Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Watch: Jeon Do Yeon, Ji Chang Wook, And Lim Ji Yeon's Upcoming Film "Revolver" Releases Behind-the-Scenes Footage And Interviews

20240709064405_revolver-behind-the-scene

Upcoming film “Revolver” has shared a behind-the-scenes video!

“Revolver” is a new film about a former police officer named Ha Soo Young (Jeon Do Yeon) who goes to prison after taking the fall for a crime. Upon her release, she sets out on a quest for truth and dedicates herself to a singular goal in life. Ji Chang Wook will play “Mad Dog” Andy, who promised Ha Soo Young money upon her release, while Lim Ji Yeon will play Jung Yoon Sun, a woman who teams up with Ha Soo Young for the sake of her own goals.

The video showcases the dedication and hard work of both the director and the actors, capturing the actors’ intense efforts to embody their distinctive characters with the supportive guidance of director Oh Seung Wook on set. In the video, director Oh Seung Wook expresses his pride in the lead actors, stating, “I worked with amazing actors this time.”

The new video also features interviews with the starring cast. Talking about her character Soo Young, actress Jeon Do Yeon comments, “Soo Young is a character with ambitions and dreams. Though she sometimes does unjust things to fulfill her dreams, she believes in getting her due and knows how to carve out her own life.”

Explaining why he chose to star in the drama, Ji Chang Wook revealed, “Andy is a very interesting character, and I felt I could make him even more interesting.” Meanwhile, Lim Ji Yeon remarks, “I found Yoon Sun, who pops up like a vitamin in this quiet film, to be very charming.”

The intriguing relationship between Soo Young and Yoon Sun, likened to Batman and Robin by the director, is also highlighted as one of the elements viewers should look forward to in the film.

“Revolver” is set to hit theaters on August 7. In the meantime, watch the new behind-the-scenes video below!

credit : soompi news

Watch: Jeon Do Yeon Teams Up With Lim Ji Yeon In Search Of Ji Chang Wook In "Revolver" Teaser

20240715072006_revolver-00.jpg?s=900x600

Upcoming film “Revolver” has shared a new teaser video!

“Revolver” is a new film about a former police officer named Ha Soo Young (Jeon Do Yeon) who goes to prison after taking the fall for a crime. Upon her release, she dedicates herself to a singular goal in life.

The newly released trailer captures Soo Young’s journey as she moves forward without hesitation toward one goal and the various characters she encounters along the way. Soo Young, a former detective, goes to prison after taking the fall for all the corruption two years ago.

When the day of her release finally arrives, Soo Young is greeted by a woman named Yoon Seon (Lim Ji Yeon), whom she has never met before, and senses that something is wrong about the compensation promised for her imprisonment.

Soo Young traces her memories and clues from two years ago and revisits chief investigator (Jung Man Sik), who participated in the corruption case, her former colleague and detective Shin Dong Ho (Kim Jun Han), and the head of the department (Kim Jong Soo), who seems to know the whole story behind the incident, until she finally comes face to face with Andy (Ji Chang Wook), the person who abandoned her.

Watch the full teaser below!

“Revolver” is set to hit theaters on August 7. Stay tuned!

*** On July 16, 2024, it was announced that The K2  will finally be getting an OTT release for an international audience to enjoy. The show is set to premiere on Prime Video on July 18, 2024. The K2 was previously available on Netflix but was removed, leaving new fans who recently discovered the show disappointed. However, with the Prime Video release, fans will be able to enjoy the series again. During the show’s official run in Korea, it received good ratings and consistently topped the charts throughout its  broadcast.   :heart1:

307528618_the-k2.jpg

10+ Best Sexy Kiss Scenes In K-Dramas

Who said K-Drama love scenes are cringeworthy, and the leads kiss like fish? That’s a thing of the past!

K-Drama fan account @kdramasdiary on X (formerly Twitter) asked netizens what their favorite kissing scenes are. The post went viral with 2.8M views at the time of writing, as netizens shared some of the most romantic and hot kiss scenes in K-Dramas.

