[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all love @sungshinl's translations; the one in the preview of Episode 11 had us all giddy. As for the video preview, everyone was overwhelmed by the incredible kiss in the rain. But briefly the preview showed a very pensive Hyun Ah; I assume the DNA has come back indicating HA's relationship to RI. Here is my proposal on how to handle RI's adjustment to a new father, his real father. Let HA adopt RI for a while as RI really loves his cousin, HA's daughter. RI said, "she is not pretty but she is smart." Look, kid, you need to have your eyes checked. HA's daughter is way too beautiful. If you are genetically related to your father Hyun Soo, you are supposed to figure out a girl is really pretty before puberty. Then uncle and mom could hang around and let them adjust to their happiness together. Oh wait, I need to take this back, I don't think RI is allowed to marry his cousin. My brain is all messed up.

@docster6, I believe little Ra il actually thought the girl was pretty too.  So he has his father's genes for recognizing that.  But he's chicky like his father too.  Remember when 17 year old HS was talking to ED enjoying ice cream together in front of a corner shop aptly named 'Expectation Store'?

ED tells him she wants to become an actress so she can find her mother.  Young HS says 'you will have to be an excellent actress' (meaning she can't do it by her look alone) but he was being chicky as I believe he thought she was cute back then. 

We all love @sungshinl's translations; the one in the preview of Episode 11 had us all giddy. As for the video preview, everyone was overwhelmed by the incredible kiss in the rain. But briefly the preview showed a very pensive Hyun Ah; I assume the DNA has come back indicating HA's relationship to RI. Here is my proposal on how to handle RI's adjustment to a new father, his real father. Let HA adopt RI for a while as RI really loves his cousin, HA's daughter. RI said, "she is not pretty but she is smart." Look, kid, you need to have your eyes checked. HA's daughter is way too beautiful. If you are genetically related to your father Hyun Soo, you are supposed to figure out a girl is really pretty before puberty. Then uncle and mom could hang around and let them adjust to their happiness together. Oh wait, I need to take this back, I don't think RI is allowed to marry his cousin. My brain is all messed up.

@docster6,  Yes this could be another sign they related because most paternal and maternal relatives don't view each other as being attractive or in RA II case a cute girl he mat sense a closeness to her and see they have some similarities likes and dislikes.. 

I haven't watched the episode yet but, I can say definitely she has absolutely no business running a DNA test without her patient's knowledge or request. That is completely without ethics. But, I know, I know drama rules.

Anyone here in the US can buy a Paternity test kit over-the-counter at any major chain pharmacy, even Walmart! It's about $130 USD including the lab fees. It won't hold up in court because the court will require "supervised" collection of saliva ...but at least an OTC test can get some preliminary info, and I believe they are reasonably accurate. I am sure DNA paternity testing without consent happens all the time. For me, knowing the truth in a situation like this would trump just about any other issue of ethics or legality. Truth and honesty is the bottom line.

It is not ethical for her to be JH's doctor. It is not ethical for her to run a DNA test. It is not ethical to even discuss JH as a patient with her brother. And if South Korea has adopted some of the basic Health Information Policies, it is not ethical for her to admit JH is even a patient of hers without his permission.

AS a practicing doctor period. If any of this were to be found out she would lose her license after coming before a board review, after suspension.

These ethical standards are put in place for the protection of the patients. And you are held to these standards 24/7. She cannot even pull up another patient's chart, just to be curious, if it is not her patient and she has not been asked for consult.

The act of collect RI, DNA sample, whether hair left in her car seat or he straight up spit on her, for the purpose of a DNA test at home is unethical period.

I'm not defending JH.

But, he may have a case. Even now if/when he realizes the sibling relationship. She could lose her job and possibly never practise again, with just this alone.

This is something that is taught as soon as you enter any medical profession, revisited almost yearly(my state, every 2 years) through hospital policy and med board compliance (mandatory),. Some Med schools are actually adopting Medical Ethics as a preq before applying.

As a doctor, just like the police or lawyers you are bound by rules and laws unique to your profession, that can affect you beyond your profession, because of your profession.

Ex. A pregnant woman comes to me for advice about nausea and backache while I'm waiting grocery checkout, not my patient, not my field. My answer should be always "talk to your doctor"

YES!!! JJM was GLOWING when he kiss KSR!!! Omgawd!!! Both are single and ready to mingle!! Like someone here said, GET ELECTROCUTED ALREADY!! I ship this OTP!!! 

And yes, I wanna see the BTS for the kissing scene. I always notice that shy look they gave each other when the camera is not rolling. Like you know when you first go out on a date with the boy/man you like. You like him and at the same you're shy and blushing.

And on screen, their eyes sparkle when they look at each other! Love it!! 

Cracks me up when one of you mentioned it took ONE letter for this drama vs 365 in TN....hahaha...who has time for 365 letters in kdrama ;)  One powerful letter from Hyun Soo and we're goners...lol. 

I'm still too excited and I haven't even watch the ep yet! 

June 27, 2015  Post - Episode 10.

