Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

As you all may have noticed, Soompi is going through yet another forced upgrade to its platform, so posts are going to look quite stupid until those issues get resolved.  If you need more information or to report a bug, please check out this thread: 

• Confused 1

@cherkell:ph34r:Trying to post given the Soompi update.  Normally I use IE Edge browser but posting in that mode got me nowhere.  Now I am using Chrome and having more success with the default theme.  

Thank you for the Wook updates.  Life is crazy where I am now (Florida, the land of liquid sunshine).  The folks in Houston are lending us their sheet music and lyrics for "There's Got To Be a Morning After."  

I've made it to page 300 in the Wook Saga and have so many questions and comments but I need to wait until I am more clear-headed.  Keep truckin' and bringing us cheer.

5 hours ago, MyStars said:

@cherkell:ph34r:Trying to post given the Soompi update.  Normally I use IE Edge browser but posting in that mode got me nowhere.  Now I am using Chrome and having more success with the default theme.  

Thank you for the Wook updates.  Life is crazy where I am now (Florida, the land of liquid sunshine).  The folks in Houston are lending us their sheet music and lyrics for "There's Got To Be a Morning After."  

I've made it to page 300 in the Wook Saga and have so many questions and comments but I need to wait until I am more clear-headed.  Keep truckin' and bringing us cheer.

*cue the Maureen McGovern soundtrack*

Was thinking about you yesterday.  I still have family on the "Redneck Riviera" side of the state (Palm Harbor and New Port Richey), and they're all heading north as I type this.  Batten down the hatches, and stay safe and dry!!! B)

BTW, during the last Soompi "update," this thread lost over 10 pages of postings, never to return via backup or other ways and means.  No wonder people have stopped using Soompi altogether.  It's only because I'm a glutton for punishment in keeping this thread alive, or I would have cut bait ages ago. :angry:

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, cherkell said:

*cue the Maureen McGovern soundtrack*

Was thinking about you yesterday.  I still have family on the "Redneck Riviera" side of the state (Palm Harbor and New Port Richey), and they're all heading north as I type this.  Batten down the hatches, and stay safe and dry!!! B)

BTW, during the last Soompi "update," this thread lost over 10 pages of postings, never to return via backup or other ways and means.  No wonder people have stopped using Soompi altogether.  It's only because I'm a glutton for punishment in keeping this thread alive, or I would have cut bait ages ago. :angry:

Aye, Cap'n.  Will Hatten down the Batches, and because we're expecting some high winds, gotta stow the jib and reef the mainsail.  (Did some sailing on the St. Johns back in the day with a nifty 30 foot sloop.)

Your family coming from the west to central and north, mine coming from the east to inland.  I'm already in the center.  If I run into your folks I'll be sure to say "Hey, y'all."   I was out and about the day before yesterday and my fellow Floridians were behaving magnificently.  Gallantry all around, smiles, politeness.  Good to see. 

Soompi is such a strange sprawling construct.  It is a bridge to magic land, i.e., South Korea, which is pumping out some unbelievable entertainment for the rest of the world to marvel at.  I can't get over how many different nationalities and countries and ethnicities are represented in these pages.  I never would have known any of this existed except by accident, so taking Soompi's orneriness  in stride kind of comes with the territory.  Does anything like Soompi exist for other fandoms?  Please continue to be a glutton for punishment here!  Don't talk about leaving......don't dare!  

Just to move this conversation back to its main subject, namely Ji Chang Wook, waiting for this freaking hurricane to hit must be like it was for him knowing military service was hulking just out of sight, ready to wreak god knows what havoc on him and his carefully built career.  If it were me, I would have felt an existential panic of major proportion.  But if he throws himself into military life like he does with his music and dramas, that is, with complete abandonment and utter guilelessness, he should be OK; leader of the pack, even.   

I need to shut up now and get back to disaster preparedness stuff.  Still have all kinds of questions, so I'll be back.

[Magazine/CF] 1st Look, Volume 141 – Missing You

007.jpg?w=600&h=888

Ji Chang Wook who is both a “master of action” and “master of kissing”. For a while, we won’t be able to meet this man who channels both masculinity and youthfulness, this man who mesmerises women with his sweet expressions. One day in late summer prior to his enlistment, we have our final chat with Ji Chang Wook on the set of the CF filming for Fossil.

009.jpg?w=600&h=888

Congratulations on becoming Fossil’s model for Asia. You participated in the shooting for “My First Fossil” advertising campaign today. How was it?

It was interesting. But it’s not easy to demonstrate the various functions of the Fossil third generation touchscreen through photos. It’s a bit of a pity that many interesting functions could not be expressed through the photographs.

Now that you’ve used the Fossil third generation touchscreen yourself, what do you think of it? Which function do you think you will be using the most?

I will probably be looking at the time most often since it’s a watch? Haha. I think I will use the smart features often for listening to music and taking pictures. It’s fun and interesting to use a watch for listening to music and taking pictures. It has many features that are very convenient.

008.jpg?w=600&h=888

Looking at the campaign name “Fossil Firsts”, we are curious about an unforgettable first experience of yours. What kind of first experience will the readers of “1st Look” get to hear?