19. Melting Me Softly

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/best-k-drama-kissing-scenes-netizens/

*** 'My Name is Gabriel' is the new JTBC variety show that features Park Myung Soo, Park Bo Gum, Ji Chang Wook, Yeon Hye Ran, Dex, and Gabee as they experience the lives of other people all over the world, people who do not know who they are. Sigh..... that viewership rating for the new variety show has hit a series low. The show premiered on June 21st, however, the July 19th episode marked the lowest viewership rating of 0.897%. It's also on Disney+. I like it. It was refreshing to see them living someone else's life. I did enjoy the moments of interaction they had with people they meet. The concept is refreshing. Was it lack of promotion? I haven't seen so much about this show. Honestly, I watched this show only for Park Bogum and Ji Chang Wook.  This show even changed its timeslot it shared with Jinny’s Kitchen 2".

Jinny's Kitchen 2 is almost 10% ratings. My Name is Gabriel is also enjoyable to watch. The only part I didn't like was they dragged the scenes of the singing choir of Bogum a bit too much.   :heart3:

1721444558-zukssb.jpg

Movies and TV shows that are too hard to skip

4. Fabricated City

• Cast: Ji Chang Wook, Shim Eun Kyung, Ahn Jae Hong
  • IMDB Rating: 6.8/10
  • Release year: 2017
  • Genre: Action, thriller
  • Where to watch: Amazon Prime Video

Fabricated City (2017), directed by Park Kwang Hyun, is a thrilling ride starring Ji Chang Wook and Shim Eun Kyung. The film follows Kwon Yoo, a former taekwondo champion wrongfully imprisoned for a crime he didn’t commit. 

With the help of his gaming team, Kwon uncovers a sinister plot and fights to clear his name. Packed with intense action and clever twists, it’s a gripping watch from start to finish.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/shim-eun-kyung-movies-and-tv-shows-1330976

10 healing K-dramas to soothe your soul when you need to escape and heal

2114574741_healing-k-dramas.jpg

Have a look at these 10 healing K-dramas and let these beautiful tales of love, friendship, and nostalgia uplift your spirit and assuage your soul.

In a world that often rushes by in a blur of responsibilities and chaos, finding moments of solace is essential, and when it comes to solace, K-dramas have a way of providing us with the same in a way that soothes our spirit and warms our heart.

Within the vibrant world of K-dramas lies a sanctuary, an escape from a tiresome reality. These ten K-dramas are not just simple stories, they are heartwarming journeys filled with love, laughter, and important life lessons. 

Whether you're seeking comfort, an escape, or simply a reminder to find beauty in life's ordinary moments, these dramas promise to give you the same and enwrap you with a tender embrace to heal your soul from within.

Each of these K-dramas offers sanctuary for the soul, an escape from the clamor of everyday life. Whether it's the picturesque landscapes of seaside villages, or the moments of self-discovery and healing, these dramas make themselves perfect for those seeking to heal their souls and find comfort amidst the chaos.

4. Welcome to Samdalri (2023)

Welcome to Samdalri takes us to the picturesque Jeju island where the fresh sea breeze and warm community bond provides an escape for the weary. It follows the story of Choi Sam Dal (Shin Hye Sun), a photographer who returns to her hometown after a fall from grace.

After returning, she bumps into her childhood friend and ex-boyfriend, Choi Yong Pil (Ji Chang Wook) as feelings change and old affections come rushing back giving way to a heartfelt second chance romance.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/10-healing-k-dramas-to-soothe-your-soul-hometown-cha-cha-cha-welcome-to-samdalri-and-more-1331313

*** Ji Chang Wook will appear on the new episode of “You Quiz on the Block”, scheduled to air TONIGHT July 24th, as one of the guests. Here, he tells various stories about himself, his filmography, his rookie days, when he had to take the subway, and also his best friend from high school, who is now a CEO. He also reveals that his musical play “The Days” is a turning point in his acting career. Moreover, he also shares, “Mom is my driving force.  My mom had to run a small spicy fish stew restaurant all alone. Ji Chang-wook and Yoo Jae-suk worked together before in the entertainment program “Laborhood on Hire”. All the stories about Ji Chang-wook can be found on the new broadcast of “You Quiz on the Block”, which airs at 8:45 p.m. on July 24th.   :Fist1:

