Christian Music, Anyone?

Guest jinhee

Guest fionahh

My friend has recently introduced me to Relient K. They're pretty awesome especially the song Be my Escape. :)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest copeland4vr

Was soo EXCITED when i saw this thread come up. Simply because this really is the sorta stuff that i listen too. (besides k and j and indie music)

Now i have no idea what your taste are but I can give you styles, a couple bands, and then several website/online radio stations to get you hooked up the most current of the music.

You mentioned that you were listening to Starfield which goes under "Comtemporary Music" i'm not the biggest fan of this but its what most people think of when they hear "Christian" music. You might like the following:

• The Robbie Seay Band
  • Chris Tomblin (sp?)
  • Micheal W. Smith
  • David Crowder Band :rolleyes:
  • Matt Redman
  • Steven Curtis Chapman
  • Newsboys

The folks above tend to keep their faith based. Like worship music. Now, for other music taste. If you like Gospel (think Black gospel below are some well known names. They're anything from traditional to urban gospel:

• Kirk Franklin :rolleyes:
  • MaryMary
  • Donnie Clerkins
  • Fred Hammond
  • Tye Tribbet (sp?)
  • CeCe Winans

If you're into Hip Hop and Rap there's this really crazy underground scene going on. "Holy Hip Hop" is what a lot of the artist call it. Here are several names. I will admit that I don't listen to stuff as much but I have a friend whose really into it:

• Grits
  • The Percussions
  • KJ-52
  • John Reuben
  • Da Truth
  • Out of Eden
  • TBone
  • The Ambassador
  • Pigeon John
  • Manafest
  • LaCrae
  • Cross Movement
  • Gospel Gangstas

Theres also an ubber awesome Christian Rock scene going on. This is where my true love is. Now the all this music gets play on Christian stations too

• Anberlin (yeah!)
  • Sanctus Real
  • Relient K (one of the best know in Christian rock)
  • Decyfer Down
  • Flyleaf
  • Number One Gun
  • Hawk Nelson
  • Kutless
  • Falling Up
  • Manic Drive (i saw this mentioned earlier)
  • Seven Places
  • Kids in the Way
  • Spoken
  • Sullivan

I've really been getting into the Christian hardcore/metal/alternative scene lately too. Their all "positive" and God glorifying but most of these bands are Christians in a band not Christian bands- if you get the concept. Check out the lyrics and you'll see what I mean:

• Demon Hunter
  • Beloved
  • As Cities Burn
  • Mutemath (another love)
  • MewithoutYou
  • Starflyer 59
  • Haste the Day
  • Underoath
  • Blindisde
  • August Burns Red

Some sites to check out for all of this type of music follows:

• * Radiou.com (one of all time favorites. if into music videos by the artist take the link to its sister site tvulive.com)
  • ChristianRock.Net (and its hardrock, hiphop, and praise sister sites)
  • rawkzilla.com
  • rapzilla.com

A great way to find more people is to go the artist listings on the radio sites or go to the record companies of the artists. ex: like many of the hardcore and rock artist i mentioned come from solid state and tooth and nail records. so can check out their sites.

I really hope this was helpful for everyone. Way to go, when it comes to being open to other music. theres a whole nother word thats "underground" because people won't touch stuff if they think its religious (though you'd be surprise they miss all this good stuff) GOOD LUCK

and if anyone has questions or wants more suggestions (gotta a ton) then just let me know. k?

The Real Me - Natalie Grant

Who Am I - Casting Crowns

Voice of Truth - Casting Crowns

Made to Worship - Chris Tomlin

Heart of Worship - Matt Redman

To The Ends Of The Earth - Hillsong

Cry in My Heart - Starfield

A Day Late - Anberlin

Be My Escape - Relient K

If You Believe - Rachael Lampa

When God Made You - Newsong & Natalie Grant

Guest forevertrying

I manage a christian comtemporary rock band called New Heights (www.myspace.com/newheightsmusic). I was the executive producer on the album and also my little brother is the bassist/songwriter in the band. Please support your asian american christia music and you can also find them on itunes. I promise that you will fall in love with their music, just give it one listen.

Also New Heights is playing JoshuaFest in California in the summer and for all you local seattle people, we are in talks to play Freedomfest with Starfield on the mainstage.

Guest ahndee

^i heard that new heights took a break but yeah their music is pretty good, your little brother is chris kwak right??

Guest yuppieguppy

the other type of music i listen to when i'm not listening to korean music.

some songs and artist i'm in love with is...