My first shoot. I participated in my school’s short film when I was twenty, and I had no particular role then. My senior told me “Stand here for awhile” so I just stood there. But I didn’t expect that small experience to change my life. After that, I followed my seniors around and I got engrossed with the creation of short films.

Continue reading:  https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/09/13/magazinecf-1st-look-volume-141-missing-you/

• Thanks 1

[Notice] Several "fans" have taken to reposting pictures of Ji Chang Wook taken from the 3rd Infantry Division Daum Cafe and the recruits' Sunday Temple services -- some going as far as to SELL these photos!  Glorious Entertainment and the Daum Cafe Admins have requested that reposting of those pictures on social media sites be ceased.  Reposting is a violation, as they are not official Military releases.  The photos are only provided to family members and are not meant for public viewing, and this zealousness may result in trouble for Wook and reflect detrimentally upon his fandom.  Posting is only allowed if photos have been released to the news agencies, and then only if they have been cleared by the Korean Military for publication accordingly.  Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I have been denied access to this wonderful Ji Chang Wook sunlit fantasy world for a while due to events of nature (in this case Hurricane Irma) but I and my family survived and were very fortunate.  I hope the best for others.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:04 PM, cherkell said:

I still have family on the (western shore of Florida) and they are headed north.....I paraphrased because my "quoting" function is not functioning as it should.

I hope they are/were very fortunate, too. 

One thing I noticed while being in harm's way and without power for days, was that one tends to quickly take a personal inventory and rearrange some life priorities.  I have read here on this Soompi  Wook Saga  so often the people posting would beg off, saying that they had to get back to reality. They were having too much fun here.....back to the grind. They felt guilty.  I've done it myself. 

But it is time for me to change it all up, change the priorities.  I now know that the reality is right here.  This world that JCW built and lets us share is a place of joy and benevolence, hard work, passion, courage, confidence, and to quote from the poet John Keats:

.  . . . . . . . . . .

Beauty is truth, truth beauty - that is all

Ye know on earth,  and all ye need to know.

From Ode on a Grecian Urn(While you were a drama/theater major, I was a literature/philosophy major.) 

There, fixed it for ya.  The last stanza spacing, that is.

I am so impressed with how hard this man has worked; how hard his management company has worked to find him material that would play to his strengths. ** He stands up and tells the truth about his successes and failures.  Was it in that interview in Hanryu Pia magazine that he mentioned having totally ruined a singing version of "Although I Loved You" from The Days musical?  He has a warm, intimate voice, and when he is onstage singing, the fans in the audience know that they will probably never be duped by any tricky lip-synching ploys because he has a tendency every now and then to go a little pitchy.:wink:   Which is even more endearing.  But, no flies on this guy.  I grew up on stage musicals, movie musicals and grand opera (self-taught) so his music is my kind of music.  I think one of the other posters here called it "ballads."  Yep.  I am only up to page 336, 350 now, so if I've covered material already discussed, well, sorry, but feel free to join in, contradict, or add to the observations.

Vive Le Wook!!

** Except for that weird segment of Happy Camp where he had to wear a goat costume.  There is a special place in Hell for people who design ridiculous skits like this designed to make a performer look undignified.  Except JCW, who survived and managed to look ethereal.  HTH? does he do that?

[CF] Ji Chang Wook sends his greetings through Fossil adsfossil01.jpg?w=600&h=338

It’s a blessing that we are still getting new content of Ji Chang Wook even though it has been more than a month since he left for the army. Following his recent feature in 1st Look magazine, global watch brand Fossil has gone on to release several videos of him endorsing their latest line of smart watches.

In this 30-second ad, Ji Chang Wook appears with actress Song Ji Hyo to showcase the watch’s high-tech features.

Spoiler

They also dropped by the store to customise a tote bag with their images printed on it.

In the 1st Look interview, Ji Chang Wook lamented that he wasn’t able to properly demonstrate the watch’s features through photographs. Well, we get to see him do just that in this short behind-the-scenes video of the photo shoot.

Fossil is currently running a campaign offering buyers of their smartwatches a chance to meet Song Ji Hyo at a fan sign session. As Ji Chang Wook has already enlisted, he appears in a short video instead to make up for his absence.

Click on CC for English subtitles.

Fossil stores around Asia have already started putting up his ads, so see if you can spot them around while shopping!

Credit: Fossil and 1st Look on YouTube

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cherkell said:

[Event] Ji Chang Wook has been nominated for a Fan Popularity Award at the 2017 Asia Artist Awards. Vote here: https://goo.gl/tG29zi 

Went to this site and found some dude already had 86,000+ votes.  Whaaaat???? Whereas JCW had about 5000+ and looked to be in second place.  Misprint?  Miscount?  Sheer thievery? 

Again, many thanks for all of the information and pictures you provide.  Correlating and aggregating all of this information is not easy; in fact it is hard and thankless at times.  By the way, did an earthquake rock your world?  The one in the LA area, not the one in Mexico.  We all need to duck and cover at times but it seems this season there is nowhere safe to run and hide.

• Like 2