Owww..it Hurts!

prechuz_azn

Guest lovejyk

^ What she said.

If it bothers you that much, just bandage-wrap it but that's not really necessary. If it starts getting swollen like really badly, you might need to get it checked out... could be worse than a sprain. Don't worry if it like swells a little bit though, that happens.

Ice, ice, ice.

Hope you feel better! They are a pain in the butt to deal with because you have to be on them and everything :[

For your volleyball practices, wear ankle supporters (just stuff you can slip on/velcro on to your ankles) that you can get at walmart or wherever. It'll make it feel better I guess if you have to be on it for sports.

Use the RICE method.

R - Rest.

Reduce or stop using the injured area for 48 hours. If you have a leg injury, you may need to stay off of it completely.

I - Ice.

Put an ice pack on the injured area for 20 minutes at a time, 4 to 8 times per day. Use a cold pack, ice bag, or a plastic bag filled with crushed ice that has been wrapped in a towel.

C - Compression.

Compression of an injured ankle, knee, or wrist may help reduce the swelling. These include bandages such as elastic wraps, special boots, air casts and splints. Ask your doctor which one is best.

E - Elevation.

Keep the injured area elevated above the level of the heart. Use a pillow to help elevate an injured limb.

Guest child2child

like everyone said. Use the RICE method but also, if you're going to keep practicing then wrap your ankle and wear and ankle brace ontop of that. for me it helped alot, but make sure that you don't tighten your ankle brace too much or else you're foot will lose blood circulation XD

anyways good luck with v-ball.

Guest smellycow

Massage it with voltaren, deep heat and wear ankle wraps.. and keep rotating the ankle round both ways so it won't be stiff.

Guest xvi3txl0v1ngx

Use the RICE method.

R - Rest.

Reduce or stop using the injured area for 48 hours. If you have a leg injury, you may need to stay off of it completely.

I - Ice.

Put an ice pack on the injured area for 20 minutes at a time, 4 to 8 times per day. Use a cold pack, ice bag, or a plastic bag filled with crushed ice that has been wrapped in a towel.

C - Compression.

Compression of an injured ankle, knee, or wrist may help reduce the swelling. These include bandages such as elastic wraps, special boots, air casts and splints. Ask your doctor which one is best.

E - Elevation.

Keep the injured area elevated above the level of the heart. Use a pillow to help elevate an injured limb.

o.o omg, i completly forgot about RICE. i should go and read my first-aid book again.... and i'm a certified first-aider :sweatingbullets: ...

so yeah, use the RICE method =]. hope you feel better.

Guest i heart victoria's secret

ankle braces should help for later but for now ice it & a little ICY HOT should help too. also don't forget to elevate your ankle. sheesh your VB coach made you play/practice after hurting your ankle? my VB coach doens't let ANYONE that's sick or hurt play/practice even if it 'feels better'

when i sprained my ankle, i applied the asian green medicated oil. x] that oil is a cure for everything. haha when you apply it on its hot so it helps with the pain. i tried rotating it, but it hurt too much. i also massaged my ankle.

hope you get better~

Guest lovablekrnstar63

okay

if you had REALLY sprained your ankle

you WOULD NOT be able to stand on it

..let alone play volleyball

it's not sprained

you probably jst hurt it somehow

go get it checked it out by your doctor

or ice it

Archived