[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

Thank you for the translation! @seungshinl, maybe he meant being in sync as much as possible with KSR's acting.. I don't know.

Comon, let's figure this out.  analogue vs. digital (old vs. new?) one directional vs. multidirectional?  But how does KSR being urban plays into this?  It really intrigues me.  I need to figure this out !

Joo Jin Mo Q & A:

When you found out who your acting partner is:  I thought I should go more into the ‘analogue direction’ (because Kim Sa Rang is more urban)

Kim Sa Rang ‘ I am who I am ‘

It took a while but I am happy to return with a melodrama after a long time away.  I loved the script. It is not a common love story. An analogue love story

@seungshinl Thanks for your translation. Awesome!

OMG I'm obviously late to the partee! That Q&A...killing me surely with their answers. How can they be so similar in so many ways? I  LOVE THEM!

Re analogue/analog ..my take FWIW...and I may be wrong: 

Analogue is a story that contains similar characters, situations, settings, or verbal echoes to those found in a different story. Analogues sometimes reveal that one version was adopted from or inspired by another, or that both stories originate from a buried older source. I think another angle is it's also being similar/parallel, but not the same, being relatable to each other.

Eg1. Romeo and Juliet and Westside Story are analogues, with Romeo and Juliet being a source for Westside Story.  

Eg2. Geoffrey Chaucer's stories in The Canterbury Tales, most of them have analogues of some similarity; and often they are of French or Italian origin.

Eg3. Maggie Cheung Man Yuk(HK) vs Jang Man Ok(Korean); Tang poet Li Bai(Chinese) vs Ri Haku(Japanese) vs Ly Bach(Vietnamese) - are analogues of name variants.

Eg4. Analogues of (kdrama) streaming sites - SoompiTV, Viki, DF, Tudou, Sohu, iQiyi, etc.

When KSR says MLED is not a common love story but an analogue love story, I think she's referring to how MLED is a love story just like any other love story of fateful relationship, but yet still so different, and also the 3 generations of lovers in MLED are similar but not the same. There are common grounds, common occurrences, yet they are 3 distinctly different couples.

When JJM says he needs to go in an analogue direction cos KSR is urban, I think he means he needs to try to complement her modern, metropolitan acting style or her sassy modern persona. To try and be similar or parallel to her in some ways. Perhaps he doesn't think he is contemporary enough and so he sees KSR as being urban. Funny how I can't see JJM as being old-fashioned or conservative. I guess one really can't judge a book by its cover. 

Reproductions in essence are analogues of some kind. CPnim and his team's concept of recreating scenes from CAALS and ITMFL are instances. And then writernim using Dog of Flanders over and over to parallel 10s Eun Dong and Hyeon Soo, and the fate of OTP, A ray of hope here is that writernim may give us the 10s Eun Dong's ending instead of the real book's ending, that would be an analogue too. Of course, we are only half way through with MLED, there's more in the works that we haven't yet been shown.

I think it's not a stretch to say JJM and KSR are analogues of Eun Ho and Eun Dong respectively in MLED, or of each other in the real world.  

Oh no...sorry for this long and 'boring response' or 'OK to skip' hence in spoilers....hehe (trying to chime as analogues to a couple other posters :) )

PS: The quote function is really trying my patience. Both the name quote and the post quote. @mdj101 you're not alone in experiencing 'old reply within new draft reply'. Soompi wae-yo?   

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although it is sort of off topic, some may find this of interest. Think of it as the roots of inspiration for MLED. Although... I'd never want Hyun Su and Eun Dong's story to be that depressing. Maggie Cheung's description of her character in part 1 is a fitting explanation of Eun Dong's character. (Ah, the golden age of Hong Kong cinema.)

http://thefilmstage.com/news/watch-30-minute-documentary-chronicles-production-of-in-the-mood-for-love/

@lorac Thanks for the link. Interesting BTS about ITMFL. Indeed, the golden age of HK movies/dramas seems to have lost its shine? This era belongs to kdramas and kmovies, I feel. 

I was reading about JJM and I saw this:  His intolerance of rudeness and tendency to speak out against actors being treated poorly has also lost him some roles. 

Reminds me of what DG said to him when he asked if EH has offended Writer Seo (ED). And also when EH walked off the set due to the co-star rudeness. 

Interesting. 

Ah, @jadecloud, are you crushing our hopes and dreams for some into-the-villa scenes already this week?

Lol @meelis are you introducing us posts with cliffhangers? 

LOL, it wasn't intentional, but poor me was still working, so it just happened. Sorry for this.

Anyway, my head is empty now and I forgot what I wanted to say, I remember it was long and maybe too boring. :D All translations are good enough and make us happy, that's what matters the most. 