Thank you @lucy13880, for the Instagram pictures on p.186.  They capture the sheer joy of the couple's  moments of "seeing each other"  and recognising each other for the first time in 10 years/  The look on JJM's face captures the joy.  The intense and darkly smoldering expression is gone, and happiness lights up his face in the rain.  Flaming passionate moments are farther down the road.  But this picture captures pure happiness of "You've come back!"   :wub:   " I've missed you so much!"

EDIT:... Also seen in pictures on p.187 by @honeywell and others.  Love the look of pure happiness on JJM's face.  In my mind's eye I switch back and forth --- seeing first 20's Hyun Soo, then 30's eun Ho, then remembering that it is the talented JJM  who is re-creating this beautiful moment onscreen!     :)

For those of you who remember us talking about ajumma (married women) vs. agassi (unmarried women):

When EH's parents take little Mina to Eun Dong store and they go off to try on the little dress the parents are talking to each other about ED.  The father stares at her for a long time and the mother says 'it could be against the law these days to stare at a woman like that.'  The father says 'that agassi has a really nice personality look'.

There you have it, when you are an ajumma that looks as beautiful as Kim Sa Rang (JED) you may be called agassi a long after you've been married and grown older older!

O2kkPuWb.pngY4szE0Fb.png

Something you probably will not catch in translation or the subb but you can hear if you listen carefully even if you don't know Korean:

When EH calls ED from the beach front in front of a light house JH answers.  The ways Eun Ho says 'guess where this is' is very playful and child like.  It reminds me of the game 'knock knock' 'who's there'.

He says 'guess where this is' (yeogi-ga (here) uh-di (where) gghea-yo (is this)' but he almost sings the last phrase 'gghea-yo' at the end.  He stretches out 'gghea~~~~' 'yo'.  

He was trying to lighten up ED and entice her perhaps. Then he gets JH on the other side of the phone.  'Where is it exactly'.  So he hangs up.  Just wanted you to listen for it!

Watching the episode again and just concentrating on ED's point of view :-

That girl was a fox!! EH is right....she is a true fox and naughty girl through and through.  She was no passive damsel who was chased by hot-blooded HS.  We've been seeing this from his perspective and a limited one of ED.  Now that we know that she'd actually liked Hyun Soo even before the accident, it just makes me smile wider.  I am so digging this new glimpse into their love story.

She's not very innocent our ED - she baited HS with her confession about the boyfriend, left him with very little information and boy did he snatch at the bait and fell hook line and sinker.  She's the one who seduced him into their first kiss.......ahhhh, did I already say how much I love her personality.  She's so well-written and I probably shouldn't confess this - but - I can relate to her!!  Cuz I said the same thing to my boyfriend (now husband) and for the same reason.  Maybe that's why her personality resonates with me.  :)

@seungshinl:... So sweet to see that you worry about such a relatively unimportant  matter,  :rolleyes:  at least, to the rest of us here in the Soompi forums,  as mere spelling mistakes!   Yes, I go back sometimes to do the same, but not so much because of what I think others here will about me, as used to bother me more.  

But one of the great things I've loved here in Soompi forums is how easily the members go right over those minor details and get right to the heart of a writer's meaning instead.  Seems to be one of the "unwritten codes of conduct: that make it a really good place to meet up with other kdrama fans!

YES!!! JJM was GLOWING when he kiss KSR!!! Omgawd!!! Both are single and ready to mingle!! Like someone here said, GET ELECTROCUTED ALREADY!! I ship this OTP!!! 

And yes, I wanna see the BTS for the kissing scene. I always notice that shy look they gave each other when the camera is not rolling. Like you know when you first go out on a date with the boy/man you like. You like him and at the same you're shy and blushing.

And on screen, their eyes sparkle when they look at each other! Love it!! 

Cracks me up when one of you mentioned it took ONE letter for this drama vs 365 in TN....hahaha...who has time for 365 letters in kdrama ;)  One powerful letter from Hyun Soo and we're goners...lol. 

I'm still too excited and I haven't even watch the ep yet! 

LOL. Yes it's ME ME ME :rolleyes:

I ship this OTP!!!  

ME ME ME TOO!

Btw, has anyone already started a JJM/KSR shipping thread? I so wanna ship them (against my better judgement) they are so awesomely electrifying. Lord help us next week when we actually see them KISS! I don't know if I'll be able to sit still, and watch. Let alone do live recap..... :crazy:

@seungshinl:... So sweet to see that you worry about such a relatively unimportant  matter,  :rolleyes:  at least, to the rest of us here in the Soompi forums,  as mere spelling mistakes!   Yes, I go back sometimes to do the same, but not so much because of what I think others here will about me, as used to bother me more.  

But one of the great things I've loved here in Soompi forums is how easily the members go right over those minor details and get right to the heart of a writer's meaning instead.  Seems to be one of the "unwritten codes of conduct: that make it a really good place to meet up with other kdrama fans!

Not so worried about what others think as much as the spelling mistakes in translation that actually change the meaning!

Like EJH said he's learned from watching CJH one should 'NOT covet that which belongs to others'.  I didn't include the 'NOT'!  kinda important 

Archived