[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

@seungshin Good point about the happy 'LOVING' tone of the poster vs the viewed darkness of this drama (on human behavior over LOVE) vs writernim's plot.

201507701 Tenasia Hankyung News: Top 5 Touching Moments

JHktmeY.jpg

1. Ep 2 - "Our time together is so short. But our separation is so long."

2. Ep 6 - "I will make you laugh.....Until you can remember me."

3. Ep 8 - "That night, we loved each other to death. Please find my Eun Dong for me....But now, you are some man's wife and has his child. And cannot remember me!" 

4. Ep 9 - '10 years to me is not a long time. The problem is, if I wait and wait, and you don't/can't go back to being Ji Eun Dong. I will then treat you as Seo Jeong Eun."

5. Ep 10 "I will find my place. I will play fair."

I love all the above moments as laid out by Tenasia. And one more of my personal best moment thus far....oh how I love this segment. JJANG!

(PS: @seungshin please feel free to add or correct for inaccuracy or omission. Thanks chingu)

9dDzNVm.jpg

EDIT: I just realized the elevator scene "Please stay..." and the interview scene "I will forcefully take her back!" weren't included. Those are awesome too. WTH. The whole darn drama is full of touching and unforgettable moments! 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@seungshin do you think by yin-yeon they meant a dark (bad/evil) fate

@thegoldbug , this is the particular line in the article in Korean:

이후 (since then) 대학생이 된 서정은은 (university student Seo Jung Eun) 우연히 (by accident) 지은호와 재회하게 됐고 (reunited with Ji Eun Ho), 이미 옆의 (beside her already) 인연이 있었던 (one with 'yin-yeon') 최재호(김태훈 분) (Choi Jae Ho) 를 가차없이(ruthlessly) 미뤄두고 (pushed aside)  지은호를 향한 (toward Ji Eun Ho) 열렬한 사랑을 (passionate love) 드러냈다 (revealed).

I can't say it said 'dark/bad/evil fate' because there is a Korean word to say that which is 'ahk-yeon (악연).'  Ahk meaning evil/bad/dark but this word was not used.  

'Yin-yeon' 인연 is ubiquitous in Korean conversations of all forms (books, dramas, poetry and every day conversations) because Koreans totally believe in 'Yin-yeon.'  Every person we meet in life is considered to be an 'yin-yeon' by Koreans so there is the good the bad and irrelevant 'yin-yeon' in life for sure (ie. Buddhist tradition).

In the context of this article it simply said Eun Dong was 'connected by 'yin-yeon' with Jae Ho.'  Basically they met and they were 'connected' in that they are not strangers who've never met.  

Yin-Yeon' literally means a person (yin) connecting (yeon).  And of course in different context 'yin-yeon' could mean, fate, destiny, fated love etc. especially as we know it K-drama.  But a person has 'yin yeon' with friends, all members of family, people we work with etc. etc.  Every single person we meet in life.

May I add here, when EH's father (with his wife and Mina) showed up at Eun Dong's shop and ED finds out he is Dr. HA's father, she says "what a good 'yin-yeon' this is" and how small the world is (well she doesn't know he is EH's father too! yet).  So that's an example of someone coming right out and saying it's a good 'yin-yeon' the first time they meet someone one.  (ED would have said that of course since he is the father of her husband's doctor, an important and good relationship thus far).  The father definitely thought it was a good 'yin-yeon' meeting her since he was so taken with her on first sight (like father like son!).

I have so much to say about this scene. I just think it's packed with meaning and foreshadowing:

NpuXHm6.jpg

@valsava @thegoldbug Chingus-yah.... That's a good point. The police report and its content. I agree, barring any detective/police succumbing to bribery and altered the 'truth' in the accident report, the Seos would know Jae Ho ran a red light and caused the accident. There was another car that did stop at the light and so its passengers would be viable witnesses as well. I agree too that the Seos would buy whatever Jae Ho tells them post-accident - that Eun Dong caused it by struggling with him while he was driving, and distracting his attention on the road, and swerving to save her from death, all that jazz! Eun Dong's pregnancy yes would have been discovered then and recorded, but Ra Il's parentage would not be in it, nor would the Seos have done a paternal test back then upon being told of her pregnancy. They are just too happy to dump Eun Dong into Jae Ho's waiting lap.  I believe it is still Jae Ho's lies about having fathered Ra Il, 