@meelis 

Nah. I'm not. Really! Think of the Novotel Ambassador suite room, that's their first tryst this week. Next week, they'll have their 2N3D rendezvous at the villa/Taeahn beach. Just like 20s Eun Dong and Hyeon Soo, a consecutive rendezvous, isn't this a better arrangement? :P  

Gahhh...can't wait! (and wait till I get the go-ahead to share some interesting info from c-fans...it'd make everyone's hearts beat too fast, like it did mine...hehe)

But hang on, you kept us waiting with that cliffhanger, so now you have to face your demons(empty mind) like Eun Dong and save us, chingu-yah!:P

Ah, @jadecloud, are you crushing our hopes and dreams for some into-the-villa scenes already this week?

Lol @meelis are you introducing us posts with cliffhangers? 

LOL, it wasn't intentional, but poor me was still working, so it just happened. Sorry for this.

Anyway, my head is empty now and I forgot what I wanted to say, I remember it was long and maybe too boring. :D All translations are good enough and make us happy, that's what matters the most. 

@meelis 

Nah. I'm not. Really! Think of the Novotel Ambassador suite room, that's their first tryst this week. Next week, they'll have their 2N3D rendezvous at the villa/Taeahn beach. Just like 20s Eun Dong and Hyeon Soo, a consecutive rendezvous, isn't this a better arrangement? :P  

Gahhh...can't wait! (and wait till I get the go-ahead to share some interesting info from c-fans...it'd make everyone's hearts beat too fast, like it did mine...hehe)

But hang on, you kept us waiting with that cliffhanger, so now you have to face your demons(empty mind) like Eun Dong and save us, chingu-yah!:P

Wahhh why can't you now? You're making me way too curious ^_^

@meelis 

Biyane. Have to obey their request. I don't want to risk being blacklisted. You know how huge the c-fandom is? Let's be patient and wait for the green light.

@meelis 

Biyane. Have to obey their request. I don't want to risk being blacklisted. You know how huge the c-fandom is? Let's be patient and wait for the green light.

Haha I totally understand! I'm too impatient :P

Hi,

Here in Brazil is a hollyday, and I was spending my time also re-watching MLED episodes. Then suddenly one idea came up in my mind, but I don't know if this is too mankjang or really ungrounded.

But, supposing as many fellows think here, that ED is the writer Park, whom wrote EH's first drama, what do you think happened to her royalties? Who received it?

What if the step father did it to her to keep the royalties to himself???  Could it be??? Or is this really absurd???

I don't know how to find it without watching all 8 episodes so let me ask you all for help:

1. do you remember when Hyun Soo asked Eun Dong if he had to, how would he find her?  I don't know at which age HS said this.  And I don't remember what ED's answer was but I remember this dialogue?  Any idea.

2.Young ED said when he saw her again she will tell him what she was going to promise.  Or something she had to tell her.  When adult ED was typing this note she said something like 'oh that girl' and then something like 'who would not know what that was'.  Does anyone remember?  Or know what I am referring to?  Thank you.

Guest vvpal

Some of the comments and discoveries the fans and my fellow Soompiers made are just daebak!

They actually watch the show in slow motion!!! How else will they notice the superman connection!

-Deep bow-

I watch the show in both English and Chinese. So unless both the Viki and Chinese 韩剧舍 are wrong, the case of the second home is clear cut. EH gave money to his parents FOR THEM to be a second home near their greenhouse so they won't have to drive an hour to their greenhouse.

How do we twist it to say it's the villa (do we even know they stayed at a villa) for the bang-bang vacation? And that he bought IT based on preview shots of a villa. IMHO sometimes our fanaticism gets a little uncontrolled.

I don't know how to find it without watching all 8 episodes so let me ask you all for help:

1. do you remember when Hyun Soo asked Eun Dong if he had to, how would he find her?  I don't know at which age HS said this.  And I don't remember what ED's answer was but I remember this dialogue?  Any idea.

2.Young ED said when he saw her again she will tell him what she was going to promise.  Or something she had to tell her.  When adult ED was typing this note she said something like 'oh that girl' and then something like 'who would not know what that was'.  Does anyone remember?  Or know what I am referring to?  Thank you.

1. I believe it was when they (in their 10's) were sitting on a a fence looking out at an open field. She replied that she'd recognize him because he has the warmest back? If I remember correctly.

@alleverything You are correct, that's exactly what she said. @seungshinl it was in the first two episodes (both things) but I'm not sure if it was the beginning episodes (the web ones) or the regular drama ones. I kind of guess her promise might be she would wait for him, I'm not sure though.

I remember #2 where Jeong Eun was muttering 'fool' to Eun Ho's audio recordings, and the flashback was the 10s. Ep 4? @thegoldbug is right about the promise. I think so too.

