[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

Greetings ....

Don't know about ratings, but I am just super thrilled to see JJM back on the screen.

Isn't his voice just so amazing?  I truely felt a shiver down my spine when he started the narrative in the deep timbre that just makes one stop n listen...not wanting to miss something important n making one wonder what lies behind the words....

Sigh. (Like my ultimate hero Wang Yu once again)...

it's nice to feel inspired to post again after such a long drought.... don't know if the show will disappoint...but for now, I am happy to simply listen to JJM's deep evocative voice...

Ok... fangirling mode off

:wub:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest meelis

OK, the way I see it, the web drama was successful, but it killed the drama rating for ep. 1. People are not fool, why would they watch the same thing over and over again? If you remember, in his journal the CP objected to people who said that they're showing too much in the web drama, he said that in the drama it'll be different, some of the scenes will be left out and there would be new ones etc. But it didn't happen exactly like that. Not just 'too much', they showed almost everything in the web drama. On the other hand, the official info about the web episodes was misleading, it somehow made me (and maybe many of you) think that these scenes we saw in the web drama would be cleverly mixed with new footage mostly with the adult cast throughout the first 4 episodes of the drama. Instead, what we got were 2 and more web episodes compressed into the first drama episode. I don't know why they did that, it wasn't very well thought. And it somehow disappoints me, until now they showed very clever and not ordinary promotion tactics and it's a letdown to see them fail with the most important thing for a drama, aka the first episode.

Anyway, I think the situation will be the same with tonight's episode, so we'll have to wait until next week to know if it will catch up with people's interest or not.

But I hope those who haven't seen the web version enjoyed ep. 1, it isn't bad at all per se.:) It's fast paced, the visuals are great, there are here and there good lines, the young cast is adorable and good enough at acting etc. 

@joyoflife77, I'm so happy to see you back in full fangirling mode. :P Yes, many articles mention JJM's voice and his narration as one of the assets of ep. 1. 

Guest adikkeluangman

Second episode tonight. Happy watching to all... Wait, KTH as a former baseball player... Sorry cannot brain this. I'm so used to him as white collar character although most of it he will be the bad guy.

Eundong's son proof shot. What is his name in this drama... Rye?

If this story will be man stealing wife. Hope it will not go the route of SBS drama Temptation.

Someone asked earlier if Junior's fans would still watch the actual broadcast, the answer is yes. It was a twitter party yesterday ;D

I think while the web drama helped promote the drama, it also killed the excitement for episode 1. Had they kept the episodes shorter (5 to 8 mins), retain some of the mystery in the plot, it would have worked out in their favour. In my opinion, they could just show how the main characters in each arc meet, how their relationship blooms and totally skip the separation, the viewers might be more intrigued. But that's just my two cent. Anyway, I'm invested in the characters now so I would love see how the 30s arc play out.

This is probably Kim Taehoon's first 'nice' role. He has a very long rap sheet of playing bad guys.

However, since everyone knows him as a bad guy, I won't be surprised if he turns destructively obsessive. After all that is probably why he was cast - so he would generate as little sympathy as possible from the viewers and someone who should be removed. although he and his mother are the biggest victims of the 'fateful love'.

After watching the first the episode i completely fall in love with this drama!! :wub:  The first ep  Jr & Lee Ja In & Sung Hyun & Yoon So Hee :wub:   did soo good i was laughing and smiling for the whole 2 ep!!  Can't wait for ep 3 Friday hurry up!!! :wub: Can't to see more of Joo Jin Mo & Kim Sa Rang :D 

I agree that tonight's episode is better. The problem is not in the writing, it's the editing/screenplay. Good to know about the positive reviews but yeah the webdramas hurt the ratings as much as it also helped promote the drama. I've said it before that they're giving away too many scenes, they could have made the previews shorter. People who saw the webdramas weren't that excited because as you say it's quite redundant. There's no more element of surprise.  But I'm ok that people who didn't watch the webdramas actually like it. I hope the ratings will pick up once the adult arc is in full circle. I won't speculate about the ending based on what I read, I'll just enjoy this drama. I just hope it's not tragic as in somebody dies (and not JJM please).

Guest csmwifey

I am a newcomer in this thread, but I watched all the web episodes, since its Yoon Sohee, Baek Seunghyun and Junior T_T (I fell for Lee Jain too!)

I am still crying over the first episode, at Junior's scene. And the part when Seunghyun met Sohee again, it was soooo touching! The 2nd episode just aired, and haven't subbed yet, so I need to wait for the sub, then. sobs sobs.

Can someone tell me the name of the song for this drama? Especially when Junior's ran and shouting loud. The song is reaaaallly good!

Can't wait for the sub, and tomorrow episode!!

Can we talk about the ingenuity of this scene...

bBpng0K.png

Hyunsoo watching Tian Mi Mi, not only the lyrics perfectly fit the story but it's like Hyunsoo watching him meeting eundong again (ie TMM teaser). Very clever insertion.

And this story...

L4mJlBG.png

Ughh. It's a trap. I'm all over this couple now but this story sounds like a bad, bad very bad omen. :tears::tears:

Does anyone have some info about that story about Nero and Patra? Never heard about it... And it doesn't sound good either *sobs*. Omo, can't they give me a break?

Guest meelis

Thanks for all updates, girls! So ep. 2 was better? Good to know. I saw there're subs already at Viki, WOW so fast, I'm off to watch.

@salijoo, never heard of Nero and Patra either, sounds mythological, but if it was Greek/Roman, I would have heard of it. Maybe Indian? I'll try to find something about it?

And yes that line: "but the third time, it would have been better if we did not have met" doesn't sound good to me at all either... Why? What will happen? Worrying already.

Does anyone have some info about that story about Nero and Patra? Never heard about it... And it doesn't sound good either *sobs*. Omo, can't they give me a break?

@salijoo, never heard of Nero and Patra either, sounds mythological, but if it was Greek/Roman, I would have heard of it. Maybe Indian? I'll try to find something about it?

@salijoo ​@meelis I think the "Nero and Patra" they 're talking about are actually "Nello and Patrasche" of "a dog of flanders.

Archived