[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

Other thoughts:

This man bought a private villa to share with someone who he has not seen in 10 years, and someone who was not even his girlfriend when he did see her last, and this woman thinks he will be satisfied taking a backseat to anyone in her life?

Did she have to pick a ring?  She hasn't been wearing one this whole time. 

I follow the argument that EH is being selfish, but I wish everyone else involved would stop acting as if they are not pushing their own selfish agendas just because they are on the "right" side of the argument. 

Speaking of which, there always has to be a wench, huh?

Back to my identity question: who is the one so deeply in love with EH right now?  ED or JE?  To me JE doesn't really know him well enough to have such strong feelings, and if all of her memories and associated emotions are not back already how could she possibly love him as ED?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@seungshinl and @valsava Thank you for your points of view... this may be something irrelevant to the drama... I thought this was the beginning of some evil deed in the making, and I really hope it is not. I foresee Choi dying in the end, and I hope he dies for the right reason, maybe this time he will indeed shield ED from SR's plan; to me it looks like all he wants is to have his "happy family" back; but I don't think he would go the you're either mine or no one's; where I can see SR wanting to eliminate her from the picture...

I trust the writer won't make boy toy a noble idiot in love that will want to kill the two lovers (ED-HS) for the sake of his woman...

I think Writer-nim has it all under control when it comes to the character of JH. If you look at the label on the back of his wheelchair

It says "Karma"...right? I can't magnify it enough to be sure....but if it says that, we know his fate...and it won't be pretty! 

@shamrockmom, how could you even notice that?

This is the best I could do and I can't be 100% sure but I'm willing buy 'karma' idea.

9lTT6DV.png

@seungshinl and @valsava Thank you for your points of view... this may be something irrelevant to the drama... I thought this was the beginning of some evil deed in the making, and I really hope it is not. I foresee Choi dying in the end, and I hope he dies for the right reason, maybe this time he will indeed shield ED from SR's plan; to me it looks like all he wants is to have his "happy family" back; but I don't think he would go the you're either mine or no one's; where I can see SR wanting to eliminate her from the picture...

I trust the writer won't make boy toy a noble idiot in love that will want to kill the two   lovers (ED-HS) for the sake of his woman...   

@stclaus,  I think SR will do something to cut the one string that ties them together and that's  RA II she wants to eliminate anything that could hamper her from having all his attention.. Boy toy I see hurting ED and EH just to make the two pitiful villains happy..  I  mean everything has happen in this drama and I still believe in my mind that JH tried to kill them both  

@seungshinl: I was lucky to catch this on the first watch....usually I catch stuff like this on the rewatch. Perhaps some of @dualnon's powers have drifted my way....

@seungshinl Actually it does say karma... there is a company that sells this equipment Karma Medical Products: http://www.karmamedical.com/

Ha! Thanks, @stclaus.  It's still funny to me...out of all the brands of wheelchairs they could have used, they pick (probably in an unconscious manner)  the one with a special meaning!  Karma--it's coming for you JH! 

@mdj101 You're totally right, I love all the classic love stories; in fact, I haven't watched any contemporary "Hollywood" shows for quite a while... there's something about these classics and "like classics" that does takes me to what I call "my happy place"...

I've read several times that this type of love story is not realistic, that a man can't hold his manly needs for that long... I don't think this is necessary the case for many people. Hyun Soo didn't have a chance for closure from his relationship with Eun Dong; and at the time of separation it was when the relationship was hot and steamy and at its peak. So he waited and waited for her, she didn't come back. But she said to him "wait for me". He gets to be a famous star, life goes on, but what does he do in his spare time? He listens to their song, he watches her video; it's like in Hyun Soo's mind, time was paused; he was stuck in that time. Until someone could tell him, look at the evidence, we've found her body she's dead... then he could have moved on, heal his heart and maybe love another woman. But instead, by fate, he runs into her again. She's married to a disabled man and has amnesia. So again, this is not real emotional closure for him. He knows there's always a slim chance for him. Until she tells him "I don't love you, I'm in love with another man" - which of course we know it won't happen - Only then he could move on. Also, when there's a separation like this one, where there is no heartbreak, no death, you pretty much keep on falling in love over and over again with the memory of that person. You always think of the good times, the emotions, the heat, the passion, the love. The outside of you is living the day to day life, but your inside is living on another time.

