Mixing Foundation With Water

marcs.lover

Is it okay to do that?
I have dry and sensitive skin, and when I wear foundation, I felt like my skin is grazed and it felt really uncomfortable. Is it okay to mix a bit of water to the foundation? If it's okay, should the water be warm or cold? What about the texture? Will it be affected because of the water?

I have dry and sensitive skin, and when I wear foundation, I felt like my skin is grazed and it felt really uncomfortable. Is it okay to mix a bit of water to the foundation? If it's okay, should the water be warm or cold? What about the texture? Will it be affected because of the water?

I heard that if you soak the sponge (perfer cold water because it'll close pores) and sqeeze a little bit of the water out so it isn't dripping and pour the foundation on the sponge it'll help blending so I guess it'll be okay to use water.

is it the liquid foundation type??? hmmm...i dunno about adding more water but it doesn't sound like it'll hurt...if you have sensitive skin...maybe you should use...oh crap i forgot what it was called but its not a liquid but a compressed foundation?...and its not compressed powder either... kinda feels like chalk??? but you just dab a little on your finger and kinda pat it on the areas you want covered and then you put this white powder on it to blend it in...

ummm sorry i don't know if any of this help ^^;;

Guest joolee.

I don't think it'll be too much of a big deal to mix it with water. Try not mixing too much in because I don't think the foundation would work as well.

Guest Steph*

Then why don't you use a moisturizer before you put on the foundation?

I don't think water + liquid foundation would mix too well.

But powder foundation should be okay I guess

In my experience, it didn't seem to cover much though.

Then why don't you use a moisturizer before you put on the foundation?

I don't think water + liquid foundation would mix too well.

But powder foundation should be okay I guess

In my experience, it didn't seem to cover much though.

I use moisturisers, but still, somehow my skin still felt uncomfortable if I apply foundation straight from the tube. =X

i think if you put water directly into the foundation bottle, you could probably expect it to separate when it settles. like you'd have a layer of foundation and a layer of water. but if you're mixing it into your palm while you apply, there should be no problem. i don't know how it would look, but if it works for you then who's going to say you shouldn't?

Guest Sup3rst4r

I read on a magazine that if your out of foundation, you should add some lotion into the foundation and it'll last longer, and still work pretty much the same.

In your case, you should add some lotion for dry/sensitive skin into the foundation?

Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

Guest flyaway

use a base! it makes ur skin smooth so you can put on foundation easier

you can get sephora's for $22 or smashbox's for $36 or something.

Guest *Butterfly*

I think mixing water with foundation is okay but i don't you'll feel much difference. How about trying tinted moisturizers instead? They're more light so your skin wouldn't feel so tight or irritated. =)

Archived