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240724111208843

*** I always love rom-com/melo genres. K-dramas have captivated viewers worldwide with their heartwarming romance stories. Especially this year, 2024 seems to be the year where we’re getting all things romance! I prefer the thrilling romances that keep me on the edge of my seat, anticipating the next twist in the couple’s relationship.  The emotional, thrilling romances showcase the complexities of true love and how it isn’t easily achieved. I love Suspicious Partner. It's a good drama.   :heart2:

• Like 1

*** On July 24th, Ji Changwook appeared on ‘You Quiz on the Block’ and mentioned running into Jo Seho and Yoo Byungjae at a restaurant. Despite it being their first meeting, Yoo Byungjae secretly paid for his meal. Yoo Byungjae humorously replied, "I thought it'd be better for me to pay and leave Ji Changwook feeling uneasy forever." Also, here, Ji Changwook has confirmed that he and EXO’s Doh Kyungsoo will star in a new drama together! he said, "I’m working on my next project with Kyungsoo! Let's all have a meal together sometime." Last year, Ji Changwook and Doh Kyungsoo shared they were in talks for ‘Sculpture City', a revenge drama.   :kicks:

20240725_043117_251_%20quiz.jpeg

source : Gstarlive

*** Also, during his appearance in 'You Quiz on the Block', Ji Chang Wook shared his experiences interacting with senior actress Jeon Doyeon, working together in the upcoming film 'Revolver'. Ji Changwook said, "I was so nervous when I saw her that I couldn't speak. Especially in non-official meetings, I found it even harder to talk. Jeon Doyeon asked if I usually don't talk much. I supposed to say, 'I'm sorry, I was just nervous,' but I was so nervous that I replied, 'Yes, I usually don't talk much.'" Yoo Jaesuk laughed as he commented, "It must have sounded like you were saying, 'Don’t talk to me,'" to which Ji Changwook agreed, saying, "I misspoke because I was so nervous."   :Megalol:   :heart4:

20240726_051549_691_ok%20tvn.jpg

source : Gstarlive

*** Ji Chang Wook,  expressed his love for his mother, who raised him alone during his appearance in 'You Quiz on the Block'. In the clip titled 'The Reason Why Ji Chang Wook Is Still Living with His Mother', Ji Chang Wook said, "My father passed away when I was little, so my mother had to go through a lot. As a child, I often thought that I should protect my mother as her son, family member, and man. My mother ran a barbecue place and then a maeun-tang (spicy fish stew) diner in our neighborhood when I was young. It was a tiny diner, and she worked alone. So I used to serve food there when the place got crowded. When my mom ran a barbecue place, the most challenging task for me was cleaning up the grill pans. And when she ran a maeun-tang place, cleaning up the fish tank was the hardest work. I couldn't just go to school like other students because tuition was way too expensive. So I used to work part-time with my friend, who is now the CEO of my agency." Ji Chang Wook shared that he and the CEO of his agency go way back; they went to the same high school. According to him, " He's my best friend. We have been friends for twenty years since we first met during our first year of high school. He was previously my manager before he became CEO of the agency. While he was working part-time in Anyang City, Gyeonggi Province, I reached out to him and asked if he would be interested in working as my manager. That's how we started working together."   :cheers:

201962872_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** The upcoming film “Revolver” has released individual teaser posters, providing a sneak peek at its six characters! Andy (Ji Chang Wook) delivers a contrasting sentiment with a defiant tone: “Responsibility? Promise? I’ve been living without those.” “Revolver” is set to hit theaters on August 7.  :winkx:

revolver-individual-teaser-poster-ji-cha

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/119/0002855984

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jeon Do Yeon, Ji Chang Wook, Lim Ji Yeon, Kim Jun Han, And More Navigate Personal Goals In Upcoming Film "Revolver"

20240729071152_revolver-1-.jpg?s=900x600

The upcoming film “Revolver” has released individual teaser posters, providing a sneak peek at its six characters!

