-semester break (in NZ we start our academic year in the beginning of the year unlike USA) and I'm interested what kind of experience I'll have. Will it be difficult? Will it be worth it? Any kind of response will be of great help. I'm deciding whether I should take the opportunity and not regret if i don't.
On my university website: "Korea University will be hosting its International Summer Campus from 1 July to 8 August 2013. Courses are offered in Business and Economics; the Humanities; Sociology and Cultural Studies; Fine Art/Design; Science; Law, Politics and International Relations; Korean and East Asian Studies; and Korean Language. All courses other than the Korean Language classes are taught in English and each class offers a full-semester load of coursework, condensed into six weeks. Students can take up to a maximum of three courses."
Thanks in advance (:

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, I am going to start University in my country next year and I will be studying International Relation, with that being said I am planning to transfer to a South korean university in 2 years, I would like to transfer to a University where I could finish the course in South Korea and I would also like to combine studies with playing Baseball.I am learning Korean and I am studying to be able to pass at least in the topki test level 3 before applying to a university in South Korea.Could anyone recommend me some universities that are well ranked in south korea and that accept transfer?The Only one that I have found was the Seoul National University.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest My Phan

Hi there. I'm planning to apply for Hanyang Uni. Have anyone here studied there? ^^ If yes, would you please give me some review about the uni? I'm interested in studying Public Relations. If anyone can suggest me a good uni in Korea that has that major, it would be so great. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest crazycarrie6655

I was actually planning on studying abroad in Korea after I transfer to a new college because the college I am in right now doesn't have it and also the new college will be closer to home. But I don't really know though because I was actually planning on teaching English in Korea after I graduate 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest weijiji

I've always wanted to study abroad in Korea (anywhere, tbh), but I've never really found the exact time I would want to go. A lot of my friends told me they're going during their junior year since it's easier for them school-wise, but I've never really understand their reason LOL. I guess I'll wait it out till I can find my perfect year to go, or just decided to momentarily teach English in Korea~

I'm actually studying abroad in Korea right now! I went through the ISEP program at my school. Currently in Suwon at Ajou University and will be here for an academic year. If anyone has questions, I'd be happy to help if I can :)

Btw here's my blog on my experience so far (it's pretty boring lol) nextstop-xingfu.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest germanic

In 2009 I studied in Korea for a year. 
One of the best experiences in my life. 
Korea is VERY different from western countries. The technology, culture, etc is so different. You'll be shocked how developed Korea is and the advanced technology Korea offers. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest harosheedyen

Is there anyone here that is an international undergrad student in korea? I want to apply to a few english BS programs- kaist, yonsei UIC, etc. but there is very little information on how difficult it is to get in as a foreigner. I have read it is easy to get into these international programs but not directly from students that have applied to them and gotten accepted or rejected. Is this the best way to get into a bachelors program in Korea or is finishing a language program and applying a better route- I am interested in either. 
Anyone have any links or blogs regarding this & applying to intl programs in korea? Please help