Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Watch: Ji Chang Wook Is A Total Kid Around Nam Ji Hyun In “Suspicious Partner” Making Video

suspicious-partner10.jpg

Previously, Ji Chang Wook gushed about his chemistry with co-star Nam Ji Hyun and said that he teases her a lot when he gets tired on set.

In the latest behind-the-scenes video, viewers can see these sorts of interactions taking place between the two actors. Ji Chang Wook cutely tries to step on Nam Ji Hyun’s feet and does a cute little dance as they wait for the next take. In the next scene, Ji Chang Wook brags about his socks to Nam Ji Hyun, as she giggles at his childish behavior.

From their interactions, it’s hard to believe that Ji Chang Wook is eight years older than his co-star, as he becomes a total kid around her. Meanwhile, check out the latest stills from “Suspicious Partner” ahead of tonight’s episode!

Watch their adorable interactions below!

“Suspicious Partner” airs every Wednesday and Thursday. Watch the latest episode at Viki!Suspicious-Partner_Soompi_610x130.jpg

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Ji Chang Wook To Find Himself Unable To Stay Away From Nam Ji Hyun On Next Episode Of “Suspicious Partner”

suspicious-partner11.jpg

On June 1, “Suspicious Partner” shared preview stills of Ji Wook (Ji Chang Wook) leaning in to eavesdrop on Bong Hee’s (Nam Ji Hyun’s) phone call.

In the series of stills, Ji Wook has his eyes fixed on Bong Hee. He shows a burning determination to find out who Bong Hee is talking to and what they’re talking about. Even Cha Yoo Jung (Hello Venus’s Nara) and Na Ji Hae’s (Kim Ye Won’s) stares are not enough to break his spirit, and he brings Bong Hee closer to him as if he is trying to protect her from the other women.

suspicious-partner-25.jpg

The drama’s producers stated, “In today’s broadcast, viewers will be able to see Ji Wook being unable to stay away from Bong Hee. He will fall for Bong Hee more and more as time passes.”

This scene will air tonight on June 1 at 10 p.m. KST.

“Suspicious Partner” airs every Wednesday and Thursday. Watch the latest episode at Viki!Suspicious-Partner_Soompi_610x130.jpg

Source (1) / soompi news

Ji Chang Wook And Choi Tae Joon Talk About Their Bromance Both On And Off Screen

ji-chang-wook-choi-tae-joon.jpg

On May 31, the cast of “Suspicious Partner” participated in a press conference for the drama, through which they covered a variety of topics, including cast chemistry and Ji Chang Wook’s military enlistment.

In “Suspicious Partner,” viewers have watched Choi Tae Joon’s character, Ji Eun Hyuk, attempt to win over Ji Chang Wook’s character, No Ji Wook, time and time again. While the two had been friends ever since they were children, they became estranged after No Ji Wook’s then-girlfriend Cha Yoo Jung (Hello Venus’s Nara) cheated on him with Ji Eun Hyuk.

Ji Chang Wook said, “Tae Joon’s character keeps courting my character, who creates the possibility [for reconciliation] without actually acting on it and just keeps him around. I feel like if Ji Eun Hyuk isn’t there, my character would feel a little empty; however, No Ji Wook also doesn’t want to be too nice to him either.”

Choi Tae Joon said, “The best part about being on set is teasing Ji Chang Wook. I don’t think No Ji Wook will accept Ji Eun Hyuk’s good intentions any time soon so I think I’ll have to continue trying to win him over. That being said, it’s not tiring at all because when the cameras are off, Ji Chang Wook is always asking where I am because set feels empty to him when I’m not there. I’m very satisfied with [our bromance] in reality.”

Ji Chang Wook previously stated that “Suspicious Partner” would be his last project before his mandatory military enlistment, which he also confirmed at the press conference. Ji Chang Wook cheerfully asked everyone to congratulate him about his military enlistment and said, “I think it’s a great thing that I am able to enlist without any problems…I will put my all into my military service and think that I will be able to return as more of a man.”

Choi Tae Joon said to Ji Chang Wook, “I hope that you will be able to complete your military service well and return healthy. Just think that you’re just taking a well-deserved break for two years but don’t eat too much ramen. Don’t play too many computer games and read a lot of books.”

The actor also confessed, “I told Ji Chang Wook that I would visit him while was serving but he told me to not come,” which made everyone laugh.

“Suspicious Partner” airs every Wednesday and Thursday. Watch the latest episode at Viki!

