Post Your Computer Specs

xkrndreamer

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kpop012

man ... i highly doubt that he got that computer ... iz jus the best hardware put together ... man that sys is like 3-4k .... lcds not included ....

WTF you talking about... all my parts are at least 1 year old... it is not that newest system ppl can buy... I do have that system, look at the pic... I have one word for you my friend: EBAY... Most of the parts that are in my computer are used... Except for the LCD and the watercooling kit of course... but most of my components are used and therefore did not cost 3-4k... Plus it isn't the most updated system, so I don't think it's the best hardware... I mean I would LOVE to have a conroe cpu or a x1900xtx or a creative x-fi... but yea i can only dream... but the only reason my system kicks richard simmons is the water cooling... best 200 bucks i've ever spent, lets me overclock my cpu and gpu alot and my computer is so quiet! =)

Guest Tepper

:blink: shows what i know..

We all make mistakes Cat.. Like spending 10k on computers every year or so to keep up with the bleeding edge technology.. heh

Opteron 146 @ 2.75ghz stock voltages

2x 512 DDR 3200

Assrot (Asrock I know) 939dual

Zalman blahblah fan (flat all copper thing 92mm in diameter, not the vertical nice one)

Seagate 300gig 7200 16mb cache

Pioneer 109 burner...

Toshiba 16x reader

ATI x800 that I overclock like heck for fun

BenQ FP93GX

Dont worry, I don't just have 1...

Used as HTPC/file server

P4 1.8

512 DDR

80gb primary, 200gb secondary, 160gb third drive.

Some TV tuner...

Geforce2 mx200 (would use a better card if it had TV out like I need)

IBM thinkpad T20 (offer me $190 and its yours =P I want a upgrade)

850mhz P3

20gb hdd

256mb PC100 ram

PCMCIA wifi card :(

14.1" lcd

Battery lasts about an hour.

Some ghettoblaster laptop 266, 92mb ram, 12gig hdd, 12" lcd very small... bout 1 hour battery life. Purpose: Runs Damn Small Linux... need to learn somehow.

Brother's laptop

P3 1.13 Vaio, 256ram, 30gig hdd, ghettoblaster radeon 16mb thing, 15" screen.

Family computer (aka second file storage and extra processing comptuer)

P4 2.66, 768mb ram, 80gig hdd, 15", geforce4 TI4600 128, lcd.

Brother's desktop (I give it 6 months before I water cool it with a garden hose)

AMD athlon XP 2600+, 300gb, 120gb, 9800pro 128, 1gig DDR 3200. 19" lcd.

Yes, I did have an obsession with 80gig hdds. PS2 has 80gig, Xbox 80gig, that HTPC has 80gig, family computer has 80gig...

So thats a snapshot of my computers. Why post them all? Because I end up using them all... -_- fix this, fix that... gah.

Guest BusterWolfe

Eh... I'll just post the parts people care about

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe MotherBoard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (OC'ed to 2.2GHz)

Corsair XMS2 (2 x 1GB) DDR2800 RAM

2x nVidia 7600GT 256MB (SLi'ed)

Audigy X-FI Sound Card

Not sure if anyone care about the monitor and speakers but...

Monitor:

32" HDTV LCD Samsung LNR328WX

Speakers:

5.1 Logitech forgot model...

Guest BusterWolfe

it was my only choice... hawaii is lacking in computer parts... Supposedly i'm the 3rd dude to build his own Conroe system...

Guest Adionik

my pc ownz jooo!!!!!

I'm waiting for Kentsfield richard simmons! Or K8L. I haven't decided. Probably K8L.

My jump from 1 --> 4 cores will be huge. Like the balance on your American Express LOL jk.

:blink: shows what i know..

aww stop being sarcastic. i believe you! were you the one who said i can ask you questions in my last computer thread? do you live in the oc area? cuz i remember you mentioning that.

I'm waiting for Kentsfield richard simmons! Or K8L. I haven't decided. Probably K8L.

My jump from 1 --> 4 cores will be huge. Like the balance on your American Express LOL jk.

post your new computer specs! i forgot what they were except that you had 2 gigs of ram. i remember your 2 gig ram thread.

Guest teddy.nz

*AMD Athlon 64Bit 4600+ Dual Core 939socket 2.2GHz X2

*ASUS A8N-SLi SE Nforce4 motherboard

*2GB (2x1gb) DDR 400 dual channel

*250GB SATA2 16MB 7200rpm Hard Drive Disk

*XFX 256MB Geforce 7900GT (470/1370) Dual DVI, Tvout

*ASUS 16x double layer dvd writer

*Viewsonic VX922 19inch 2ms LCD monitor

Guest dabrain

WTF you talking about... all my parts are at least 1 year old... it is not that newest system ppl can buy... I do have that system, look at the pic... I have one word for you my friend: EBAY... Most of the parts that are in my computer are used... Except for the LCD and the watercooling kit of course... but most of my components are used and therefore did not cost 3-4k... Plus it isn't the most updated system, so I don't think it's the best hardware... I mean I would LOVE to have a conroe cpu or a x1900xtx or a creative x-fi... but yea i can only dream... but the only reason my system kicks richard simmons is the water cooling... best 200 bucks i've ever spent, lets me overclock my cpu and gpu alot and my computer is so quiet! =)

