Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

48 minutes ago, Daldan said:

Thank you my dear @cherkell :lol:

One more thing I wish to ask though, if Interpark Global won't be handling Ji Chang Wook's concert ticket this time, is it possible for non-Korean speakers like me to purchase the ticket? Today I tried purchasing other tickets from Interpark but it required me to sign up, then when I tried signing up, it was all in Korean and I don't know what to do next :( Then when I clicked change the language to English, it relocated me back to Interpark Global again :tears: And do you need to be a Korean citizen or do you need to have Korean ID card to be able to sign up?

I'm sorry for asking a lot. I really do want to go :sweatingbullets:

It is no bother -- ask away!  That's what I'm here for.  :D

Unfortunately, the Korean Interpark purchase site is for people who have either a Korean mobile phone, a Korea-based credit card (and local billing address), or an iPin identification number (kinda like a Social Security Card in the rest of the world).  Anyone outside of Korea that doesn't have either of those items cannot purchase concert tickets through Korean Interpark.  We're stuck with Global Interpark whether we like it or not.  And I don't like it.

The Korean Interpark ticketing site was just put online a few hours ago, but will not go live until the 21st.  Fingers crossed that Global Interpark will follow and we *both* will be able to score a seat! 

• Like 1

***So sad & bad that he will be enlisting in the military soon. I'm gonna miss you, JCW! He will be missed for 2 years – (or 21-months). Can’t wait for his upcoming concert. :)

Ji Chang Wook To Celebrate 10th Debut Anniversary With Fans At Concert Before Enlistment

Ji-Chang-Wook.jpg

As a final farewell before his upcoming enlistment in the military and to celebrate 10 years since his debut, Ji Chang Wook will be holding a concert for his fans.

The actor’s agency, Glorious Entertainment, stated, “2017 was a special year for Ji Chang Wook. He debuted in 2008 and has been working nonstop for the past decade to mature and grow and become a representative actor of Korea. He wants to share the record of the past ten years through more than just the screen.”

The source added, “As a man living in the Republic of Korea, he will be enlisting in the military this year. Before that time comes, he wants to repay the love of his fans through this meeting and give them an experience they won’t forget.”

Since 2012, Ji Chang Wook has held concerts in countries all over Asia such as Japan, China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. His 10th anniversary concert will be held on July 22 at 7 p.m. KST at the Olympic Hall in Seoul.

Source (1) / soompi news

Love Triangle Between Ji Chang Wook, Nam Ji Hyun, And Hello Venus’s Nara Intensifies In New “Suspicious Partner” Stills

suspicious-partner-ji-chang-wook.jpg

Will Ji Chang Wook’s bouquet of flowers successfully make it into Nam Ji Hyun’s hands?

On June 14, SBS’s “Suspicious Partner” revealed preview stills of No Ji Wook (Ji Chang Wook) waiting for Eun Bong Hee (Nam Ji Hyun), prepared to gift her with flowers. In the last episode, he confessed his feelings for Bong Hee and is now waiting for her response. However, he unexpectedly comes across Cha Yoo Jung (Hello Venus’s Nara), and Bong Hee looks crestfallen upon seeing them together.

suspicious-partner-41.jpg

The drama’s producers stated, “The complicated emotions that have been flowing between Ji Wook, Bong Hee, and Yoo Jung will reach a climax in today’s broadcast.”

Meanwhile, episodes 21 and 22 of “Suspicious Partner” will air on June 14 at 10 p.m. KST.

“Suspicious Partner” airs every Wednesday and Thursday. Watch the latest episode at Viki!Suspicious-Partner_Soompi_610x130.jpg

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Thank you soooo much @cherkell. You're a big help :D Now I know why it's so hard to sign up on the Korean Interpark :sweatingbullets: 

I too will keep my fingers crossed for Global Interpark to open the sale ticket for this concert. I hope we both and also other international fans can be able to purchase the tickets. :) 

Thank you @willenette for the article. I will miss him too. 21 months is a long time :bawling:

[News] Ji Chang Wook to lend his voice to the Korean version of anime “Your Name”

img_20161116111742_542e2137.jpg?w=600&h=

Ji Chang Wook, along with fellow actors Kim So Hyun and Lee Re, will lend their voice talents to the blockbuster Japanese anime “Your Name,” with the Korean version to be released in local theatres on 13 July 2017.  Kim Sung Ho, director of the movie “How To Steal A Dog,” will direct the dubbing.

dczta1fumaankhl.jpg?w=600&h=300

“Your Name” is based on the novel adapted and directed by Japanese author Makoto Shinkai, and tells the story of a high school girl in rural Japan and a high school boy in Tokyo who intermittently swap bodies, causing confusion amongst their families and friends.  Ji Chang Wook will voice the character named Taki, with Kim So Hyun voicing the character named Mitsuha and Lee Re will voice the supporting character of Miki.

201706160827944237_2_20170616082921236.jpg

A representative from the production stated that “Your Name” is going to be produced as a barrier-free version with screen commentary and Korean subtitles added so that viewers and hearing-impaired people can see it together.  The three actors were said to be willing to lend their voices with the intention of making a meaningful impression upon the viewers.

201706160827944237_3_20170616082921324.jpg

It may be unlikely that this Korean version will have an international release since it is intended for the Korean audience.  Regardless, congratulations to Ji Chang Wook for another stellar role to add to his portfolio!

Credit:  Naver News

• Like 1

[Event] Ji Chang Wook heads to Jeju for the 2017 AIIB 2nd Annual Board of Governors Meeting

201706161017217620.jpg?w=600

Ji Chang Wook departed from Gimpo International Airport on the morning of 16 June 2017 to attend the 2017 AIIB (Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank) 2nd Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors to be held today on Jeju Island.  We previously reported on Ji Chang Wook’s appointment as Honorary Ambassador for the conference here.

201706161014382544.jpeg?w=600

https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/06/16/event-ji-chang-wook-heads-to-jeju-for-the-2017-aiib-2nd-annual-board-of-governors-meeting/

• Like 1

"Suspicious Partner" Ji Chang-wook to Nam Ji-hyeon, "Like me"

photo858005.jpg

Ji Chang-wook confessed his feelings to Nam Ji-hyeon once again.

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "Suspicious Partner", Noh Ji-wook (Ji Chang-wook) confessed to Eun Bong-hee (Nam Ji-hyeon) once again.

They were looking for clues on Bong-hee's ex-boyfriend's murder case. They found a body that was abandoned. Bong-hee worried that she might be framed for a murder that she didn't commit. Ji-wook looked for Bong-hee at home and was worried about her.

Bong-hee told Ji-wook that she would set a date to reply to his question. However, on the day of, Bong-hee met Jeong Hyeon-soo (Dong Ha) and learned that Hyeon-soo was listening to the music that the killer whistled. Bong-hee was devastated that she made Ji-wook stand lawyer for a killer again.

Ji-wook felt uneasy about a client telling him that someone from the lawyer's office would die. When he witnessed the client die in front of him from a car accident, he thought of Bong-hee. He ran to her and said, "I'm sorry that I can't keep the promise I made about waiting for you, so please just like me now".

Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

[CF] Ji Chang Wook is the new face of beauty brand 24 Miracle

main01_shop1_143744.jpg?w=600&h=221

Ji Chang Wook has been chosen as the new celebrity endorser for Korean cosmetic brand 24 Miracle!  24 Miracle is a Korean cosmetic brand selling mainly facial masks. The brand seeks to develop healthy cosmetic products made from organic ingredients that will benefit women’s skin.

A spokesperson of the brand explained their choice of model, “Ji Chang Wook’s sophisticated features and comfortable charm is an image that matches well with our brand concept and he will be able to highlight our brand identity, which is why we decided to appoint him as our new model.”

The spokesperson also added that the brand will be rolling out its marketing campaign overseas. Hopefully we can get to see Ji Chang Wook’s face in stores overseas too!