• Like 1

*** According to Nielsen Korea, the SBS drama "Suspicious Partner" rated 8.4% (Ep.15) and 9.3% (Ep.16) which shows a 0.9% increase. :lol:

*** I feel sad reading & knowing that he's about to go soon.............to serve as an active-duty soldier. :(

Ji Chang-wook talks about enlistment

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20170601

Ji Chang-wook expressed his thoughts on his upcoming enlistment at a press conference on Wednesday.

“‘Suspicious Partner‘ will be the last project for me before beginning the mandatory military service,” he said. “Actually I’m happy that I am qualified to serve my country. I’ll do my best to endure the military life. I‘m expecting myself to be a better person after completing the service.“

(Yonhap)

The actor also said that the exact date of enlistment has not been set yet, but that he might be enlisting soon when the SBS drama ”Suspicious Partner“ finishes its run.

Spoiler

(SBS)

(SBS)

Ji is currently starring in the rom-com drama as a prosecutor-turned-lawyer with co-star Nam Ji-hyun.

The 32-episode drama airs Wednesdays and Thursdays. “Suspicious Partner” has 18 episodes remaining.

By Jie Ye-eun (yeeunjie@heraldcorp.com)

Spoiler

• Like 1

[Magazine] 10+Star, Issue 70 (Part 2) – Close-up of Ji Chang Wook

10plus14_jcwk.jpg?w=600&h=784

This is part 2 of Ji Chang Wook’s interview in 10+Star magazine. Click here for part 1.

Your personality seems to be more introverted.
If we get closer, I become livelier and I will also fool around a lot, but I’m very shy at first. But having done many interviews, I’ve gotten more used to talking about myself.

Do you like to read books?
I have many comic books at home (laughs). Recently, I bought the whole series of a comic called “Piano no Mori” except for two volumes. I enjoyed reading it a lot when I was younger, but it is now out of print so I am not able to buy it. 

10plus13_jcwk.jpg?w=600&h=813

People seem to read a lot of books when they enter the army, what do you think?
I want to play (laughs). It will be really great if I’m able to study, but I wonder how many people are able to do that. Of course, I don’t think I will be an exception.

You are entering the army at quite a late age, how will you deal with it if you get bullied by seniors who are younger than you?
Sincerity will probably be the best. Even when they bully me, I think they will treat me better once they know of my sincerity. I can also like you a lot (laughs). It’s vague but I think I’ll be able to do a good job, and it will probably be interesting.

You have a nickname “Gob Wookie*”, was there a moment where you really felt like a “Gob Wookie”?
My friends gave me that nickname (laughs). I don’t ride roller coasters because I can’t bear it, so I’m quite timid. There’s usually a lot of preparation done when I film action scenes so I don’t get scared, but feel comfortable instead.

*”Gob Wookie (겁욱이)” is a combination of the words “fear (겁/Gob in Korean)” and his name “Wook (욱)”. This nickname also rhymes with the word “turtle (거북이/Gor Bukie)” in Korean, which is why you sometimes see him associated with the Pokemon Squirtle in fan art.

10plus05_jcwk.jpg?w=600&h=755

There’s also a nickname “Ji Geu Dok” that is a combination of “Ji Chang Wook” and “Bbi Geu Dok (creak)”. People say that your dancing is awkward.
I think I’m always ji-geu-dok (laughs). This name was given by fans, I think the nicknames given by my fans are all good.

I hear that you are obsessed with games recently.
I will occasionally go to my close friend’s office to play Starcraft. It has been a long time since I played it so I find it fun. Mobile games are also convenient to play so I play a lot of that.

What do you like to do to recharge yourself?
Riding my bike. It has been almost over a year since I rode my bike while filming a show. I like the sound of the wind rushing past my face, and I slightly enjoy the speed too. And also meeting up with my friends. I enjoy just being with the people I like. So I will ask “What shall we do now?” once I meet my friends and pass time like that.

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/06/03/magazine-10star-issue-70-part-2-close-up-of-ji-chang-wook/

• Like 1

Ji Chang Wook And Nam Ji Hyun Walk The Line Between Romance And Comedy During Kiss Scene For “Suspicious Partner”

ji-chang-wook-nam-ji-hyun.jpg

Recently SBS released some behind-the-scenes stills of the kiss scene between Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun on “Suspicious Partner.”

In Episode 16, broadcast on June 1, Bong Hee (Nam Ji Hyun) headed to the park at a call from Chan Ho (Jin Joo Hyung) and is belatedly followed by Ji Wook (Ji Chang Wook). After being scolded for her actions, they returned to her house. There, Ji Wook apologized and held her close, followed by the kiss. Uniquely, the kiss scene has received attention for featuring no background music.

During the filming for the scene, Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun created both a romantic and a comic atmosphere in turns. The scene was filmed at the end of May at a set in Ilsan, with both actors checking their lines and expressions carefully before shooting. They rehearsed with director Park Seon Ho and occasionally played around with “mock” kiss scenes.