“Revolver” is a new film about a former police officer named Ha Soo Young (Jeon Do Yeon) who goes to prison after taking the fall for a crime. Upon her release, she dedicates herself to a singular goal in life.

The newly released character posters for the upcoming movie ignite intense curiosity, offering a glimpse into the film’s complex world through vivid dialogue and diverse character goals.

Jeon Do Yeon commands attention as Ha Soo Young with her resolute line: “Take responsibility, and keep your promises.”

revolver-individual-teaser-poster-jeon-d

Meanwhile, Andy (Ji Chang Wook) delivers a contrasting sentiment with a defiant tone: “Responsibility? Promise? I’ve been living without those.”

Spoiler

revolver-individual-teaser-poster-ji-cha

Jung Yoon Seon (Lim Ji Yeon) adds a touch of allegiance with her understated, “I’m on your side, just this much,” while Shin Dong Ho (Kim Jun Han) warns with a sharp edge: “Remember this: never lie to Ha Soo Young.”

revolver-individual-teaser-poster-lim-ji

revolver-individual-teaser-poster-kim-ju

The Director (Kim Jong Soo) presses urgency with, “Handle this now. You know what happens if someone messes with Andy.” And President Cho (Jung Man Sik) challenges with the probing question, “Do you really know nothing?”

revolver-individual-teaser-poster-kim-jo

revolver-individual-teaser-poster-jung-m

The posters bring together veteran actors Jeon Do Yeon, Lim Ji Yeon, Ji Chang Wook, Kim Jun Han, Kim Jong Soo, and Jung Man Sik. Each actor infuses their unique energy and charisma into their roles, promising dynamic and compelling performances.

“Revolver” is set to hit theaters on August 7. Stay tuned!

*** "My Name Is Gabriel," one of the most highly anticipated entertainment shows of this year has continued to suffer low viewership. Perhaps wishing to avoid direct competition with Jinny's Kitchen, "My Name Is Gabriel" switched from 8:50 p.m. on Friday to a later time slot, at 10:30 p.m. Despite the change, the show continued to struggle with ratings in the 1 percent range. The fifth episode on July 19 even dipped below the single-digit mark to record 0.9 percent. Eight episodes remain in the season. Kim Tae Ho (PD & Producer) excels at highlighting the chemistry between diverse cast members, but 'My Name Is Gabriel' focuses on a reality show format with the cast living abroad for 72 hours, missing this key element. They say - the program's concept feels outdated. The missions in "My Name Is Gabriel" lack clarity. With so many entertainment programs available, a show needs a clear purpose to engage viewers.    :kaching3:

credit : Korea Herald

Watch: Jeon Jong Seo Has To Survive On Her Own After Ji Chang Wook's Death In New Historical Drama Teaser

20240731023700_queen-woo.jpg?s=900x600&e

TVING’s upcoming historical drama “Queen Woo” (literal title) has revealed its first teaser and posters!

“Queen Woo” is a chase action historical drama that follows the story of Queen Woo who becomes the target of five tribes seeking to gain authority and princes who are after the throne following the sudden passing of the king. Queen Woo struggles to find a new king within 24 hours.

Jeon Jong Seo takes on the role of Woo Hee, a queen of Goguryeo who marries one of her husband’s younger siblings after the king dies in order to protect her family and tribe. The drama also stars Kim Moo YeolJi Chang WookJung Yu MiLee Soo HyukPark Ji Hwan, and more.

The poster below features the charismatic Queen Woo, who finds herself at the center of a massive power struggle following the king’s death. Wearing a shining golden crown and exuding majesty, Woo Hee turns her face as if to confirm the king’s death, whose silhouette is shown behind her.

Queen-Woo-01.jpeg

Another poster below previews Woo Hee in stark contrast, dressed not in the queen’s robes but in armor, shooting a bow. The text that reads, “The king’s death, I must survive on my own,” hints at the intense power struggle, raising curiosity about whether Woo Hee, who has taken up arms in this tumultuous battle for supremacy, can end the war and secure her place as queen.