Source: Money S

• Like 1

[News] Ji Chang Wook is first in June drama actor brand reputation ranking

jcwjunebrand.jpg?w=600&h=506

Congratulations to Ji Chang Wook for taking the top spot in June’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The Korea Business Research Institute conducted an analysis of 125,441,267 pieces of data of 50 actors starring in ongoing dramas between 16 May 2017 and 17 June 2017. The research looked into aspects such as consumers’ brand participation, media mentions and engagement level. This was a 67.69% increase from the 74,806,906 pieces of data analysed in May.

jcwbrand2.jpg?w=600

In first place, Ji Chang Wook scored 1,532,055 points for participation, 556,836 for media mentions, 1,249,820 for engagement, 7,905,172 for community engagement and a total of 11,243,884 points for brand reputation.

jcwbrand.jpg?w=600

In second and third place are actresses Kim Ji Won from KBS drama “Fight My Way” and Wook’s “Suspicious Partner” co-star Nam Ji Hyun, respectively.

The report also analysed the links mentioning Ji Chang Wook, and it was revealed that comments such as “handsome” and “like” were the most common. Keywords related to him included “Suspicious Partner”, “Instagram” and “Nam Ji Hyun”.

Overall, comments about Ji Chang Wook were 84.93% positive.

Credit: TenAsia

• Like 2

[Update] Ji Chang Wook to hold 10th debut anniversary concert before enlistment

14 June update:
Date and time of concert: 22 July 2017, 7:00pm KST
Running time: 150 minutes with 15-minute intermission
Ticket prices:
R seats – 130,000won
S seats – 99,000won
A seats – 88,000won

Ticket sales will be done via Interpark. Ticket sales begin 21 June 2017, 12pm KST.

19 June update:

Links for ticket purchases are here:  Interpark Korea  Interpark Global  In case of a sell-out (which is expected), no tickets will be sold on-site at Olympic Hall.

• Like 1

Ji Chang Wook Transforms Into Director Behind The Scenes In “Suspicious Partner”

ji-chang-wook.png

On June 18, the production staff of “Suspicious Partner” revealed some cute behind-the-scenes stills from Episode 24, which broadcast on June 15.

In that scene, Ji Wook (Ji Chang Wook) embraces Bong Hee (Nam Ji Hyun) and confesses to her. In the stills, Ji Chang Wook playfully takes on the role of director and cinematographer as he literally goes behind the camera.

suspicious-partner1-540x679.png

While filming the scene, Ji Chang Wook monitored the performances carefully on the camera and after a discussion with Director Lee, the director cheerfully handed him over the reins on set. However, director Park Seon Ho made sure to keep an eye on him as the actor took over his role.

ji-chang-wook1.jpg

One source said, “Ji Chang Wook and the other actors, including Nam Ji Hyun, bring an infectious energy to set and bring up the mood during filming. During this scene, Ji Chang Wook did not only monitor the scene, but he even did a bit of shooting as the camera director.”

“Suspicious Partner” airs every Wednesday and Thursday. Watch the latest episode at Viki!Suspicious-Partner_Soompi_610x130.jpg

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daldan said:

@cherkell Thank God!!!! The tickets will be sold through Interpark Global :relaxed:

One more thing to worry about  is...will we be able to score our tickets??? I think it will be sold out in like 2 minutes :cry:

A concern shown by many in Korea as well.  We'll just have to cross our fingers and pray.  :unsure:

Makes me nostalgic for the days when Wook wasn't a household name, and I could just walk into a fan meeting with the entrance fee in my hand and merely an hour's advance notice.  Good times...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daldan said:

I am so nervous, the ticket sale will start soon :confounded: Crossing fingers. Fighting everyone!!!

@cherkell how wonderful that must be :)

Show sold out in 3 minutes!!!  I think I have a ticket.  Still awaiting the official confirmation email, but the funds have already hit my credit card.  But even using the super-fast internet at my office, it was A NIGHTMARE as always.  *sheesh*

2 hours ago, cherkell said:

Show sold out in 3 minutes!!!  I think I have a ticket.  Still awaiting the official confirmation email, but the funds have already hit my credit card.  But even using the super-fast internet at my office, it was A NIGHTMARE as always.  *sheesh*

Congratulations to you :) 

I wasn't able to get the ticket,  It was sold out too fast :bawling: But I'm gonna try my luck again since they added another round of the concert. Wish me luck :)

• Like 1