However, when the scene started shooting in earnest, both actors were focused on the task at hand, with reportedly the whole set holding their breath to stay as quiet as possible for the “soundless” scene.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Tension Rises Between Nam Ji Hyun And Ji Chang Wook In “Suspicious Partner” Stills

ji-chang-wook-nam-ji-hyun.png

Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun’s situations appear to have been reversed in recent stills of “Suspicious Partner.”

Until now, Ji Chang Wook had been the one pushing Nam Ji Hyun away in the relationship, but now we see Nam Ji Hyun looking angry as he tries to pacify her with some awkward aegyo.

ji-chang-wook-nam-ji-hyun-suspicious-par

In the last episode, the two characters sealed their romance with a rescue, a confession, and a kiss. With the release of the stills, viewers are curious to see how what happened in their relationship to create tension between them.

The production staff stated, “In Episodes 17-18, you can see a new side of Ji Wook as he tries to express his affection for Bong Hee. The relationship between the two of them will become more exciting, so please continue to tune in to the broadcast.”

Source (1) / soompi news

***This drama is so good! Their love story is CUTE! :lol:

Ratings For “Suspicious Partner” Grow Closer To “Ruler: Master Of The Mask” With Latest Kiss Scene

Suspicious-Partner.jpg

Ratings for SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Suspicious Partner” are continuing to grow!

On June 7, “Suspicious Partner” aired episodes 17 and 18, which featured a heart-fluttering kiss scene between Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun’s characters. Through this, the situation between Ji Wook (played by Ji Chang Wook) and Bong Hee (played by Nam Ji Hyun) has changed and is starting to become a blossoming romance.

“Suspicious Partner” recorded 11.7 percent ratings for episode 18, according to Nielsen Korea. The ratings for the drama continue to grow closer to the ratings of MBC’s “Ruler: Master of the Mask,” which brought in 12 percent and 13.6 percent ratings for its recent episodes.

Meanwhile, KBS2’s “Queen For 7 Days” brought in 6.5 percent ratings, which is a 0.8 percent increase from it’s previous episode.

In particular, according to the 2049 audience rating, the main indicator for advertising sources, “Suspicious Partner” recorded a 4.8 percent. With only a 0.1 percent difference, MBC’s “Ruler: Master of the Mask” recorded 4.9 percent.

“Suspicious Partner” airs every Wednesday and Thursday. Watch the latest episode at Viki!

Suspicious-Partner_Soompi_610x130.jpg

Source (1)(2) / soompi news

• Like 1

Everyone Wants To Know What’s Going On Between Ji Chang Wook And Choi Tae Joon In “Suspicious Partner” Stills

suspicious-partner1.jpg

Whatever’s going on between Ji Chang Wook and Choi Tae Joon on “Suspicious Partner,” the other characters are intensely curious about it!

In the new stills, released on June 8 from the SBS drama, Nam Ji Hyun, Lee Duk Hwa, and Jang Hyuk Jin peep into the office where Choi Tae Joon and Ji Chang Wook are facing off.

Although Eun Hyuk (Choi Tae Joon) is normally the moodmaker character, he looks deadly serious in the new stills, even possibly angry at Ji Wook (Ji Chang Wook), whom he normally tries to get along with (admittedly to varying degrees of success).

choi-tae-joon-ji-chang-wook-540x541.png

According to the production staff, Eun Hyuk will take on a new case in Episodes 19 and 20. He briefed the others at the firm about the case, but Ji Wook smells something fishy and opposes him.

The staff stated, “Ji Wook and Eun Hyuk will have a clash of opinions over the two responsibilities of a lawyer: the need for truth and the need for confidentiality. To see what kind of case they’ve received and how they’re going to solve it, please tune in to the upcoming episode.”

Source (1) / soompi news

Watch: Ji Chang Wook And Nam Ji Hyun Try To Hide Their Embarrassment While Filming Kiss Scene

suspicious-partner-kiss.jpg

SBS’s “Suspicious Partnerexperienced a boost in viewership ratings this week after the kiss scene from last week’s episode, which marked a turning point in Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun’s characters’ relationship.

Earlier today, SBS released a behind-the-scenes video of the two co-stars as they filmed the heart-fluttering kiss scene. In the video, viewers can see Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun cracking jokes on set while planning out the kiss scene with their director; however, as soon as they begin rehearsing for the scene, the two actors try to downplay their embarrassment as they hold tightly onto each others’ hands.

Plus, SBS released another video that captures the behind-the-scenes moments of the bar scene as well as the scene in which Nam Ji Hyun’s character unties Ji Chang Wook’s character’s tie.

