Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

The "Mr. Right" production team is releasing cast member wallpaper calendar pages throughout the next few weeks, and first up is our Lead Male for the drama.  Interesting choice of sweatshirt Wook is sporting there...

006gRpmhgw1eztf29vzzej30zy0p8dm1.jpg

Credit:  Mr. Right Weibo

• Like 7

Fashion Face Off: Go Kyung Pyo Vs. Ji Chang Wook In Marni Sweater

By Elsa B. | January 05, 2016 10:45 AM EST

Go Kyung Pyo Instyle Magazine January 2016 Photos Ji Chang Wook @Star1 September 2014 Photos
(Photo : Instyle & @Star1)

In the last (male) Fashion Face Off, CNBLUE's Lee Jong Hyun faced model Park Min Hyeok in the battle of the Burberry shearling jacket. Lee won with 86% of the votes, with his relaxed pose and casual slacks.

Like Us on Facebook

For this week's battle, two screen stars meet! Reply 1988 actor Go Kyung Pyo and Healer leading man Ji Chang Wook wore the same Marni loose waved knit. The sweatshirt has a ribbed crewneck, oversized fit and fading colors theme. It can be yours HERE.

Go modeled the knit in the January issue of InStyle, while sitting in front of a window overlooking a garden. He coupled the item with Rover sandals and a matching coat-shorts combination by Ordinary People. Meanwhile, Ji donned the piece in the September [2015] issue of @Star1, while leaning on a staircase. His look included dress pants, beige slip-ons and a simple leather-bound bracelet by Didier Dubot.

So, who wore it better? Vote for your favorite below!

Go Kyung Pyo

go-kyung-pyo-instyle-magazine-january-20 

(Photo : InStyle)

Vs.

Ji Chang Wook

go-kyung-pyo-instyle-magazine-january-20 

(Photo : @Star1)
cr: KpopStarz
  • Like 6

On 09/01/2016 at 0:10 AM, cherkell said:

[Weibo Update] 10 January 2016

Wo zai nuli xuexi zhongwen!!! [困][困][困] Dajia wanan [月亮][月亮][月亮][心]

I am working hard learning Chinese!!! [困][困][困] Everyone good night [月亮][月亮][月亮][心]

JCW's Mandarin handwriting is very childlike but neat! It gives a vibe of carefree and cheeky personality. :wink:

• Like 3

*** I'm very sure that JCW has the acting chops to shine in this role. I've seen all his works & I’ve grown to admire his acting style. He certainly deserves my attention after watching all his works. He is really a wonderful actor, not to mention the eye candy appeal - LOL - :P

When will Ji Chang-wook’s film premiere?

Actor Ji Chang-wook wrapped up filming for new flick “Fabricated City,” the film’s distributor CJ E&M said Monday.

“Fabricated City,” directed by Park Kwang-hyun (“Welcome to Dongmakgol”), began shooting last year in July and finished on Dec. 29 in Seoul.

Ji Chang-wook (CJ E&M)

“I want to say great work to all the staff members and actors for their hard work,” said Ji. “I thank everyone who worked on this project together. I had a happy time.”

“It was such an honor to work together on the memorable project with director Park and actor Ji, said costar Shim Eun-kyung, indicating she have always wanted to work with them. “‘Fabricated City’ is a film that I am very excited about. It is a film with immeasurable creativity, which is hard to come by, so please be excited.”

The action flick follows a man Kwon Yoo, played by Ji, who is a celebrated in the virtual game world, but in real life, he is an unemployed man. One day, his life changes entirely when he is framed for a murder. Actress Shim plays Yeo-wool, a genius hacker, who helps Kwon to uncover the truth behind the murder case.

The film also stars Oh Jung-se, Kim Sang-ho, Kim Ki-cheon and Ahn Jae-hong.

“Fabricated City” will open in theaters sometime this year.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 4

*** So many of my biases are going to the ARMY this year....sigh..... This might be the most heartbreaking year for all fangirls out there. hahaha - all hot guys in town are leaving. It’s quite sad. I feel sorry for JCW that he has to go enlist for 2-years. He has to cut his hair very short this time. The person in my avvie is so lucky that he is done with this phase. :P

14 Korean stars who may enlist in the army in 2016

ji-chang-wook_1452724573_c6.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

• Like 3

Cass Beer Ad Campaigns in Recent Years Feature Hallyu Stars at the Cusp of Major Breakout

cauds.jpg

I don’t follow any brands, whatever the product it’s selling, so on occasion when I post about CFs it’s in relation to the spokesperson selected for that particular campaign who happens to be a star I like quite a lot. With that said, following an industry like K-ent for so many years, some things linger in the periphery of the memory and all it takes is a trigger to tie it all together. The trigger for this Cass Beer ad campaign post is none other than shirtless Ji Chang Wook (see above), half submerged in a pool and looking as refreshing as the beer in a can he’s waving around.

