Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest BabyK

Hey guys! So I'm trying my very first vector thingy... and... err... How do you blend everything to make it look al smooth at the ending result? And don't tell me to go to page 1 and check that tutorial T________T Because i wasn't talking about that.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest andy<33

could someone teach me a-z about battle in graphic?

i have seen many battle in graphic...some type that i don't understand...like mural battle, tennis battle and whatever...

thanks in advanced!

Guest OBSCURE Sin

I just made someone a poster for their fanfic, but they want to change the tagline now. However, I had already saved the poster (as jpg.) and closed PS. Is there any way to change the text still?

Guest bohemianheart.

Hello. well I'm doing a gif. I followed Murda's tutorial. But once i get to this step:

16) Make sure you are on frame 1 by clicking on it. Make sure you are on the very top layer by clicking on it. This layer should NOT be visible. Example:

Reduced: 74% of original size [ 687 x 500 ] - Click to view full image

Now we'll go back to that banner. Bring it up, then click on the Marquee Tool then go to Select > All. Please make sure you have the Marquee Tool Selected before you go to select all. It should be "All" and not "All Layers."

If you have that set, go to Edit > Copy.

17) Go back to your GIF and go to Edit > Paste.

Reduced: 74% of original size [ 686 x 383 ] - Click to view full image

-- When i do that. I'm making a icon gif btw. and then do the step 18 and save it the file isn't moving. i save it to gif file. and etc. but when i play it on image shack it's the same photoshop image. What did i do wrong???

Guest BabyK

^ What do you mean by making it look smooth at the end? Because the vector is usually supposed to be smooth already.

Like... I don't want the skin to look all pastey like. I dunno... I'm thinking too far ahead when I just started on the skin now and this is my first ever vector XD So if I ruin Jaejoong's face then.... OMG! *runs away from fans*

Guest tru__minute

I just made someone a poster for their fanfic, but they want to change the tagline now. However, I had already saved the poster (as jpg.) and closed PS. Is there any way to change the text still?

No :\. Unless.. you want to kinda change it.. such as blurring it, then putting text ontop like you meant to do that lol.

Guest BabyK

^do you mean that the lightest part of his face is all one color, and when you try to put in darker areas, it looks choppy?

I'm just really nervous of the outcome that's all... I'll show you guys when I'm done.

Guest pinkpiglet

^Im not too sure on what your saying. But if your talking about a picture ONTOP of another layer, all what you need to do is press Ctrl+T then go rotate which ever direction youd like, after that, press another button and press "Apply transformation".

i tried that before

but it doesn't let me rotate.

it let's me move wherever

but it won't let me rotate :(

i want to rotate it in an angle

Anyone know how to stroke a dashed line around an image..i can do it with dots, but not a dashed line..-.-

like this:

http://i16.tinypic.com/6ewklly.jpg

Credits to Soy

i'm not sure if this is what you want but

check this tutorial out -> Dot around

Guest jasonyc

Anyone know how to stroke a dashed line around an image..i can do it with dots, but not a dashed line..-.-

like this:

http://i16.tinypic.com/6ewklly.jpg

Credits to Soy

1. Open a new blank document.

2. Make it 40px by 40px.

3. Go to 'View>New Guide' and enter 50% and check off 'vertical'.

4. Do the same for Horizontal.

5. With the rectangular Marquee tool, select the top left section.

6. Hold the shift key down, and also select the lower right section.

7. Fill those two areas with black.

8. You should now have a checker pattern.

9. Click 'Edit>Define Pattern', enter a name (I called mine '20px dotted border') and save it.

10. Close that file. No need to save.

11. Go back to, or open a file you want to work with.

12. With the layer you want the border around selected, click on the 'fx' icon at the bottom of the Layers palette (This layer cannot be the Background Layer).

13. Choose 'Stroke'.

14. In the dialogue, for 'Fill Type', choose 'Pattern'.

15. Click on the current pattern, and choose the pattern you previously made.

16. Use the 'Scale' slider to adjust the length of each line.

17. And because this is an Effect Layer, you can always come back and adjust it.

Hope that made sense.

i tried that before

but it doesn't let me rotate.

it let's me move wherever

but it won't let me rotate :(

i want to rotate it in an angle

Are you moving your cursor to the outside of the Transforming rectangle? When you do this, the cursor turns into a two way curved arrow.

When you see this, click and drag to turn the layer. When satisfied, hit the Return or Enter key.

Guest pinkpiglet

I dont know if this is able to help you, but I tried. Just follow it. Is your layer locked?

Are you moving your cursor to the outside of the Transforming rectangle? When you do this, the cursor turns into a two way curved arrow.

When you see this, click and drag to turn the layer. When satisfied, hit the Return or Enter key.

thanks to both of you haha

i'm a very visual person :phew:

the bolded part helped me alot

makes sense now lmao

i feel stupid -_-

1. Open a new blank document.

2. Make it 40px by 40px.

3. Go to 'View>New Guide' and enter 50% and check off 'vertical'.

4. Do the same for Horizontal.

5. With the rectangular Marquee tool, select the top left section.

6. Hold the shift key down, and also select the lower right section.

7. Fill those two areas with black.

8. You should now have a checker pattern.

9. Click 'Edit>Define Pattern', enter a name (I called mine '20px dotted border') and save it.

10. Close that file. No need to save.

11. Go back to, or open a file you want to work with.

12. With the layer you want the border around selected, click on the 'fx' icon at the bottom of the Layers palette (This layer cannot be the Background Layer).

13. Choose 'Stroke'.

14. In the dialogue, for 'Fill Type', choose 'Pattern'.

15. Click on the current pattern, and choose the pattern you previously made.

16. Use the 'Scale' slider to adjust the length of each line.

17. And because this is an Effect Layer, you can always come back and adjust it.

Hope that made sense.

is it possible not to make it an effect layer?

I dont want it around the entire layer, i just want it was like a curved line aorund my image...without duplicating my layer and cutting it out

Guest jasonyc

is it possible not to make it an effect layer?

I dont want it around the entire layer, i just want it was like a curved line aorund my image...without duplicating my layer and cutting it out

There are a hundred different ways to create that effect.

I gave you the method that is probably the least amount of effort.

You can always turn the effect layer into an actual pixel layer, if you really want to.

Although, I have no idea why you'd want that.

Archived