Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Hi just dropping by to say hello! Am currently engrossed with a cheesey drama.:P and possibly another black drama coming up.:D

kudos for JCW to learning Chinese. Its is widely known as a difficult language to learn because there are intonations with 4 sounds and is not an alphabet based language. Add to the fact that he is frequently in different parts of China which have different accents and vocab, it will be confusing. But as with all languages, practice and immersion is the key.

His enlistment date will be before his birthday right? Not many months left, hopefully he gets to do promotion for his chinese drama before going.

Ciao.

• Like 5

Does anyone have information on this?? So finally we international fans can join Dayrock now? How do we apply, does anyone know?

?taken-by=dayrock0705

(I don't know why the link to dayrock photo on IG doesn't appear but here's the content:

dayrock0705 Hi everyone. There have Been so many Foreign fans who Expressed Their Interest in joining Dayrock, the official Korean Fanclub for Ji Changwook. So, WE have changed Dayrock's Membership Application Process for Foreign fans to be Easier and More Convenient. 
This Change is Intended Communication to Promote Foreign Among fans and Help Them Share information We Hope More and More Foreign fans Apply for the Membership Thank you... 
Note: seperate Full Membership Application bulletin Boards are available to Chinese and Japanese fans If you are from other Foreign Countries. , HOWEVER, Please Use Full Membership Application Dayrock's official bulletin board. 

• Like 3

On 1/29/2016 at 5:48 PM, Daldan said:

Does anyone have information on this?? So finally we international fans can join Dayrock now? How do we apply, does anyone know?

(I don't know why the link to dayrock photo on IG doesn't appear but here's the content:

dayrock0705 Hi everyone. There have Been so many Foreign fans who Expressed Their Interest in joining Dayrock, the official Korean Fanclub for Ji Changwook. So, WE have changed Dayrock's Membership Application Process for Foreign fans to be Easier and More Convenient. 
This Change is Intended Communication to Promote Foreign Among fans and Help Them Share information We Hope More and More Foreign fans Apply for the Membership Thank you... 
Note: seperate Full Membership Application bulletin Boards are available to Chinese and Japanese fans If you are from other Foreign Countries. , HOWEVER, Please Use Full Membership Application Dayrock's official bulletin board. 

The photo does not show up because you do not have Dayrock's permission to share it via social media other than Instagram.

Dayrock's definition of "foreign" or "international" is not exactly world-encompassing.  (Remember, this is Korea we're talking about.)  The membership process has opened for Japanese and Chinese people to join via specific Dayrock threads created in those languages for members to better converse.  Other 'international' members will still have to access the main Korean forum using Korean language and level up in Korean accordingly.  But the original stumbling block of not holding a Korean identification number has been taken away.

I am unsure what this means for his current Japanese and Chinese fan clubs that are not Dayrock-linked - whether or not they will be folded into Dayrock or not remains to be seen.  But unfortunately, there is no process to access Dayrock in English at this time.  Hopefully this will eventually change, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 6

Thank you so much @cherkell for the information. 

It's good that they remove the rule of holding Korean identification one, but still i find it so hard to enter to the main Korean forum :( I was jumping with joy when i read about it but now it's back to where i can't really do anything....:( Let's hope we can finally access Dayrock in English soon. 

• Like 4

On 1/29/2016 at 8:14 AM, mellinadear said:

So I read on IG that wookie will finish filming Mr Right on Feb 17th. #celebrateslowkey. 

He looks tired in recent photos I saw online. I hope he can have a good rest soon.

JCW on iWeekly cover:

Embedded image permalink

source: iweeklymag twitter

@qwenli Yoo Ah In was born on Oct 6, 1986 and he has not been enlisted because he is currently filming a long run drama 'Six Flying Dragon'. I guess if Wookie has to project to do before his birthday, I think he would have to finish it first. Anyway, I'm still sad to know that there are only 5 months until his Korean 30th birthday.

This is a teenager JCW.  He looks so young here.