So of course, he would get all this "female body offers"; but I'm sure he would think; what if I sleep with this woman and Eun Dong returns tomorrow? What if I like this other woman and I find Eun Dong? How am I going to deal with that? I better wait; JUST IN CASE SHE COMES BACK. Because when you don't know the reason for the disappearance of a person you love, you're always waiting for that person to come back; there's always that hope. Hope is the last to die.

So, in my eyes, this love story is not that unrealistic (Amnesia and lying aside) Maybe I'm very old school, but I still believe in true love.

Way late here, but let's not forget that ED was always the "seductress" and at this point we don't know that she has been intimate with anyone else in 10 years either. Gonna be nuclear, earthshaking, fireworks, when these two get together...

@seungshinl: I was lucky to catch this on the first watch....usually I catch stuff like this on the rewatch. Perhaps some of @dualnon's powers have drifted my way....

@seungshinl Actually it does say karma... there is a company that sells this equipment Karma Medical Products: http://www.karmamedical.com/

Ha! Thanks, @stclaus.  It's still funny to me...out of all the brands of wheelchairs they could have used, they pick (probably in an unconscious manner)  the one with a special meaning!  Karma--it's coming for you JH! 

@shamrockmom,  I found the similarities amazing like RA II name also has a meaning to and island namhae something like that I read a few pages back I don;t know if this is coincidence or what..     

This is for @mdj101 and @docster6 and every other baseball fan on this thread:

Yup I broke down and entered the DCInside .......oh no!

Is the team name really the Playboys???

No idea about the background of the photo.  They were posted on DCInsider, Korean fan forum. 

@luv2skulz Yup, I've read somewhere the team's name is Playboys. There are hawt actors in the team. Won Bin is one of them. Gawd! Waee we weren't at the stadium when they were playing baseball? :lol:

Nice catch with the word Karma! It's a richard simmons for JH for sure. 

I really hope Pdnim and writernim won't leave us dry when they meet in the rain after she called him Hyun Soo oppa! A kiss is sufficient. I'm trying not to be greedy :P 

From the translations of the Episode 10 preview, can i speculate:

1. EH asked sister HA if JH is sexually functional.

2. SR will release the photos to tbe media to ruin EH.

What do you all think?

Strong possibility if she becomes not just desperate but reckless...

I'm still curious as to how ED is JH's wife.  I'm pretty sure they weren't married before the accident and I'm unsure how they could have convinced her that they needed to marry after the accident (maybe because of Rall) if their story is they married out of High School.

JH is a piece of work trying to hold onto someone that wasn't his to begin with.  He doesn't love ED, he just wants to possess her.  She didn't love him before the accident so what makes him think it'll change anything if he shows her he can walk.  If someone did to me what he did to her I could really care less.

It looks like SR set up the press event so everyone could see ED is the wife of a man with paralysis so that if she releases the pictures ED and EH will look even worst in the eyes of the public.  JH went along with it.  I think they're both rotten people.

Don't think she would have needed convincing: if you woke up with no memory and the people closest to you in the world tell you this is the love of your life and you're pregnant to boot I think you go with it even if it doesn't feel 100% right. 

Tonight was the first time that this drama seemed heavy for me.  It was too real.  EH desperation and longing. JH being despondant at the thought of losing ED/JE.   The sister being at a loss for wanting to support her brother since he did the same for her, but not wanting to hurt her patient in the process.  EH friends wanting to comfort him out of his love sick depression and rejection. Omma burden of guilt.  Ra Il being oblivious.  Finally ED/JE struggling with what EH/HS wants ED but caught in the reality of being herself JE a married woman with a child in love with someone else other than her husband.  The true only love of her life., someone she hardly remembers but feels deep in her heart.

Then there is me wanting to be morally right and not wanting a marriage to end because of infidelity, yet wanting justice to live on in EH and ED being together.

There is so much more I want to say but I'm really upset with writer and actors for making this too real for me that I actually identify with the character, but also want to thank them for my solid 2 hours a week of entertainment.  Anyone else feel this way?  

Archived