In Christ Alone- Andrienne Liesching

Testify to Love- Avalon

Show Me Your Glory- Chris Ledyard

Indescriable- Chris Tomlin

How Great Is Our God- Chris Tomlin

Give Us Clean Hands- Chris Tomlin

The Happy Song- Chris Tomlin

Lord, You Have My Heart- Delerious

Unchanging- Joe Zelek

Above All- Lenny LeBlanc

Just Like You- Matt Maher

Love Has Come- Matt Maher

Kyrie- Matt Maher

Litany- Matt Maher

Lamb of God- Matt Maher

Your Love is Extravagant

You Know Who I Am- Matt Maher

Welcome to Life- Matt Maher

Your Grace is Enough- Matt Maher

Jesus, My Everything- Matt Maher

Set Me As a Seal- Matt Maher

I Love You Lord-Matt Maher

Lead Me Home- Matt Maher

Overflow- Matt Maher

As It Is In Heaven- Matt Maher

Unwavering- Matt Maher

Alive in You- Matt Maher

Behold the Lamb of God- Matt Maher

Adoration- Matt Maher

Everything You've Done- Matt Maher

How Deep the Fathers Love For Us- Sarah Sadler

Here I Am to Worship- Tim Hughes

I don't know if you've guys heard of Matt Maher. But he is an amazing singer :) His songs are so inspiration and filled with love for God. His voice is always soothing. I love his music. I'm sure you guys heard of Just Like You. He wrote that song for a retreat at his church. You guys can find matt maher on myspace. :D

Guest ahndee

Yeah ahndee, my brother is Chris. Have I ever met you? Thanks for the support~

i went to one of central church's praise night and i think thats when i met chris but the guy probably doesn't even remember me lol

Guest ana_ari_007

Wow, that's awesome! Keep it up, God bless. That's a huge step you took. Personally, I don't listen to many Christian artists however I do reccommend: Thousand Foot Krutch, Hawk Nelson, Super Chic[k], Pillar, Five Iron Frenzy, Relient K, Traced Image, Krystal Meyers, Run Kid Run...if you're into hip hop there's DC Talk (old school...), TobyMac, KJ-52, Rachel Lampa...then there's Hillsong United for praise & worship in addition to Tim Hughes, etc. Yeah...that's about it. Peace, love and harmony!

• 7 months later...
Guest junghwa_melowdeeh

Starfield is going to be at Vision Conference '08 which is a massive retreat hosted by KCCC [ Korea Campus Crusade for Christ ] they will be performing on the first day of the retreat and it's going to be in Riverside Convention Center! [near LA, California ]

woot [ask me if you want more info or www.kcccla.com]

Starfield is my favorite group, and i got a chance to meet them this past..April? They're so sweet :]

Guest katster

two i'd recommend:

david crowder band - if you like rock. sometimes he put funky styles in too! awesome to listen to

toby mac- rap-ish? good lyrics.

Guest soo_bak3

^ David Crowder Band is goooddd.

I recommend Hillsong. Preferably One Way. Acutally, I don't know if that would count because Hillsong is a ...church...

There's this other new artist that just came out with his first album and its pretty good. There's this one song that's like, "If I were to cross the mountains, would God still love me", or something, but I don't know the song's name OR the artist. But whatever. I'll ask my sister when she comes back for winter break.

Guest tiffanyco

I LOVE CHRISTIAN MUSIC. (:

It's the only American music I listen to. ^^;;

My favorite bands are Relient K, Hillsong, Kutless, MercyMe, Chris Tomlin...

There's too many to name. Hehe. But, I really love Christian music. It's really inspirational!

I went to a Franklin Graham Festival almost a month ago at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Washington. It was pretty awesome, Starfield, Tree63, Israel Houghton, and other artists were there as well.

• 2 months later...
Guest sweetharmony

i COMPLETELY agree

i always worshipped korean songs/singers/dramas/ etc.

and im afraid that this "disease" would be overwhelming my life (schoolwork, God, etc.)

But I learned that God should be my number one in my life.

Anyone know of PASSION (or 268 generation?)

I just came back from PASSION DC regionals (on Sunday)

and I loved it!

Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman and Charlie Hall were awesome worship leaders

and Louis Giglio was AMAZING as a speaker!

If you don't know it...visit their site : 268generation.com

the 268 is from Isaiah 26:8!

God BLESS

Listen to Matt Maher.

though, I must say he sounds SO much better live. His album does him no justice.

But I love his songs.

Your Grace is Enough - Matt Maher

Just Like You - Matt Maher

Your Love is Extravagent - Matt Maher

One Way - Hillsong united

My Best Friend - Hillsong United

I can Sing of Your Love Forever - Sonicflood

Archived