Crown J Sentenced to 8 Months of Jail Time and Two Years of Probation

Earlier this year, Crown J had been detained for allegedly assaulting his former manager and forcibly obtaining legal documents. On December 7, the Seoul Central District Court sentenced the rapper to 8 months of prison term, as well as a two-year probation. Crown J was acquitted on charges of assault, but found guilty of forcing his ex-manager to sign a memo that indicated a transferal of a yacht worth 100 million won (approximately $90,000)

The rapper/producer told reporters “I’m happy that I was found innocent from the assault charge. While the documents have no direct relationship to this case, the court convicted me for forcibly obtaining the contract.  I will file an appeal.”

Crown J will hold a press conference tomorrow, December 8, where he will come forward with his side of the story, as well as more information regarding his case. 

hotshotlover30 is a senior editor for soompi.com. You can email her at hks33@soompi.com, or follow her twitter.com feed at @hotshotlover30

View the full article

Archived