@‌‌jadecloud, The accident happened when CCTV cameras already existed and were installed in just about every corner so it wouldn't be surprising that there is still video evidence showing how the accident happened besides the two witnesses present at the scene, the driver of the car that stopped at the traffic light when JH decided to run the light plus the driver of the truck that hit JH car who had the right of the way on the road, like you said what ever richard simmons JH told ED adoptive parents they would have bought it seeing that they were pushing for a JH and ED relationship in the first place, that is even if adoptive dad and JH didn't put their heads together to come up with the plan.

Besides JH was a star athlete just scouted by a LA dodgers so I doubt JH or  ED adoptive parents could have bribed or pleaded with the police to tamper with their investigation so the police records should be accurate but I can see a way that they could have begged the police not to give the media too much information as it is a tragic and they wouldn't want the tragic to be played out by the media,getting information on how the accident happen would be so easy for HS and ED, I bet even a search on the internet would provide much information, it just that ED and HS never bothered with HS saying that he would be waiting to personally hear what ED has to say before he decides what to do next and ED had no reason for the last ten years before she got her memories back to be suspicious and dig around since she had no clue that the people closest to her would all gang up on her and sell her this big lie making JH into a hero who saved her life and that of her unborn child and the act of her suspecting JH who she had thought had no reason to lie to her would have made her into an ungrateful human.

@jadecloud Just reading the selected dialogues makes my insides feel warm. This drama is sooo full of really good dialogues. Btw based on the pics you posted, I just noticed something. KSR is left handed! She irons with her left hand, she cuts the vege with left hand, and someone pointed out with her eating scene with Mi Soon, she was using her left hand to eat. Hmm, I didn't pay attention throughout the drama but I wonder if KSR is left handed in real life. 

@seungshin Good point about the happy 'LOVING' tone of the poster vs the viewed darkness of this drama (on human behavior over LOVE) vs writernim's plot.

201507701 Tenasia Hankyung News: Top 5 (100?) Touching Moments

1. EP 1 - every man, other than me, are dogs

EP 1 - Grandma, if a man was an angel, he would look like that high school oppa!

EP 1 - If I have to find you for some reason, I think I will be able to find you, it's just the feeling I have

EP 1 - I will be able to find you because you have the warmest back in the whole world

EP 1 - My most favourite thing used to be riding the motorcycle, until now

EP 1 - My most favourite thing use to be reading to my granny, until now

1. Ep 2 - "Our time together is so short. But our separation is so long."

EP 2 - 'she is my fiance'

2. Ep 6 - "I will make you laugh.....Until you can remember me."

EP 6 - 'I will just have to take her back'

3. Ep 8 - "That night, we loved each other to death. Please find my Eun Dong for me....But now, you are some man's wife and has his child. And cannot remember me!" 

4. Ep 9 - '10 years to me is not a long time. The problem is, if I wait and wait, and you don't/can't go back to being Ji Eun Dong. I will then treat you as Seo Jeong Eun."

5. Ep 10 "I will find my place. I will play fair."

EP 10 - Eun Dong Ah !!!!!!

I love all the above moments as laid out by Tenasia. And one more of my personal best moment thus far....oh how I love this segment. JJANG!

(PS: @seungshin please feel free to add or correct for inaccuracy or omission. Thanks chingu)

Hidden Content

EDIT: I just realized the elevator scene "Please stay..." and the interview scene "I will forcefully take her back!" weren't included. Those are awesome too. WTH. The whole darn drama is full of touching and unforgettable moments! 

I'm sure there are much much more others can add !!!

The letter HS wrote to ED (from MLE facebook)

[photo deleted, new photo added]

VhkVJJS.jpg

어젯밤 우리의 가슴을 저릿하게 만들었던 현수의 편지, 

Hyun Soo's letter that had our hearts cramp last night,

글씨도 예쁜 우리 현수의 편지 전문을 공개합니다!

