Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

[Magazine] Esquire November 2015 issue – Ji Chang Wook, carrying on the Hallyu legacy

leadphoto.jpg?w=600&h=824

I heard you are currently filming a movie.  
The movie is a story about a man whose life is changed after he gets framed as a murderer for no reason. It’s a crime action movie; we spent about 4 months filming it. I will probably be busy with filming the movie till the end of this month (October). 

I heard you are playing the role of an unemployed man. I can’t imagine Ji Chang Wook acting as an unemployed person. 
I will probably appear just like how an unemployed person would in real life. I don’t wear make-up when I go to film the movie, and I don’t fix my hair either. I will go for the filming looking just like how I was after waking up. I will often appear wearing tracksuits.

dp_20151028_es_jee_2.jpg?w=600&h=824

After filming for so long, do you get a feel as to whether a show will succeed or not? 
It’s not possible to predict. It’s not possible to imagine too. Until the show is revealed to the public, it is impossible to tell if it will succeed or not.

Then what is your criteria for choosing a project? 
My criteria is totally subjective. Rather than “Will others have fun watching it?”,  it should be a show that I will have fun watching it. The character should also be charming. I will decide mainly based on these. It will always be tiring when acting in a show. It will definitely be tiring. Both mentally and physically. It is very rare for something to be completed easily and comfortably. That’s why I look for a role that I will be able to act and have fun at the same time.

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/11/15/magazine-esquire-november-2015-issue-ji-chang-wook-carrying-on-the-hallyu-legacy/

• Like 11

Saw a lot of pictures of wookie on IG. He's gonna be so stalked from his hotel to his set,isn't he? At least I will see him but I hope the fans don't disturb him too much.

Thanks for the translation from the magazine @cherkell and Gabby. 

It Made me a little jealous that he mentioned only China as the reason for popularity. *sigh* there are other countries too Wook. I'm happy for him. I almost skipped the part concerning the army but I was also intrigued to know what he said about that. I hope he continues to keep a positive mindset. I also have to keep a positive mindset since I will also be serving my country next year( a little similar to service in korea but we are trained for 3 wks by soldiers and then sent to go look for jobs. We do it for a year and then get certificates later. *sigh* I dunno why I delayed to do it).

Hope to see him do a kdrama soon. I miss him already. 

Edited by mellinadear
  • Like 9

Awww... Wookie look sooo handsome at the ceremony....Thank you for the photos!

I've been looking for pic/videos etc since his arrival in china, but I couldn't find any...chinese fans in general are usually generous about sharing with other fans, so I guess I need to look a bit harder :-)

Wook is being mobbed everywhere he goes.  I'm not liking his new bodyguards in Shanghai.  They're not doing a proper keep-away job like the Ajusshi Twins do back in Korea.  *hmpf*

The Chinese fans have finally figured out the game and started to seriously crack down on sharing their media content because of all the stealing going on.  And I don't blame them one bit.  If you're wanting to take from someone who is not a "public figure," then ask permission to share first.  :angry:

I've put up more Weibo shots on the "Mr. Right" drama page.  Now that the press conference has been held and filming is underway, that's where new posts should be located going forward.

• Like 9

Its times like this I wish wookie's personal body guards followed him from Korea.

There's a particular video that's circulating already of the actress being handsy with wookie(wiping his chin when he spilled his drink,i think)international fans are going nuts already because of it. She should be careful though.. Fans might decide to eat her raw.

@cookiesncream123 if You have an IG account, u can check jichangwook's hashtag. There are a lot of pictures to feast your eyes on.:)

• Like 8

Thank you @cherkell & Gabby for Esquire translation :D

@mellinadear I saw that clip you were talking about too where the actress was wiping his chin and other clips where she was being kinda touchy towards him...and fans are not liking it at all from many comments I saw. She should be very careful doing that. Anyway, all the best for the drama ;)  

• Like 5

Saw a lot of pictures of wookie on IG. He's gonna be so stalked from his hotel to his set,isn't he? At least I will see him but I hope the fans don't disturb him too much.

Thanks for the translation from the magazine @cherkell and Gabby. 