Queen-Woo-02.jpeg

The teaser video that was released along with the two posters highlights the turmoil within and outside the Goguryeo palace following the unexpected death of King Go Nam Moo (Ji Chang Wook), who had once dominated the battlefield.

The video depicts the chaos that ensues as Woo Hee, who must resolve her family’s crisis without even having time to mourn the king’s death, faces forces attempting to overthrow her, hinting at even greater upheaval to come.

Watch the full teaser below!

Spoiler

“Queen Woo” is set to premiere on August 29. Stay tuned!

*** Streaming platforms' original series are dominating the miniseries drama category at this year's Seoul International Drama Awards (SDA). This year's 19th edition of the ceremony will be held on Sept. 25 at the Yeouido KBS Hall. It will air on SBS and livestream on YouTube. Streaming platforms took six slots out of the 11 nominees for the miniseries category. Disney+ took up two slots with “Moving” (2023) and “The Worst of Evil” (2023), and Netflix had four nominees: “Daily Dose of Sunshine,” (2023) “3 Body Problem," “Boy Swallows Universe” and “Cigarette Girl” (2023).   Actor Song Kang-ho was nominated for the Best Actor category for his recent Disney+ series “Uncle Samsik,” alongside Chinese actor Hu Ge, Australian actor Felix Cameron, Czech Republic actor Matej Hádek, Mexican actor Alexis Arroyo and French actor Tomer Sisley. The winners will be announced during the ceremony.     :heart3:

A poster for the 19th Seoul International Drama Awards [SDA 2024]

A poster for the 19th Seoul International Drama Awards [SDA 2024]

source : JoongAngDaily

Jeon Jong Seo Takes Center Stage in Teaser for Historical Action Series ‘Queen Woo’

queenwoo_2.png

The intense struggle for survival begins for Jeon Jong Seo in the upcoming TVING original series Queen Woo (literal title). The series, which kicks off with the king’s sudden death, has just released a thrilling trailer and posters, building anticipation.

Queen Woo follows the story of Queen Woo, who finds herself in a deadly power struggle with various factions vying for the throne after the king’s unexpected demise. Set in the historical backdrop of Goguryeo, the series focuses on Queen Woo’s desperate efforts to place a new king within 24 hours. This high-stakes chase thriller marks TVING’s first foray into historical drama, featuring an impressive cast including Jeon Jong Seo (as Woo Hee), Kim Mu Yeol (Eul Pa So), Jung Yu Mi (Woo Soon), Lee Soo Hyuk (Go Bal Ki), Park Ji Hwan (Moo Gol), and Ji Chang Wook (Go Nam Moo).

The newly released teaser poster features Jeon Jong Seo as Woo Hee, showcasing her regal and formidable presence.

Wearing a radiant gold crown, Woo Hee exudes an unapproachable aura. Her expression, filled with determination rather than sorrow, hints at the gravity of her situation following the king’s death.

Another poster contrasts this image by depicting Woo Hee in armor, shooting an arrow, symbolizing her fight for survival and dominance in the ensuing power struggle. The caption, “The king is dead, now you must protect yourself,” encapsulates the perilous journey she faces as she takes on the formidable task of securing her position amid chaos.

3-%ED%8B%B0%EB%B9%99-%EC%98%A4%EB%A6%AC%

The trailer further reveals the turmoil within and outside the Goguryeo palace following the unexpected death of King Go Nam Moo, played by Ji Chang Wook. As Queen Woo must navigate the threats from opposing forces without a moment to mourn, the stakes are raised, hinting at an epic confrontation.

As Queen Woo ventures outside the palace walls to install a new king, it remains to be seen whether she can fend off those pursuing her. Reflecting on the advice from Go Nam Moo, “Now you must protect yourself,” Woo Hee prepares to take up arms against her enemies, promising intense action scenes. The series also explores the complex relationships and power dynamics among key characters, including the loyal official Eul Pa So (Kim Mu Yeol), the queen’s attendant Woo Soon (Jung Yu Mi), the ambitious third prince Go Bal Ki (Lee Soo Hyuk), and the king’s loyalist Moo Gol (Park Ji Hwan).

Queen Woo will be exclusively available on TVING starting August 29th.

Source: TVING