We print all of Hyun Soo's letter written beautifully by hand !

사랑하는 은동아

My Love Eun Dong

나는 세상에서 가장 겁없는 녀석이었어. 10년 전 내가 너를 처음 만났을때 나는 그랬어. 그런데 너를 잃어버리고, 나는 겁쟁이가 됐어. 내가 세상에서 유일하게 겁나는 건 너를 잃어버리는 것이기 때문이야.

I used to be the most fearless young kid in the world.  I was like that when I met you for the first time 10 years ago.  But when I lost you I became a coward.  I only have one fear in the world and it's the fear of losing you.

은동아... 10년 전 그때처럼 나는 다시 겁쟁이가 되었다. 널 다시 잃게 될까봐... 은동아... 너에게 어떤 일이 있었든, 네가 무슨 생각이었든 나는 모든 걸 이해하고 기다릴거야. 그러니 제발 돌아와줘.  혹시... 그 남자니? 그런거니? 아니지...?

Eun Dong-ah... Just like 10 years ago I've become fearful again.  At the thought of losing you again... Eun Dong Ah...no matter what's happened to you, no matter what you were thinking I will understand everything and wait for you, please know that and come back to me.  Is it by chance...that man?  Is that it?  It isn't is it...?

내가 널 잃어버린 동안 그 시간에 머물렀던 그 남자와 지금 함께 있는 거니?

Are you now with that guy who lingered during the time I had lost you?

니가 싸준 김밥... 사실 세상에서 제일 맛있는 김밥이었어. 너한테 그 얘기도 못했는데... 너 지금 어딨니 은동아...

The gimbap you made...honestly it was the best tasting gimbap in the whole wide world.  I didn't even get to tell you that...where are you now Eun Dong ah...

난 우주 전체를 줘도 너랑 바꾸지 않아. 난 기다릴꺼야 니가 돌아올 때까지... 그게 1년이든 2년이든 3년이든 난 너를 찾을 때까지 기다릴 거야.

Even if someone gave me the whole universe I wouldn't exchange it with you.  I am going to wait until your return...whether it be 1 year, 2 years or 3 years, I will wait until I find you.

혹시 그게 10년이 걸린 다 해도 너를 기다릴 거야.

Even if it takes 10 years I will wait for you.

우린 꼭 다시 만날거야.

We will for certain see each other again.

The letter HS wrote to ED (from MLE facebook)

[photo deleted, new photo added]

Last night our jeorit be made suspending the chest write, 

Hyun Soo's letter that had our hearts cramp last night,

We will also publish the letter letters pretty professional of the suspension!

We print all of Hyun Soo's letter written beautifully by hand !

Love Dong

My Love Eun Dong

I was not the most frightened guy in the world. 10 years ago I did when I first met you. But you lose, I'm a coward. Because I will only scary thing in the world, you lose.

I used to be one fearless young kid.  I was like that when I met you for the first time 10 years ago.  But when I lost you I became a coward.  I only have one fear in the world and it's the fear of losing you.

Dong ... like 10 years ago when I was a coward again. Afraid to lose you again ... Dong ... What happened to you was whether, yieotdeun you understand what you think I'm going to wait for everything. So please Come back. The man you ever ...? Are you like that? ...'re Not?

Eun Dong-ah... Just like 10 years ago I've become fearful again.  At the thought of losing you again... Eun Dong Ah...no matter what's happened to you, no matter what you were thinking I will understand everything and wait for you, please know that and come back to me.  Is it by chance...that man?  Is that it?  It isn't right...?

Did I have now stayed with the man during that time you lost?

Are you with that guy who lingered during the time I had lost you?

You're ssajun rolled in seaweed ... It was the most delicious in the world, in fact. Mothaetneunde also tell you about that ... Where are you now, Dong ...

The gimbap you made...honestly it was the best tasting gimbap in the whole wide world.  I didn't even get to tell you that...where are you now Eun Dong ah...

I jwodo the whole universe does not change with you. I ... That one years or two years or three years or'll wait until you come back, I'll wait until I find you.