It Made me a little jealous that he mentioned only China as the reason for popularity. *sigh* there are other countries too Wook. I'm happy for him. I almost skipped the part concerning the army but I was also intrigued to know what he said about that. I hope he continues to keep a positive mindset. I also have to keep a positive mindset since I will also be serving my country next year( a little similar to service in korea but we are trained for 3 wks by soldiers and then sent to go look for jobs. We do it for a year and then get certificates later. *sigh* I dunno why I delayed to do it).

Hope to see him do a kdrama soon. I miss him already. 

Hi mellinadear, so NICE that despite of his popularity right now he still keeps grounded. About his MS, as what he said he really has to go when the time comes.  Korea maintains a compulsory conscription system in which all able-bodied men over 20 are required to serve in the military. Sigh.....Spending two years in the barracks is taxing for anyone not looking to pursue a career in the military. :(

• Like 5

@mellinadear I saw that clip you were talking about too where the actress was wiping his chin and other clips where she was being kinda touchy towards him...and fans are not liking it at all from many comments I saw. She should be very careful doing that. Anyway, all the best for the drama ;)  

Guys, the production started filming the previews as soon as the Prayer Ceremony had ended.  A lot of that touchy-feeley stuff the netizens are crabbing about is contained in these previews.  Wait until they're released -- THEN we can all start raging and complaining about the overuse of skinship in this show.

Personally, I'm not liking all this pawing and grabbing on Wook at all.  *grrrrrr*  :angry:

• Like 8

Awww... Wookie look sooo handsome at the ceremony....Thank you for the photos!

I've been looking for pic/videos etc since his arrival in china, but I couldn't find any...chinese fans in general are usually generous about sharing with other fans, so I guess I need to look a bit harder :-)

There are many updates about him from Chinese fans. You just type the keyword 'jichangwook' on social media, such as Twitter and Instagram, you'll find many new pics of him in China. Sometimes I also check out JCW DC Gallery for update even though I don't understand Korean. 

Some other pics at the filming site have just posted at Mr. Right drama thread

^_^ It's been a while since his last IG update. I hope he will post another selfie soon. 

• Like 2

We’re seeing Wookie everyday but…..I have to admit that I’m not happy as before. I watch Chinese dramas but…. how I was hope this wasn’t true.

Okay, he chooses to do it. I have no choice but keep following him :wub:.

Keep positive mindset! Everyday he’s smiling, enjoy his works. Besides that, he has to work even harder in this new environment. Thanks Wookie for that!

Hope this will be a good project to be worthy of his effort!

Thanks @CherKell/The Kitchen as always and thanks everyone for updating. 

• Like 2

[Event] Ji Chang Wook to hold fan meeting in Singapore with Shokubutsu

shokubutsu.jpg?w=600

Gabby sez:  OMG! I’ve finally waited for this day!!

Ji Chang Wook has been revealed to be the new brand ambassador for Shokubutsu, and he will be holding an exclusive fan meeting in Singapore as part of promotions for the brand. 

While Singaporean fans may rejoice, international fans may be disappointed to hear that the event is only open to Singaporeans and permanent citizens (i.e. you need a citizenship number to be eligible). Tickets to the event can be won by taking part in a lucky draw.

From now till 29 November, simply spend a minimum of SGD$10 on Shokubutsu products imported by Lion Corporation, then submit a short write-up (in 50 words) on why you should win the tickets to ‘Shokubutsu Ji Chang Wook Exclusive Fan Meet’. Email your write-up along with a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase to shokubutsu@lioncorp.com.sg with “Shokubutsu Ji Chang Wook Exclusive Fan Meet” as the subject header. 80 lucky winners will be selected from the entries on 30 November.

shokubutsu2

Click here for detailed explanation of the terms and conditions.

This is really a bolt out of the blue and comes as totally random to me. Although Glorious Entertainment hasn’t said anything as usual, but I can bet with my money that this is unlikely to be a sham since this is Singapore that we’re talking about, and the event was also advertised in the newspaper.

shokubutsu1.jpg?w=900

Source: Shokubutsu

• Like 8

It's exciting to know he will meet Singapore fans someday soon. Will @daegorr (Gabby) greet him at the airport? :P Is it Dec 6?

His recent pics in China on Nov 18. 

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

cred: as labelled

CUCm72fUwAAH7K1.jpg:large

cred: CHI-KO

Good luck with the drawing, Gabby! I hope you will be one of the winners. You deserve the prize, haha....

• Like 5