How do you colorize???

Awesome.

and...

Colorize what?

yey! i love your tutorials.

they make me happy(:

They love you, too.

Guest jasonyc

Can i request for a agenda cover with my intitial on? JJL.

Hey J,

I'm afraid you might have misunderstood the description of this thread.

The requests are reserved for Photoshop tutorials.

Guest litoxshortaii

js a small question... how do you center texts/images on the background without having to turn on grids and counting the boxes? o.0;

Guest karaoke

^^ its back! hehe~ all the other tut. ar gone~ forever! noo~ haha

can i request a layout tutorial? like for xanga? cuz people make it through photoshop! how do they add the custom modules and stuff? xP does anybody know?

Guest kimchi

oOoo.. this sounds so exciting!!

i need to learn how to use photoshop.. well~

i want to know how to colorize b&w photos.. and do vectors.. etc etc :D

Guest jasonyc

js a small question... how do you center texts/images on the background without having to turn on grids and counting the boxes? o.0;

I'm on Photoshop CS 2 (which has made aligning objects and text much simpler by adding 'smart guides' that pop on and off when an alignment point is hit), but finding the absolute center on all images is quite simple with most versions of Photoshop.

1. Go to 'View>Rulers' to turn rulers on (It may be in pixels or inches, depending on your settings - right click on the ruler itself to change the measurement units if you wish)

2. Go to 'View' and make sure 'Snap' is checked.

3. Click on either the top or left ruler, and drag out a guide (a single blue line that you can use for...guidance), and try to 'feel' it 'snap' in to place when you get to the center of the image (make sure you have the background layer active, as it'll snap to the center of whatever layer you're on). Don't worry if you let go too soon. Hold the Ctrl key and move the cursor over the guide. It'll turn in to a two headed arrow. You can then click and drag to move the guide again. Moving it over one of the rulers and letting go will make that guide disappear.

4. Find the middle with guides from both the left and top ruler, and you'll have your absolute center.

5. Any object or text will 'snap' to the center when placed near it. Object's edges, centers, tops and bottoms will also snap to guides.

6. Guides are your friends.

7. Guides will not show up in your final image. Even if you leave them visible.

aish! i see this now! ^_^

love your tuts!!!

lol.

I was going to suggest you put one up.

I'll have to think about that 'index' idea.

Once I get a few toots up and running.

Or if I get lazy and repost my old ones.

Cause that's how I roll...

colorize black&white pictures

Well, here's the thing.

I can't draw.

I can't draw any thing.

And to be an effective 'colorizer', you sort of need that trait.

I don't have it.

When I draw stick figures, people ask 'What's that?'

Yes. I'm that bad.

'What's your point, Jason?'

I don't do colorizing.

'Boo! You suck!'

^^ its back! hehe~ all the other tut. ar gone~ forever! noo~ haha

can i request a layout tutorial? like for xanga? cuz people make it through photoshop! how do they add the custom modules and stuff? xP does anybody know?

I don't think I've seen what people do for Xanga.

Can they fry eggs with their 'modules'?

Man, I'm hungry.

Guest sixth.

Colourising?

What I do is

- ALWAYS DUPLICATE THE LAYERS A LOT OF TIMES BEFORE WORKING :)

- Go to Image > Adjust > Color Balance (Or Ctrl + B) and fool around with the settings. Or you could use Variations (also under Image > Adjust).

Just erase the unnecessary parts. Then go onto your next layer and do the same thing.

Yeah, I'm not the world's best explainer. Maybe someone else could explain haha. Because I kinda just fooled around with it myself when i first colourised; i didn't follow a tut. >________< """

i think i just wasted two seconds of whoeverthatreadthis's time.

Archived