Even if someone gave me the whole universe I wouldn't exchange it with you.  I am going to wait until your return...whether it be 1 year, 2 years or 3 years, I will wait until I find you.

That's all you'll ever be to wait it took 10 years.

Even if it takes 10 years I will wait for you.

We're sure to meet again.

We will for certain see each other again.

@seungshin,

It's this some new info that we have pick up on from this letter, It seems that PHS knew that JH was still hanging around and he and ED may have seen him stalking them but paid no attention to because ED seemed that type don't like violence's and PHS always trying hard to keep his temper in check not to scare her off and JH never outright approach them they could have thought he was harmless and never thinking he would go above and beyond to be with her.. PHS say's is it that guy again so my thinking that JH and SJE was broken up so she thought only for him to turn out to be a stalker.. Now this brings me to my theory of how dangerous JH is..     

July 1, 2015

Dear @seungshin,

Love your comparison of this drama to "vanilla ice cream", but really "exceptionally well-made vanilla ice cream".   What a perfect ANALOGUE  for this drama! Since the "analogue" issue came up earlier in discussions about this drama. 

Vanilla Ice Cream --- the "BASIC" ice cream recipe, at that, upon which every other ice cream flavor depends --- also could be seen as an "analogue" for "love",  the "basic recipe" or value that determines almost everything we consider "good" or  worth seeking in life. 

Darn, I'll be seeing rainbows, unicorns, etc. soon if I keep on going at this rate.    :wub:

So many insightful observations and interesting opinions here.  Maybe we need an emoticon for  something like these responses:... AMEN!,  OH YEAH!,  "D----- RIGHT!,   WAY TO GO!, etc.?  Often, I want to APPLAUD!  without posting an entire REPLY.  Then I start "collecting names/pages" to "applaud" and it does  get a little distracting --- looking fors chance to work it into a comment. Maybe this is only a peculiar habit of mine,.I think we all have our own odd little "quirks".  

Any ideas for brief responses, sp.beyond the old "LOL", 'INSIGHTFUL", & ( i forgot!)?    :P   They were  "OK", but  any one have a better idea?  We could suggest it to Soompi, if we like it.  Here are some of my ideas:   

1.     "Agree to Disagree---Respectfully"   :huh:  (could be with emoticons not words -- kind of universal meaning)

2.     Acknowledge humor and wit  ---   "LOL"  or  "ROFL"  emoticon

3.     "LIKE THIS" --- OK to keep this. 

4.      "INTERESTING COMMENT"

5.      What do you think?    _________________(fill in the blank)

And Thank You, @seungshin. for reminding me to wish all our Canadian members a  "HAPPY CANADA DAY!"    :)    I did see it on my calendar!   How could I forget our Northern good neighbors!  Hope we  ALL have great weather and enjoy a great summer week end.

AFTER EPISODES 11 & 12 , or course!     :wub:   

N.B. --- ON AIR & LIVE, on JTBC TV in SEOUL is 20:40 on Fri. & Sat.

MY TIME is 7:40 AM  (Fri. & Sat. mornings)  aka   07:00 on Fri.& Sat  (Boston-NYC-Washington, DC- Miami  "corridor" USA)

@oyeleyeolusina CCTV huh? I hear ya. And I agree Eun Dong would never have known what hit her, if not for Eun Ho's reappearance into her life. Or should we say, In Yeon's interference once again? :P

@meelis Love that collage. Thanks. A bike date, again seems like a k-cliche-ish troll on us k-addicts. LOL. But with this writernim, I trust I can expect a fresh approach.:rolleyes:

@seungshin That love letter, it's so sweet and so touching. Love it :tears: :P 

@sooyoungdaebak Cuteness overload indeed! Aww.... OTP sure is killing us slowly till fri comes :)  Can't wait!

M/W, let's feast on this..