I think #1 was also during the 10s...ep 1 and the web ep 1/2? Did you mean how he can find her? or she can find him? @alleverything @thegoldbug are right if the latter. can't remember the former.

Quote  @ninaanin  But, supposing as many fellows think here, that ED is the writer Park, whom wrote EH's first drama, what do you think happened to her royalties? Who received it?

What if the step father did it to her to keep the royalties to himself???  Could it be??? Or is this really absurd???

Me: Ouhhh, something came to my mind. On ep 4, when Choi's mom sat down to talk to ED, she asked her how did her (step) dad attained that position? Who is he mingling with to get such high position/where did he get the money to achieve such position? Mom went on to say, are you even their real daughter? Which parent would see their child suffer (when they have money)? 

So I think he is the mastermind behind all these heartaches. Her royalty paid his way to his current position now. 

My speculation: To save his a$$ from being sued by Choi's family, he made ED married Choi so she will have to serve him forever. That is why he's adamant she stayed immobile with her memory. Omg, jinjja jerk this man. I have some classic curse words for him if he is proven the mastermind behind all these.  Humph! 

Some of the comments and discoveries the fans and my fellow Soompiers made are just daebak!

They actually watch the show in slow motion!!! How else will they notice the superman connection!

-Deep bow-

I watch the show in both English and Chinese. So unless both the Viki and Chinese 韩剧舍 are wrong, the case of the second home is clear cut. EH gave money to his parents FOR THEM to be a second home near their greenhouse so they won't have to drive an hour to their greenhouse.

How do we twist it to say it's the villa (do we even know they stayed at a villa) for the bang-bang vacation? And that he bought IT based on preview shots of a villa. IMHO sometimes our fanaticism gets a little uncontrolled.

That's true. Eun Ho did give or rather, transfer money into his parent's account to have them buy themselves a second home. But they scoffed at it saying 1-hour is not that far. 

I don't think we twisted it to refer to the villa as the second home. It could be true that the second home is what Eun Ho has in mind for his own use as well as his parents. But the villa came into play cos of photos we've seen. House vs villas may not be one and the same. Just some specs flying around that's all.

In light of our guessing game about what the 'surprising reversal' will entail that includes a memory of Eun Dong's, even JEH is not aware of, and a thought that it may be a narration from Eun Dong's POV (as per DCInside), I want to draw attention to the first line of the 13 year Eun Dong's character description:

cqK1nE7.png

The very first line it says, 'the one who disappeared was not me but you oppa!  I have always been there, in the same place (spot).."

Understanding that CD's don't always stay the same, still, it's quite a statement as the opener.

I've been more than skeptical about this alternative JED POV concept but now I am beginning to wonder....just a tad.  

Friday is sooo far away to see EH and ED again....I can't imagine waiting for 10 years for your love one to show up....at this rate of heartache and anticipation of waiting, I may even cry when they kiss again and when they bang, I will make sure the earth stops spinning for you, Oppa. I will even hold my breath. Pinky promise. We all will protect your copulation. Writernim sshi, EH is a warm blooded man. It must hurt to wait/celibate that long while acting along beautiful actresses and have that crazy woman throwing herself at him. Lawd have mercy on his special anatomy! Poor guy. I just know soon we'll see them in each other's arms. Now that EH is in his 30s and super rich, all hell will break loose if anyone or anything come in between him and his Eun Dong. *still in delulu mode. 

Talking about analogues and parallels, this came to me...

Do you guys remember 20s ED/EH in the park, having their fried chicken and rice rolls? But only ED has been stuffing her face. LOL. ED flipped EH's book and photos fell out. ED saw one and thot she looked like a pig. Then she kept the photo. EH told her pretty/beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Then in ep 5(I think) during the dinner date. EH showed JE his phone ID which said 'Pretty Writer'. JE asked did DG really input that? Then JE asked EH he's been working with so many pretty actresses. how did he deal with that? EH looked at JE intently and said "They are pretty only if I say they are' or something like that.

That's a parallel. Yes? 

In light of our guessing game about what the 'surprising reversal' will entail that includes a memory of Eun Dong's, even JEH is not aware of, and a thought that it may be a narration from Eun Dong's POV (as per DCInside), I want to draw attention to the first line of the 13 year Eun Dong's character description:

The very first line it says, 'the one who disappeared was not me but you oppa!  I have always been there, in the same place (spot).."

Understanding that CD's don't always stay the same, still, it's quite a statement as the opener.

I've been more than skeptical about this alternative JED POV concept but now I am beginning to wonder....just a tad.  

I have not looked at this before. In fact, besides the main few, the rest are not seen, or translated. This is new to me. Interesting!

The POV from JED, I really think writernim has it in her plot already. How could she not? I hope so... A love story from both sides ... can't wait to see what's coming up.

Archived