Embedded image permalink

cred: as labelled

• Like 5

[News] Ji Chang Wook returns to Korea for upcoming events

2016020301000262300013571.jpg?w=600

Aw, poor boy!  Ji Chang Wook returned to Korea on 2 February from his drama filming in Shanghai.  Looks like that head cold he picked up in Beijing hasn’t quite disappeared, so good for him to take precautionary measures and mask-up accordingly.  The Gov 3.0 event in Seoul is today (3 February), and Seollal (Lunar New Year) begins this weekend, so we’re glad to see him back on his home turf.  Enjoy some photos from his arrival at Gimpo!

http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/02/02/news-ji-chang-wook-returns-to-korea-for-upcoming-events/

• Like 4

[Instagram Update] 3 February 2016

나왔다!!!!!!! 지환이형은 노래좀 하는데…? 준형이는 나 레슨 해주더니 노래좀 늘었네 짜식… :phew: ……응..??? #2BIC #투빅 #지환 #준형 #엄지 #최고 #세상에 #뮤비 #출연 #하고싶다 #하지만 #두번정도 #까임 #눈물 #흑

It’s out!!!!!!! Ji Hwan hyung can sing a bit…? Junhyung gave me lessons so your singing has improved huh this fellow…hmm..??? #2BIC #2Bic #JiHwan #Junhyung #thumb #best #oh my god #musicvideo #appearance #I want to do it #but #twice #rejected #tears #sob

*The song title is “Love Memories”

• Like 3

[Event] Ji Chang Wook appointed Goodwill Ambassador of Gov 3.0

caqumiiueaaeix.jpg?w=600&h=600

Ji Chang Wook was officially appointed as the ambassador of Gov 3.0 and participated in a promotional campaign to introduce this new government service to the public.

On the basis of openness, sharing, communication and cooperation, Gov 3.0 is a new government innovative paradigm to create a government centred on the people, by providing a bespoke service to bring more convenience to the daily lives of citizens.

As the goodwill ambassador of Gov 3.0, Ji Chang Wook showed enthusiasm at the promotional event today. He distributed leaflets while moving from the Sejong Government Complex to the Sejong Center for the Performing Arts, and also participated in the “Scissors Paper Stone with Citizens” quiz, spending an enjoyable time with residents. He also posed with participants after the quiz for commemorative photos, showing a warm image even in the cold weather.

carhaxnuaaalzin.jpg?w=600&h=525

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/02/04/event-ji-chang-wook-appointed-goodwill-ambassador-of-gov-3-0/

• Like 4

On 2/3/2016 at 1:02 PM, nploan said:

His airport fashion looks strange to me....:o

Hi nploan, you're not alone, I feel the same way, too. I guess because I don't like the combination of what he's wearing. Well, there are times even celebrities have weird fashion choices.  Or sometimes being yourself isn't enough, you need to be a little weird to stand out. ... hahaha - But, just thinking about his handsome face, imagining without that face mask, I still could say - Oh my eyes, JCW is too dazzling! :P

• Like 1

[Magazine] iWeekly Issue 953 – Ji Chang Wook: Naturally loved when seen by anyone

JCK-iweekly953-01

It’s not just Lee Minho and Kim Soohyun who can hold up half the sky on their own in the Korean entertainment circle. There’s also them.

He was probably born with a charm that is able to capture the hearts of many and no one can withstand it. He is like this both on screen and off screen. I’m talking about, Ji Chang Wook. 

He already stood out in “Smile Donghae” in 2010, but it was because of “Empress Ki” in 2013 that he became popular. Never mind that he loved her and she loved another man, there was only one Empress Ki in his eyes. He worked hard to better himself, transforming from a puppet emperor to a true sovereign, and even sacrificed his life to help her get rid of her political enemies. It’s not possible that one isn’t moved by that, especially for female audiences.

Continue reading:  http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/02/06/magazine-iweekly-issue-953-ji-chang-wook-naturally-loved-when-seen-by-anyone/

• Like 4

[Instagram/Weibo Update] 8 February 2016

여러분 새해복많이받으세요!!
전 중국에서 명절을 보내네요ㅠㅠ
#새해 #명절 #중국 #보고싶다 #엄마 #친구들

Everyone happy new year!!
I’m spending the new year in China ㅠ ㅠ
#NewYear #holiday #china #I miss you #mum #friends

Xin nian hao!!!! [心][心]  Nimen 新年快乐!! [嘻嘻][嘻嘻]

Happy new year!!!! [心][心] Happy new year to all of you!! [嘻嘻][嘻嘻]

*Asians celebrate Lunar New Year today and tomorrow.

• Like 6