When I randomly came across this smexy shot of Ji Chang Wook, I was surprised that he once did a Cass Beer ad, and then remembered many of my fave stars also doing Cass ads around the time each started getting really popular. Case in point – Lee Min Ho, Yoon Eun Hye, Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Jong Seok, and Kim Woo Bin. Add Ji Chang Wook to the list and it’s basically a who’s who of the current Hallyu top echelon of young stars. Whoever works at the Cass Beer ad agency involved in casting needs a raise because it’s quite a feat to tap this many successive breakout stars right before they hit it super huge. Check it out below for a fun retrospective.

cauds.png

caudsa.jpg

aysy.jpg

cuaus.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : http://koalasplayground.com/2016/01/13/cass-beer-ad-campaigns-in-recent-years-feature-hallyu-stars-at-the-cusp-of-major-breakout/#more-72317

• Like 4

[Weibo Update] 15 January 2016

Wo paile zazhi [嘻嘻] Qing duoduo qidai [爱你][爱你] @小资风尚

I took pictures for a magazine [嘻嘻] Please look forward to it [爱你][爱你] @xiaozifengshang

*Ji Chang Wook is being featured in a Chinese magazine called “小资Chic! Elegance”.

• Like 5

[Event] Ji Chang Wook to guest on Tencent’s mobile app awards show

Tencent (腾讯), China’s largest internet company, has invited Ji Chang Wook to guest on its “Tencent Yingyongbao  Star App Chart (腾讯应用宝星APP榜)” award show.

Ji Chang Wook is expected to perform his Chinese song “Be With You” at the event, which will be held on 17 January at the Workers’ Indoor Arena in Beijing. Other stars that will reportedly attend the event include Hong Kong singer-actor Jordan Chan, Hong Kong actress Cecilia Cheung, and former EXO member Luhan.

The top 10 mobile apps for the year 2015 will be revealed at the event held by Tencent Yingyongbao, a mobile app store that is China’s equivalent of Android’s Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store.

NOTE: At the time of writing this post, there has been no official confirmation from Glorious Entertainment on his appearance at this event.

Source: Tengxun Yingyongbao Weibo

• Like 4

[CF] Ji Chang Wook gears up for White Day with Stylus Jewellery

12471575_1717112695178469_24056963463297

In addition to the New Year rolling over and Lunar New Year festivities beckoning in a few weeks, advertisers are making sure the men in your life are not caught unaware for Valentine’s Day on 14 February and White Day on 14 March.  Stylus Jewellery joins that chorus with recent publicity stills featuring Ji Chang Wook and their ongoing “Dear My Muse” campaign.

12471828_1717112701845135_42524511059404

In certain Asian countries, Valentine’s Day is when women give gifts to the men in their lives, but “White Day” is the holiday where men return favour for the gifts presented to them on 14 February.  I’m not exactly sure what Stylus is trying to portray with their concept (going against the Valentine’s Day women-to-men gifting tradition?), but at least there’s some pretty pictures to stare at again. :)

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/01/15/cf-ji-chang-wook-gears-up-for-white-day-with-stylus-jewellery/

• Like 4

[Eng Sub] 20160108 – Ji Chang Wook interview with Han Ban Fun

hanbanfun01

Ji Chang Wook appeared in yet another video interview with the Chinese media; this time with 韩伴FUN (Han Ban Fun) by two major Chinese streaming sites — Tudou and Youku.

In this video, he talks about learning Chinese and the difficulty of acting in China, and also did some reflection on his choice to act in “Healer” and becoming an actor. There’s also a short O and X quiz at the end. This interview is not to be confused with his separate interview with Yinyuetai, where he was seen wearing the same outfit (likely because both interviews were conducted one after the other).

Click on CC for English subs. Please do not edit, reprint or otherwise reproduce our subtitles.

hanbanfun04

Source: Youku

• Like 6