WTH ... i wasnt talkin about ur computer ... about that core 2 extreme x6800 one

Guest kpop012

WTH ... i wasnt talkin about ur computer ... about that core 2 extreme x6800 one

oh sorry... you quoted my specs though... so i thought you were talking about my comp :sweatingbullets:

Guest dabrain

WOW can I say rich boy... A X6800? Is that even necessary? Those go for like $1100... And the two 30" LCDs... jesus man... plus 2 150gb raptors... and a 7950... drool...

dude if you're gonna go all out, you should at least get fast enough RAM to get as much juice out of your x6800... why didn't you get PC2-8500?

sorry my bad

actually i quoted u because of this

Eh... I'll just post the parts people care about

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe MotherBoard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (OC'ed to 2.2GHz)

Corsair XMS2 (2 x 1GB) DDR2800 RAM

2x nVidia 7600GT 256MB (SLi'ed)

Audigy X-FI Sound Card

Not sure if anyone care about the monitor and speakers but...

Monitor:

32" HDTV LCD Samsung LNR328WX

Speakers:

5.1 Logitech forgot model...

Nice system. How far away do you sit from your monitor? With a 32", I guess you have to be at least a couple of feet away.

I am upgrading to a Conroe as well, but with the limited number of motherboards available at thje moment, probably will wait another month or two. I'll probably get the X1900GT video card which rivals the 7900GT in performance and yet can be had for under $200.

mm..

amd athlon 64 3700+

A8N-SLI deluxe motherboard

2x512mb ram (corsair)

ati radeon x800xt

X-530 logitech speakers

and a 300gb hd.

and my case.. is some.. antec case. I don't even remember the name except that it's black and has some blue led fans @@"

and my monitor is a gigantic 19" crt. its like 50lbs i hate it lol

the whole set up didn't cost me that much, since I..didn't pay for alot of it. (i had the harddrive, monitor, speakers, case and ram already. lol)

• 3 years later...
Guest kreAsian

intel quadcore Q8200 @ 2.33ghz (default/no-oc)

8gb ram

wd 1tb internal + 1tb external

ati hd4870 1gb

585w psu

20" dell lcd + samsung 42" 720p plasma (old)

windows 7 ultimate

Guest IonNuke

uhh, I have a retarded (crappy!) laptop from last year.

.__." It's an HP Pavillion ZD8000...

* Mobile Pentium 4 520 2.8GHz, with Hyper-Threading

* 512 MB RAM .

* Toshiba 80GB hard drive 5400 RPM

* LG GWA-4080N DVD+/-RW Drive - CD-ROM (40x); CD-R (40x write); CD-RW (24x write); DVD-ROM (16x); DVD-R (8x write); DVD-RW (4x write); DVD+R (16x write); DVD+RW (4x write); DVD+R Dual Layer (2.4x write)

* ATI Mobility Radeon X600 with 256MB dedicated RAM

* 17.0" WXGA TFT LCD ViewBright display 1440 x 900 resolution

* Integrated V.92/56K modem

* Realtek RTL8193 10/100 Ethernet LAN

* Broadcom 802.11b/g Wireless LAN

* Built-in Harman/Kardon stereo speakers

* Intel ICH6 AC97 Sound Card

* 5-in-1 Media Reader (Secure Digital, Memory Stick/Pro, MMC, xD Picture Card)

zd8000s...... They are tanks. They usually run solid, but when they break they break with a passion. Still surprised your ZD8000 is running. ^^.

My notebook is.... Dell Studio XPS M1340

- Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 (2.53Ghz w/ 3MB L2 Cache @ 1066 FSB)

- 4 GB dual channel DDR3 SDRAM @ 1066 MHz

- nVidia 730i Chipset

- Hybrid SLI Graphics: nVidia GeForce 9500M (256MB)

- 13.3" Edge-to-Edge CCFL-backlit display

- Seagate 500GB @ 7200rpm w/ Free Fall Sensor

- 8x DVD+/-RW blah blah blah

- Didn't really have a choice....XPS M1330 had so much thermal issues that Dell agreed on a buyout so they collected the M1330 and replaced it with the studio xps m1340 **shrugs** at least I don't have to copper mod it to keep it cool.

Desktop is something old.....

2.13Ghz E6400 C2D

2GB DDR2 PC6400 @ 5-5-5-12

5TB HDD total capacity.... if you count the externals.... 9TB then but I don't count them.

1x RPC1 Region Free 16x DVDRW

2x LG 6x BD-RW (supports HD-DVD too)

1GB eVGA GeForce 9800GT

Antec True Power Trio 650 Watt PSU

Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Dell 21" LCD running on DVI ;)

Archived