KYpdc9X.gif

.(images CR: MLED baidu)

@seungshin,

I'm looking forward to your comments on EunDong's meeting with Eun Ho's parents in the kid's clothing store.  I only notice one thing ---  A tan shirt haging on wall display behind the parents, noted above the Father's right shoulder (on wall) . In English on the shirt:  PURE LOVE .  I liked that. I miss some of these little hints that come from set decorations, books, etc in the drama.   I never could hear him say "agassi" --- but I noticed that his comment came AFTER little Mi Na called her "Ahjumma" --- or is that just how a child would address any adult woman?

Loved your comment on how Father liked her so much at first sight (Mom even commented on it ) --- "like father, like son".  Wonder if he fell for Mother at first sight?

@seungshin,

I'm looking forward to your comments on EunDong's meeting with Eun Ho's parents in the kid's clothing store.  I only notice one thing ---  A tan shirt haging on wall display behind the parents, noted above the Father's right shoulder (on wall) . In English on the shirt:  PURE LOVE .  I liked that. I miss some of these little hints that come from set decorations, books, etc in the drama.   I never could hear him say "agassi" --- but I noticed that his comment came AFTER little Mi Na called her "Ahjumma" --- or is that just how a child would address any adult woman?

Loved your comment on how Father liked her so much at first sight (Mom even commented on it ) --- "like father, like son".  Wonder if he fell for Mother at first sight?

@mdj101, I'm looking forward to mom learning that same ajjuma is the one who kept the bad boy PHS out of juvie and the mother of her G/son..

@seungshin,

It's this some new info that we have pick up on from this letter, It seems that PHS knew that JH was still hanging around and he and ED may have seen him stalking them but paid no attention to because ED seemed that type don't like violence's and PHS always trying hard to keep his temper in check not to scare her off and JH never outright approach them they could have thought he was harmless and never thinking he would go above and beyond to be with her.. PHS say's is it that guy again so my thinking that JH and SJE was broken up so she thought only for him to turn out to be a stalker.. Now this brings me to my theory of how dangerous JH is..     

PHS knew there was another guy in JED's life.   We don't know from what we have seen so far what interaction young PHS had with CJH.

I see from this letter that PHS was feeling insecure. He doesn't know what happened to her.  He is fretting whether she left him for CJH and he is hesitantly asking if that's the case?  Wanting to confirm it's not the case and if by chance it was true, he says, no matter what he would understand and wait for her.  He just wants her back to him.

I thought when he said 'with that guy who lingered during the time I had lost you' it was PHS's way of minimizing the importance of CJH in her life, as a guy who was in her life when PHS was not in her life, up until she found him and she and PHS started dating again.  That's how I interpret this new information from the letter.

The line you are asking about is this:

내가 (I) 널 (you)  잃어버린 동안 (having lost) 그 시간에 (that time) 머물렀던 (lingered) 그 남자와 (that man)  지금 함께 있는 (now with) 거니 (did)?

Are you now with that guy who lingered during the time I had lost you?

The Korean word for 'lingered' is quite benign.  It basically means 'staying around' I chose 'lingering' because it's more precise.

The usage in the Korean and English dictionary 머물렀던 (lingered) is this:

2UbogdO.png

@jadecloud:...

Loved  the delightful changing panorama of pics of KSP  ("Most Beautiful Body - 2015") and JJM.  How is it that she is still single? Which reminds me of something I read somewhere once about very beautiful women.     I try to think of it as one of "cons" in the "PROs & CONs" of being so gorgeous!  

Somewhere, a very beautiful actress said in an interview that she often was home alone, dateless, a lot of the time.  Apparently, men didn't ask for dates much --- thinking she would never consider them, or something along that line.  You can see where that idea was going, I hope, since I don't remember it exactly.   But it did seem  like there was some truth in it. Whoever the actress was, it was a person I felt was being quite honest at the time.  Of course, how would I know for sure? 

Another thing, I suppose a woman in her position must have concerns about the sincerity of people who approach her and needs to be careful.  But still, she has a handsome, college professor brother --- doesn't he try to hook her up with any nice men?   :huh: Is it really THAT hard to find good men when you are in her position?. 

While male stars have to go around "incognito" on a date, I would expect a woman like KSR would more easily just be invited to dinner parties and gatherings at friends' private homes.

Archived