|WGM Chinese Version| We Are In Love - BF Choi Siwon |SUJU| and GF Liu Wen |Victoria Secret Model|

Guest bibidep

oh I got what you mean. This means this post is one of the most reposted/trending post at this moment on weibo, but he didn't pin this post himself, it showed up automatically. if you go see wen十won's weibo, you will see her first post was really pinned on top and it should show the pin mark as well, not like this one.

No dear, before he pin or move it up there, that post not even got up to that high liked.  For sure not because the highest like and reposted they moved up there.  You can not see the yellow mark from the phone because for some reason it not show up like that.  I can prove for you that they pin or move them up there the one they like, Siwon and Liu Wen had  the posts more liked more reposted but they still on the bottom.  You go to Liu Wen and check.  One of her post got up to 200,000 liked, more reposted and more comments but it still on the bottom.  Unless the system count the people who came in to peek at the post, the more they check they move it up there, if that is the case then I don't know.  But if you said the more liked, more comments and more reposted then it's not true.

Edited by bibidep

I'm still wondering...did we ever figure out what the "big incident" was that the producer of the show referred to? The only "big" thing I can think of in the last episode was the exchanging of rings, and that wouldn't be "big" unless there's a deeper significance behind the gesture. Even though there's been no official announcement about it, could that "big" thing mean it's now understood that SW & LW are engaged; if not engaged to be married, then at least engaged in the sense that they're now officially a couple beyond the show?

I think the answer lies somewhere in between. Not quite an official announcement of engagement yet (that is released in said/printed announcement) but a clear oblique indication of long term commitment. Couple ring exchange is common for most Korean/Chinese couples (possibly other cultures too). But to have their names inscribed in the rings, and given to the other person to wear, that goes beyond a mere couple ring. It would indicate, without saying in so many words, that I'm giving myself to you, and a longer term commitment. This would be something understood by those who are familiar with both Chinese and Korean cultures so it wouldn't need to be clearly explained. In many instances, words don't always need to be used in both cultures to indicate the message one wants to send across. It's often in the actions that one can ascribe meaning to an event. Some actions/practices are just implicitly understood to represent a certain meaning because that is part of the culture. I took that ring exchange, together with the red string, to mean "my destiny is you".

That's why, in the ring exchange, you could see the sheer happiness that radiated out of Liu Wen. Observe her smile, and the way she then reacts physically. I don't think she's that great an actress yet :)

EDIT: And yes, there might be some within those cultures who may brush that off as nothing of great importance. But often, the younger generation might not fully understand or know the meaning behind (traditional) practices. For instance, some of us might have thought "oh, that red string is kinda important" but may not have realised the full story and meaning behind it until we'd had the benefit of liddi's explanation. But you can bet that Liu Wen's parents and Siwon's parents would be paying close attention.

Sorry to be long-winded. But I just wanted to add something else for a little more clarity. For some (especially the older generation), the red string holds more weight, in terms of importance, than the ring. In Chinese culture, the red string of fate can sometimes be inter-changeably known as the string of marriage. The connection by the red thread of two lovers destined to be together, is deemed to be an enduring love that transcends time, place and circumstance.

Siwon could have chosen to have a ring exchange alone. That would have been perfectly fine and would still be considered as indicating a serious intention. However, he added the red string as well. He would have researched the meaning I believe (if he didn't already know it) because it sends an important message out to others, especially the older folks from both his and her families. There are many similarities within the Chinese and Korean cultures due to inter-twined history. For argument's sake, one could claim that he didn't know the underlying meaning of the red string. However, if he didn't fully understand the import of using the red string, I'm certain those closest to him, who are also well-versed in the going-ons of broadcast and media, such as his Chinese manager Keenie, would know and would have advised him on this matter.

• Like 5

Sorry to be long-winded. But I just wanted to add something else for a little more clarity. For some (especially the older generation), the red string holds more weight, in terms of importance, than the ring. In Chinese culture, the red string of fate can sometimes be inter-changeably known as the string of marriage. The connection by the red thread of two lovers destined to be together, is deemed to be an enduring love that transcends time, place and circumstance.

Siwon could have chosen to have a ring exchange alone. That would have been perfectly fine and would still be considered as indicating a serious intention. However, he added the red string as well. He would have researched the meaning I believe (if he didn't already know it) because it sends an important message out to others, especially the older folks from both his and her families. There are many similarities within the Chinese and Korean cultures due to inter-twined history. For argument's sake, if he didn't fully understand the import of using the red string, I'm certain those closest to him who are also well-versed in the going-ons of broadcast and media, such as his Chinese manager Keenie, would have advised him on this matter.

Thank you so much for that in-depth explanation.. I do believe Siwon knew the meaning of the red string that was why he did that event. He even explained to liu wen about the history of two lover's point :-) 

• Like 2

Well said, @silvergrey - thank you so much for eloquently explaining the significance of the red string especially in the finale. More than just a promise between the two of them, which the engraved couple rings would have sufficed, the red string is an declaration of his promise of their destiny together in the most traditional and culturally meaningful way possible to both his and her families.

• Like 4

@iamenn  Yes, I believe so too. He's very meticulous, as he pointed out to Liu Wen in her hotel room after the hospitalisation saga. He is very detailed and careful with what he does and how he does them. So I don't believe he would flippantly undertake anything, particularly those which hold significant meaning, just for broadcast. Especially something which may have the possibility of hurting someone or causing them embarrassment/shame, be it Liu Wen (especially her), her parents, his parents, those he cares about (SJ brothers, fans).

Edited by silvergrey
  • Like 3

Guest bibidep

@silvergrey we can not trust the red string either, I saw one couple in Korea we got married used the red string to lead her to met her groom.  Now I don't see any thing about them dating or marry each other.  They even walked together to the red carpet of something in Busan film award arms in arms but after the show nothing happen.  Remember Siwon and Liu Wen took the love shot with coconuts juice, Siwon also know that, I bet he knew a lot of stuffs about China and Korean culture.

Right now the thing I trust Siwon said the most was his feeling about Liu Wen when she got sick in Korea.  On the book that he gave to Liu Wen, he did mention when she in the hospital at that moment he noticed how much he care for Liu Wen.

Edited by bibidep

@bibidep True that perhaps other couples may have done it before, but taken in context of all that transpired between them, including, as you said the way he took care of her, the very telling meeting with his father, and the fact that the couple rings and the red string was done at the end of the filming, that holds far far more significance than having it done during the show.

• Like 3

@silvergrey we can not trust the red string either, I saw one couple in Korea we got married used the red string to lead her to met her groom.  Now I don't see any thing about them dating or marry each other.  They even walked together to the red carpet of something in Busan film award arms in arms but after the show nothing happen.  Remember Siwon and Liu Wen took the love shot with coconuts juice, Siwon also know that, I bet he knew a lot of stuffs about China and Korean culture.

@bibidep  I think that's where people are getting confused. The premise of this show is very different from WGM in Korea. WGM in Korea is a broadcast where two people are put into a pretend marriage to see how they might work things out. It is understood that everything is make-believe. Bringing the parents in, the wedding ceremony, living together .... these are all understood to be a pretense put on for the broadcast. Perhaps in some cases real feelings may have developed during the course of filming but by and large, it is clear that the two people revert to being professional colleagues or perhaps friends after the show is over. That's why ShiLiu pairing hasn't made great waves yet in Korea. Because if you look at the news articles etc, people are viewing them through the glasses of WGM Korea, that it's only a broadcast of pretend marriage.

LFIL has clearly been a show where two people have been brought together to see if they might hit it off from a relationship point of view. This has been clearly explained time and again by the show's own producers. It's like a formalised introduction, a match-make. There might be elements that have been added to make things interesting, such as the segment with Henry and Yewon. But most of the development between the couple is largely based on how they themselves want to drive that relationship.

"Right now the thing I trust Siwon said the most was his feeling about Liu Wen when she got sick in Korea.  On the book that he gave to Liu Wen, he did mention when she in the hospital at that moment he noticed how much he care for Liu Wen."

bibidep, if we go with the same premise that you feel we can't trust the significance of the red string, how then can you trust this album? It could after all be a script that he's written out in his own handwriting. ;) :P

Well said, @silvergrey - thank you so much for eloquently explaining the significance of the red string especially in the finale. More than just a promise between the two of them, which the engraved couple rings would have sufficed, the red string is an declaration of his promise of their destiny together in the most traditional and culturally meaningful way possible to both his and her families.

@liddi  You've succinctly explained all I wanted to convey, in that one sentence :)

Edited by silvergrey
  • Like 4

Guest foxydavis86

Looking back at the last scene, i love how simple everything was yet so lovely :rolleyes: i personally think a kiss on the cheek is so sweet and more appropriate in their phase of "relationship" (considering how shy liu wen was at first) also i like how decent siwon looks for such an event, he could wear suits (i'm sure they have time to change..) but instead he went up with t-shirt and sandals so simple..and that sweats give me the feel of he is just siwon a regular guy who are in love singing for his girl during sunset, not the superstar siwon who declaring love to his supermodel girlfriend on TV show:wub:

Guest bibidep

@silvergrey  if I remember correctly the red string did not connect from Liu Wen to Siwon, it only lead Liu Wen to where the book was and the area of where he will sing for her.  Is that the same thing with two people connect both side of the string??  We never had that tradition so I don't know much about it.

Dannggg  I keep checking Siwon SNS and see if he post his secret yet but nothing at all, just wonder when is he going to announce it, can't wait.

Edited by bibidep

@silvergrey  if I remember correctly the red string did not connect from Liu Wen to Siwon, it only lead Liu Wen to where the book was and the area of where he will sing for her.  Is that the same thing with two people connect both side of the string??  We never had that tradition so I don't know much about it.

That's ok, bibidep. Thank you for asking so we can discuss it.

It didn't specifically end at Siwon's physical feet finger but it is the same thing. Because it led her to the thing that represents them both and an indication that he is the partner who is waiting at the other end of the string. The album said "Forever Love" with their names on it and contained the journey of their love story. Even as Liu Wen was following the red string, she was saying this cannot end at just anyone, it must end at him (Siwon)! If you notice, as she came out of the church and saw the red string, her face visibly brightened and she was very happy and light-hearted but also very determined. Those heartbreaking moments in the church where he brusquely said adieu may have made her realise, what if he really did leave her for good. When Liu Wen saw the red string, she definitely understood what that represented :) She is a very traditional girl, bless her heart! Siwon knows that so I think that must've also influenced why he chose to send his message this way.

Edited by silvergrey
  • Like 4

Right now the thing I trust Siwon said the most was his feeling about Liu Wen when she got sick in Korea.  On the book that he gave to Liu Wen, he did mention when she in the hospital at that moment he noticed how much he care for Liu Wen.

Yes I watched that couple too.. but with Siwon and Liu Wen, I do believe they do things sincerely..  Korean WGM is highly unreal compared to We are in love since in the first place they have to act as married couple. :-)

• Like 2

Guest bibidep

Saw a weibo post and said secret = running man.

Oh my, if his secret is about running man then I never believe his secret any more.  That is just a show they appeared a lot before already.  I saw in Twitter and Instagram about that too but he post his Al Pacino and tag SECRET way too much for just a running man show.

They have appeared but never as a group. That has been requested by fans for ages!! Anyways we shall see soon.

Siwon is a troll though, i remember when he put a picture of a warning sign and stated he had a major announcement and it turned out to be when he got his dog Bugsy lol

• Like 8

Guest TA380

Oh my, if his secret is about running man then I never believe his secret any more.  That is just a show they appeared a lot before already.  I saw in Twitter and Instagram about that too but he post his Al Pacino and tag SECRET way too much for just a running man show.

Fans in Weibo are disappointed that his secret = joining running man.:tears::tears::tears:

Edited by TA380

Is it confirmed that the secret is Running Man? That's great news! Can we have all 9 of them on the show? That would intimidate the RM team lol! And the boys are variety gold so I will definitely be catching that episode.

• Like 5