• Like 1

"Suspicious Partner" Ji Chang-wook and Nam Ji-hyeon, family complications?

photo856608.jpg

Ji Chang-wook and Nam Ji-hyeon's families were revealed.

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "Suspicious Partner", Noh Ji-wook (Ji Chang-wook), Ji Eun-hyeok (Choi Tae-joon) and Eun Bong-hee (Nam Ji-hyeon) faced a new case.

Ji Eun-hyeok was in charge of the case and Eun Bong-hee struggled to find out the truth. Noh Ji-wook comforted Eun Bong-hee who worked so hard and acknowledged her as his superior.

Noh Ji-wook continued to work on proving that Jeong Hyeon-soo (Dong Ha) was the culprit. Jeong Hyeon-soo knew that Noh Ji-wook was onto him and revealed his claws.

Then Noh Ji-wook's family history came into the story. Noh Ji-wook told Eun Bong-hee about his family. His mother Hong Bok-ja (Nam Gi-ae) who ran a pizza restaurant was his step-mother. She was his real mother's friend.

Noh Ji-wook's real parents passed away in a fire. So his mother's friend took him in. His step-father was Byeon Yeong-hee (Lee Duk-hwa) who he worked with.

Eun Bong-hee claimed she had two fathers but she would tell him the rest later.

Noh Ji-wook's childhood also played by in his memories. A man with a scary face walked by his father who was down. Noh Ji-wook was crying looking at this man.

When Noh Ji-wook woke up from his dream. Eun Bong-hee took out a picture of her father. It was the face Noh Ji-wook saw in his dream.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20...

Translation : Hancinema

*** These two are so adorable... Can't wait to see this episode. :tongue:

Ji Chang Wook And Nam Ji Hyun To Enjoy A Leisurely Date In Upcoming Episode Of “Suspicious Partner”

suspicious-partner3.jpg

SBS’s “Suspicious Partner” has revealed spoiler stills of No Ji Wook (Ji Chang Wook) and Eun Bong Hee (Nam Ji Hyun) enjoying a date at a park.

suspicious-partner-21.jpg

In the scene depicted in the stills, Ji Wook was sitting alone at a park, lost in his thoughts, until Bong Hee appeared out of nowhere and surprised him. The way Ji Wook looks at Bong Hee is enough to melt anyone’s heart. Even Bong Hee, who tried to push Ji Wook away in recent episodes, had a huge smile on her face as he helped her learn to ride the bike.

Meanwhile, episodes 21 and 22 will air on June 14 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

[Event] Ji Chang Wook to hold 10th debut anniversary concert before enlistment (Updated)

wp-1497419440842.jpeg?w=600

The concert will be held on 22 July 2017 at the Olympic Hall in Olympic Park in Songpa-gu, Seoul.  (Olympic Park was also where Ji Chang Wook held his 2015 Birthday Celebration.)  Other details such as the event time and ticket sales will be provided by Glorious at a later date.

14 June update:
Date and time of concert: 22 July 2017, 7pm KST
Ticket prices:
R seats – 130,000won
S seats – 99,000won
A seats – 88,000won

Ticket sales will be done via Interpark. Ticket sales being 21 June 2017, 12pm KST. Link for ticket purchase will be posted later.

• Like 1

[Instagram/Weibo Update] 14 June 2017

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  #오늘 #수상한파트너  #오예 #나 #멋지쥬 #노지욱

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  #today #Suspicious Partner #oh yeah #I #am cool #Noh Ji Wook

哈哈哈哈哈哈 [笑cry][笑cry][笑cry]

ha ha ha ha ha ha [笑cry][笑cry][笑cry] 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daldan said:

Thank you @cherkell for the ticket info :)

I hope we international fans can purchase the ticket too cuz when I searched in the Global Interpark site, Wookie's concert is not listed there. :cry:

Sweetie, that's because the live link will not be posted until the sale date or the day before.  Interpark Global may not be handling it this time either, but we won't know for sure until closer to Tuesday.

• Like 1

Thank you my dear @cherkell :lol:

One more thing I wish to ask though, if Interpark Global won't be handling Ji Chang Wook's concert ticket this time, is it possible for non-Korean speakers like me to purchase the ticket? Today I tried purchasing other tickets from Interpark but it required me to sign up, then when I tried signing up, it was all in Korean and I don't know what to do next :( Then when I clicked change the language to English, it relocated me back to Interpark Global again :tears: And do you need to be a Korean citizen or do you need to have Korean ID card to be able to sign up?

I'm sorry for asking a lot. I really do want to go :sweatingbullets: