[Drama 2015] Masked Prosecutor 복면검사 - Thank You For Watching!!!

kbleon

Episode 5 - Story

This episode is a couple of days old but still not fully subbed in English. It contains a lot of vital information and that is why I have decided to document it. With this, I am nearly sure JST is MH's biological father.

(1) The killer Lee Jang Gown was taken to the ER and unconscious. DC screamed at him, "you must live, you must live." Later, he said alone, "you must delay going to hell for a while." MH was totally unhappy about what DC did, she was sure that she could have arrived in time to catch Lee. DC was sure the witness would have been killed, possibly the detective also.

(2) MH interrogated ST and ST was taunting her. ST told her the method he used while he was a detective and it sounded very brutal. He said he used a baseball bat, no, an aluminum bat. ST claims the sound, "ching, ching, ching" makes it more frightening. His explanation will be used against him later. ST said to hit first the legs, then the arms, then chest and then head and they would feel hell. ST told her to try that on him. MH said she doesn't have to and asked Detective Park to take him to jail.

(3) Right outside the office, the Seoul Central Office intercepted the transport and they became in charge of the suspect. It is now a common occurrence and HW was responsible for it. In a transport car, HW complained to ST that he can't always clean up for him because he could become weaker as a prosecutor. ST told him he must because they are linked together: HW's father's YK Electronic was to expand to China and he would need ST's money. HW tried to convince ST that DA Song didn't take any of his money, but ST said Song's wife's elaborate wardrobe, piece by piece, has his name on it. ST assured HW that Lee Jang Gown would not wake up.

(4) MH wanted to call a press conference to reveal her findings about Killer Lee. But HW called the top detective of the Southern Division to take over the case and the chief held the press conference. The story was completely changed to the fact killer Lee was attempting a sexual assault on the witness girl and ended up crashing through a window. MH and her detective watched hopelessly. As viewers, we get a taste of what corruption could do.

(5) MH and DC fought in SRN's office and insults were exchanged. DC claimed the police academy taught novel writing and that is why the stories are changed. MH was unhappy DC looked down on the police. SRN stopped the nonsense and asked if MH is very close to DC so that she could talk informally with him. MH denied.

(6) Cash thief Lee Ho-Sin was caught trying to force a drunk driver to pay for things at a police station, using his girlfriend as a pretended pregnant wife. DC caught them in the act and threatened him into testifying against ST because Lee Ho-Sin was the one who led to killer lee and ST being photographed together and hence a charge to ST as the one who initiated the murder of a construction CEO. LHS was the chauffer of the late CEO.

(7) LHS barely escaped the murder attempts by ST's bad guys because of his appearance as witness in court. LHS complained bitterly about a prosecutor threatening him. So MH visited DC to buy him a cup of coffee as a gesture of appreciation (not that convincing that she appreciated it). She asked why DC did it, he said MH promised SRN that she would produce another witness but was unable to so he provided. And he said he did it because he used to like her a lot.

(8) HW told ST he might be in trouble if the witness fingers killer Lee as the killer of the late CEO. ST told him to "take care" of the witness. ST called prosecutor Ma and asked a favor (not shown what he asked) and with that HW introduced Ma to DA Song, thereby make Ma a big shot. Ma got the witness' sister fired from her job and closed down her father's dry cleaning business. DC was not pleased at all because the backing out of the witness caused ST to be acquitted of his guilt.

(9) Prosecutor Ma Sang Ho was bragging about his promotion at his dinner and he told SRN he would put her right behind him. SRN was cool and told him she likes to be behind him because she likes to stab rotten fish in the back. Ma was totally obnoxious, what great acting. As he entered the parking lot, DC beat the hell out of him, my favorite scene. DC told him to restore the witness family or else he would appear in the newspaper. DC then knocked him out completely. SRN witnessed the entire wrestling beat-down and she called the police. SRN followed the attacker out to his car and exposed DC as the mask man and DC was speechless that he got caught.

(10) Meanwhile, MH looked for a drunk on the street, Min Byeong Ho. He was a witness of a rape and tried to report it and ended up being beaten by ST's brutal interrogation methods, using an aluminum bat. It showed scenes where ST pushed a charge on him (as a witness) as the rapist. That was from 30 years ago, so MBH claimed he remembers nothing. But then he hesitated and remembered what happened. MH told him she will call him in a week. The time frame is consistent with MH's mother's rape and since ST placed the blame on the witness, it is very likely MH's biological father is ST.

(11) SRN and DC had a long discussion and DC asked her to overlook what she saw. SRN asked if DC helped her at "JinJu" for all the many trials that she was at a dead-end but out of the blue the criminal confessed. She asked if that was the doing of a masked man. DC said about half of her cases he was involved in but he quickly changed the subject. DC tried to convince SRN what the masked man does is necessary to serve justice on the bad guys. Later, after SRN lost her case against ST, DC told her that is why you need the masked man. SRN walked away dejectedly and didn't reply.

(12) MH visited a prisoner who was also beaten by an aluminum bat. MH did the "ching ching" sound to incite him and he apparently told her a lot and hope that she would help repay that crime to ST. That additional information gave MH a reason to visit ST and they had a quiet talk. They exchanged ideas about why the other wanted to be a police officer. ST spoke nonsense about MH but MH was right on about ST, that ST released murderers so they murder others for him, he released thieves to steal for him, he did everything for himself. MH then did the knock out, using ST's old saying against him, "I have turned an innocent person into a spy." "I have turned an innocent person into a spy and a murderer." (the latter referring to DC's father.) ST had a false laugh but realized MH knows too much.

(13) MH was lured to meet the pregnant wife of killer Lee and that was to be the end of MH because ST has put a contract out for her life. ST told HW on the rooftop that he has discovered a "leech" who knows too much and that is MH and she needs to be killed. HW was upset because he has feelings for MH and told ST if MH gets killed ST would get killed. ST said, "it is too late." The episode ends with MH being knocked out and one of ST's men pointing her pistol at MH's head. End.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 5 - Story

This episode is a couple of days old but still not fully subbed in English. It contains a lot of vital information and that is why I have decided to document it. With this, I am nearly sure JST is MH's biological father.

(1) The killer Lee Jang Gown was taken to the ER and unconscious. DC screamed at him, "you must live, you must live." Later, he said alone, "you must delay going to hell for a while." MH was totally unhappy about what DC did, she was sure that she could have arrived in time to catch Lee. DC was sure the witness would have been killed, possibly the detective also.

(2) MH interrogated ST and ST was taunting her. ST told her the method he used while he was a detective and it sounded very brutal. He said he used a baseball bat, no, an aluminum bat. ST claims the sound, "ching, ching, ching" makes it more frightening. His explanation will be used against him later. ST said to hit first the legs, then the arms, then chest and then head and they would feel hell. ST told her to try that on him. MH said she doesn't have to and asked Detective Park to take him to jail.

(3) Right outside the office, the Seoul Central Office intercepted the transport and they became in charge of the suspect. It is now a common occurrence and HW was responsible for it. In a transport car, HW complained to ST that he can't always clean up for him because he could become weaker as a prosecutor. ST told him he must because they are linked together: HW's father's YK Electronic was to expand to China and he would need ST's money. HW tried to convince ST that DA Song didn't take any of his money, but ST said Song's wife's elaborate wardrobe, piece by piece, has his name on it. ST assured HW that Lee Jang Gown would not wake up.

(4) MH wanted to call a press conference to reveal her findings about Killer Lee. But HW called the top detective of the Southern Division to take over the case and the chief held the press conference. The story was completely changed to the fact killer Lee was attempting a sexual assault on the witness girl and ended up crashing through a window. MH and her detective watched hopelessly. As viewers, we get a taste of what corruption could do.

(5) MH and DC fought in SRN's office and insults were exchanged. DC claimed the police academy taught novel writing and that is why the stories are changed. MH was unhappy DC looked down on the police. SRN stopped the nonsense and asked if MH is very close to DC so that she could talk informally with him. MH denied.

(6) Cash thief Lee Ho-Sin was caught trying to force a drunk driver to pay for things at a police station, using his girlfriend as a pretended pregnant wife. DC caught them in the act and threatened him into testifying against ST because Lee Ho-Sin was the one who led to killer lee and ST being photographed together and hence a charge to ST as the one who initiated the murder of a construction CEO. LHS was the chauffer of the late CEO.

(7) LHS barely escaped the murder attempts by ST's bad guys because of his appearance as witness in court. LHS complained bitterly about a prosecutor threatening him. So MH visited DC to buy him a cup of coffee as a gesture of appreciation (not that convincing that she appreciated it). She asked why DC did it, he said MH promised SRN that she would produce another witness but was unable to so he provided. And he said he did it because he used to like her a lot.

(8) HW told ST he might be in trouble if the witness fingers killer Lee as the killer of the late CEO. ST told him to "take care" of the witness. ST called prosecutor Ma and asked a favor (not shown what he asked) and with that HW introduced Ma to DA Song, thereby make Ma a big shot. Ma got the witness' sister fired from her job and closed down her father's dry cleaning business. DC was not pleased at all because the backing out of the witness caused ST to be acquitted of his guilt.

(9) Prosecutor Ma Sang Ho was bragging about his promotion at his dinner and he told SRN he would put her right behind him. SRN was cool and told him she likes to be behind him because she likes to stab rotten fish in the back. Ma was totally obnoxious, what great acting. As he entered the parking lot, DC beat the hell out of him, my favorite scene. DC told him to restore the witness family or else he would appear in the newspaper. DC then knocked him out completely. SRN witnessed the entire wrestling beat-down and she called the police. SRN followed the attacker out to his car and exposed DC as the mask man and DC was speechless that he got caught.

(10) Meanwhile, MH looked for a drunk on the street, Min Byeong Ho. He was a witness of a rape and tried to report it and ended up being beaten by ST's brutal interrogation methods, using an aluminum bat. It showed scenes where ST pushed a charge on him (as a witness) as the rapist. That was from 30 years ago, so MBH claimed he remembers nothing. But then he hesitated and remembered what happened. MH told him she will call him in a week. The time frame is consistent with MH's mother's rape and since ST placed the blame on the witness, it is very likely MH's biological father is ST.

(11) SRN and DC had a long discussion and DC asked her to overlook what she saw. SRN asked if DC helped her at "JinJu" for all the many trials that she was at a dead-end but out of the blue the criminal confessed. She asked if that was the doing of a masked man. DC said about half of her cases he was involved in but he quickly changed the subject. DC tried to convince SRN what the masked man does is necessary to serve justice on the bad guys. Later, after SRN lost her case against ST, DC told her that is why you need the masked man. SRN walked away dejectedly and didn't reply.

(12) MH visited a prisoner who was also beaten by an aluminum bat. MH did the "ching ching" sound to incite him and he apparently told her a lot and hope that she would help repay that crime to ST. That additional information gave MH a reason to visit ST and they had a quiet talk. They exchanged ideas about why the other wanted to be a police officer. ST spoke nonsense about MH but MH was right on about ST, that ST released murderers so they murder others for him, he released thieves to steal for him, he did everything for himself. MH then did the knock out, using ST's old saying against him, "I have turned an innocent person into a spy." "I have turned an innocent person into a spy and a murderer." (the latter referring to DC's father.) ST had a false laugh but realized MH knows too much.

(13) MH was lured to meet the pregnant wife of killer Lee and that was to be the end of MH because ST has put a contract out for her life. ST told HW on the rooftop that he has discovered a "leech" who knows too much and that is MH and she needs to be killed. HW was upset because he has feelings for MH and told ST if MH gets killed ST would get killed. ST said, "it is too late." The episode ends with MH being knocked out and one of ST's men pointing her pistol at MH's head. End.

​Thank you so much @docster6 for the ep. 5 recap!

@docster6 Thank you so much for the detailed recap of Episode 5.  I also think  JST is MH's biological father.  Hopefully Ep. 5 and 6 will be fully subbed by tomorrow, I still prefer English sub over  chinese sub videos coz I get confused with their names when translated to chinese, lol.

@melchai, referring to your GIF picture of "chaos in the police station," I think DC did a great job of not blowing his cover. With his fighting skills, he could have whipped that punk; but he ended up scratched up a little and that was why MH treated him for dinner afterward. By his crying about not having kids for his father, MH must be totally confused that he could not be that masculine fighting masked man. The way the story is being told, DC has always been a great fighter. After he fell in love with the young MH, he was daydreaming about her in class. When another student was caught using a cell phone in class, the teacher and the very large student had a loud verbally confrontation. DC was bothered because it ruined his daydream about MH, he sternly told that large student to sit down and be quiet and that large student obeyed. I was worried at that time, I thought the large student would beat up on the smaller DC. But there was no such scene, meaning DC ruled his school in fighting skills. That fact was not clearly displayed but from that I judge that DC can basically take anybody on. So in that respect, this story is similar to the Mask of Zorro, they both have unequaled fighting skills.

@docster6 ..I was so surprised to see why DC have bruised at his face .. he should have taken that man easily .... ha ha ..  actually what are the conversations between MH n DC that makes DC crying like a small boy and got drunk after the dinner ..looking at him with MH he seems like so frustrated with himself ..

I really want to love this drama, Kim Sun Ah is my favorite and I have watched everything she has done even I do, which I hated.  There is a problem with the drama, I can't pin point it, but from my point of view as a viewer (redundant I know) it doesn't translate to what they want to do.  I get it is kind of a parody that is why they chose a comedy genius like Kim Sun Ah to do it, but I think he is the problem, he has no comedic timing, he is a great actor, but slapstick comedy is not his style and that shows on the rest of the show, everyone blames the director or writer, but that scene at the garage, with a funny actor it would have been the crown of the episode instead he looks out of place and late, it makes the timing of the jokes not funny at all, but awkward.  I feel bad for Kim Sun Ah, I don't see an improvement, I am cheering for it though, I will watch till the end.

Wow I'm really starting to believe that DC mom was in on the set up of his father she never liked or loved the man that why it was so easy to throw DC away.. It seems she knows about everything that happen back then all she thinks about is what's going to happen to her company..Well Still need to wait until both episodes are fully subbed 

Oh please don't blame it on my bias :p... I still found he's quite funny in these 6 episodes.. or maybe it's just that everyone has a different taste. I fell for him in Cunning Single Lady which I found him the most comical lead actor today, since we know that all comical actors are always placed as the supporting player in dramas. actually I just finished 2 episodes of SBS's 'Mask'. it has a better story line indeed. If I were a korean viewer.. and if I didn't really idolize jsw, I'd rather switch the channel to SBS. So.. it's really about the story.. not about the actors. Just my view. ;) 

Guest Yurichin

@mtmaharini True2...that drama has fresh story and more budget I think ^^, and for law enforcement or hero with revenge ingredient and police theme...KBS already has healer and spy in this year and end of last year, sbs has sensory couple not long ago...so these theme is already has a full bag for that, and KBS already has queue for another police theme drama LOL ...it is really the story...oh how I wish this drama is an elegant romantic comedy with a little bit melo, it would be perfect. This drama is just mess the actors...fighting MP actors we love y'all :wub::wub::wub:

Archived