Christian Music, Anyone?

Guest jinhee

Guest jinhee

anyone here listen to Christian music?

i took... a very big step yesterday and deleted over 1000 korean songs off of my computer :tears: sigh... hopefully a big step closer to God. so now i'm trying to fill up my lonely Ipod with more christian music. anyone have suggestions??

and listen to starfield's "unashamed". very good song B)

Hum hum... about your question, I really can't help you I don't listen to chritian songs, I don't know a lot of it (to be honest, the few I eared seams a bit insipid to me :phew: ; except maybe this german christian skin-head punk band that was quite fun and that I forgot the name :( ) but :

I don't want to start a heated debate, but why deleting music would be a step closer to God ??? :blink::wacko:

well, i went to my summer retreat a few weeks ago and i was really convicted to try to get rid of the things in my life that were keeping me away from god. Korean music keeps me away from god, because i was so OBSESSED with it :blush: i spent years listening to korean music and obsessing over hot singers. So by deleting korean music and cutting it out of my life, it leaves more of my heart for god so i'm freer to worship him. In a way, i was worshipping korean music and korean media in general... so not listening to korean music in my spare time, and instead listening to christian, is my small step in following God. I'm sure alot of you Christians will understand :sweatingbullets:

Thanks for your suggestions everyone! It's been a few weeks of no korean music and i'm doing great :D Christian music is definately proving to be a blessing in my life.

I'm listening to Matt Redman's "the heart of worship" right now B)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alligatorpie

Good for you! Starfield has many good songs. Can't think of any right now. But you can listen to some music on praise1065.com

Guest sky.xo

Planet Shakers !

They're my favourite Christian band ^^;

Casting Crowns is good too, HILLSONG -- of course!

I also listen to Switchfoot ..

Guest yunax21

do you want specific songs or just artists? i'll just list the artists and if you want specific songs.. you can pm me :)

hillsong (united), jeremy camp, casting crowns, chris tomlin, david crowder band, sonic flood, delirious, starfield, kutless, nicole nordeman, manifest & lyricks, switchfoot, and yea.. that's pretty much most of them.

Guest smileforgrace

Hillsongs' new CD "United We Stand" has really good songs.

My 3 favorite songs by Starfield are:

-All For You

-My Generation

-Filled With You Glory

=)

avalon - if my people pray

hillsongs - better than life, look to you, my best friend, one way jesus, now that youre near, did you feel the mountains tremble, till i see you

delirious - history maker

matt redman - the heart of worship

tim hughes - beautiful one

chris tomlin - not to us, holy is the lord, your grace is enough

matthew west - more

kirk franklin - revolution, he reigns

nate sallie - save me

lincoln brewster - all to you

natalie grant - what are you waiting for

jars of clay - love song for a savior

mercy me - i can only imagine

casting crowns - who am i

mary mary - shackles

Hum hum... about your question, I really can't help you I don't listen to chritian songs, I don't know a lot of it (to be honest, the few I eared seams a bit insipid to me :phew: ; except maybe this german christian skin-head punk band that was quite fun and that I forgot the name :( ) but :

deleted over 1000 korean songs off of my computer :tears: sigh... hopefully a big step closer to God.

I don't want to start a heated debate, but why deleting music would be a step closer to God ??? :blink::wacko:

Guest surlespointes

individual songs:

Mary Mary - So Close

Starfield - Revolution

Starfield - Everything is Beautiful

Jars of Clay - Liquid

Delirious - Majesty (Here I Am)

but I really like Jars of Clay, Starfield, Mary Mary, DCB, and Chris Tomlin

:)

Archived